Photo

The Possible Trinity

698 replies to this topic
MitchJ90
  • MitchJ90

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

I intend to but I want to know why you would think that, its almost set in stone he helps him. How can it make sense, maybe I missed it before.

TheGreyGhost
  • TheGreyGhost

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:04 AM Edited by TheGreyGhost, 07 December 2009 - 12:23 AM.

He already gave you reasons why he thinks the way he does, and it isn't anywhere close to being "set in stone". You should really just drop it, cause you're not going to help anything by beating this dead horse.

Edit: I've got my mission timeline up on this blog. It's not pretty (hope to fix it in a little bit) and I'm missing Random Characters from TLAD and BOGT, but besides that it is perfect in my mind as Jeff is too unpredictable to add (I like to think it happens after the main story) and Car Thefts/Street Races/Vigilante Missions have no set point with the main storyline.

http://thegreyghosts...p.blogspot.com/

Edit 2: It's not formatting correctly on the blog, so I've hosted my word document on a file sharing service. I hate having to make it downloadable, but at 16 pages it is way too long to post.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gfdmyjy20mz

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Nov 29 2009, 22:17)
As regards to Bleed Out/First Date I think Niko would have ignored Roman and gone on the date... Which I think most people chose to do when they first played the game. It also makes the story better because Roman gets beaten up because of the choice you make which presumably would make you want to be good to him and save his ass from then on.

There's my reason. It really makes no difference which mission you do first though.
Now can we please move on..

MitchJ90
  • MitchJ90

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:22 AM

Thats fair enough but story wise it makes no sense seeing as he knows they tried to kill him before, how can you explain that. SUre it isn't that important but you have had longer discussions about what time of day missions take place wiith people who has agreed with you, just seems like you don't want to discuss anything that makes you wrong.

And guys any idea about the random char bit.

TheGreyGhost
  • TheGreyGhost

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (MitchJ90 @ Dec 7 2009, 00:22)
Thats fair enough but story wise it makes no sense seeing as he knows they tried to kill him before, how can you explain that. SUre it isn't that important but you have had longer discussions about what time of day missions take place wiith people who has agreed with you, just seems like you don't want to discuss anything that makes you wrong.

That is a valid point. People have been confrontational earlier about being called out on their decisions...

I figured we came to the conclusion that Random Characters really didn't need to be documented as there was nothing within the storyline that states when they have to be done. One could argue that they have to be done as soon as they are unlocked just as much as one could argue they must be done after the game is completed.

For my timeline, I simply tried to have Niko do character missions based on his location towards them after completing main storyline missions. For example, I have him doing Marnie's second encounter after Weekend at Florians as he is only a few blocks away from her position.

MitchJ90
  • MitchJ90

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:32 AM

Random characters is just me wanting the whole experience like wanting to listen to the whole news stories etc. i will do them as soon as avauble then do the next one of teirs if I can a mission later etc just so its not all to packed in, should be starting tomorow hopefully.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:10 AM

Nothing in what you have said in this whole topic makes me wrong. I just don't like wasting time going back to things that have already been discussed. Your determined to impose your views on people but it's not gonna happen man sorry.

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:15 AM

I agree with you but I dont understand how you could be bothered so much that you just keep going on about it.
If you want to play it first then go ahead.

MitchJ90
  • MitchJ90

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Dec 7 2009, 01:10)

Nothing in what you have said in this whole topic makes me wrong. I just don't like wasting time going back to things that have already been discussed. Your determined to impose your views on people but it's not gonna happen man sorry.

Its because your reasons aren't that great compared to why he would save Roman first, but mostly because you refuse to address the reasons why I think your wrong, if you gave reasons why he would ignore the attempts on his cousins life then I could accept that but when its just ignored I find it slightly irrating (My fault I spent time on a comics forum lol)

I don't care if the order is changed but...sorry I have ADHD and my mind wonders so I forgt what I was going to put.

Anyway its ALL irrelvent since the point of GTA isits your choice, but its your choice I am confused about.

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:44 AM

I think everyone should just drop it. We're clearly getting nowhere with this.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:47 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 07 December 2009 - 05:06 PM.

QUOTE (LCstuntman @ Dec 7 2009, 01:44)
I think everyone should just drop it. We're clearly getting nowhere with this.

Yeah I second that. The whole discussion is a waste of time and space.

EDIT: Just looking at TheGreyGhost's mission timeline and I must say it's really well layed out..
great work man, cookies 4 u cookie.gif cookie.gif

MitchJ90
  • MitchJ90

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

LOL someone disagrees and its a waste of time but doing a certain mission at night is of the upmost importance. Just keep ignoring anything that shows your wrong.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (MitchJ90 @ Dec 7 2009, 13:08)
LOL someone disagrees and its a waste of time but doing a certain mission at night is of the upmost importance. Just keep ignoring anything that shows your wrong.

I will man thanks for the advice icon14.gif

TheGreyGhost
  • TheGreyGhost

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Dec 7 2009, 01:47)
Just looking at TheGreyGhost's mission timeline and I must say it's really well layed out..
great work man, cookies 4 u cookie.gif cookie.gif

Thanks. I am sure there is a little error in mission placement somewhere in there, so I hope to play through it and iron everything out next week when I start my vacation.

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Dec 7 2009, 09:06)

hahaha lol.gif

Yay for sarcasm!

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:20 AM

How did this turn so negative? Is it not understood that everyone's submission is their own opinion? This was supposed to be fun.

wryan10
  • wryan10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Dec 8 2009, 04:20)
How did this turn so negative? Is it not understood that everyone's submission is their own opinion? This was supposed to be fun.

well said....

MitchJ90
  • MitchJ90

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (LCstuntman @ Dec 8 2009, 02:37)

hahaha lol.gif

Yay for sarcasm!

He has no choice after ignoring the obvious lol.

ANyway I started yesterday, allot of fun going from riding with Jason to after him in 5 minutes.

ALso it wasn't negative until he started ignoring anything that proved he was wrong, childish but whatever. Has any of you done it yourselfs?

wryan10
  • wryan10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (MitchJ90 @ Dec 8 2009, 12:56)

hahaha lol.gif

Yay for sarcasm!

ANyway I started yesterday, allot of fun going from riding with Jason to after him in 5 minutes.

ALso it wasn't negative until he started ignoring anything that proved he was wrong, childish but whatever. Has any of you done it yourselfs?

I've done MOB's playthrough and am currently doing versityle's. I've disagreed with them on little things for both playthroughs. Some things they've changed, and other things they disagreed, but they always gave their reasons. I don't expect them to change their lists cause i disagree, in the end I play the game the way I see it anyway.

My feeling is that if they didn't take the time to make the lists I wouldn't be able to even know where to start so the least I can do is cut them some slack, you know? We all have our own way of how we see Nikko, Johnny, and Luis thinking...why try and force our own personal views on somebody who sees it differently? Get your voice heard for people who might see it your way, and then move on.

I'm not trying to get on your case or anything, am just saying we hear ya, no need to rip MOB anymore when we could be using up the space to get further into the game...

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (wryan10 @ Dec 8 2009, 13:32)

hahaha lol.gif

Yay for sarcasm!

I've done MOB's playthrough and am currently doing versityle's. I've disagreed with them on little things for both playthroughs. Some things they've changed, and other things they disagreed, but they always gave their reasons. I don't expect them to change their lists cause i disagree, in the end I play the game the way I see it anyway.

My feeling is that if they didn't take the time to make the lists I wouldn't be able to even know where to start so the least I can do is cut them some slack, you know? We all have our own way of how we see Nikko, Johnny, and Luis thinking...why try and force our own personal views on somebody who sees it differently? Get your voice heard for people who might see it your way, and then move on.

I'm not trying to get on your case or anything, am just saying we hear ya, no need to rip MOB anymore when we could be using up the space to get further into the game...

Well said Wryan, and let me be the last to touch on this subject.

I was going to change around my list to have "First Date" take place before "Bleed Out" but since there are so many views against it I figure I can keep it the way it is, not to give in but just to have an alternative to that of MOB's list. That way MOB has "First Date" first, and I have "Bleed Out" first. Of course you can do what Wryan does and just do what you see fit so if you're doing MOB's list you can probably switch the two around still in your own playthrough, I'm sure he won't mind.

"Momma's Boy" to "This Sh*t's Cursed" in my next post.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:07 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 08 December 2009 - 05:04 PM.

I'm at Bernie's missions now in my list and I've noticed two things that could change my order,
1 about Derrick's missions and 1 about U.L. Paper's missions.

Firstly, when you complete Smackdown it says on the news that the bridge crossings from Algonquin to Alderney have just opened.. which is fine because they would've been opened not to long ago making the story relevant, however the radio version of the story specificly states that the bridges opened "today" which would place Smackdown Directly after Three Leaf Clover.

The second thing (well it's a few things actually), In the opening cutscene of Portrait of a Killer, UL Paper tells Niko he's heard he's looking for Some Men, not One Man (Darko) but Some Men, which would suggest that Niko has not found Florian/Bernie yet. Also after the mission he calls you and talks about hearing that Niko has found Bernie and that he could have told him he wasn't the person he was looking for. It's my understanding that this call occurs after Weekend at Florian's instead of Portrait of a Killer if you do Portrait of a Killer first.. this makes alot more sense because how could UL Paper have told Niko that Bernie wasn't the man who sold him out if the two had never met?? Another interesting thing is at the end of the phonecall he tells Niko he'll "be in touch" which would suggest some time passing between Portrait of a Killer and Dust Off. The final thing I noticed is that at the beginning of Dust Off, UL Paper tells Niko he's late and scolds him for acting like an Idiot and hanging around with the Wrong people.. but this makes no sense if Niko hasn't worked for anybody except UL Paper himself between Portrait of a Killer and Dust Off. So long story short I think UL Paper's first two missions should occur a lot earlier.

I wanna know what others think though. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:49 PM Edited by Versityle, 08 December 2009 - 09:39 PM.

Yeah MOB good find icon14.gif

If you look at my list I think I have it down already. I had Smackdown take place right after Three Leaf Clover in Niko's file because Packie tells you to go look for him so I wouldn't think that Niko would hang around too long when Derrick might be in trouble.

And I noticed the thing about U.L Paper scolding Niko for being late and "hanging out with the wrong people" so I thought of Pegorino because he says that "they're not a (real) family" so I placed his missions some time after Pegorino's and closer to Gravelli's that way he's spread out through the arc between Hostile Negotiation and That Special Someone.

EDIT: Okay here's my list from "Momma's Boy" to "This Sh*t's Cursed"...

Momma's Boy: Weekday, Day or Evening
I would say this should take place on a weekday because the guy harassing Adriana could be working his day job so timings can be anywhere between 9am to before the sun sets. I'd assume as well that the underground fighting goes on 24/7.

Practice Swing: Weekday, Daytime
Pretty much I day time mission like required I don't think a specific time is necessary. However I say weekday because the Messina tied to the caddy is from the union so he could have been taken from work or on the way to. I would imagine the golf course not as crowded on a weekday either.

Smackdown: Morning
Anywhere in the morning, where I would imagine Derrick being lost all night and crashing on a park bench until Niko finally finds him. Late morning works too because Bucky Sligo is at Burger Shot and I would imagine that he be going for an early lunch which could be around 10 to 11ish.

Actions Speak Louder Than Words: Late Afternoon or Evening
The Ancelotti's are having a meeting so I'd assume that's taking place sometime in the afternoon. By the time they finish it could be late afternoon or evening so then they'd leave to the site. You'd probably have to trigger this mission at Gerry's a little earlier around morning as Kate and Ma aren't home so again, they could be out doing something at it's quite a drive so time would pass.

Kibbutz Number One: Weekday Afternoon
I say Weekday Afternoon because the guys you kill (Mori's employee's apparently) seem to be working their day job much as usual plus Mori and Luis probably have nothing better to do on a Weekday afternoon and Brucie can be coming back from anything when he enters his place.

Final Interview... Mon-Thurs, Working Hours
This would likely take place on a weekday seeing how Francis is at work, and when you make the appointment with the firm it's usually the next day at noon which should also be a weekday so that's why you don't want to do this mission on Friday and have your interview on Saturday.

Chinese Takeout: Evening
This mission should be done just as the club is opening as it is a night time mission but keep the Sun out as I don't think Tony would be driving down to Chinatown for a meet in the middle of the night.

Off Route: Weekday Late Morning or Early Afternoon
Same as "Politics", when else would you see a congressman at his loft when he's supposed to be working.

Final Interview: Tues-Fri, 12pm
Depending on what day you did the first "Final Interview", the second part will likely take place the next day and I think 12 is always the default time.

This Sh*t's Cursed: Same day as "Final Interview", Afternoon or Evening
This has been confusing for a while since the "Best of Both Worlds" Thread. It could be that these two missions took place at the same time, but if it didn't it certainly took place within hours of each other so because the news story of Goldberg appears in the TLAD I'd figured that would have to take place first for players before they see it updated in Johnny's story.

Next will be "Sexy Time" to "Bad Standing"

TheGreyGhost
  • TheGreyGhost

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Dec 8 2009, 16:07)
when you complete Smackdown it says on the news that the bridge crossings from Algonquin to Alderney have just opened.. which is fine because they would've been opened not to long ago making the story relevant, however the radio version of the story specificly states that the bridges opened "today" which would place Smackdown Directly after Three Leaf Clover.

This doesn't necessarily have to mean that Smackdown MUST take place after Three Leaf Clover, it simply means that one should not venture into Alderney until they are ready to do Three Leaf Clover.

MitchJ90
  • MitchJ90

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (wryan10 @ Dec 8 2009, 13:32)

hahaha lol.gif

Yay for sarcasm!

I dont mind if it changes, the only problem I have is him refusing to address anything that makes him wrong. Apart from that its all good, bout to carry on with the list.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (TheGreyGhost @ Dec 9 2009, 05:30)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Dec 8 2009, 16:07)
when you complete Smackdown it says on the news that the bridge crossings from Algonquin to Alderney have just opened.. which is fine because they would've been opened not to long ago making the story relevant, however the radio version of the story specificly states that the bridges opened "today" which would place Smackdown Directly after Three Leaf Clover.

This doesn't necessarily have to mean that Smackdown MUST take place after Three Leaf Clover, it simply means that one should not venture into Alderney until they are ready to do Three Leaf Clover.

It kinda does mean that though. I mean I can leave the list as is but it just seems a lot more acurate if the news says that the bridges are open when they actually open as opposed to when Niko first ventures into Alderney. I'd like to hear other people's opinion on this though.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:15 AM

Alderney is unlocked by completing Three Leaf Clover. Three Leaf Clover unlocks Actions Speak Louder Than Words, which unlocks Smackdown.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Dec 10 2009, 02:15)
Alderney is unlocked by completing Three Leaf Clover. Three Leaf Clover unlocks Actions Speak Louder Than Words, which unlocks Smackdown.

Actually both Actions Speak Louder Than Words and Smackdown are unlocked after Three Leaf Clover. Gerry is put on your map first when he calls but soon later Packie will call you about Derrick and asks you to go look for him which is why I put Smackdown first because it seems more urgent.

TheGreyGhost
  • TheGreyGhost

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Dec 9 2009, 23:12)
It kinda does mean that though. I mean I can leave the list as is but it just seems a lot more acurate if the news says that the bridges are open when they actually open as opposed to when Niko first ventures into Alderney. I'd like to hear other people's opinion on this though.

I see it more as Alderney being opened from a gameplay perspective after Three Leaf Clover, but from a storyline perspective it is only opened shortly before you do Smackdown. For the storyline you would have to ignore it being opened until you need to do Smackdown, sort of how we ignore the phone call about Elizabeta being thrown in prison.

I haven't tried to work it in after Three Leaf Clover yet though, the only reason I am saying this is in case it is difficult to place after Three Leaf Clover. It seems like you have to work so much in after three leaf clover because of the Chinese Takeout screw up.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (TheGreyGhost @ Dec 10 2009, 03:09)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Dec 9 2009, 23:12)

I see it more as Alderney being opened from a gameplay perspective after Three Leaf Clover, but from a storyline perspective it is only opened shortly before you do Smackdown. For the storyline you would have to ignore it being opened until you need to do Smackdown, sort of how we ignore the phone call about Elizabeta being thrown in prison.

I haven't tried to work it in after Three Leaf Clover yet though, the only reason I am saying this is in case it is difficult to place after Three Leaf Clover. It seems like you have to work so much in after three leaf clover because of the Chinese Takeout screw up.

It actually quite easy... just stick it in between Three Leaf Clover and Final Interview. And the Elizabetha being thrown in prison thing is unavoidable so it's necessary to disregard the phonecall whereas the Smackdown/Alderney Opening Thing is completely workable. And Versityle is right... Smackdown is unlocked by completing Three Leaf Clover.

TheGreyGhost
  • TheGreyGhost

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

I'm really starting to understand why Liquidus dropped out of this. I'm trying to replay the game using my own list, and it's gotten so dull.

I can't tell if it is just because I have replayed GTAIV so many times at this point, or if it is just because I am trying to follow this list so carefully.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users