» «
Photo

The Possible Trinity..

624 replies to this topic
Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:38 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 22 January 2014 - 01:26 AM.

2qn39cn.png

In this topic I will attempt to create a comprehensive list that can be used to play GTA IV and The Episodes From Liberty City together in chronological order as if it were one big complete story (as it is intended to be). The list Will Not be 100% set in stone as this is impossible due to the vast amount of choice available to the player. The purpose is just to give people a general idea of when things occur in one story relative to another.

I first got the idea for this topic when I seen a similar one in the TLAD section which was created by Mafioso86. I then took his Idea and expanded on it and through the research of myself and others I was able to take the original list and change it around so it would represent a logical and accurate way to play the three stories in unision. Below is the list I eventually came up with. Please note that the list is best used on the second playthrough of The Episodes as not only will the list itself make more sense but so too will the whole story of the three episodes together. And it might seem a little obvious but a copy of GTA IV and Episodes From Liberty City on disc or your Hard Drive is needed for this list to work. I also recommend turning autosave on.

Just to make it easier to understand I have put in several indicators that symbolise different aspects of the story such as Crossovers, different coloured text for the three different games and the initials of the mission giver before each mission etc.

The colours I will use are: White for Niko's Missions, Red for Johnny's missions and Pink for Luis's Missions.

The Initials for each mission giver that will be used are:

R - Roman •M - Michelle •LJ - Little Jacob •BG - Billy Grey •V - Vlad •MF - Mikhail Faustin •J - Jim

DR - Dimitri Raskolov •BK - Brucie Kibbutz •ME - Manny Escuela •E - Elizabeta Torres •S - Stubbs

A - Ashley •FMC - Francis McReary •ULP - United Liberty Paper •X - Playboy X •D - Dwayne Forge

ML - Mrs. Lopez (House) •PMC - Packie McReary •GT - Gay Tony [H = House (Day), C = Club (Night)]

RB - Ray Boccino •GMC - Gerry McReary •MK - Mori Kibbutz •YA - Yusuf Amir •DMC - Derrick McReary

BC - Bernie Crane •B - Bulgarin •RP - Rocco Pelosi •PB - Phil Bell •JP - Jimmy Pegorino •G - John Gravelli

To indicate a crossover mission I've put [+] and [-] symbols beside crossovers to indicate the start and end of a crossover with the mission that "starts" first coming before its counterpart on the list (e.g. Johnny gets to Liz's house before Niko for the heroin deal so I've put "Buyer's Market" before "Blow Your Cover" even though the main part of the mission happens at the same time in both stories). Missions with 3 parts e.g The Impossible Trinity will have a [=] symbol beside the middle mission as an indicator.

And as if that wasn't enough, for GTA IV I've also put the Deal missions in Green and the Revenge missions in Yellow just to make it even easier to understand.

So with all of that out of the way.. Here is the List:

[R] The Cousins Bellic

[R] It's Your Call

[R] Three's a Crowd

[R] Bleed Out

[M] First Date

[R] Easy Fare

[R] Jamaican Heat

[LJ] Concrete Jungle

[V] Bull In a China Shop

[V] Hung Out to Dry

[V] Clean Getaway

[V] Ivan the Not So Terrible

[R] Uncle Vlad

[R] Crime and Punishment

[MF] Do You Have Protection?

[LJ] Shadow

[BG] Clean and Serene

[MF] Final Destination

[R] Logging On

[BG] Angels In America [+]

[MF] No Love Lost [=]

[MF] Rigged to Blow

[DR] The Master and the Molotov

[J] Liberty City Choppers

[DR] Russian Revolution

[R] Roman's Sorrow

[BG] It's War [-]

[BK] Search and Delete

[ME] Escuela of the Streets

[BK] Easy As Can Be

[ME] Street Sweeper

[BG] Action/Reaction

[E] Luck of the Irish

[E] Buyer's Market [+]

[E] Blow Your Cover [-]

[J] Bad Cop Drop

[BK] Out of the Closet

[S] Politics

[A] Coming Down

[BK] No. 1

[ME] The Puerto Rican Connection

[E] The Snow Storm

[FMC] Call and Collect

[S] Off Route

[E] Have a Heart

[PMC] Harboring a Grudge

[PMC] Waste Not Want Knots

[PMC] Three Leaf Clover [+]

[GT] I Luv LC [-]

[FMC] Final Interview Part 1

[GT] Chinese Takeout [C] [+]

[FMC] Final Interview Part 2

[BG] This sh*t's Cursed [-]

[ML] Momma's Boy

[J] Hit the Pipe

[ML] Corner Kids

[E] Heavy Toll

[ML] Clocking Off

[E] Marta Full Of Grace

[YA] Sexy Time

[E] Shifting Weight

[DMC] Smackdown

[FMC] Holland Nights

[FMC] Lure

[YA] High Dive

[GMC] Actions Speak Louder than Words

[GMC] I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle

[RB] A Long Way to Fall

[YA] Caught With Your Pants Down

[DMC] Babysitting

[DMC] Tunnel of Death

[FMC] Blood Brothers

[GT] Practice Swing

[PMC] Undertaker

[J] End of Chapter

[GT] Bang Bang [H]

[X] Deconstruction for Beginners

[J] Bad Standing

[MK] Kibbutz Number One

[D] Ruff Rider

[D] Undress to Kill

[MK] This Aint Checkers

[A] Roman's Holiday [+]

[X] Photo Shoot

[MK] No. 3

[R] Hostile Negotiation [-]

[X/D] The Holland Play

[GT] Blog This! [C]

[ULP] Wrong Is Right

[ULP] Portrait of a Killer

[GT] Frosting On The Cake [H] [+]

[RB] Diamonds In the Rough [=]

[RB] Taking In the Trash [-]

[GT] Boulevard Baby [C]

[RB] Meltdown

[GT] ...Blog This!

[GMC] I'll Take Her

[RB] Museum Piece [+]

[RB] Collector's Item [=]

[GT] Not So Fast [-]

[RB] Was It Worth It? [+]

[RB] No Way on the Subway [-]

[RB] Late Checkout

[RB] Weekend at Florian's

[PMC] Ransom

[S] Get Lost

[GT] Ladies' Night [+]

[GMC] She's A Keeper [-]

[ULP] Dust Off

[ULP] Paper Trail

[B] Going Deep

[BC] Hating the Haters

[BC] Union Drive

[BC] Buoy's Ahoy

[B] Dropping In

[PB] Truck Hustle

[JP] Pegorino's Pride

[JP] Payback

[YA] For The Man Who Has Everything

[PB] Catch the Wave

[PB] Trespass

[B] In The Crosshairs

[PB] To Live and Die In Alderney

[GMC] Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend [+]

[GT] Ladies Half Price [-]

[G] Entourage

[G] Dining Out

[G] Liquidize the Assets

[JP] Flatline

[JP] Pest Control

[ULP] That Special Someone

[JP] One Last Thing

[DR] If the Price Is Right / A Dish Served Cold

[R] Mr. & Mrs. Bellic

[RP] Party's Over

[LJ] A Revenger's Tragedy / Out of Commission

[GT] Departure Time

Anybody who wishes to see how this list came about or see the explanations behind the placing of TLAD missions can view Mafioso86's original topic here. (My list is in this post here). Anybody looking for more information on how the three stories connect with each other can do so in this topic.

* Although the list above shows the "true" way to play the three stories simultaneously, it may be quite frustrating to play through for those using the Episodes From Liberty City disc in conjunction with the original GTA IV disc. If you are one of those people - CLICK HERE for an alternative chapter based list that groups missions from each game together (where possible) in order to drasticly cut down on the amount of disc swapping.

For a detailed mission tree made by Magic Al Click Here.

Alternatively if you wish to play the missions from EFLC Only (i.e. without the IV missions) then check out This List posted by The Lolwut Pear

Special Thanks To: Versityle, Magic_Al and everybody else who has helped me with this list along the way (you know who you are).

Keep those "Likes" coming guys :)

• Duxfever, FearTheLiving, Jimbatron and 9 others like this

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:03 AM Edited by II J0SePh X II, 30 October 2009 - 07:47 AM.

That`s naughty

II J0SePh X II`s
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV: Episodes of Liberty City Playthru.

The following is a guide to playing through GTA IV plus DLC packs The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony (TBC) at the same time, which leads the player through the great stories, and intense action in (to date) the best video game ever created.

Chapter 1: Off the Boat

Roman The Cousins Bellic. It`s Your Call. Three`s A Crowd. First Date. Bleed Out. Easy Fare. Jamaican Heat.
Vlad Bull in a China Shop. Hung Out to Dry. Clean Getaway. Ivan the Not So Terrible.
Little Jacob Concrete Jungle.
Roman Uncle Vlad
Faustin Crime and Punishment. Do You Have Protection?
Little Jacob Shadow
Faustin Final Destination.
Billy Grey Clean and Serene. Angels In America.
Faustin No Love Lost. Rigged to Blow.
Roman Logging On
Dimitri The Master and the Molotov
Brucie Search and Delete. Easy As Can Be.
Dimitri Russian Revolution
Roman Roman`s Sorrow

Chapter 2: One Percenter

Manny Escuela of the Streets.
Brucie Out of the Closet Part: 1
Manny Street Sweeper.
Elizabeta Luck of the Irish.
Brucie Out of the Closet. Part: 2. No. 1
Jim Fitzgerald Liberty City Choppers.
Billy Grey It`s War. Action/Reaction
Jim Fitzgerald Bad Cop Drop.
Elizabeta Buyer`s Market.
Elizabeta Blow Your Cover.
Playboy X Deconstruction for beginners.
Manny The Puerto Rican Connection.
Francis McReary Call and Collect. Final Interview: Part 1
Playboy X Photo Shoot
Dwayne Ruff Rider. Undress to Kill.
Francis McReary Final Interview: Part 2.
Stubbs Politics. Off Route
Ashley Coming Down
Billy Grey This sh*t`s Cursed.

Chapter 3. Full Chat

Jim Fitzgerald Hit The Pipe. End of Chapter. Bad Standing.
Elizabeta Heavy Toll. Marta Full of Grace. Shifting weight.
Ashley Roman`s Holiday
Elizabeta The Snow Storm
Playboy X/Dwayne The Holland Play.
Francis McReary Holland Nights. Lure.
Elizabeta Have A Heart.
U. L. Paper Wrong Is Right. Portrait of a Killer
Roman Hostile Negotiation.

Chapter 4. Impossible Trinity

Packie McReary Harbouring a Grudge. Waste Not Want Knots.
Ray Boccino A Long Way to Fall.
U. L. Paper Dust Off
Packie McReary Three Leaf Clover.
Gay Tony I luv LC
U. L. Paper Paper Trail
Ray Boccino Diamonds in the Rough.
Ray Boccino Taking in the Trash. Meltdown.
Ray Boccino Collectors Item.
Ray Boccino Museum Piece. No Way on the Subway. Weekend at Florian`s.
Ray Boccino Was It Worth It?
Stubbs Get Lost.

Chapter 5. Gracefully Taken

Gerry McReary Actions Speak Louder Than Words. I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle
Derrick McReary Smackdown. Babysitting. Tunnel of Death.
Bernie Crane Hating the Haters. Union Drive.
Ray Boccino Late Checkout.
Bernie Crane Buoys Ahoy
Francis McReary Blood Brothers.
Packie McReary Undertaker
Gerry McReary I`ll Take Her
Phill Bell Truck Hustle
Gerry McReary Ransom
Jimmy P Pegorino`s Pride
Gerry McReary She`s a Keeper. Diamonds Are a Girl`s Best Friend.

Chapter 6. Finish Him

Jimmy P Payback.
Phill Bell Catch the Wave. Tresspass. To Live and Die in Alderney.
Jimmy P Flatline.
Jon Gravelli Entourage. Dining Out.
Jimmy P Pest Control
Jon Gravelli Liquidize the Assets.
U. L. Paper That Special Someone
Finale:
Deal If the Price Is Right. Mr. & Mrs. Bellic. A Revenger`s Tragedy.
Revenge A Dish Served Cold. Mr. & Mrs Bellic. Out of Commission.
  • UltraGizmo64 and Android like this

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:05 AM

Reserved for Magic_Al

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

I didn't think you were gonna go ahead with posting in here Joseph... Are you not doing your "Big Post" anymore??

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:14 AM

This thread is too good to be pushed all the way down to page 3.

Rebumping this thread.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:23 AM

Wow, that's pretty neat! Unfortunately, I have two discs to keep switching around tounge.gif it's all good. Thanks for this!!

liquidus119
  • liquidus119

King of Kings

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:21 AM

All I know is that I just finished TBoGT, and it definitely ruined most of my timeline...

Not that that is a bad thing, just gives me incentive to play more.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:07 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 30 October 2009 - 02:09 AM.

Thanks for the bump and the props guys. Having played most of The Ballad of Gay Tony though I don't really hold out much hope for the future of this thread. Rockstar f*cked up big Time!! It's gonna take a lot of work to get this list to make sence!!

I've added in all of the crossovers up until the end of Johnny's story.. Except for one
(anybody who's played the game will know which).

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 30 2009, 02:07)
Thanks for the bump and the props guys. Having played most of The Ballad of Gay Tony though I don't really hold out much hope for the future of this thread. Rockstar f*cked up big Time!! It's gonna take a lot of work to get this list to make sence!!

I've added in all of the crossovers up until the end of Johnny's story.. Except for one

Do you mean that chrologialicly it doesn't make sense?

Jeramy
  • Jeramy

Right Hand Man

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 29 2009, 08:38)
<snip>

Thanks for that list, I'll try completing the missions in that order and see how it goes. biggrin.gif

liquidus119
  • liquidus119

King of Kings

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Oct 30 2009, 02:19)
Do you mean that chrologialicly it doesn't make sense?

Well, this is just me speaking, but I find it to be more of a logical/coherency problem than a chronological one.

TLAD had a big flaw with how they set up the mission Roman's Holiday. It was set up at a point late in Johnny's story which would basically force Niko to hold off on starting Playboy X's missions (the second of which is the trigger for Hostile Negotiation, which is the companion mission to Roman's Holiday) until later in the game. You can make it work chronologically, but it throws off the narrative of Niko's story by forcing him to do missions later in the game when it would make more sense and flow better if he did them early.

Now with BOGT, we face a similar situation in the fact that This Sh*t's Cursed must now take place after Three Leaf Clover. This wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that This Sh*t's Cursed runs parallel to Final Interview based on news reports.

Even if it could work chronologically (which I'm not even sure it can, as I thought you had to do all of Francis missions to unlock Three Leaf Clover) it would still seem awkward considering that you are putting off missions that should take place early in the game until later in the game.

I'm sure most of this will fly right over peoples heads. I hope someone gets what I am trying to say though, because at this point I'm starting to think that we are not going to be able to use the internet news stories as references to when missions take place to each other, which kind of leaves us just stabbing in the dark at this thing.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 30 2009, 02:07)

I was actually going over my own custom list I made from the guidance from this thread and I think I might have found a solution but I'm not sure if M.O.B or anyone else is going to like it, but I thought it over and over and there's simply no other way.

Having said that I still haven't finished the game obviously, I'm taking it slow and savoring the first playthru, but going back to Elizebeta and "The Snow Storm":

We had assumed that the drugs (can't remember if it was coke/heroin/etc.) from TSS was the same drugs Johny stole from the A.O.D in "Heavy Toll". I'm not sure but I don't think there is solid evidence to support this. It was a safe theory but again Liz is a huge drug dealer and she probably has all sorts of sh*t coming in from all over town but it would then leave the question what she did with the A.O.D drugs, I guess we can assume she sold them/kept them or put them together with the drugs Marta smuggled in, who knows?

Secondly, M.O.B made the point that "Have a Heart" and "Marta Full of Grace" took place at the same time because of the circumstances that Liz was in with the gun, the drink and the paranoia. Again a good assumption but no solid evidence, her gun, drink and paranoia could have been taking place over a span of several days, maybe weeks and those two moments could have been separate.

Those assumptions work fine, but if we were to officialize it in the list then we would get nowhere with trying to figure out where "Chinese Takeout" will go. If we were to remove those assumptions and do "The Snow Storm" and "Have a Heart" a bit earlier without completing "Photo Shoot" we can probably unlock Packie's missions quicker thus unlocking "Three Leaf Clover" much before "Hostile Negotiation/Roman's Holiday" and "This sh*t's Cursed".

If this is too confusing please clarify I'll answer the best I can.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:50 AM

Awesome! icon14.gif I'm hoping for you to get the 23 other TBOGT missions in the list soon. There is definately one right before or after "Diamond's Are a Girl's Best Friend" obviously.

The Gaming Nerd
  • The Gaming Nerd

The God Of Gaming

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:10 AM Edited by Mainland Marauder, 30 October 2009 - 05:52 AM.

Umm at the end of the game in TBOGT you here one of the guys says now that Rasoclov is dead the stuff is now ours

I think he was talking about the Heroin that Jimmy Pegirino set up with him so this means tbogt ends just after gta iv confused.gif

rimbaud
  • rimbaud

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:52 AM

I just finished playing through GTA 4 for the fourth time recently. I'm pretty sure Packie's missions can be unlocked by doing Francis' first mission, Call & Collect. Final Interview can be done later.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

Where do you have to drive the getaway car in Three Leaf Clover to be able to run over Luis in the crosswalk? wink.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:54 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 30 October 2009 - 06:07 PM.

QUOTE (rimbaud @ Oct 30 2009, 05:52)
I just finished playing through GTA 4 for the fourth time recently. I'm pretty sure Packie's missions can be unlocked by doing Francis' first mission, Call & Collect. Final Interview can be done later.

I was looking at what the prerequisites for Packie's missions were earlier and Think you're right. There's still the order of the TLAD missions to think about aswell though.

There's a lot of other stuff that just seems to randomly happen besides Chinese Takeout though.

Maybe I should have left the Title as the Impossible Trinity. I'm not gonna give up hope though. Where there's a will there's always a way.

EDIT: I'm thinking it could work if I moved Packie's Missions in between Call and Collect and Final Interview.. It would leave a big gap in Johnny's story and IMO also mess up the flow of Niko's. It's the only way to do it though.

destructoBoi420
  • destructoBoi420

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

ur list is wrong because one of the cutscenes in the second mission of BOGT "Chineese Takeout" shows Billy Grey telling the Triads to kill Johnny Klebitz in the TLAD mission "This sh*ts Cursed", meaning "Chineese Takeout" is before "This sh*ts Cursed".

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

w00t? tbogt has only 3 missions?

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 30 2009, 17:54)
EDIT: I'm thinking it could work if I moved Packie's Missions in between Call and Collect and Final Interview.. It would leave a big gap in Johnny's story and IMO also mess up the flow of Niko's. It's the only way to do it though.

Yeah I'm thinking so too, but remember, if you do that you'll have to move up "The Snow Storm" and "Have a Heart" as well while leaving "Heavy Toll" and "Marta Full of Grace" where they are.

I don't know if you read my last post just a few posts up stating that the two assumptions we made about the drugs from HT being linked in with TSS and HAH taking place at the same time as MFOG will have to be canceled out seeing as there is no solid proof of it. If we can do that the list should still work fine.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:04 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 30 October 2009 - 11:07 PM.

QUOTE (Versityle @ Oct 30 2009, 20:26)

Yeah I'm thinking so too, but remember, if you do that you'll have to move up "The Snow Storm" and "Have a Heart" as well while leaving "Heavy Toll" and "Marta Full of Grace" where they are.

I don't know if you read my last post just a few posts up stating that the two assumptions we made about the drugs from HT being linked in with TSS and HAH taking place at the same time as MFOG will have to be canceled out seeing as there is no solid proof of it. If we can do that the list should still work fine.

I think Call and Collect only needs to be done before doing Packie's missions so Elizabetha's missions can stay where they are. I've moved Packie's missions now... It looks a bit sh*t but what can ya do.

woody242
  • woody242

English pig dog.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Jackal1337 @ Oct 30 2009, 19:53)
w00t? tbogt has only 3 missions?

No it has many, it's just I dont think M.O.B has finished it yet.

Plus TBoGT ends either just before the end of IV or just after.

As Niko has a choice on killing Dimitri and Bulgarins men say Dimitri is dead

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:35 PM

Great topic, as i'm currently playing all three stories and i'll post up my listing(i hope) in the next couple weeks.

I think i nailed down Niko and Johnny's exact order(if you look just into the serial killer's blog alone, you can get a more exact idea of how the order plays out), but now i need to add in Luis's, and i want to enjoy the game, while i do so.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ Oct 30 2009, 23:35)
Great topic, as i'm currently playing all three stories and i'll post up my listing(i hope) in the next couple weeks.

I think i nailed down Niko and Johnny's exact order(if you look just into the serial killer's blog alone, you can get a more exact idea of how the order plays out), but now i need to add in Luis's, and i want to enjoy the game, while i do so.

Eddie Low's blog only gets updated in Niko's story man so it can't be used as a tool atall.

And the reason I havent put all of the missions in yet it because I'm going to do it in stages... First get all of the missions that take place during TLAD in order and then deal with the post TLAD missions.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 30 2009, 23:04)

I think Call and Collect only needs to be done before doing Packie's missions so Elizabetha's missions can stay where they are. I've moved Packie's missions now... It looks a bit sh*t but what can ya do.

I know it sucks man, but I'm preetty sure you have to do "Have a Heart" before unlocking Packie's missions. I remember because I used to complete Photo Shoot before have a heart and both Harboring a Grudge and Hostile Negotiation would get unlocked one after the other. I think you should look into that bro.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Versityle @ Oct 30 2009, 21:07)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 30 2009, 23:04)

I know it sucks man, but I'm preetty sure you have to do "Have a Heart" before unlocking Packie's missions. I remember because I used to complete Photo Shoot before have a heart and both Harboring a Grudge and Hostile Negotiation would get unlocked one after the other. I think you should look into that bro.

I've checked the strategy guide. Packie's Missions are unlocked by finishing both "Call and Collect" and "Have a Heart". So technically, both you and MOB are right in terms of what needs to be finished.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:59 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 31 October 2009 - 07:23 PM.

I've checked the strategy guide. Packie's Missions are unlocked by finishing both "Call and Collect" and "Have a Heart". So technically, both you and MOB are right in terms of what needs to be finished.

So that means Chinese Takeout can't happen after Three Leaf Clover. I think in order to be 100% sure somebody needs to play GTA IV in the order I currently have it to see if Harboring a Grudge is unlocked by completing Call and Collect.. If not then the Timeline is f*cked. Any Volunteers??

liquidus119
  • liquidus119

King of Kings

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 31 2009, 10:59)
So that means Chinese Takeout can't happen after Three Leaf Clover. I think in order to be 100% suresomebody needs to play GTA IV in the order I currently have it to see if Harboring a Grudge is unlocked by completing Call and Collect.. If not then the Timeline is f*cked. Any Volunteers??

Wait, why does that mean it can't happen? It still seems possible, it just comes off as awkward for Niko and Johnny's story flow. Then again it's early for me and I might just be missing something big haha

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (liquidus119 @ Oct 31 2009, 13:53)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 31 2009, 10:59)
So that means Chinese Takeout can't happen after Three Leaf Clover. I think in order to be 100% suresomebody needs to play GTA IV in the order I currently have it to see if Harboring a Grudge is unlocked by completing Call and Collect.. If not then the Timeline is f*cked. Any Volunteers??

Wait, why does that mean it can't happen? It still seems possible, it just comes off as awkward for Niko and Johnny's story flow. Then again it's early for me and I might just be missing something big haha

Well Liz tells Niko after Have a Heart that the cops are about to take her down... The same thing she tells Johnny after Shifting Weight which means they happen at more or less the same time. If Have a Heart needs to be done before Harboring a Grudge then that would also mean that This sh*t's cursed (which happens after Chinese Takeout) needs to take place before Three Leaf Clover/I Luv LC

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:20 PM Edited by Magic_Al, 01 November 2009 - 12:25 AM.

I'm still very early in TBoGT yet (I take GTA real slow) but I've taken a break to plug the Chinese Takeout problem into my mission tree.

It's not looking good. At all. The chart software physically cannot put things in the right order unless we change some assumptions about TLAD's relationship to IV. The first thing that has to go is the news-story link between "This sh*t's Cursed" and "Final Interview Part 2", which I'm changing to be "This sh*t's Cursed" follows Goldberg's murder instead of being simultaneous. However, the side effect is pushing TLAD's timeline down so much that "Diamonds in the Rough" is past "Taking In the Trash". So it's a mess right now.

EDIT: working on it. I think it'll be OK.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users