TBoGT Soundtrack discussion thread

283 replies to this topic
Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:29 AM

I think my cost theory holds up when you look at EFLC's sales. Only 5% of GTA IV for the 360. It's a good thing they only paid for 48 more songs.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Restelo94 @ Nov 7 2009, 10:24)
Great work, are some RamJam songs on Massive B and some Self-Actualization songs on Journey?

I've checked and unfortunately, the songs aren't on those stations.

Restelo94
  • Restelo94

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (shinsta312 @ Nov 10 2009, 19:10)
QUOTE (Restelo94 @ Nov 7 2009, 10:24)
Great work, are some RamJam songs on Massive B and some Self-Actualization songs on Journey?

I've checked and unfortunately, the songs aren't on those stations.

Oh, confused.gif

Thanks for clearing that up though icon14.gif

Krkr
  • Krkr

100% Kosher Beef!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

I often put on "Vladivostok" but never hear "Pjanoo".

Do you need EFLC for it?

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Krkr @ Nov 14 2009, 17:29)

Do you need EFLC for it?

I got EFLC but I never hear it either. Instead "David Morales (feat. Lea-Lorien) - How Would U Feel" is always playing everytime I put on Vladivostok.

Faledak
  • Faledak

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

No you dont need EFLC to get it on radio, i have both DLC and its playing on my radio it usually plays around the time when clubs are open 21:00-06:00

Restelo94
  • Restelo94

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:31 PM

Question:

On the TBOGT DLC

are the original ElectroChoc songs still there?

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Krkr @ Nov 14 2009, 16:29)

Do you need EFLC for it?

No, I have the DLC but still hear it occasionally.

Faledak
  • Faledak

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Restelo94 @ Nov 14 2009, 22:31)
Question:

On the TBOGT DLC

Yes

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

Large, metallic bridge structure carrying cars across water.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

Can I request a rectification to the first post? According to Zit, it's "Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (Club Mix)", rather than the normal mix that's in game.

Youtube link

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:53 AM

Question:

On the TBOGT DLC

Yep, and boy am I happy when Francois K comes back on, Electrochoc was brilliant in GTA IV compared to the mess of a station it is in TBOGT. Same goes for Vladivostok, Eastern Europe Pop station in GTA IV, UK Dance Station in TBOGT. Having it on DLC just makes it awkward when doing mission in the day and I feel like kicking back to some generic dance tunes whilst doing missions only to have it cut off and have the normal Vladivostok come back and throws the whole vibe off. These should of been extra stations, what's the point in adding content to a station if it doesn't match the original content at all? It feels like Rockstar rushed the soundtrack this time around.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 15 2009, 02:53)
Yep, and boy am I happy when Francois K comes back on, Electrochoc was brilliant in GTA IV compared to the mess of a station it is in TBOGT. Same goes for Vladivostok, Eastern Europe Pop station in GTA IV, UK Dance Station in TBOGT. Having it on DLC just makes it awkward when doing mission in the day and I feel like kicking back to some generic dance tunes whilst doing missions only to have it cut off and have the normal Vladivostok come back and throws the whole vibe off. These should of been extra stations, what's the point in adding content to a station if it doesn't match the original content at all? It feels like Rockstar rushed the soundtrack this time around.

Dude you're right I didn't even realize how awkward it would be for DLC people. I have EFLC so I don't get old Vladivostok, but damn that must be a pretty big turn off to hear Eric Prydz and then it switches to that "Eins Zwei Drei, Shikki Shikki Shai" song.

I don't think they rushed the soundtrack, I think they just got confused.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Cilogy @ Nov 15 2009, 00:22)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 15 2009, 02:53)

Dude you're right I didn't even realize how awkward it would be for DLC people. I have EFLC so I don't get old Vladivostok, but damn that must be a pretty big turn off to hear Eric Prydz and then it switches to that "Eins Zwei Drei, Shikki Shikki Shai" song.

I don't think they rushed the soundtrack, I think they just got confused.

I think the awkward genre combinations from DLC radio updates are due to technical and practical constraints. There are no new stations in DLC because R* wants you to have the extra music in the original game without altering the original game code. Adding new stations would require updating the station selection menu and ideally Niko would need new lines recorded to able to ask a taxi driver for that station. Adding content to existing stations doesn't require as much tinkering.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

I think I found Crookers feat. Solo - Bad Men hiding here. Says "may not even be released due to the fact that is was apparently mad exclusively for a video game!" Gee, which one!

Darth Andrew
  • Darth Andrew

The Legend

• Members

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

I have some questions:

In the EfLC version of TBoFT, does TLaD music also appear in TBoGT, or does it stay in TLaD? Is it at all possible for the old GTA IV music to appear in the EfLC version of TBoGT (such as installing IV to the hard drive, etc)?

BGModder
  • BGModder

Lola's Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:49 AM

I know The Beat is in the TLAD soundtack thread, but B.O.B. "Autotune" and John Legend "Green Light" were pure garbage and didn't belong on The Beat.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (BGModder @ Nov 24 2009, 00:49)
I know The Beat is in the TLAD soundtack thread, but B.O.B. "Autotune" and John Legend "Green Light" were pure garbage and didn't belong on The Beat.

Autotune is a joke song, meant to mock certain artists out there who heavily use it.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:22 AM

I actually feel "Green Light" and Akon's "Dangerous" for GTA. I neither digg 'em as "hip-hop" but they are good for BoGT.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Darth Andrew @ Nov 23 2009, 17:00)
I have some questions:

In the EfLC version of TBoFT, does TLaD music also appear in TBoGT, or does it stay in TLaD? Is it at all possible for the old GTA IV music to appear in the EfLC version of TBoGT (such as installing IV to the hard drive, etc)?

TLAD music does appear in TBoGT and vice versa in EFLC.

And no, it's not possible to have the old GTA IV music in EFLC. In order to listen to the original tracks in addition to the updated tracks, you would have to get the DLCs.

BGModder
  • BGModder

Lola's Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 23 2009, 22:22)
QUOTE (BGModder @ Nov 24 2009, 00:49)

Autotune is a joke song, meant to mock certain artists out there who heavily use it.

I know, but it sucks having to listen to it over and over again when I'm trying to listen to a hip-hop station.

I actually feel "Green Light" and Akon's "Dangerous" for GTA. I neither digg 'em as "hip-hop" but they are good for BoGT.

I agree that they fit with the game but their is no room for it on the hip-hop station. I think "Dangerous" can pass for a hip-hop song but "Green Light" just screams "Play me at your next cocktail party". Not exactly what hip-hop is all about.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

I've been gone for a while, but I've finally got the YouTube link for "Boxer".

It's not the official version, just a rip from TBoGT, but it's better than nothing.

Enjoy. turn.gif

Lancer1990
  • Lancer1990

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

New Music on Vladivostok is just win! biggrin.gif

LovelyKirby
  • LovelyKirby

a

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:25 AM

Please upload Self-Actualization FM & RAMJAM FM image's
I don't have EFLC. plz upload Radio Station Icon's!

Moss27
  • Moss27

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:15 AM

I gotta say, the music in Maisonette 9 is awesome. It sucks that some of the songs there (Animal, Put your hands on me) are mixed specifically for the game and can't be found online at this point.

I found a good remix of Animal even though it is different from the game remix, it's about as good as we can get to a club version right now.

I noticed the guy who uploaded Boxer to youtube was able to remove the Crookers yelling through the song. Is it possible for someone to be able to get the entire Maisonatte 9 remix and remove the "Maiiiiiiisonettttttttte...numberrrr 9..." and all that from it? It would be amazing to have the continuous loop of the club tracks like that.

Restelo94
  • Restelo94

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

I love "Jump Up" by Major Lazer but I can't find lyrics ANYWHERE sad.gif

I also can't find somehow to contact Major Lazer or his record label for the lyrics
(don't say twitter 'cause he wont be able to fit it it in 140 characters)

Also, I'm sorry that this doesn't exactly fit with the soundtrack as a whole but its better than a whole topic right?

Pizza is good
  • Pizza is good

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 14 2009, 20:53)
Question:

On the TBOGT DLC

I disagree about ElectroChoc being a "mess of a station" and Vladivostok being bad as well because it's a UK Dance station in TBoGT. I actually like both stations more in TBoGT, really brings out the whole club vibe. And I love how they play real dance music now in ElectroChoc, not this "electro" or "dance rock" stuff they played in vanilla GTA IV. EC was still good though, but not what I would have preferred to hear. And allthough I enjoyed the Eastern-European music in vanilla Vladivostok and don't think it makes much sense playing music in TBoGT that's completely different than before, the updated songs are awesome.

I'm telling you sometimes when I would listen to ElectroChoc on GTA IV I would sometimes be like "Man, I wish this station played actual techno/dance music and not this." Back before GTA IV released I heard some previews for the radio stations and right then and there I was already being disappointed with ElectroChoc. But it's better now, thank goodness. biggrin.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (Pizza is good @ Dec 9 2009, 02:53)
Question:

On the TBOGT DLC

I disagree about ElectroChoc being a "mess of a station" and Vladivostok being bad as well because it's a UK Dance station in TBoGT. I actually like both stations more in TBoGT, really brings out the whole club vibe. And I love how they play real dance music now in ElectroChoc, not this "electro" or "dance rock" stuff they played in vanilla GTA IV. EC was still good though, but not what I would have preferred to hear. And allthough I enjoyed the Eastern-European music in vanilla Vladivostok and don't think it makes much sense playing music in TBoGT that's completely different than before, the updated songs are awesome.

I'm telling you sometimes when I would listen to ElectroChoc on GTA IV I would sometimes be like "Man, I wish this station played actual techno/dance music and not this." Back before GTA IV released I heard some previews for the radio stations and right then and there I was already being disappointed with ElectroChoc. But it's better now, thank goodness. biggrin.gif

/Opinion

That's it really, to me, I prefer the Electronica and House side of things, and on a station called ELECTROCHOC, I think it fits more. Same for Vladivostok FM, station ID and market suits the Eastern Europe Pop station it was, doesn't fit in with Generic UK Dance Station.

To me, these stations have been anally raped in TBOGT. To go from the cool sounds of Electochoc with Francois K being all smooth and smart to DEEEEEEEEEE JAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY CRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKEEEEERRRRRS YA YA YA YA *Airhorn* JUMP UP JUMP UP JUMP UP BRAH, is just really off putting.

Not saying it shouldn't be in the game, yes, it fits with the club vibe, but they should of been different stations.

Pizza is good
  • Pizza is good

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Dec 9 2009, 01:32)
QUOTE (Pizza is good @ Dec 9 2009, 02:53)
Question:

On the TBOGT DLC

/Opinion

That's it really, to me, I prefer the Electronica and House side of things, and on a station called ELECTROCHOC, I think it fits more. Same for Vladivostok FM, station ID and market suits the Eastern Europe Pop station it was, doesn't fit in with Generic UK Dance Station.

To me, these stations have been anally raped in TBOGT. To go from the cool sounds of Electochoc with Francois K being all smooth and smart to DEEEEEEEEEE JAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY CRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKEEEEERRRRRS YA YA YA YA *Airhorn* JUMP UP JUMP UP JUMP UP BRAH, is just really off putting.

Not saying it shouldn't be in the game, yes, it fits with the club vibe, but they should of been different stations.

Not sure why you put "/Opinion" in there since my post wasn't the "Blah blah blah, FACT." type of post but alright. It was obvious it was an opinion. confused.gif

... anyway I do agree that the updated Vladivostok songs should have been in a new station or something, since it's weird listening to British dance music on a station named "Vladivostok FM". It also doesn't make sense listening to English music in the same station as Russian music. But I have the EFLC version so the only weird part is the station name discrepancy but I do see where you're coming from. It's strange too since vanilla Vladivostok FM played more than just dance music, with some rock/rap/pop music thrown in there. Awkward for it turning into an all-dance station in Gay Tony.

And I don't even really like that "Jump Up" Major Lazer song anyway, it's got to be my least-favorite song on ElectroChoc, and it always seems to be playing for some reason. Did R* not fix that radio bug where the same song always happens to be playing like in vanilla GTA IV where "Top Down" played on The Beat all the f*cking time? Vladivostok also has this problem and it always plays that "How Would U Feel?" song.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:13 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 10 December 2009 - 01:16 AM.

They really should've implimented an option in the pause menu where you could exclude certain songs on the playlist of each radio station i.e. DJ Paul's tracks on Vladivostok in Niko's Story and Ruslana's in Luis story etc. That way people wouldn't be forced to listen to songs that they don't like/ruin the vibe of the story.

Restelo94
  • Restelo94

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

Sorry for bumping, but I was wondering if I could get lyrics for "Jump up" by Major Lazer? I can't find it anywhere sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users