• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (wryan10 @ Nov 18 2009, 10:25)
hey MOB,

Have started a playthrough with your list and am loving it so far, just wanted to say thanks. It may take me a while to finish with the job and girlfriend taking all my xbox time away, but i'll let you know if i run into anything along the way...

Thanks man much appreciated. I know exactly where your coming from.. it's for much the same reasons that I'm unable to playthrough the list myself.

Donmega88
  • Donmega88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Nov 18 2009, 14:19)
QUOTE (wryan10 @ Nov 18 2009, 10:25)
hey MOB,

Have started a playthrough with your list and am loving it so far, just wanted to say thanks.  It may take me a while to finish with the job and girlfriend taking all my xbox time away, but i'll let you know if i run into anything along the way...

Thanks man much appreciated. I know exactly where your coming from.. it's for much the same reasons that I'm unable to playthrough the list myself.

I've been following your list for the last couple of days, and every went smoothly.

Until I completed "Haboring a Grudge" and recieved a call from Mallorie afterwards telling me that Elizabeta was doing a bid.

Shouldn't you have moved Johnny's missions for Elizabeta up a bit. I remember your post in another topic, where you had placed "Heavy Toll" and "The Snow Storm" after each other. That did make a lot of sense, since the drugs Elizabeta lost in "The Snow Storm" was probably the same drugs she had Johnny steal for her in the first place.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Donmega88 @ Nov 22 2009, 14:42)
Shouldn't you have moved Johnny's missions for Elizabeta up a bit. I remember your post in another topic, where you had placed "Heavy Toll" and "The Snow Storm" after each other. That did make a lot of sense, since the drugs Elizabeta lost in "The Snow Storm" was probably the same drugs she had Johnny steal for her in the first place.

MoB was right to change it because Heavy Toll is a couple missions after This sh*t's Cursed, and This sh*t's Cursed has to occur later than Three Leaf Clover for several reasons, but most obviously the cutscene of Chinese Takeout in TBoGT. The Snow Storm has to be done several missions before Three Leaf Clover. So, Johnny has to be working for Elizabeta around the same time Niko is working for various McRearys, long after Niko is done with her.

liquidus119
  • liquidus119

King of Kings

• Members

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:25 AM

Yeah, I really can't get over that. It just stinks of TBOGT being a rushed job on Rockstar North's part.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Nov 22 2009, 21:30)

MoB was right to change it because Heavy Toll is a couple missions after This sh*t's Cursed, and This sh*t's Cursed has to occur later than Three Leaf Clover for several reasons, but most obviously the cutscene of Chinese Takeout in TBoGT. The Snow Storm has to be done several missions before Three Leaf Clover. So, Johnny has to be working for Elizabeta around the same time Niko is working for various McRearys, long after Niko is done with her.

Or in a compressed form. TBOGT f*cked up the timeline a bit. tounge.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 23 2009, 12:16)

Yeah it's crazy how one badly placed mission can mess up the whole timeline. The way it really should go is the way I had it over in the TLAD section but then Rockstar decided to make a lackluster connection between the two games by putting Billy in Chinese Takeout and creating a stupid excuse why Tony and Luis go to The Dragon Heart Plaza. I think a lot of the missions in TBOGT are just filler to bridge the gap between crossover missions.. Others were just needless like suddenly giving Brucie a brother (although that was ok) or suddenly claiming that Tony was 45 and from Dukes.. not to mention dumb and dumber (you all know who I mean I'm sure).

The fact that none of the news stories other than those about crossover missions appear in any other game in the Era just goes to prove that Rockstar just created a load of missions that were off the wall (and stupid in some cases) and then thought about the timeline afterwards.. putting the missions in a random order in between crossovers, much the same way I have been forced to in order to work around their lack of effort. I think all in all the game comes off as good as far as fun is concerned but as far as story and continuity it's a sloppy piece of work that seemed like it was made in a hurry.

Anyway I've had my little rant and got it out of my system I don't want this to turn into a topic about how good or bad people think the story was so if anybody else has an suggestions that may help please let me know.

ElementL09
  • ElementL09

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

I'm glad to see you updated the list, I'm playing through it with the list and found some errors like completing "rigged to blow" not being unlocked unless you complete logging on. I've got the strategy guide for the game and its expansions and I found the prerequiste for missions.

Nice job with the list, its great to be playing the gta iv storyline along with johnny and luis perspective.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Nov 23 2009, 13:59)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 23 2009, 12:16)

Yeah it's crazy how one badly placed mission can mess up the whole timeline. The way it really should go is the way I had it over in the TLAD section but then Rockstar decided to make a lackluster connection between the two games by putting Billy in Chinese Takeout and creating a stupid excuse why Tony and Luis go to The Dragon Heart Plaza. I think a lot of the missions in TBOGT are just filler to bridge the gap between crossover missions.. Others were just needless like suddenly giving Brucie a brother (although that was ok) or suddenly claiming that Tony was 45 and from Dukes.. not to mention dumb and dumber (you all know who I mean I'm sure).

The fact that none of the news stories other than those about crossover missions appear in any other game in the Era just goes to prove that Rockstar just created a load of missions that were off the wall (and stupid in some cases) and then thought about the timeline afterwards.. putting the missions in a random order in between crossovers, much the same way I have been forced to in order to work around their lack of effort. I think all in all the game comes off as good as far as fun is concerned but as far as story and continuity it's a sloppy piece of work that seemed like it was made in a hurry.

Anyway I've had my little rant and got it out of my system I don't want this to turn into a topic about how good or bad people think the story was so if anybody else has an suggestions that may help please let me know.

No man I completely agree with you, IV and TLAD follow the same path, even though TLAD had it's own story you could near enough pinpoint where it was in GTA IV's Timeline. IV and TLAD felt a lot closer because the theme nearly matched, both characters are low in the city, both know some of the same connections, etc so the stories felt closer and actually thought out. In TBOGT, one of the things that put me off was the story, only seems like 8 or so missions actually fit in the GTA IV timeline, rest are just fan wank service (sorry guys but it's true, Rockstar have catered to your fun needs and OTT missions but messed a set story in the process), Mori appears out of nowhere, Bulgarin changed his style, Dumb & Dumber (as you put) share names with two characters in IV but are yet not connected at all or even mentioned.

To me, it seems we as fans have damaged TBOGT story, if I recall, Yusuf was suppose to be a proper businessman, but in TBOGT rockstar have taken things fan liked from IV and jacked it up, oh, people like Roman, let's make Yusuf a Rich Roman then! People liked Brucie a lot, lets make him have a brother who's even more Brucie than Brucie! etc. And whilst I appreciate the Billy appearance in TBOGT, it still didn't make sense to how this backfired for Billy and Brian and was set like a few weeks after in actually happened in TLAD. I just get the feeling TBOGT was suppose to start earlier but Rockstar couldn't find a way to explain why Luis was at the bank and how to make that a mission.

liquidus119
  • liquidus119

King of Kings

• Members

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

I couldn't agree with you guys more. TBoGT was nothing but fan service for all the guys who jumped on with San Andreas and wouldn't shut up about not being rich and not having parachutes. Everything established within GTAIV (and to some extent, TLAD) set Luis up as a street thug who was trying to make it big through Gay Tony. I expected much more of a rags to riches story through him instead of a simple "I'm co-manager of a night club with crazy friends!" story.

Oh well, no point crying over wasted potential, I guess.

wryan10
  • wryan10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

right now I'm at the Marta Full of Grace mission for TLAD(am doing MOB's trinity playthrough). Yes, it's a little weird having so much time pass between Elizabeth being on the brink in Niko's story and when she finally goes down.

I have noticed she mentions that her original bodyguard in the Johnny/Niko crossover mission(the short, chubby guy) turns states right after(I always assumed that Andreas was a re-skin, but it turns out he is a new character to TLAD...the original bodyguard's name escapes me at the moment). This helps continuity a bit, though I'm sure the missions were meant to coincide. I just try and imagine she knows she's being watched after Niko gives up the coke to Michelle, freaks at first, then nothing happens immediately so she tries to press on until the stress starts to really overtake her in TLAD.

I'd also suggest just not answering the phone whenever Mallorie calls...UNTIL...you finish the elizabetta tree in TLAD. I've gone that route so far and it seems to work(she still tries to call after game saves/restarts etc...also elizabetta's arrest doesn't seem to actually trigger until Mallorie tells you about it over the phone)

I know it's a bit cheap, and takes some imagination, but I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (wryan10 @ Nov 26 2009, 16:45)
right now I'm at the Marta Full of Grace mission for TLAD(am doing MOB's trinity playthrough). Yes, it's a little weird having so much time pass between Elizabeth being on the brink in Niko's story and when she finally goes down.

I have noticed she mentions that her original bodyguard in the Johnny/Niko crossover mission(the short, chubby guy) turns states right after(I always assumed that Andreas was a re-skin, but it turns out he is a new character to TLAD...the original bodyguard's name escapes me at the moment). This helps continuity a bit, though I'm sure the missions were meant to coincide. I just try and imagine she knows she's being watched after Niko gives up the coke to Michelle, freaks at first, then nothing happens immediately so she tries to press on until the stress starts to really overtake her in TLAD.

I'd also suggest just not answering the phone whenever Mallorie calls...UNTIL...you finish the elizabetta tree in TLAD. I've gone that route so far and it seems to work(she still tries to call after game saves/restarts etc...also elizabetta's arrest doesn't seem to actually trigger until Mallorie tells you about it over the phone)

I know it's a bit cheap, and takes some imagination, but I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Yeah that's actually a good way to think about it actually thanks for that man. And Liz's first bodyguard is named Jorge (pronounced Hore-Hay).

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:54 PM Edited by Versityle, 02 December 2009 - 03:02 AM.

I've finally done it!

I've been working on this list since The Lost and Damned came out, just a few weeks before Mafioso's "Best of Both Worlds Thread" and I've done a playthrough and I think I've come up with a pretty fine, structured list. Using the aide of MOB's list and Magic Al's Mission Tree I wanted to create a custom list for myself and maybe share it with others who wanted an alternative.

What I've been trying to do with this list in particular is to create a more thought-out structure of how Niko, Johnny and Luis would go about their business. I try to keep story arc's together, keep the realism of visiting mission givers as soon as they call or text (especially if it sounds urgent) and obviously to link up crossovers and news stories. I also tried to keep it structured as to how it would play out if someone were to play it for the first time (all three games) and how it would play out as a story on the whole: For example I've placed Blood Brothers and Undertaker just before Museum Piece when Ray is furious when he says "where the f*ck have you been". As a writer I have peace of mind that Niko had been busy with the funeral and is why he took so long to return to Ray.

This list is meant to be an alternative for anyone who usually likes to mix things up when playing a GTA game because that is what GTA is all about. I've taken the liberty to divide the whole story into seven chapters, each one ending with a major milestone in Niko's plot. I would like to thank MOB and Magic Al for their part-take in this topic, it really helped me a lot.

Grand Theft Auto IV - The Lost and Damned - The Ballad of Gay Tony

1. [R]The Cousins Bellic
2. [R]It's Your Call
3. [R]Three's a Crowd
4. [R]Bleed Out
5. [M]First Date
6. [R]Easy Fare
7. [V]Bull in China Shop
8. [V]Hung Out to Dry
9. [R]Jamaican Heat
10. [LJ]Concrete Jungle
11. [V]Clean Getaway
12. [V]Ivan the Not So Terrible
13. [R]Uncle Vlad

14. [R]Crime and Punishment
15. [MF]Do You Have Protection
16. [LJ]Shadow
17. [MF]Final Destination
18. [BG]Clean and Serene
19. [R]Logging On
20. [J]Liberty City Choppers
21. [BG]Angles in America
22. [MF]No Love Lost
23. [MF]Rigged to Blow
24. [J]Bad Cop Drop
25. [DR]The Master and the Molotov
26. [DR]Russian Revolution

27. [R]Roman's Sorrow
28. [BG]It's War
29. [ME]Escuela of the Streets
30. [BK]Search and Delete
31. [BK]Easy as Can Be
32. [ME]Street Sweeper
33. [BG]Action/Reaction
34. [E]Luck of the Irish
35. [BK]Out of the Closet...
36. [E]Buyer's Market
37. [E]Blow Your Cover
[BK]Out of the Closet
38. [S]Politics
39. [A]Coming Down
40. [ME]The Puerto Rican Connection
41. [E]The Snow Storm

42. [FMC]Call and Collect
43. [E]Have a Heart
44. [PMC]Harboring a Grudge
45. [BK]No. 1
46. [PMC]Waste Not Want Knots
47. [RB]A Long Way to Fall
48. [PMC]Three Leaf Clover
49. [T]I Luv LC
50. [ML]Momma's Boy
51. [T]Practice Swing(Day)
52. [DMC]Smackdown
53. [GMC]Actions Speak Louder Than Words
54. [MK]Kibbutz Number One
55. [FMC]Final Interview...
56. [T]Chinese Takeout(Night)
57. [S]Off Route
[FMC]Final Interview
58. [BG]This Sh*t's Cursed
59. [Y]Sexy Time
60. [GMC]I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle
61. [J]Hit the Pipe
62. [E]Heavy Toll
63. [FMC]Holland Nights
64. [J]End of Chapter
65. [ML]Corner Kids
66. [E]Marta Full of Grace
67. [FMC]Lure
68. [E]Shifting Weight
69. [T]Bang Bang(Day)
70. [J]Bad Standing
71. [X]Deconstruction for Beginners
72. [Y]High Dive
73. [D]Ruff Rider
74. [A]Roman's Holiday
75. [X]Photo Shoot
76. [R]Hostile Negotiation
77. [MK]This Ain't Checkers
78. [ML]Clocking Off
79. [ULP]Wrong is Right
80. [DMC]Babysitting
81. [Y]Caught With Your Pants Down
82. [ULP]Portrait of a Killer
83. [MK]No. 3
84. [D]Undress to Kill
85. [X]The Holland Play

86. [T]Frosting on the Cake(Day)
87. [RB]Diamonds in the Rough {DEACTIVATE PHONE}
88. [RB]Taking in the Trash
89. [T]Blog This!(Night)
90. [RB]Meltdown
91. [T]Boulevard Baby(Night)
92. [DMC]Tunnel of Death
93. [FMC]Blood Brothers
94. [B]Going Deep
95. [P]Undertaker
96. [RB]Museum Piece
97. [RB]Collector's Item {ACTIVATE PHONE}
98. [T]Not So Fast(Night)
99. [RB]Was It Worth It?
100. [RB]No Way on the Subway
101. [RB]Weekend at Florian's
102. [S]Get Lost

103. [BC]Hating the Haters
104. [RB]Late Checkout
105. [B]Dropping In
106. [PB]Truck Hustle
107. [JP]Pegorino's Pride
108. [JP]Payback
109. [Y] For the Man Who Has Everything
110. [GMC]I'll Take Her...
111. [BC]Union Drive
112. [BC]Buoys Ahoy
[GMC]I'll Take Her
[P]Ransom
113. [T]Ladies Night(Day)
114. [B]In the Crosshairs
115. [GMC]She's a Keeper
116. [G]Entourage
117. [GMC]Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend
118. [T]Ladies Half Price
119. [ULP]Dust Off
120. [ULP]Paper Trail
121. [RP]Party's Over
122. [PB]Catch the Wave
123. [JP]Flat Line
124. [PB]Trespass
125. [G]Dining Out
126. [PB]To Live and Die in Alderney
127. [JP]Pest Control
128. [G]Liquidize the Assets
129. [ULP]That Special Someone

130. [JP]One Last Thing
131. [JP]If the Price is Right/[DR]A Dish Served Cold
132. [R]Mr. & Mrs. Bellic
133. [T]Departure Time
134. [LJ]A Revenger's Tragedy/Out of Commission

I've also put this list down in case anyone were to find errors or have a different opinion on how it should be please let me know.

Enjoy!

wryan10
  • wryan10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:30 AM

least I can do MOB, I'll let you know if I run into anything else as I finish up her mission tree with Johnny...

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:27 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 27 November 2009 - 09:21 PM.

I'm considering changing the list around to significantly shorten the gap between "Roman's Holiday" and "Diamonds in the Rough" but it relies on Practice Swing being done after Yusuf and Mori's missions. Is this possible or does Practice Swing have to be done before these two strands??

If anybody knows please tell me.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:42 PM Edited by Versityle, 27 November 2009 - 04:59 PM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Nov 27 2009, 15:27)
I'm considering changing the list around to significantly shorten the gap between "Roman's Holiday" and "Diamonds in the Rough" but it relies on Practice swing being done after Yusuf and Mori's missions. Is this possible or does Practice Swing have to be done before these two strands??

You can safely start Sexy Time for Yusuf after Practice Swing, but remember you need to do Practice Swing to unlock Mori's missions.

And I think there's meant to be a gap anyway because when you compare Niko and Johnny's timeline in any order you do the missions, Hostile Negotiation is way before Taking in the Trash. However I do believe it's possible to do Taking in the Trash before Hostile Negotiation but that would screw everyone up. I know on my list the gap between Roman's Holiday and Diamonds in the Rough isn't as big but it's still quite large. However there is a huger gap between Coming Down and Off Route on mine so I think you're good.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:26 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 27 November 2009 - 09:22 PM.

QUOTE (Versityle @ Nov 27 2009, 16:42)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Nov 27 2009, 15:27)
I'm considering changing the list around to significantly shorten the gap between "Roman's Holiday" and "Diamonds in the Rough" but it relies on Practice swing being done after Yusuf and Mori's missions. Is this possible or does Practice Swing have to be done before these two strands??

You can safely start Sexy Time for Yusuf after Practice Swing, but remember you need to do Practice Swing to unlock Mori's missions.

And I think there's meant to be a gap anyway because when you compare Niko and Johnny's timeline in any order you do the missions, Hostile Negotiation is way before Taking in the Trash. However I do believe it's possible to do Taking in the Trash before Hostile Negotiation but that would screw everyone up. I know on my list the gap between Roman's Holiday and Diamonds in the Rough isn't as big but it's still quite large. However there is a huger gap between Coming Down and Off Route on mine so I think you're good.

Alrite I've factored in the fact that "Practice Swing" must be done before Mori's Missions.
My question now is, can "Bang Bang" be done before Mori's missions also?

TheGreyGhost
  • TheGreyGhost

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

I am about 95% sure that you can do Bang Bang (and all Tony missions up until Frosting on the Cake) before Mori's missions.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:27 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 28 November 2009 - 12:47 AM.

QUOTE (TheGreyGhost @ Nov 27 2009, 21:44)
I am about 95% sure that you can do Bang Bang (and all Tony missions up until Frosting on the Cake) before Mori's missions.

That's good enough for me. I'll post the updated list shortly.

EDIT: I've updated the list... It's not much of an imrovement but It's something.

The changes I made were:

1. Moving Yusuf Amir's missions so that they occur before Deconstruction for Beginners so that the site closes down after Niko does his thing and also so that we'll have met Yusuf before Playboy mentions him to Niko.

2. Putting Practice swing and Bang Bang before Deconstruction for Beginners also so that Niko's stunt on the site signals the end of Rocco's "Union Trouble".

3. Moved UL Paper's missions up so that they occur earlier in Niko's story. This just seems better in my view and it gives me more Niko missions to play around with in that section of the list.

I had considered also moving Derrick's missions up but I thought that they were better suited to the Alderney portion of the game. Thoughts also crossed my mind about putting his missions in after Bernie's but I felt that Derrick's missions should be done first since they are unlocked way back at Three Leaf Clover mid way through the story.

Any objections or suggestions though... don't hesitate to let me know guys.

Donmega88
  • Donmega88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

Oh, so you updated your list. Lol, that kinda ruined this playthrough for me.

Do you have a backup of your old list?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Donmega88 @ Nov 28 2009, 14:40)
Oh, so you updated your list. Lol, that kinda ruined this playthrough for me.

Do you have a backup of your old list?

Yeah man. Sorry about that.. I'll PM it to you

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Nov 27 2009, 18:27)
3. Moved UL Paper's missions up so that they occur earlier in Niko's story. This just seems better in my view and it gives me more Niko missions to play around with in that section of the list.

I think (mission tree) Photo Shoot is a prerequisite to Wrong is Right, so the UL Paper strand can't start quite that early.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Nov 28 2009, 22:36)

I think (mission tree) Photo Shoot is a prerequisite to Wrong is Right, so the UL Paper strand can't start quite that early.

Yeah, Magic Al's right, someone else here mentioned that if anyone were to create a list that Photo Shoot would have to be done just after Roman's Holiday because since we have to do Have a Heart so early on to unlock Packie thus unlocking Three Leaf Clover, Photo Shoot is the only mission left to unlock both Hostile Negotiation and Wrong is Right.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:09 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 29 November 2009 - 01:12 AM.

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Nov 28 2009, 22:36)

Oh sh*t yeah I totally forgot about that. I'll try and sort that out now

EDIT: I've changed the list around and put it in the only order that allows Yusuf's Missions, Practice Swing and Bang Bang to be done before Deconstruction For Beginners without having any consecutive missions from the same DLC. And also make a couple of other small changes.

I'm gonna start playing through the list myself soon and while I'm doing it I'll be taking some specific gameplay notes that will help to make the experience of playing the three stories as real as possible such as when to knock off your phone in order to avoid phone calls etc. like Versityle has above.
(good idea by the way icon14.gif )

I think over all though (assuming that there are no problems with the way the list currently stands) that the story plays out quite well even taking into account Rockstar's major f*ck ups.

wryan10
  • wryan10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:33 AM

Hey MOB,

I'm going to start a new playthrough soon with all the changes. I was thinking, and this might be a little too much, but how about adding day and night where it applies on every mission? For instance, some of Vlad's missions seem to take place when the bar is open and some when it's closed or atleast almost empty. Some refer to it being day in the cutscenes, like the jacob mission where he's waking up and saying he had a long night. Going to the cabaret club for the mission where dimitri walks around talking to everybody during the show makes no sense if you go before 21:00 when the club actually opens. It's a small detail, and might be a pain in the ass to keep track of, but I really think it goes a long way towards immersing you in the story as you're playing you know?(night would be anytime after 21:00 like in bogt...i noticed most of the nightlife opens up then ,even in vanilla)

...just a thought...

i plan on starting your playthrough once more and trying versityle's after that

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:58 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 29 November 2009 - 02:02 AM.

QUOTE (wryan10 @ Nov 29 2009, 01:33)
Hey MOB,

I'm going to start a new playthrough soon with all the changes.  I was thinking, and this might be a little too much, but how about adding day and night where it applies on every mission?  For instance, some of Vlad's missions seem to take place when the bar is open and some when it's closed or atleast almost empty.  Some refer to it being day in the cutscenes, like the jacob mission where he's waking up and saying he had a long night.  Going to the cabaret club for the mission where dimitri walks around talking to everybody during the show makes no sense if you go before 21:00 when the club actually opens.  It's a small detail, and might be a pain in the ass to keep track of, but I really think it goes a long way towards immersing you in the story as you're playing you know?(night would be anytime after 21:00 like in bogt...i noticed most of the nightlife opens up then ,even in vanilla)

...just a thought...

Comrades and the Cabaret club are open all day. But regardless, I think it might be worth it even if it is a bit anal. As I said above I do plan on taking alot of notes when I play through the list and this will include things like time of day for missions that makes the most sense. It will be a drawn out process though so I want to get a list done that people can easily play by before I launch into anything that detailed.

The idea of the list is just to give people an idea of the chronology of the games. It does require a bit of patience and imagination seeing as there is a lot of switching back and forth between games required in order to get the complete picture of when things in one story happen relative to things in another and so forth.

After my playthrough of the list as it is now I'm gonna have a go at breaking it down into chapters that allow the games to be played in integrated sections that 1. have alot less switching between games and 2. take into account the timeline of the Trinity and give people an idea of what Luis and Johnny were doing when Niko was off doing something else.

wryan10
  • wryan10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

cool, it was definately something that if you didn't feel like doing it i wouldn't have held it against ya. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the next playthrough....

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:39 AM

I gotta ask M.O.B, would you consider adding Stubb's side mission to your list for TLAD? After all we have a link to the main story with the infurnus and can roughly judge how long Johnny finishes those missions by the Phone Call Easter Egg where Bernie hands the car over to Niko.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 29 2009, 02:39)
I gotta ask M.O.B, would you consider adding Stubb's side mission to your list for TLAD? After all we have a link to the main story with the infurnus and can roughly judge how long Johnny finishes those missions by the Phone Call Easter Egg where Bernie hands the car over to Niko.

The problem with that is you can wait until almost any time in the story to call Stubbs, and after you get the number, you can just call->save->call and repeat until you get the 2 Niko calls. There are no set timings for these.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Nov 29 2009, 12:50)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 29 2009, 02:39)

The problem with that is you can wait until almost any time in the story to call Stubbs, and after you get the number, you can just call->save->call and repeat until you get the 2 Niko calls. There are no set timings for these.

Thats true but I think Between Roman's Holiday and Diamonds in the Rough would be a good time to do Stubbs' Side Missions since there isn't much happening for Johnny then. I don't really want to dictate too much though... Side missions are probably best left up to the player.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (wryan10 @ Nov 29 2009, 01:33)
Hey MOB,

I'm going to start a new playthrough soon with all the changes.  I was thinking, and this might be a little too much, but how about adding day and night where it applies on every mission?  For instance, some of Vlad's missions seem to take place when the bar is open and some when it's closed or atleast almost empty.  Some refer to it being day in the cutscenes, like the jacob mission where he's waking up and saying he had a long night.  Going to the cabaret club for the mission where dimitri walks around talking to everybody during the show makes no sense if you go before 21:00 when the club actually opens.  It's a small detail, and might be a pain in the ass to keep track of, but I really think it goes a long way towards immersing you in the story as you're playing you know?(night would be anytime after 21:00 like in bogt...i noticed most of the nightlife opens up then ,even in vanilla)

...just a thought...

Yeah man, that would be cool, I always try to play missions on a more believable time... the only problem is that the game clock moves much faster than real time so say you're doing a Ballad mission at night and by the time you finish it might be sunrise. Depending on the mission it might ruin the whole "realism vibe".

But I like the idea for sure, I made a thread about a while ago you can see here if you'd like.
http://www.gtaforums...31&hl=Versityle

EDIT: Hey MOB, if you'd like I can maybe work up a list of when I think timings suit best because I know you say you're busy a lot and I don't mind the challenge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users