Quantcast

» «
Photo

BOGT or TLAD

100 replies to this topic

Poll: Which DLC did you like best? (614 member(s) have cast votes)

Which DLC did you like best?

1. BOGT (373 votes [70.78%])

Percentage of vote: 70.78%

2. TLAD (86 votes [16.32%])

Percentage of vote: 16.32%

3. Same (68 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote
playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:35 AM

I haven't played BOGT yet, but i will tomorrow. then i can give my answer, but which did you like best? Or did you like them both the same?

Jeramy
  • Jeramy

Right Hand Man

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

I like them both, they both have their ups and downs.

Durka Durka Mahn
  • Durka Durka Mahn

Hello there...

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:47 AM

I really enjoyed BoGT, and I did not buy TLaD.. I am not a huge fan of biker gangs in GTA, and I always dreaded working for them for some reason.

Plus, the new free mode is amazing.

ElBarto3131
  • ElBarto3131

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:48 AM

BoGT by a mile, I didn't like TLAD, not into the biker thing.

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:53 AM

it seems like BOGt would be all ups and no downs. does anyone know of any downs?

Jeramy
  • Jeramy

Right Hand Man

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (playaindahood @ Oct 30 2009, 04:53)
it seems like BOGt would be all ups and no downs. does anyone know of any downs?

The only down I can think of at the moment is the lack of multiplayer modes, but the free mode is all I really need, what with all the new maps, weapons, vehicles, etc..

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:02 AM

i liked TLAD fine but I liked this better. parachuting and sachel charges really make this a winner. and the new explosive shotgun makes the one in TLAD look silly. I like the story better too, though this is where the two games were closest. in terms of gameplay TBOGT is way better, but in terms of story they're about the same, both good but not great. I don't think there will ever be a "great" gta story. btw imo GTA IV's story was bad.

Dudepeel
  • Dudepeel

Hudda Hudda Huh!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:53 AM

Same, both expansions are great. TBoGT is better gameplay-wise, but TLaD has better story in my opinion.

Chloe Smith
  • Chloe Smith

Forum Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:04 AM

As a true fan of the series, I can honeslty say that I enjoyed BOGT more, seeing as it just has more of a cohesive story, and very great cast of characters involved. It was also nice to see one of my favorite characters return (Gracie). All in all, I'm pleased with TLAD at most. It just wasn't all that fun for me. Was never too big on biking gangs, but it was fun nonetheless.

BOGT takes the cake for me. wink.gif

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

TLAD by far for me felt like Rockstar actually tried with that story and feel of the biker theme. BoGT seems a little sloppy made and the story is a bit messy. Also I liked Johnny way more than Luis.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

Hard to choose. I love the biker theme, but I also like the glitzy, nightclub theme too.

Two very different perspectives on the same city.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:22 PM

Oh wow, I don't like TBOGT but I'm in a minority it seems, TLAD was a lot better in most aspects but I guess TBOGT is what GTA fans want, I guess I don't fit in anymore as this is just annoying crap to me.

Brevich
  • Brevich

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

Same, i love both inlove.gif

TOMERAKA
  • TOMERAKA

GTA Lover

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

TLaD has nice multiplayer but the single player is a bit boring, so you can't play that much when you've done the whole story, and TBoGT has such an awesome single player AND multiplayer, it is never enough, you can to do so much things

satchboogie
  • satchboogie

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

TLAD had great mulitplayer modes and the new weapons/bikes were awesome, but it was just too "grungy" for me. I can't stand metal, let alone death metal and I don't like the gritty story. GTA for me is about becoming the king of the world, thus Vice City was the best storyline to me. Nothing beats 80's Miami with a heavy dose of Scarface and happy (wealthy) ending.

BOGT feels great, I love the glitzy, rich, over the top atmosphere. I love the new weapons, vehicles, and minigames. Honestly, I think at this point GTA IV has MORE to offer than San Andreas. Parachuting/basejumping is FAR FAR FAR better in BOGT than it ever was in SA. We now have a ridiculous attack helicopter and an awesome APC. It's fun.

Machiavelli's Prophecy
  • Machiavelli's Prophecy

Mo money mo problems

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

BOGT is way better.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

from the videos that I saw (and I looked at atleast to 10 videos of each episode now) I seem to prefer TBOGT.

Darkgamr
  • Darkgamr

Keep It Gucci

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

I like BoGT better although it is worse in the sense that most missions felt like a tutorial. There were missions made only to introduce you to the Buzzard, APC, parachute and sticky bombs. TLaD didn't do this, as I recall only pipe bombs and the grenade launcher got a specific mission to introduce them.

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

I liked TLAD, but TBoGT is just a much meatier package. So many little things... little touches. The random character missions are really entertaining. The booty calls. The minigames. Sticky bombs and parachutes are great. Definitely far better than they are in SA (especially the latter). The Buzzard is far more epic and awesome than the Hunter could ever hope to be.

I just love how the story is more of a "you live your crazy life clubbing and whatnot and come across people and problems" as opposed to the whole "lets bag us some H, now let's sell it, now let's get it back from the guy who ripped us off" storylines of olde. And it's just overall hilarious, in constrast to TLAD and IV, which are quite moody and serious.

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:52 AM

i can finally make a decision. Definitely BOGT. It's everything you really want in a game.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

Ballad of Gay Tony for the story, the missions (the missions where miles better) the weapons, the characters, the look of the game.

So yeah my vote goes for TBOGT but I love TLAD too.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

For the Story??? The one where new characters appear out of nowhere with no mention of history in the previous episodes, such as Mori Kibbutz, Henrique and Armando, etc.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Oct 31 2009, 17:33)
For the Story??? The one where new characters appear out of nowhere with no mention of history in the previous episodes, such as Mori Kibbutz, Henrique and Armando, etc.

Yeah. I don't remember Billy, Brian, Stubbs being mentioned in IV, with the exception of them showing up in TLAD. Might be wrong about that though but I don't remember them being mentioned atleast.

Yusuf Amir however is mention, Gay Tony is mentioned, Luis is mentioned and Ray Bulgarin is mentioned.

The story isn't about characters that wasn't there before, lol. The story is about the story and I liked it, kay? if you can't accept that then ok. But I loved it. Sure it's not better than IV but I liked it more than TLAD's story. But I love all three.

As I've said before though TLAD had better connections with IV such as Jason being killed and Jim and stuff like that. TBOGT is good too but I think TLAD handled connecting too IV a bit better

But I liked the characters more in TBOGT. I find Gay Tony a lot better than lets say Billy, or Jim. I thought the friendship between Luis and Tony was handled a lot better than the friendship between Jim and Johnny

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:28 PM

Billy is actually in GTA IV, he's on the Police Databse.

Also, whatever, different strokes man, I hate TBOGT, but love TLAD.

Also, can someone tell me where the f*ck MORI came from? I've finished GTA IV FOUR times, and never, not once, did Brucie ever mention he has a brother, let alone a brother in Liberty City!

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Oct 31 2009, 18:28)
Billy is actually in GTA IV, he's on the Police Databse.

Also, whatever, different strokes man, I hate TBOGT, but love TLAD.

Also, can someone tell me where the f*ck MORI came from? I've finished GTA IV FOUR times, and never, not once, did Brucie ever mention he has a brother, let alone a brother in Liberty City!

If you paid attention to Mori and Brucie's relationship it's pretty f*cking obvious as to why Brucie didn't mention him. He's a wreck whenever he's around him, he clearly isn't a big fan of the guy and seem depressed when he's around

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

Yeah. Brucie clearly doesn't want him around, and evidently tries to forget about him when he can.

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:58 PM

I loved TLaD, but I didn't like the fact that you're always on a bike in or around Alderney. TBoGT was awesome, it showed a whole other side to the city, it was really refreshing. IV will always have the best story, but TBoGT also had Yusuf Amir, possibly the funniest character in GTA history.

For me, the order of awesomeness (Is that a word? notify.gif ) goes like this:

1. IV and TBoGT (Tied)
2. TLaD

woody242
  • woody242

English pig dog.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:45 AM

I like both as they achieve what they aimed for.

TLaD went for a dark, gritty side of Liberty.Even though IV had already kind of done that.

BoGT went for crazy, fun, nightlife in Liberty.

But character wise I liked johnny more than Luis, as Johnny was bad ass but had humor even though his life was going to sh*t, when Luis has it all and he's always bad ass non-stop. although Tony is one of my favourite GTA charcters of all time, the voice actor D.B. cooper I think, did a great job and he can be funny.

Derelict Frog
  • Derelict Frog

VRock - Home of the Vulture

• Members

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:03 AM

BOGT did mention the characters everyone had thought would be included, and it does have a brilliant story. I still think the story of TLAD is more atmospheric and compelling, but that's like saying Macbeth is better than The Tempest. However the only downer I found in BOGT was the fact that Bahama Mamas stays closed and unenterable - otherwise I can find no major flaw.

Numero Siete
  • Numero Siete

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:44 PM

BOGT by far

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users