QUOTE (McGlone16 @ Mar 9 2010, 07:45)
This is awesome, thanks for putting this together! icon14.gif

Thanks for the support man icon14.gif

Strength.
  • Strength.

The Director.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

Very helpful tread man, thanks for making it because I am just about to start and play all tree stories again colgate.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Strength. @ Mar 25 2010, 18:45)
Very helpful tread man, thanks for making it because I am just about to start and play all tree stories again colgate.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

It was a pleasure man colgate.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

Gonna bump this since EFLC is out on all platforms. (For Some at Least)

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

Just out of interest why isn't this pinned yet? confused.gif

Termination
  • Termination

Don't call me terminator...I'm termination.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:41 PM

It's true, but nearly impossible to happen unless rockstar made a game with all three and you'd switch between auto-maticly with choice. Btw when Grace or w/e her name is kidnapped (TBOGT), at Heavy Toll (If that's the toll both one) isn't that Grace in the car that they let by?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Termination @ Apr 12 2010, 23:41)
It's true, but nearly impossible to happen unless rockstar made a game with all three and you'd switch between auto-maticly with choice. Btw when Grace or w/e her name is kidnapped (TBOGT), at Heavy Toll (If that's the toll both one) isn't that Grace in the car that they let by?

No it's just some random pregnant girl.

Restelo94
  • Restelo94

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

Whoa, good work man icon14.gif

I'm going to follow this as soon as I finish both TLAD and BOGT individually

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

PLaying TBOGT at the moment, but after i ve completed i'm going to replay it like this.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Hopefully you guys aren't alone.. I want to get some good feedback on how well this works.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

Won't it be slightly anoying though, completing a few missions...then changing disks, to be one missions i mean Ay yai yai! confused.gif

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Apr 17 2010, 17:19)
Won't it be slightly anoying though, completing a few missions...then changing disks, to be one missions i mean Ay yai yai! confused.gif

The topic was started with DLC in mind, which only involves loading your other save, not switching discs.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Apr 18 2010, 00:27)
QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Apr 17 2010, 17:19)

The topic was started with DLC in mind, which only involves loading your other save, not switching discs.

Magic Al my old Pal!! Hey that Rhymes colgate.gif

Have you got a link to your mission tree that I could maybe add to the first post??

TheFoundAndBlessed
  • TheFoundAndBlessed

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

Nice work, I'm gonna try this sometime. The list seems to be pretty accurate.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (TheFoundAndBlessed @ Apr 21 2010, 18:33)
Nice work, I'm gonna try this sometime. The list seems to be pretty accurate.

I hope so... I spent quite a bit of time on it smile.gif

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

nice work, I actually enjoyed reading it icon14.gif
Love what rockstar did, use someone that was in GTA IV vanilla as a protagonist...playing missions from different perspectives = win

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Apr 17 2010, 17:31)
Magic Al my old Pal!! Hey that Rhymes  colgate.gif

Have you got a link to your mission tree that I could maybe add to the first post??

GTA-IV-EFLC-IMT.pdf

Let me know if any errors have been found since I updated it last November.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Apr 22 2010, 02:03)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Apr 17 2010, 17:31)
Magic Al my old Pal!! Hey that Rhymes  colgate.gif

GTA-IV-EFLC-IMT.pdf

Let me know if any errors have been found since I updated it last November.

I've added it in man. I'll let you know if I find any errors but I don't think there will be tbh.

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

This topic is cool.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (florisinfernus @ May 9 2010, 15:37)
This topic is cool.

Thanks man. Glad you like it colgate.gif

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Oct 30 2009, 12:52)
Where do you have to drive the getaway car in Three Leaf Clover to be able to run over Luis in the crosswalk? wink.gif

Yeah! Being a bit pedantic I know, but Niko, Packie and Derrick are in a Presidente aren't they in the TBOGT intro? Is or just me or isn't the Huntley Sport that's always parked by the service exit the most obvious vehicle to escape in? Another possible continuity error is that in Three Leaf Clover, when the vault door blows, before going down it is possible to shoot Luis in the head and proceed. In EFLC, attacking Niko results in mission failure when I've tried.

Anyway, this is a great thread - it's got me wondering how many permutations there are for a "possible trinity". One thought - it is possible that "Get Lost" could actually occur after "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend"?

My thinking - in IV you can do missions for Gerald McReary, Derrick McReary and Ray Boccino more or less simultaneously. If "Late Checkout", "Ransom", "She's a keeper", and "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend" can occur before "Get Lost" (overlapping with "Was it worth it"), then Gerald McReary is inside the Alderney State Correctional Facility when the bikers raid it and possibly escapes (at the end of the mission several opportunistic prisoners are seen doing so). There's already a strong hint at the end of TBOGT we will see Patrick McReary again, so I was wondering if this gives R* the option to bring his older brother back in a future instalment too?

Under the OP's chronology of course, Gerald is sent down after "Get Lost" takes place. This seems more likely, but I don't think the above is impossible - I guess it would depend on how much can realistically happen before Johnny takes the call from Stubbs following "Was it Worth it".

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Jimbatron @ May 10 2010, 19:45)
QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Oct 30 2009, 12:52)
Where do you have to drive the getaway car in Three Leaf Clover to be able to run over Luis in the crosswalk?  wink.gif

Yeah! Being a bit pedantic I know, but Niko, Packie and Derrick are in a Presidente aren't they in the TBOGT intro? Is or just me or isn't the Huntley Sport that's always parked by the service exit the most obvious vehicle to escape in? Another possible continuity error is that in Three Leaf Clover, when the vault door blows, before going down it is possible to shoot Luis in the head and proceed. In EFLC, attacking Niko results in mission failure when I've tried.

Anyway, this is a great thread - it's got me wondering how many permutations there are for a "possible trinity". One thought - it is possible that "Get Lost" could actually occur after "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend"?

My thinking - in IV you can do missions for Gerald McReary, Derrick McReary and Ray Boccino more or less simultaneously. If "Late Checkout", "Ransom", "She's a keeper", and "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend" can occur before "Get Lost" (overlapping with "Was it worth it"), then Gerald McReary is inside the Alderney State Correctional Facility when the bikers raid it and possibly escapes (at the end of the mission several opportunistic prisoners are seen doing so). There's already a strong hint at the end of TBOGT we will see Patrick McReary again, so I was wondering if this gives R* the option to bring his older brother back in a future instalment too?

Under the OP's chronology of course, Gerald is sent down after "Get Lost" takes place. This seems more likely, but I don't think the above is impossible - I guess it would depend on how much can realistically happen before Johnny takes the call from Stubbs following "Was it Worth it".

The whole representation of Three Leaf clover is inconsistant.. Eugene looking different.. Luis looking different.. The possibility of Luis being killed that you mentioned.. The fact that it's almost always night when you finish the mission in IV yet it logically must happen in the day time.. like in TBOGT. I think the guys driving in a Presidente is actually the least strange of all of them. However it's just simply an Easter Egg like Niko appearing in Alderney during the TLAD intro.

As far as the Gerry escaping theory.. It's highly unlikely but not actually impossible. It is highly unlikely though so that kinda means that that's not the way it happened.. in my opinion at least.

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:57 AM

*bump*

Haven't seen this topic in a while.

TheFoundAndBlessed
  • TheFoundAndBlessed

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

I gave up on the actualy IV/TLAD/TBOGT playthrough, I still find the IV missions too boring (done them tons of times already) and I got tired of switching the discs. Now I'm just going to re-play TLaD and TBoGT seperately, but I'll use your list to have the (hopefully cannon) order of missions. So I guess you and your list did help me in after all. colgate.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:24 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 26 May 2010 - 11:35 PM.

QUOTE (TheFoundAndBlessed @ May 24 2010, 16:32)
I gave up on the actualy IV/TLAD/TBOGT playthrough, I still find the IV missions too boring (done them tons of times already) and I got tired of switching the discs. Now I'm just going to re-play TLaD and TBoGT seperately, but I'll use your list to have the (hopefully cannon) order of missions. So I guess you and your list did help me in after all. colgate.gif

The list does work best with the episodes downloaded on your HDD. But a good way of playing through the list if you have EFLC is to stop playing after a group of TBOGT/TLAD missions that come together before a GTA IV mission, then just resume later with the GTA IV disc in and ready to go. It's less annoying that way.

I started working on grouping the missions together in this manner a few months back but I kind of gave up. I might try and get back into it and post the chapters here soon.

TheRandomGuy93
  • TheRandomGuy93

Buster Nutt

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:21 AM Edited by TheRandomGuy93, 26 May 2010 - 02:33 AM.

hey im just looking through this now cause im playin through the stories one more time before i get Red Dead Redemption and abandon GTA IV like a red-headed step child tounge2.gif , anyway im playing through and i noticed something in the starting cutscene for "Not so Fast" in BOGT, Tony is sitting at Herculese waiting for Gracie, and at the end of the mission when Luis gives Tony the diamonds, tony mentions that Gracie didnt show up, meaning Niko kidnaps her before the whole "Museum" story, heres my theory.....

BOGT- Frosting on the cake
TLAD- Diamonds in the rough
GTA IV- Taking in the trash

GTA IV- I'll take her
TLAD- Collecter's item
GTA IV- Museum piece
BOGT- Not so fast
TLAD- Was it worth it
GTA IV- No way on the subway

GTA IV- Ransom
BOGT- Ladies night
GTA IV- Shes a keeper
TLAD- Get lost
GTA IV- Diamonds are a girl's best friend
BOGT- Ladies half price

i know theres more IV missions inbetween but i just thot id mainly mention the crossover's

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:46 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 26 May 2010 - 11:54 AM.

QUOTE (TheRandomGuy93 @ May 26 2010, 02:21)
hey im just looking through this now cause im playin through the stories one more time before i get Red Dead Redemption and abandon GTA IV like a red-headed step child tounge2.gif , anyway im playing through and i noticed something in the starting cutscene for "Not so Fast" in BOGT, Tony is sitting at Herculese waiting for Gracie, and at the end of the mission when Luis gives Tony the diamonds, tony mentions that Gracie didnt show up, meaning Niko kidnaps her before the whole "Museum" story, heres my theory.....

BOGT- Frosting on the cake
TLAD- Diamonds in the rough
GTA IV- Taking in the trash

GTA IV- I'll take her
TLAD- Collecter's item
GTA IV- Museum piece
BOGT- Not so fast
TLAD- Was it worth it
GTA IV- No way on the subway

GTA IV- Ransom
BOGT- Ladies night
GTA IV- Shes a keeper
TLAD- Get lost
GTA IV- Diamonds are a girl's best friend
BOGT- Ladies half price

i know theres more IV missions inbetween but i just thot id mainly mention the crossover's

It is heavily implied as you say that Gracie has already been kidnapped in the "Not so fast" cut-scene. However, I don't think it is proof. It could be she's simply off out getting up to the sort of things you'd expect of a "Guido slut" (as Packie would call her). It certainly seems possible though and I think I am right in saying that in Niko's story "I'll take her" can occur before "Museum piece" ("Ransom" however cannot, and "Late Checkout" must also be completed, but I don't think there are any limiting factors on the amount of time that passes between the kidnapping and the photo being released).

This would also have to happen with my above suggestion that maybe Gerald escapes during "Get Lost" if his missions occur prior to then. I agree with M.O.B that is unlikely - there would have to be a very long time gap between "Was it worth it?" and "Get Lost". However I think it would be a nice irony given that one of the last things Gerry says is "I don't think I'll be getting out of here any time soon" - he may have escaped a matter of hours later during the shoot out.

On this note however, I would say in your list it seems highly unlikely that "Get lost" occurs between "She's a Keeper" and "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend". It seems too much business as usual in the the cut scenes with Gerry at the prison - and he makes no mention of a raid while he was there to Niko. Not impossible of course, but it wouldn't seem to fit nicely. There's no reason why "Get Lost" couldn't be moved two places down in your list though - or be occuring more or less simulatenously (the bikers might have arrived shortly after Niko leaves the prison to meet up with Packie in Northwood).

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:04 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 26 May 2010 - 12:12 PM.

That has been mentioned before but it's impossible since Gerry's "in prison" missions cannot occur before Museum Piece in GTA IV.

It's likely that Gracie was just out getting drunk or high or f*cked by some Guido (Or all three).

EDIT: Actually no.. that's not the reason. The reason is that Tony and Luis haven't got the diamonds back until after the Museam Mission meaning that The McReary's would have no reason to kidnap Gracie so that's why that theory is impossible. I knew there was a solid reason I just couldn't remember what it was lol smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users