The Possible Trinity..

661 replies to this topic
Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (FearTheLiving @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 04:46)
One thing that doesn't make sense is Eugene Reaper is in Wrong is Right, but you have it after Three Leaf Clover (he dies there) unless you are treating him as a Random NPC skin.

I didnt know who Eugene Reaper was so I had to google it. tounge.gif Good call, your observation skills are impressive. tounge2.gif

I would like to thank Money over Bullsh*t for creating this thread and all others who helped. icon14.gif I attempted to follow your list about 2 years ago but never committed. But with just over 2 weeks until GTA V I guess this is my last chance. So ya thanks errybody! smile.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

The guy in the Wrong is Right isn't Eugene, who was just present in that one mission - Three Leaf Clover. His model was resembling typical business-type pedestrian, so he was a bit updated in TBoGT. Guy who was showed in Wrong is Right is just typical unimportant pedestrian.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 16:45)
The guy in the Wrong is Right isn't Eugene, who was just present in that one mission - Three Leaf Clover. His model was resembling typical business-type pedestrian, so he was a bit updated in TBoGT. Guy who was showed in Wrong is Right is just typical unimportant pedestrian.

Yeah I got that feeling when they changed his model in BoGT wiki needs to be updated though.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

That's what you get for trusting Wikia, which is unfortunately full of false assumptions or mistakes.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 17:01)
That's what you get for trusting Wikia, which is unfortunately full of false assumptions or mistakes.

I never said I trusted them actually saw that they shared the same skin in both missions before but wasn't sure if it was confirmed or not to be the same person kind of like Carmen and Pathos in one of Elizabeta's missions.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:06 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 02 September 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Ok so I played through half of the game to figure out how many missions can actually be done before Mallorie calls you regarding Elizabeta "doing a bid". I managed to get to Final Interview and the call came through while I was waiting for my interview with Goldberg (after Final Interview Part 1) admittedly I did rush through the missions taking cabs everywhere and skipping the journeys etc. this is the furthest I got since I had two saves and in the first one she called me when I was outside the police station on my way in to see Francis before the first part of the mission so 5 missions after Have a Heart seems to be the limit. I'm pretty confident that you can make it at least as far as Three Leaf Clover before the call comes in (especially if she doesn't call you about Michelle before Packie calls you offering some work) the problem is this is still way too early.

There is a simple solution but it does involve a bit of imagination (and a little bit of a cheat). Basically after Three Leaf Clover you wait for Ray Boccino, Gerry McReary and then Packie to call you then you put your phone on sleep mode and leave it like that until you get to Final Interview. After you have sent Niko's resume to Goldberg the firm will call you to schedule an interview after this buy a nice suit (or change into the one from Three Leaf Clover) and just sleep until your interview. If it were real life I'm thinking that after pulling a huge bank heist Niko would turn his phone off for a few days anyway considering that he's being watched by the government and by the LCPD so it's not too much of an immersion breaker to put your phone to sleep. As it stands you would need to put your phone back on sleep mode after Final Interview and keep it that way for quite some time but I'm gonna try and reorder the list a bit so that Johnny does all of Liz's missions in quick sucession.

With that being said though as I was playing I also remembered something that totally negates Mallorie's call. The in game news states that Liz gets convicted around about the same time as Diamonds are a Girl's best friend so Mallorie saying she's doing a bid is totally false since she can't be. She could be imprisoned awaiting trial but that wouldn't really qualify as "doing a bid". This kind of seems like me taking the easy way out though.. which I don't want to do. Which is why I'm gonna keep working to get the list a bit tighter.

EDIT: Ok so basically what I've done is shifted all of Niko's missions after Final Interview down past Shifting Weight and broken Johnny's missions up with Luis's instead. It seems to be the only way to do it without having to play exclusively as Johnny for an extended period of time. I also spaced out Niko's missions for the McRearys with a few of Luis's missions so that you switch back to Luis between brothers (except for one mission for Ray which needs to be done before Babysitting will show up). While we're on the subject of phonecalls I also noticed how hard it is to get home after completing Politics with Johnny without Ashley calling you to start Coming Down so I've put them one after another and made Out of the Closet a one parter instead of a two parter since there's nothing significant (apart from Manny reappering on your radar) that dictates the two parts should really be separated.

While I'm making changes how would people feel if I were to move Brucie's first two missions up several places to have them after Rigged to Blow? For seem reason it made more sense before to hold off on them (I think it was a spacing issue from before TBOGT was released) but now it makes just as much if not more sense to have them be played when they become available.

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 17:06)
While I'm making changes how would people feel if I were to move Brucie's first two missions up several places to have them after Rigged to Blow? For seem reason it made more sense before to hold off on them (I think it was a spacing issue from before TBOGT was released) but now it makes just as much if not more sense to have them be played when they become available.

I agree with that, it makes more sense for Niko to start working for Brucie while he and Roman still live in Hove Beach, not Bohan. Thats how I played it atleast. tounge.gif

Try not to change the list too much as im about 1/3 done. wink.gif

Once again, great job boys. icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (DestructoBoi420_2.0 @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 04:37)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 17:06)

I agree with that, it makes more sense for Niko to start working for Brucie while he and Roman still live in Hove Beach, not Bohan. Thats how I played it atleast. tounge.gif

Try not to change the list too much as im about 1/3 done. wink.gif

Once again, great job boys. icon14.gif

Yeah I sort of agree however I remembered the reason why I put them so far up the list and that was so that there isn't a huge space of time between Jason getting killed by Niko (in No Love Lost) and Billy telling the rest of The Lost about it (It's War). I think a good placement for the first two of Brucie's missions would be just after Niko and Roman arrive in Bohan. The reason for this is that their situation at that point fits in perfectly with Niko's dialogue in the cutscene for Search and Delete where Niko tells Brucie him and Roman "need some money real bad", Niko also seems kind of agitated in the scene which makes sense after what he's been through. After this mission chances are you will end up in or near Bohan so it sets you up perfectly to start Escuela of The Streets (since Mallorie tells Niko to come and meet her at the community centre "later on" in the ending cutscene for Roman's Sorrow). I don't really see any need to move his other two missions so they can stay where they are. It actually makes more sense narrative wise to have Out of The Closet after Blow Your Cover anyway since Roman is in great spirits in the cutscene and after Blow Your Cover he calls you to tell you that the insurance money from the cab depot came through so that would give him a reason to be be jovial.

With that said I'm thinking that this should be the new order between Roman's Sorrow and The Puerto Rican Connection:

[R] Roman's Sorrow
[BG] It's War
[BK] Search and Delete
[ME] Escuela of the Streets
[BK] Easy As Can Be
[ME] Street Sweeper
[BG] Action/Reaction
[E] Luck of the Irish
[E] Buyer's Market [+]
[E] Blow Your Cover [-]
[S] Politics
[A] Coming Down
[BK] Out of the Closet
[BK] No. 1
[ME] The Puerto Rican Connection

Efrain
  • Efrain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

It's very hard to finish 6th chapter.It takes much time of me and still i didn't complete and struggling to complete it.Can anyone here guide me that how to complete it easily.I will be very thankful to you.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:00 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 06 September 2013 - 12:01 PM.

It's very hard to finish 6th chapter.It takes much time of me and still i didn't complete and struggling to complete it.Can anyone here guide me that how to complete it easily.I will be very thankful to you.

Are you talking about Chapter 6 of this list?

http://gtaforums.com...entry1059943870

What kind of trouble are you having? Maybe I can help.

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Hey M.O.B just a heads up, BoGT missions are no longer pink in your list on the first page.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

2qn39cn.png
Logo made by Narcis_speed6

In this topic I will attempt to create a comprehensive list that can be used to play GTA IV and The Episodes From Liberty City together in chronological order as if it were one big complete story (as it is intended to be). The list Will Not be 100% set in stone as this is impossible due to the vast amount of choice available to the player. The purpose is just to give people a general idea of when things occur in one story relative to another.

I first got the idea for this topic when I seen a similar one in the TLAD section which was created by Mafioso86. I then took his Idea and expanded on it and through the research of myself and others I was able to take the original list and change it around so it would represent a logical and accurate way to play the three stories in unision. Below is the list I eventually came up with. Please note that the list is best used on the second playthrough of The Episodes as not only will the list itself make more sense but so too will the whole story of the three episodes together. And it might seem a little obvious but a copy of GTA IV and Episodes From Liberty City on disc or your Hard Drive is needed for this list to work. I also recommend turning autosave on.

Just to make it easier to understand I have put in several indicators that symbolise different aspects of the story such as Crossovers, different coloured text for the three different games and the initials of the mission giver before each mission etc.

The colours I will use are: White for Niko's Missions, Red for Johnny's missions and Pink for Luis's Missions.

The Initials for each mission giver that will be used are:

R - Roman •M - Michelle •LJ - Little Jacob •BG - Billy Grey •V - Vlad •MF - Mikhail Faustin •J - Jim

DR - Dimitri Raskolov •BK - Brucie Kibbutz •ME - Manny Escuela •E - Elizabeta Torres •S - Stubbs

A - Ashley •FMC - Francis McReary •ULP - United Liberty Paper •X - Playboy X •D - Dwayne Forge

ML - Mrs. Lopez (House) •PMC - Packie McReary •GT - Gay Tony [H = House (Day), C = Club (Night)]

RB - Ray Boccino •GMC - Gerry McReary •MK - Mori Kibbutz •YA - Yusuf Amir •DMC - Derrick McReary

BC - Bernie Crane •B - Bulgarin •RP - Rocco Pelosi •PB - Phil Bell •JP - Jimmy Pegorino •G - John Gravelli

To indicate a crossover mission I've put [+] and [-] symbols beside crossovers to indicate the start and end of a crossover with the mission that "starts" first coming before its counterpart on the list (e.g. Johnny gets to Liz's house before Niko for the heroin deal so I've put "Buyer's Market" before "Blow Your Cover" even though the main part of the mission happens at the same time in both stories). Missions with 3 parts e.g The Impossible Trinity will have a [=] symbol beside the middle mission as an indicator.

And as if that wasn't enough, for GTA IV I've also put the Deal missions in Green and the Revenge missions in Yellow just to make it even easier to understand.

So with all of that out of the way.. Here is the List:

[R] The Cousins Bellic
[R] It's Your Call
[R] Three's a Crowd
[R] Bleed Out
[M] First Date
[R] Easy Fare
[R] Jamaican Heat
[LJ] Concrete Jungle
[V] Bull In a China Shop
[V] Hung Out to Dry
[V] Clean Getaway
[V] Ivan the Not So Terrible
[R] Uncle Vlad
[R] Crime and Punishment
[MF] Do You Have Protection?
[LJ] Shadow
[BG] Clean and Serene
[MF] Final Destination
[BG] Angels In America[+]
[MF] No Love Lost [=]
[R] Logging On
[MF] Rigged to Blow
[J] Liberty City Choppers
[DR] The Master and the Molotov
[J] Bad Cop Drop
[DR] Russian Revolution
[R] Roman's Sorrow
[BG] It's War[-]
[ME] Street Sweeper
[BG] Action/Reaction
[E] Luck of the Irish
[E] Buyer's Market[+]
[E] Blow Your Cover [-]
[BK] Search and Delete
[BK] Easy As Can Be
[S] Politics
[A] Coming Down
[BK] Out of the Closet
[BK] No. 1
[E] The Snow Storm
[FMC] Call and Collect
[S] Off Route
[E] Have a Heart
[PMC] Harboring a Grudge
[PMC] Waste Not Want Knots
[PMC] Three Leaf Clover [+]
[GT] I Luv LC[-]
[DMC] Smackdown
[FMC] Final Interview Part 1
[GT] Chinese Takeout[C] [+]
[FMC] Final Interview Part 2
[BG] This sh*t's Cursed[-]
[ML] Momma's Boy
[J] Hit the Pipe
[ML] Corner Kids
[E] Heavy Toll
[ML] Clocking Off
[E] Marta Full Of Grace
[YA] Sexy Time
[E] Shifting Weight
[FMC] Holland Nights
[FMC] Lure
[YA] High Dive
[GMC] Actions Speak Louder than Words
[GMC] I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle
[RB] A Long Way to Fall
[YA] Caught With Your Pants Down
[DMC] Babysitting
[DMC] Tunnel of Death
[FMC] Blood Brothers
[GT] Practice Swing[H]
[PMC] Undertaker
[J] End of Chapter
[GT] Bang Bang[H]
[X] Deconstruction for Beginners
[J] Bad Standing
[MK] Kibbutz Number One
[D] Ruff Rider
[MK] This Aint Checkers
[A] Roman's Holiday[+]
[X] Photo Shoot
[D] Undress to Kill
[MK] No. 3
[R] Hostile Negotiation [-]
[X/D] The Holland Play
[GT] Blog This![C]
[ULP] Wrong Is Right
[ULP] Portrait of a Killer
[GT] Frosting On The Cake[H] [+]
[RB] Diamonds In the Rough[=]
[RB] Taking In the Trash [-]
[GT] Boulevard Baby[C]
[RB] Meltdown
[GT] ...Blog This!
[GMC] I'll Take Her
[RB] Museum Piece [+]
[RB] Collector's Item[=]
[GT] Not So Fast[-]
[RB] Was It Worth It?[+]
[RB] No Way on the Subway [-]
[RB] Late Checkout
[PMC] Ransom
[RB] Weekend at Florian's
[S] Get Lost
[GT] Ladies' Night[+]
[GMC] She's A Keeper [-]
[ULP] Dust Off
[ULP] Paper Trail
[B] Going Deep
[BC] Hating the Haters
[BC] Union Drive
[BC] Buoy's Ahoy
[B] Dropping In
[PB] Truck Hustle
[JP] Pegorino's Pride
[JP] Payback
[YA] For The Man Who Has Everything
[PB] Catch the Wave
[PB] Trespass
[B] In The Crosshairs
[PB] To Live and Die In Alderney
[GMC] Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend [+]
[GT] Ladies Half Price[-]
[G] Entourage
[G] Dining Out
[G] Liquidize the Assets
[JP] Flatline
[JP] Pest Control
[ULP] That Special Someone
[JP] One Last Thing
[DR] If the Price Is Right/ A Dish Served Cold
[R] Mr. & Mrs. Bellic
[RP] Party's Over
[LJ] A Revenger's Tragedy/ Out of Commission
[GT] Departure Time

Anybody who wishes to see how this list came about or see the explanations behind the placing of TLAD missions can view Mafioso86's original topic here. (My list is in this post here). Anybody looking for more information on how the three stories connect with each other can do so in this topic.

* Although the list above shows the "true" way to play the three stories simultaneously, it may be quite frustrating to play through for those using the Episodes From Liberty City disc in conjunction with the original GTA IV disc. If you are one of those people - CLICK HERE for an alternative chapter based list that groups missions from each game together (where possible) in order to drasticly cut down on the amount of disc swapping.

For a detailed mission tree made by Magic Al Click Here.

Alternatively if you wish to play the missions from EFLC Only (i.e. without the IV missions) then check out This List posted by The Lolwut Pear

Special Thanks To: Versityle, Magic_Al and everybody else who has helped me with this list along the way (you know who you are).

If you find this topic helpful then be sure to hit that Respect Button --->

So this is the way to play? Where are the missions with Gay Tony?

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

So this is the way to play? Where are the missions with Gay Tony?

They're there, looks like the new forum layout just messed with the colors.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:27 PM Edited by FearTheLiving, 09 September 2013 - 05:58 AM.

[R] The Cousins Bellic

[R] It's Your Call
[R] Three's a Crowd
[R] Bleed Out
[M] First Date
[R] Easy Fare
[R] Jamaican Heat
[LJ] Concrete Jungle
[V] Bull In a China Shop
[V] Hung Out to Dry
[V] Clean Getaway
[V] Ivan the Not So Terrible
[R] Uncle Vlad
[R] Crime and Punishment
[MF] Do You Have Protection?
[LJ] Shadow
[BG] Clean and Serene
[MF] Final Destination
[BG] Angels In America[+]
[MF] No Love Lost [=]
[R] Logging On
[MF] Rigged to Blow
[J] Liberty City Choppers
[DR] The Master and the Molotov
[J] Bad Cop Drop
[DR] Russian Revolution
[R] Roman's Sorrow
[BG] It's War[-]
[ME] Street Sweeper
[BG] Action/Reaction
[E] Luck of the Irish
[E] Buyer's Market[+]
[E] Blow Your Cover [-]
[BK] Search and Delete
[BK] Easy As Can Be
[S] Politics
[A] Coming Down
[BK] Out of the Closet
[BK] No. 1
[E] The Snow Storm
[FMC] Call and Collect
[S] Off Route
[E] Have a Heart
[PMC] Harboring a Grudge
[PMC] Waste Not Want Knots
[PMC] Three Leaf Clover [+]
[GT] I Luv LC[-]
[DMC] Smackdown
[FMC] Final Interview Part 1
[GT] Chinese Takeout[C] [+]
[FMC] Final Interview Part 2
[BG] This sh*t's Cursed[-]
[ML] Momma's Boy
[J] Hit the Pipe
[ML] Corner Kids
[E] Heavy Toll
[ML] Clocking Off
[E] Marta Full Of Grace
[YA] Sexy Time
[E] Shifting Weight
[FMC] Holland Nights
[FMC] Lure
[YA] High Dive
[GMC] Actions Speak Louder than Words
[GMC] I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle
[RB] A Long Way to Fall
[YA] Caught With Your Pants Down
[DMC] Babysitting
[DMC] Tunnel of Death
[FMC] Blood Brothers
[GT] Practice Swing
[PMC] Undertaker
[J] End of Chapter
[GT] Bang Bang[H]
[X] Deconstruction for Beginners
[J] Bad Standing
[MK] Kibbutz Number One
[D] Ruff Rider
[MK] This Aint Checkers
[A] Roman's Holiday[+]
[X] Photo Shoot
[D] Undress to Kill
[MK] No. 3
[R] Hostile Negotiation [-]
[X/D] The Holland Play
[GT] Blog This![C]
[ULP] Wrong Is Right
[ULP] Portrait of a Killer
[GT] Frosting On The Cake[H] [+]
[RB] Diamonds In the Rough[=]
[GT] Boulevard Baby[C]
[RB] Meltdown
[GT] ...Blog This!
[GMC] I'll Take Her
[RB] Museum Piece [+]
[RB] Collector's Item[=]
[GT] Not So Fast[-]
[RB] Was It Worth It?[+]
[RB] No Way on the Subway [-]
[RB] Late Checkout
[PMC] Ransom
[RB] Weekend at Florian's
[S] Get Lost
[GT] Ladies' Night[+]
[GMC] She's A Keeper [-]
[ULP] Dust Off
[ULP] Paper Trail
[B] Going Deep
[BC] Hating the Haters
[BC] Union Drive
[BC] Buoy's Ahoy
[B] Dropping In
[PB] Truck Hustle
[JP] Pegorino's Pride
[JP] Payback
[YA] For The Man Who Has Everything
[PB] Catch the Wave
[PB] Trespass
[B] In The Crosshairs
[PB] To Live and Die In Alderney
[GMC] Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend [+]
[GT] Ladies Half Price[-]
[G] Entourage
[G] Dining Out
[G] Liquidize the Assets
[JP] Flatline
[JP] Pest Control
[ULP] That Special Someone
[JP] One Last Thing
[DR] If the Price Is Right/ A Dish Served Cold
[R] Mr. & Mrs. Bellic
[RP] Party's Over
[LJ] A Revenger's Tragedy/ Out of Commission
[GT] Departure Time

There you go all the BOGT missions are marked there.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Rockstar regularly make retcons/f*ck ups so if we don't make up excuses for them then A) This list cannot work and B) We would need to take them down off the pedistal we've put them on over the years. The thing is we're fans so we're willing to make excuses for their mistakes because not only does it preserve their image but it's actually more fun. When TBOGT came out I knew Rockstar had ruined the future of this topic but I and many others decided to keep the faith and persevere with making this topic what it is together.. if you can't row in with that then that's cool.. now need to get involved, just play the game how you want but we'll just be over here keeping the dream alive.

Hey man I appreciate your efforts. Thanks, Is the list as updated as possible? I have not started playing yet. Hopefully they will not make confusing DLC for GTA V.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ok the list has been fixed now and some minor changes have been made. Thanks for the heads up although there was no need to quote the entire opening post.

xyron34
  • xyron34

Urban Viking

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

Just want to say thanks a lot for this list, I'm doing one last playthrough before GTA V comes out and loving the chronological approach to the three storylines. Kinda giving me a feel for how the new game will work with three protagonists but having to load each separate DLC is a pain, V is going to be a breath of fresh air!

Anyway, thanks again for this! =]

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

Just want to say thanks a lot for this list, I'm doing one last playthrough before GTA V comes out and loving the chronological approach to the three storylines. Kinda giving me a feel for how the new game will work with three protagonists but having to load each separate DLC is a pain, V is going to be a breath of fresh air!

Anyway, thanks again for this! =]

No problem man despite the little setbacks along the way I really enjoyed it. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 11 September 2013 - 09:30 PM.

Hey M.O.B, I think i've found a flaw in the list.

I'm not 100% sure because I don't own the strategy guide and the Wiki isn't reliable. But i'm pretty sure the TLAD mission "Roman's Holiday" takes place after "Diamonds in the Rough" because I've just completed "Bad Standing" and immediatly after Ashley calls and says to meet her at Ray's, thus unlocking "Diamonds in the Rough".

I've already completed Playboy's missions so Mallorie is constantly calling me to trigger "Hostile Negotiation" but I just ignore it because I haven't played "Roman's Holiday" yet. Thank the gods of R* for letting us ignore Mallorie's calls :lol:

So unless i'm wrong and GTA IV is just screwing me around. These missions have to be done before "Roman's Holiday".

[GT] Blog This! [C] (Unlocks "Frosting on the Cake")

[GT] Frosting On The Cake [H] [+]

[RB] Diamonds In the Rough [=]

Now instead of rearranging the above missions to take place before "Photo Shoot", you should put them after "The Holland Play" so it doesn't stretch out Ray's missions with the Playboy/Dwayne arc. Just ignore Mallorie or put your phone on sleep to avoid "Hostile Negotiation".

GTA V comes out in less than a week so I don't blame you if you just say f*ck it. :pp

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:23 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 13 September 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Hey M.O.B, I think i've found a flaw in the list.

I'm not 100% sure because I don't own the strategy guide and the Wiki isn't reliable. But i'm pretty sure the TLAD mission "Roman's Holiday" takes place after "Diamonds in the Rough" because I've just completed "Bad Standing" and immediatly after Ashley calls and says to meet her at Ray's. I thought if I waited then eventually "Roman's Holiday" would appear too but then I realised that if Ashley is at Ray's then she can't be at her place with Dimitri's men at the same time.

Now i've already completed Playboy's missions so Mallorie is constantly calling me to trigger "Hostile Negotiation" but I just ignore it because I haven't kidnapped Roman as Johnny yet. And to do so I have to complete the Diamond deal/Trash bags crossover first. So thank the gods of R* for letting us ignore Mallorie's calls :lol:

So these are the missions that have to take place before "Photo Shoot", although to add more immersion it would be better to put them before "Deconstruction for Beginners" so it doesn't seperate the Playboy/Dwayne arc too much.

[GT] Blog This! [C] (Unlocks "Frosting on the Cake")

[GT] Frosting On The Cake [H] [+]

[RB] Diamonds In the Rough [=]

From what I remember Roman's Holiday and Diamonds in the Rough both become available at the same time and Ashley being in two places at one time is actually a flaw in the game. Magic Al's mission tree confirms this i.e. they both have the same prerequisites. I remember it was discussed before and some people suggested that it was because a mission was removed in between those two missions. I would suggest cancelling Ashley's call and waiting for her text message it should come in soon enough. Alternatively you can let the call come through and she should text you on your way over there effectively telling you to meet her at her house instead. She seems to hang around Ray a lot so her being at Druscilla's on two seperate occasions is nothing strange.

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 12 September 2013 - 01:09 PM.

You sir, are a legend!, Cheers  :^:

Like I said I wasn't 100% sure, but here I thought I was helping the thread. :p

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

You sir, are a legend!, Cheers  :^:

Like I said I wasn't 100% sure, but here I thought I was helping the thread. :p

Thanks man, let me know how the rest of the story goes.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Ok the list has been fixed now and some minor changes have been made. Thanks for the heads up although there was no need to quote the entire opening post.

yes yes yes, so far me and my girl are loving the story and nothing has been confusing yet. Since you are the GTA 4 story expert, what is your opinion on this??

1. Angels in America, No Love Lost and It's War all take place in that chronological order, when Jason Michaels is killed. In addition, It's War takes place around the same time or shortly after Roman's Sorrow, according to internet news.
  2. Blow Your Cover and Buyer's Market are one event.
  3. Three Leaf Clover and I Luv LC take place on the same day, when a bank is robbed.
  4. This sh*t's Cursed takes place very shortly after Chinese Takeout, as during the latter Billy Grey arranges the Triad ambush on Johnny.
  5. Tom Goldberg is killed before Hit the Pipe, according to internet news.
  6. Roman's Holiday takes place very shortly before Hostile Negotiation; Roman Bellic is kidnapped, and is then saved by his cousin.
  7. Frosting On The Cake and Diamonds in the Rough are one event, and both right before Taking in the Trash.
  8. It's hinted during Not So Fast (when Gracie doesn't call Tony back) that I'll Take Her occurs in between Frosting On The Cake / Diamonds in the Rough (same event) and the diamond deal mentioned below. It also places the kidnapping shortly after Taking in the Trash from Niko's perspective.
  9. Museum Piece, Collector's Item and Not So Fast, the infamous diamond deal, and are all one event.
  10. No Way on the Subway takes place during Was It Worth It?, when Jim Fitzgerald is killed.
  11. Ladies' Night happens in between Ransom (because Tony is forwarded the photo) and She's a Keeper (because Gracie is at the original hideout).
  12. Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend and Ladies Half Price are one event.
  13. Dimitri Rascalov is killed before Departure Time.

Does this look pretty accurate to you? I got it from

http://gta.wikia.com...iverse_Timeline

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

yes yes yes, so far me and my girl are loving the story and nothing has been confusing yet. Since you are the GTA 4 story expert, what is your opinion on this??

1. Angels in America, No Love Lost and It's War all take place in that chronological order, when Jason Michaels is killed. In addition, It's War takes place around the same time or shortly after Roman's Sorrow, according to internet news.
  2. Blow Your Cover and Buyer's Market are one event.
  3. Three Leaf Clover and I Luv LC take place on the same day, when a bank is robbed.
  4. This sh*t's Cursed takes place very shortly after Chinese Takeout, as during the latter Billy Grey arranges the Triad ambush on Johnny.
  5. Tom Goldberg is killed before Hit the Pipe, according to internet news.
  6. Roman's Holiday takes place very shortly before Hostile Negotiation; Roman Bellic is kidnapped, and is then saved by his cousin.
  7. Frosting On The Cake and Diamonds in the Rough are one event, and both right before Taking in the Trash.
  8. It's hinted during Not So Fast (when Gracie doesn't call Tony back) that I'll Take Her occurs in between Frosting On The Cake / Diamonds in the Rough (same event) and the diamond deal mentioned below. It also places the kidnapping shortly after Taking in the Trash from Niko's perspective.
  9. Museum Piece, Collector's Item and Not So Fast, the infamous diamond deal, and are all one event.
  10. No Way on the Subway takes place during Was It Worth It?, when Jim Fitzgerald is killed.
  11. Ladies' Night happens in between Ransom (because Tony is forwarded the photo) and She's a Keeper (because Gracie is at the original hideout).
  12. Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend and Ladies Half Price are one event.
  13. Dimitri Rascalov is killed before Departure Time.

Does this look pretty accurate to you? I got it from

http://gta.wikia.com...iverse_Timeline

All Correct except Tom Goldberg is killed in between Chinese Takeout and This sh*t's cursed (not before Hit The Pipe which must come after TSC). My guess is that Chinese Takeout happens the night before the interview portion of Final Interview and This sh*t's Cursed happens later that same evening i.e. Niko goes to see Francis who tells him to apply for a job at the law firm, he then gets a callback a couple of hours later asking him to come in for an interview the following day, that evening Tony and Luis go to the Dragon Heart Plaza (where they walk in on Billy discussing the set up of Johnny) and all hell breaks loose. The following day Niko goes to his interview at Goldberg Ligner and Shyster and kills Tom Goldberg, a few hours later The Lost go to the Dragon Heart Plaza to give the Triads back their heroin by the the time Johnny returns home the news of Goldberg's murder is all over the internet. This is all purely speculation of course, however the sequence of those missions are pretty solid.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Currently replaying Lost and Damned and I can confirm that news report of Tom Goldberg being killed does appear before the mission "Hit the Pipes" ... However , it should be noted that the news info does not appear immediately on the web after the mission "This S's Cursed" , unlike Angus' email regarding Johnny's president title that comes immediately after the mission's completion ; I had to skip time by sleeping on the clubhouse bed a couple of times before the news are updated on the web.

This gives the impression for players who checks out the internet news right after "This S's Cursed" that Final Interview only takes place after "Hit the Pipe", as by that time the news would have surfaced on the web , including news report dealing with "This S's Cursed".

This has to be one of the very rare cases where news report don't immediately surface after a mission's completion.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Currently replaying Lost and Damned and I can confirm that news report of Tom Goldberg being killed does appear before the mission "Hit the Pipes" ... However , it should be noted that the news info does not appear immediately on the web after the mission "This S's Cursed" , unlike Angus' email regarding Johnny's president title that comes immediately after the mission's completion ; I had to skip time by sleeping on the clubhouse bed a couple of times before the news are updated on the web.

This gives the impression for players who checks out the internet news right after "This S's Cursed" that Final Interview only takes place after "Hit the Pipe", as by that time the news would have surfaced on the web , including news report dealing with "This S's Cursed".

This has to be one of the very rare cases where news report don't immediately surface after a mission's completion.

Thanks for that information. I know other news stories in the game are triggered by certain phonecalls or text messages etc. (themselves triggered by missions) so perhaps that one is the same. There is sort of a double confirmation of the two missions happening one after the other though since in GTA IV a news story about a bar room shootout between triads and a biker gang appears on the news after completion of Final Interview (not too sure on wether it's directly afterwards or not though).

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

I know it's never going to happen, but looking back and thinking about it, wouldn't it be amazing if Rockstar went back and re-did the IV trilogy like they did with GTA V? I mean, it would be hard to pull off since the characters don't really work/associate with each other, but hell it would be amazing.

zman89
  • zman89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

no

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

I know it's never going to happen, but looking back and thinking about it, wouldn't it be amazing if Rockstar went back and re-did the IV trilogy like they did with GTA V? I mean, it would be hard to pull off since the characters don't really work/associate with each other, but hell it would be amazing.

Wasn't there a mod that replicated the GTA V character switching in IV? Or maybe that was just for one video..

Either way I think the three characters that made up the IV Trinity were either a hint or a progression (or both) towards what we got in V. I actually think the way IV was done was better than V, which was far too messy and confusing imo... although it did turn out to be a good story in the end.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by Magic_Al, 08 November 2013 - 04:08 AM.

Wasn't there a mod that replicated the GTA V character switching in IV? Or maybe that was just for one video..

Either way I think the three characters that made up the IV Trinity were either a hint or a progression (or both) towards what we got in V. I actually think the way IV was done was better than V, which was far too messy and confusing imo... although it did turn out to be a good story in the end.

Of course V was designed to let you play co-op with yourself and switch characters during missions that were scripted for that, and IV wouldn't be that way unless they changed the story and missions.  Rockstar has yet to ever go back and seriously update or remake an old game, but it's easy to imagine a version of IV/EFLC that let you switch characters only between missions, the same way we do it "manually" by switching between saves while following The Possible Trinity list. It would unlock missions in chronological order and force you to switch characters when a character ran out of unlocked missions. The cheap way to deal with the crossover missions is that you only get one character's version of it per playthrough, depending which character starts it.

Even a version with only off-mission switching would be an expensive update to do properly, since it should have all those random character-life vignettes when you switch and those would have to be created.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users