116 replies to this topic
ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (shinsta312 @ Oct 23 2009, 20:07)
QUOTE (El Zilcho @ Oct 23 2009, 12:54)
Yeah not sure if anyone realised but I literally typed up everything. So far I think about noly a paragraph or so has been added. I gave permission for it to be posted again in the BoGT section as I wasn't continuing it too much but I'm not too sure that it was made clear I actually wrote about 90% of this.

It was mentioned, a bunch of times by MOB, but I don't think people were paying attention to it.

Indeed, when I reposted the NeXt index people were like 'Great job Scratch' and only a few actually knew that Jacky Fiend did 95% of the work (back when I posted it that is) even though I stated it several times.

Anyway, can't read this yet, don't want the episodes spoiled for me sad.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 23 2009, 21:34)
QUOTE (El Zilcho @ Oct 23 2009, 18:54)
Yeah not sure if anyone realised but I literally typed up everything. So far I think about noly a paragraph or so has been added. I gave permission for it to be posted again in the BoGT section as I wasn't continuing it too much but I'm not too sure that it was made clear I actually wrote about 90% of this.

I'm gonna get it to where I'll have written 90 - 100% of it... I just havent really had the time to do it lately. My intention was to create the whole topic and write all of the text but somebody suggested I just copy what El Zilcho had written in order to get it into the BOGT section more promptly. I did give you credit for what you wrote though which for everyone's information was about 60% of the text... not 90.

You should give credit correctly - for the original writnig, and for collating the information and corrections (which should have been credited by El Zilcho in the first place) and the credit should be clear and at the top of the page.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Oct 27 2009, 21:49)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 23 2009, 21:34)
QUOTE (El Zilcho @ Oct 23 2009, 18:54)

I'm gonna get it to where I'll have written 90 - 100% of it... I just havent really had the time to do it lately. My intention was to create the whole topic and write all of the text but somebody suggested I just copy what El Zilcho had written in order to get it into the BOGT section more promptly. I did give you credit for what you wrote though which for everyone's information was about 60% of the text... not 90.

You should give credit correctly - for the original writnig, and for collating the information and corrections (which should have been credited by El Zilcho in the first place) and the credit should be clear and at the top of the page.

I did all of that. I don't want any credit for this... even the stuff I wrote. It wasn't my idea and I'm not looking for praise. I just thought it needed to be moved into this section and El Zilcho gave me permission to do it on his behalf so I did.

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:17 PM

I saw the credit first time i read it MOB. icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Diesel311 @ Oct 27 2009, 22:17)
I saw the credit first time i read it MOB. icon14.gif

I'm sure many people did man. I don't know what all this is about to be honest.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:48 PM

@MOB
If you've completed TBoGT, you should update the thread now.

Case-Uh-Dilla
  • Case-Uh-Dilla

Optimus Prime's Second Cousin

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif NICELY DONE! That's actually very useful information, and in my opinion should be stickied in the GTA IV, TLAD, and the BOGT section. That way people can see how all three stories tie together, no matter what part of the game they're on. Awesome post icon14.gif And here, you get some of these too cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif and some skittles O O O O O O

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:50 PM

I've updated the Original Post with the info from TBOGT. Unfortunately it doesn't retain the Size information when I submit the post so it's all in regular sized font sad.gif how and ever... Let me know what you think or if there's anything I mesed up, left out etc.

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Nov 2 2009, 22:50)
I've updated the Original Post with the info from TBOGT. Unfortunately it doesn't retain the Size information when I submit the post so it's all in regular sized font sad.gif how and ever... Let me know what you think or if there's anything I mesed up, left out etc.

Looks great now icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:39 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 04 November 2009 - 01:43 PM.

QUOTE (LCstuntman @ Nov 2 2009, 23:12)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Nov 2 2009, 22:50)
I've updated the Original Post with the info from TBOGT. Unfortunately it doesn't retain the Size information when I submit the post so it's all in regular sized font  sad.gif   how and ever... Let me know what you think or if there's anything I mesed up, left out etc.

Looks great now icon14.gif

Thanks for the Support man It's nice to know I'm doing Something right smile.gif

EDIT: I wasn't sure about the Rocco being killed part though... It looks like him but it's probably not. Can anybody shed some light on this??

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:28 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 07 November 2009 - 12:50 PM.

It's hit page 5 so ... BUMP!!

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

While in a thread about crossovers. Someone should do a video of the diamond bust showing it from all the guys I think that'd be sweeT smile.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Laufas @ Nov 7 2009, 15:02)
While in a thread about crossovers. Someone should do a video of the diamond bust showing it from all the guys I think that'd be sweeT smile.gif

Yeah I'd be interested to see that myself. icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:35 PM

I replayed "Departure Time" and I relised that it's not Rocco that Luis shoots on the plane. I'm gonna be putting in sections on Roman Bellic and a few others in the near future... So stay tuned folks. smile.gif

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Nov 10 2009, 12:35)
I replayed "Departure Time" and I relised that it's not Rocco that Luis shoots on the plane. I'm gonna be putting in sections on Roman Bellic and a few others in the near future... So stay tuned folks. smile.gif

Thought that was pretty obvious considering Rocco works for the Ancelottis, not Bulgarin.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (KGBeast @ Nov 10 2009, 19:02)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Nov 10 2009, 12:35)
I replayed "Departure Time" and I relised that it's not Rocco that Luis shoots on the plane. I'm gonna be putting in sections on Roman Bellic and a few others in the near future... So stay tuned folks.  smile.gif

Thought that was pretty obvious considering Rocco works for the Ancelottis, not Bulgarin.

The Ancelottis and Bulgarin are in cohoots near the end.. That's why Rocco and Vince want Luis to kill Tony.

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:23 PM

I thought it was kinda like the deal Rascalov made with Petrovic: Bulgarin would stop pissing off the Ancelottis if Tony and Luis were dead (but the Ancelottis appeared to reduce it to only one head.)

I doubt it was a happy relationship.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (General Goose @ Nov 10 2009, 22:23)
I thought it was kinda like the deal Rascalov made with Petrovic: Bulgarin would stop pissing off the Ancelottis if Tony and Luis were dead (but the Ancelottis appeared to reduce it to only one head.)

I doubt it was a happy relationship.

Well The Ancellotis and the Russians (presumably Dimitri and Bulgarin) are dealing coke together near the end of Niko's story so I'd say they had a fair relationship... even if it was strictly business.

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

You know the box the cook's head was in? It was in the original intro. In this video, it was at 1:41. I swear that's the box.

Apologies if mentioned before, haven't seen it mentioned yet.

JayStarr1
  • JayStarr1

Tha Motherflippin'

• Members

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

Just got and read it now, very good and informative text.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

I know many are upset about "Heavy Toll" not being able to take place before "The Snow Storm" and I do realize that's there's many evidence supporting the fact they are connected (i.e. A.O.D, the fact that you're retrieving coke for Liz, etc.) Even GTA Wiki states that the coke in HT is "later seen in The Snow Storm". But I do believe there is reasonable doubt and there can possibly be another theory.

Perhaps Liz was already sitting on a pile of coke (as she is the biggest drug dealer in town and we know that batches of coke float around unrelated to each other) and when Jacob made the deal with the A.O.D (I think he lives quite close to one of their turfs) to sell it for her, they stole and claimed it for themselves instead (because that's what they do, they stole heroin from the Triads too) Niko goes to get it back but of course it is confiscated by Michelle. Weeks go by and Liz not having gotten her coke and realizes the A.O.D have found other means of getting some after it being stolen by Niko, she exacts her revenge and has Johnny and Malc retrieve it for her seeing how they are of rival gangs.

I'd hope it's a pretty safe theory.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (General Goose @ Nov 11 2009, 17:43)
You know the box the cook's head was in? It was in the original intro. In this video, it was at 1:41. I swear that's the box.

Apologies if mentioned before, haven't seen it mentioned yet.

Well spotted man icon14.gif

tabman123
  • tabman123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

i say cookies and a sticky

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

Maybe u make a list of all these things that would be nice to be written, people could try to support this?
Really informative, actually I only now fully understand the story of GTA IV Era, eventho' I've completed IV, TLaD and TBoGT.

Oh and yeah, cookies for you M.O.B and let's please have this sticky'd.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Nov 21 2009, 15:11)
Maybe u make a list of all these things that would be nice to be written, people could try to support this?
Really informative, actually I only now fully understand the story of GTA IV Era, eventho' I've completed IV, TLaD and TBoGT.

Oh and yeah, cookies for you M.O.B and let's please have this sticky'd.

I think I might do that soon cause I'm not getting much time at all to focus on this topic lately.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:51 PM

Apologies for the double post but I've added some sections to my original post. Sections on Brucie Kibbutz and Patrick McReary to come.

wryan10
  • wryan10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:46 AM

i've got some questions about rocco's union troubles, yusef, and destruction for beginners.

First off, do we have any proof that rocco's union problems in practice swing and bang bang are related to niko's destruction for beginners mission or is it just an assumption?

If so, I'm a bit confused.

If I'm understanding correctly in Destruction for Beginners Yusef is being blackmailed by an unknown mafia family(with a union front). When Yusef refuses to pay they go on strike. After Niko 'takes care of them' Yusef decides to build a monument in their honor and close the site down for a few days before opening it back up and presumably paying the blackmail money.

Now with Rocco we know his beef is with union leaders who are backed by the meccinas(spelling?). If Rocco is part of the Ancellottis I guess I don't understand his stake. Is he working with Yusef?(this seems unlikely).

If Rocco's union problems are unrelated to Yusef's construction site it makes sense not to explain what they are. We can look at 'bang, bang' as ending his union trouble and that's that. It may not be great storytelling, but it's a plot line that begins and ends in tbogt.

However, if they are indeed all the part of the same picture I'm wondering why Rocco(a mobster) is pissed that other mobsters are striking at yusef's site. Is Rocco bidding for the work? Is Rocco somehow making money off Yusef not being blackmailed?

...maybe I'm just missing something obvious...any thoughts>?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (wryan10 @ Dec 1 2009, 05:46)
i've got some questions about rocco's union troubles, yusef, and destruction for beginners.

First off, do we have any proof that rocco's union problems in practice swing and bang bang are related to niko's destruction for beginners mission or is it just an assumption?

If I'm understanding correctly in Destruction for Beginners Yusef is being blackmailed by an unknown mafia family(with a union front).  When Yusef refuses to pay they go on strike. After Niko 'takes care of them' Yusef decides to build a monument in their honor and close the site down for a few days before opening it back up and presumably paying the blackmail money.

Now with Rocco we know his beef is with union leaders who are backed by the meccinas(spelling?).  If Rocco is part of the Ancellottis I guess I don't understand his stake.  Is he working with Yusef?(this seems unlikely).

If Rocco's union problems are unrelated to Yusef's construction site it makes sense not to explain what they are.  We can look at 'bang, bang' as ending his union trouble and that's that.  It may not be great storytelling, but it's a plot line that begins and ends in tbogt.

However, if they are indeed all the part of the same picture I'm wondering why Rocco(a mobster) is pissed that other mobsters are striking at yusef's site.  Is Rocco bidding for the work?  Is Rocco somehow making money off Yusef not being blackmailed?

It's mainly based on assuption but It's highly likely and there's really no evidence to suggest that Rocco and Yusuf's Union troubles aren't related. As far as Rocco working for Yusuf.. No he's not. Rocco wants control of Construction contracts that the Messinas have, one of these likely being the one for the construction on Yusuf's Skyscraper. Then when Rocco muscles the Union leader he has Luis shut down the The Messinas operation by halting construction on the street with the crane and killing two influencial men who have a big part to play in the contracts being signed over. If Yusuf's site were indeed under construction by the same construction company that the Messinas controlled then work on the site would no doubt cease as the workers would refuse to work under the dangerous circumstances.

ImperialLiberty
  • ImperialLiberty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:17 PM

I had a similar question like Ryan; it seems in TBOGT, Yusef doesn't really speak about his trouble with the Mafia at all and toward the end of the game, Luis meets Yusef at the supposed memorial for a mission. If the Messinas were in driven out of their Union ties, that can expalin Yusef returning to the site but the game didn't really explain that to much.

wryan10
  • wryan10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Dec 1 2009, 14:58)
QUOTE (wryan10 @ Dec 1 2009, 05:46)

If I'm understanding correctly in Destruction for Beginners Yusef is being blackmailed by an unknown mafia family(with a union front).  When Yusef refuses to pay they go on strike. After Niko 'takes care of them' Yusef decides to build a monument in their honor and close the site down for a few days before opening it back up and presumably paying the blackmail money.

Now with Rocco we know his beef is with union leaders who are backed by the meccinas(spelling?).  If Rocco is part of the Ancellottis I guess I don't understand his stake.  Is he working with Yusef?(this seems unlikely).

If Rocco's union problems are unrelated to Yusef's construction site it makes sense not to explain what they are.  We can look at 'bang, bang' as ending his union trouble and that's that.  It may not be great storytelling, but it's a plot line that begins and ends in tbogt.

However, if they are indeed all the part of the same picture I'm wondering why Rocco(a mobster) is pissed that other mobsters are striking at yusef's site.  Is Rocco bidding for the work?  Is Rocco somehow making money off Yusef not being blackmailed?

It's mainly based on assuption but It's highly likely and there's really no evidence to suggest that Rocco and Yusuf's Union troubles aren't related. As far as Rocco working for Yusuf.. No he's not. Rocco wants control of Construction contracts that the Messinas have, one of these likely being the one for the construction on Yusuf's Skyscraper. Then when Rocco muscles the Union leader he has Luis shut down the The Messinas operation by halting construction on the street with the crane and killing two influencial men who have a big part to play in the contracts being signed over. If Yusuf's site were indeed under construction by the same construction company that the Messinas controlled then work on the site would no doubt cease as the workers would refuse to work under the dangerous circumstances.

hmm that makes sense.

So the union related Messinas stop working- Niko kills the rest of their bosses-Yusef builds a memorial for them-and hires somebody else(rocco/ancelotti union) to do the work because their are no more messinas left.

That would explain why later in tbogt yusef mentions how union/mafia troubles just seem to take care of themselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users