Photo

The Possible Trinity..

635 replies to this topic
TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:18 PM Edited by TheCacti, 14 September 2010 - 07:44 PM.

Hey guys,

I've never played Lost&Damned BOGT. for $39.99, are they really worth it?

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

$39.99 seems a little pricey. But I don't know what platform you're on and I don't know what the going rate is for consoles (if that's what you're on).

I paid 14.99 GBP from Amazon.co.uk for EFLC on PC-DVD. Aside from the price aspect, it's a big fat "Yes" from me. It's a must have in my books.

YMMV

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:39 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 15 September 2010 - 09:47 PM.

QUOTE (meson1 @ Sep 14 2010, 08:20)
Thanks for that mission tree MA. Right after I'd gone and made my own too, because I thought you'd "left" the board.

But I think that confirms an error in MOB's mission list, doesn't it?

He has "Babysitting" before "A Long Way To Fall" when according to everything I've seen "A Long Way To Fall" is one of the triggers for "Babysitting"

Now I thought I'd got it wrong because I'm sure numerous people have said that they've played through MOB's list without any problems.

Yes that is an error on my part. I am aware of it, I just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet... good spot though.

EDIT: It has now been fixed. Thanks for reminding me icon14.gif

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

Isnt elizabeta's missions earlier?

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:57 AM Edited by Magic_Al, 15 November 2010 - 04:27 AM.

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Nov 14 2010, 16:30)
Isnt elizabeta's missions earlier?

The timing of Elizabeta's missions was discussed a few posts back in this topic (a couple months ago). Jimbatron had a couple ways to avoid a conflict with Niko hearing about Elizabeta going to prison before Johnny finishes her missions, but MOB had reservations about making Niko jump through those hoops. According to GTA Wiki, Johnny can call Elizabeta after Shifting Weight and hear her just before she's arrested, so it would be good to know how late can that happen and exactly when is Elizabeta reported arrested in Niko's story. I sense that my mission tree needs another dotted arrow between stories (continuity prerequisite) but I'm not sure where it would go.

According to the log I made of news stories, the Drug Bust Trial story reporting Elizabeta's prison sentence was unlocked by "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend", which has to be many in-game days, realistically weeks, after she's arrested.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Nov 15 2010, 03:57)
According to GTA Wiki, Johnny can call Elizabeta after Shifting Weight and hear her just before she's arrested, so it would be good to know how late can that happen and exactly when is Elizabeta reported arrested in Niko's story. I sense that my mission tree needs another dotted arrow between stories (continuity prerequisite) but I'm not sure where it would go.

From memory, I think this basically occurs the next time you call her (if you choose to) any time after "Shifting Weight" other than the mandatory call JK makes after completion (references to drugs being flushed down the toilet as the Feds are trying to break down her door). Similarly with Mallorie's phone call in IV, she will ring some time after "Have a Heart", but when it actually occurs may vary, especially if you do back to back missions quickly, and are receiving other calls.

I'll have another look into it in more detail if I get the time, but I suspect we won't be able to pin down a definitive timing relative to missions other than these two.

The only difficulty as we know is a pratical one is that Mallorie's call to Niko has a nasty tendency to come too quickly after "Have a Heart", so you've got to delay it as long as possible if you want a consistent play through. If R* wanted to patch it to ensure consistency, I guess the call to Niko would have to come either after one of "Museum Piece" or "Hostile Negotiations", since they both guarantee that JK's missons for Elizabeta must have finished.

By the way, your mission tree is pretty awesome Magic_AL - beats the crap out of the ones on wikigta!

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:57 AM

What do you think of the list I tried making with the missions in order it's in my Chronicles From Liberty City topic it also has missions from fake DLC concepts.

heres the link http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060182795

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Nov 17 2010, 04:57)
What do you think of the list I tried making with the missions in order it's in my Chronicles From Liberty City topic it also has missions from fake DLC concepts.

heres the link http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060182795

Maybe you could spread the missions out a bit more so missions from the same story are not all bunched together

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:27 AM

Congrats on the sticky!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Duxfever @ Nov 18 2010, 01:27)
Congrats on the sticky!

Thank you sir icon14.gif

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:43 PM Edited by LuisBellic, 02 January 2011 - 11:11 AM.

Here's How I think the mission's go in order

White=IV
Red=TLAD
Purple=TBOGT

The Cousins Bellic [-]
It's Your Call
Three's A Crowd
Bleed Out
First Date
Easy Fare
Jamaican Heat
Bull In A China Shop
Hung Out To Dry
Clean Getaway
Ivan The Not So Terrible
Concrete Jungle
Uncle Vlad
Crime And Punishment
Do You Have Protection?
Clean And Serene (TLAD)
Angels In America (TLAD)
Final Destination
Logging On
No Love Lost [+]
Action/Reaction(TLAD)
Rigged To Blow
Liberty City Choppers(TLAD)
Bad Cop Drop(TLAD)
The Master And The Molotov [+]
Russian Revolution
Roman's Sorrow [-]
Escuela Of The Streets
Luck Of The Irish
Blow Your Cover/ Buyer's Market (GTA IV and TLAD crossover)
Search And Delete
Politics(TLAD)
Coming Down(TLAD)
Off-Route(TLAD)

Easy As Can Be
Out Of The Closet
No.1
The Puerto Rican Connection
Heavy Toll(TLAD)
The Snow Storm [-]
Marta Full Of Grace(TLAD)[/color]
Shifting Weight (TLAD) [+]
Have A Heart
Call And Collect
Harboring A Grudge
Waste Not Want Knots
Three Leaf Clover/ I Luv LC (GTA IV and TBOGT crossover)
Chinese Takeout(TBOGT)
This sh*t's Cursed(TLAD)
Practice Swing(TBOGT)
Momma's Boy(TBOGT)

Corner Kids (TBoGT) [+]
Clocking Off(TBOGT)
Hit The Pipe(TLAD)
Final Interview
End Of Chapter(TLAD)
Bad Standing(TLAD)

Bang Bang(TBOGT)
Sexy Time(TBOGT)
High Dive(TBOGT)
Caught With Your Pants Down(TBOGT)
For The Man Who Has Everything(TBOGT)

Lure
Blog This! (TBOGT)
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
I Need Your Clothes Your Boots & Your Motorcycle
Deconstruction For Beginners
Blog This Part 2(TBOGT)
Ruff Rider
Undress To Kill
Photo Shoot
Romans Holiday(TLAD)
Hostile Negotiation
The Holland Play
Wrong Is Right
Potrait Of A Killer
Dust-Off
Paper Trail
A Long Way To Fall
Smackdown
Babysitting
Tunnel Of Death
Blood Brothers
Undertaker
Diamonds In The Rough / Frosting On The Cake (TLAD and TBOGT crossover)
Taking In The Trash
Meltdown
Boulevard Baby(TBOGT)
I'll Take Her
Museum Piece/ Collector's Item / Not So Fast (GTA IV TLAD and TBOGT crossover)
No Way On The Subway
Was It Worth It?(TLAD)
Get Lost(TLAD)
Going Deep(TBOGT)
Dropping In(TBOGT)

Late Checkout
Weekend At Florians
Ransom
Hating The Haters
Union Drive
Buoys Ahoy
Truck Hustle
Pegorinos Pride
Payback
Catch The Wave
Trespass
In The Crosshairs(TBOGT)
To Live And Die In Alderney
Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend [+]
Ladies Half Price (TBOGT) [-]
Entourage
Flatline
Pest Control
Dining Out
Liquidize The Assets
That Special Someone
One Last Thing
A Dish Served Cold/If The Price Is Right(Choice between Revenge & Deal ending)
Mr. And Mrs. Bellic
Partys Over(TBOGT)
Out Of Commision(Revenge)/A Revengers Tragedy(Deal)
Departure Time(TBOGT)

OGIamLoco
  • OGIamLoco

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

A minor thing MOB, Crime and Punishment is a Faustin mission not Roman.

anyways, good work...

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (OGIamLoco @ Jan 1 2011, 23:07)

anyways, good work...

No, it's a Roman mission. You go to his icon in the dumpster and the mission starts.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Jan 2 2011, 00:02)

anyways, good work...

No, it's a Roman mission. You go to his icon in the dumpster and the mission starts.

It's kinda for both of them.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Jan 2 2011, 05:11)
QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Jan 2 2011, 00:02)

anyways, good work...

It's kinda for both of them.

To be used as a play-through guide, the list has to tell which icon to go to next.

Rockstar decides who's mission it is. It's not unusual in these games that someone you know leads you to an encounter with someone else who tells you what to do. Consider it from an un-spoiled player's perspective.

OGIamLoco
  • OGIamLoco

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

opps, my mistake, I really meant Do You Have Protection.
I see it has already been changed to "F" so never mind...

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:04 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 10 January 2011 - 11:19 AM.

Post Removed

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has already pointed this out, but I think it is possible to precisely determine the timing of "Get Lost" in relation to Luis' story.

The transformation of the Lost Club House is not as obvious as Roman's Cab depot burning down but nevertheless there are definite differences. This image is taken before "Get Lost":

user posted image

And this is how it looks afterwards:

user posted image

There are three main differences afterwards:

1) The windows are blacked out
2) The Lost logo is not longer visible in the arch above the door
3) An extra No Parking sign has been added to the right of the door

I had a check through TBOGT and the exact same transformation occurs after "Ladies Night"

The Club House before "Ladies Night":

user posted image

And afterwards:

user posted image

I've checked and missions which are not prerequisites for "Ladies Night" ("Caught With Your Pants Down", "Clocking Off", and "Kibbutz Number One", and those that follow them) have no bearing on whether or not the transformation of the club house occurs.

I think we can therefore conclude that "Get Lost" and "Ladies Night" occur at the same time. This must also mean that TLAD finished somewhere in between Niko completing "Ransom" and starting "She's a Keeper". I'm fairly convinced I'm right on this, but if someone can confirm that would be great.

For anyone who has read my previous comments, this unfortunately blows my theory to bits that "Get Lost" might occur after as "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" meaning Gerry was unable to use biker's invasion as an opportunity to escape.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

That's an exellent observation man. It does put a huge gap between "Was it Worth it?" and "Get Lost" but I suppose I can't despute the evidence. I'll wait a couple of days before I change the list though to see if anybody has anything to say about it.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Jan 8 2011, 12:30)
That's an exellent observation man. It does put a huge gap between "Was it Worth it?" and "Get Lost" but I suppose I can't despute the evidence. I'll wait a couple of days before I change the list though to see if anybody has anything to say about it.

Thanks man. I think it might be plausible there is a long gap between "Was it Worth it?" and "Get Lost", because in reality the bikers would need a fair bit of time to prepare for such a large assault. Alternatively, [PMC] Ransom [GT] Ladies' Night and [GMC] She's A Keeper could start earlier and be a bit more spread out, allowing "Get Lost" to be a bit earlier also. I can't see any obvious conflicts with doing so, as they are not constrained by Peggorino Family missions, or those for Bulgarin and Yusuf Amir. I don't think [GMC] Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend necessarily has to occur immediately after [GMC] She's A Keeper.

As an aside, I think it is another Credit to R*'s attention to detail - who would have thought they would have bothered to include the Club House change in TBOGT?

OGIamLoco
  • OGIamLoco

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

Thats pretty cool, makes for a large change to the current list.

I've been making a mega Checklist based on the 3 games combined using this, its 26 pages now. lol, man, I'm never gonna finish this game!

One thing I got messed up with was sticking around GTAIV too long after The Master anb the Molotov,
and I got the phone to start Russian Revolution and Roman's Sorrow out of order with TLAD, Bad Cop Drop.
You may want to put a warning in the list about that.

Keep up the good work.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:05 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 10 January 2011 - 03:01 PM.

QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Jan 9 2011, 14:09)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Jan 8 2011, 12:30)

Thanks man. I think it might be plausible there is a long gap between "Was it Worth it?" and "Get Lost", because in reality the bikers would need a fair bit of time to prepare for such a large assault. Alternatively, [PMC] Ransom [GT] Ladies' Night and [GMC] She's A Keeper could start earlier and be a bit more spread out, allowing "Get Lost" to be a bit earlier also. I can't see any obvious conflicts with doing so, as they are not constrained by Peggorino Family missions, or those for Bulgarin and Yusuf Amir. I don't think [GMC] Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend necessarily has to occur immediately after [GMC] She's A Keeper.

As an aside, I think it is another Credit to R*'s attention to detail - who would have thought they would have bothered to include the Club House change in TBOGT?

I tried rearranging the missions to reduce the gap between "Was it Worth it" and "Get Lost" but doing so creates a huge gap in TBOGT. The missions were already very spread out as it was.. now they're just miles apart. There are so many missions that come after The Diamond Deal in GTA IV and so little in both of the other games. It just doesn't look right at all. confused.gif

EDIT: After a bit more rearranging..It actually looks ok. I've posted a new version of the list, if there are any obvious mistakes that anybody can see let me know.

As a side note I've also switched Pegorino and Gravelli's missions around at the end as I think Dimitri would've needed some time to set up the heroin deal with the Pegorinos and he wouldn't have needed to do this until after the coke was destroyed in "Liquidize The Assets".

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:45 AM Edited by LuisBellic, 10 January 2011 - 02:48 AM.

Yo dude wouldn't Bleed Out have to happen before First Date? becuase Niko is drving there but get's the call that Roman is in trouble so he is forced to go back and rescue him.
EDIT: Nevermind I noticed you fixed that on the new list

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

I am going to play through again in this order, just for the fun of it, since i got it all on one disc now as well.
I have never visited the BoGT forums before, and im surprised anyone went to the trouble of doing this.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

Nice new list MOB, frequency looks good, TBOGT missions are always going to be spread thin over Niko's towards the end.

Feel a bit guilty I didn't spot the club house thing sooner given you've had to go back and update the list for the nth time again!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:46 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 10 January 2011 - 02:57 PM.

QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Jan 10 2011, 13:41)
Nice new list MOB, frequency looks good, TBOGT missions are always going to be spread thin over Niko's towards the end.

Feel a bit guilty I didn't spot the club house thing sooner given you've had to go back and update the list for the nth time again!

I would much rather have the list 100% accurate than not have to keep changing the order. After over a year I can now accept things a lot more than I originally could and one of those things is that there needs to be large gaps in between some DLC missions. With that said I have also now moved "Party's Over" so it happens right before "Mr. and Mrs. Bellic "since it happens the day before "Departure Time" which has the possibility of occuring after Niko's final mission (if the Deal path is chosen).
I hope that this is now the final list and I have added it to the first page but if anybody has any issues they would like to raise.. please don't hesitate to let me know.

TheGameSter1100
  • TheGameSter1100

Proud Gamer(:

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif Soo much cookies for you kind sir icon14.gif
I might play IV/EFLC again in this order and pay attention to cut scenes and dialog, because the first time I played through GTA 4
"How did that happen" or "who's that?"
When I played through both DLC, I was like
"Oh that explains a lot" and "Hey, its that person"
And now, soo much things are going to make sense
Thanks so much for this list (: icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (TheGameSter1100 @ Jan 10 2011, 23:28)
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif Soo much cookies for you kind sir icon14.gif
I might play IV/EFLC again in this order and pay attention to cut scenes and dialog, because the first time I played through GTA 4
"How did that happen" or "who's that?"
When I played through both DLC, I was like
"Oh that explains a lot" and "Hey, its that person"
And now, soo much things are going to make sense
Thanks so much for this list (: icon14.gif

Yeah it's so much better when you get the Complete Picture. smile.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:10 AM

I have found it a major pain in the ass having to load each game separately, so i dunno if i will bother with the trinity, plus it won't autoload IV if i play TLAD, i have to re-start the game the game skip the first cutscene, then pause and load my IV save.

SO i have been doing them not quite in order, but close, so i do 3-5 IV mission then do a couple TLAD ones to catch up, haven't gotten to BOGT yet, i gotta say IV is so easy.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

I noticed (or rather heard) something while playing the mission "Heavy Toll" that may have a bearing on the list.
Basically what it was was that Malc said to the AOD members when he stopped them at the toll booth and took their money "I hope this isn't one of them fake bills I've been hearing about". As we all know the fake notes are brought into the city in the mission "Babysitting" for Derrick McReary so this comment would effectively mean that Heavy Toll takes place some time after Babysitting. If anybody has an alternative explaination though I would love to hear it (since it would mean me not having to change the list around again). smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users