Photo

GTA IV Spawn a Romero Hearse

7 replies to this topic
murky1
  • murky1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:39 AM

Hiya, just wondering if anyone has managed to spawn a Romero Hearse in GTA IV? (while not actually driving one)

I did it about an hour ago.. *Lucky me*

What happened was I jacked the hearse straight after the mission you drive it in. (no spoiler) Then I took it directly to the safehouse you get at the start of the game in Hove Beach, Broker and parked it up in the residents only parking area. I had a Comet and Romans Taxi parked there so I thought I'd better move the Comet to another safe house. I took off in the Comet over Broker Bridge towards Algonquin and about two thirds the way across the bridge I passed a Romero Hearse so I immediately jacked it and took it back to the Hove Beach safe house. So now I have two Romero's parked there. (Sweet Az)

Pity I lost the Comet but luckily I have another one stored up at the Northwood safehouse. All in all I reckon swapping a Comet for a hearse is a pretty good deal.

So what I want to know is spawning a Romero without actually being in one at the time a rare occurrence? Granted I had just been driving a Romero a minute or so ago and had it parked up at the safehouse, but I was in the Comet when I first saw the Romero on the bridge

One more question... If I go cruising in one of my hearses how likely am I to see another one on the road?

I hope all this isn't lame as I'm new to GTA and can find hardly info on the interweb about spawning a hearse in GTA IV. As far as I can see from what I have read nobody seems to have spawned a hearse. It seems the only way you can get one is to jack it straight after the mission it is used in.

Anyway I'd appreciate any replies and tomorrow I'm going for a cruze in a hearse to see what happens. In fact I think I'll take Kate out on a date in it. Seeing as how her recently departed brother was just in the back of it. *LOL* Pretty morbid stuff. Hope she doesn't freak and dump me.

See ya!! :-)

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:00 AM

Yes, Romero's showing up in the city, outside of the mission you use it on, is very rare and i've never seen one. Ya when you drive a certain car it appears more often (something I wish R* would change). So you dropped it off at the safe house then the effect of being in a car was still on and in showed up on the freeway.

skateordie985
  • skateordie985

New account: LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:44 AM Edited by skateordie985, 21 October 2009 - 06:40 AM.

The only vehicles that you can spawn by cheat codes are:

359-555-0100/ Spawn an Annihiliator (Helicopter)
938-555-0100/ Spawn a Jetmax (Boat)
625-555-0100/ Spawn an NRG-900 (Sports Bike)
625-555-0150/ Spawn a Sanchez (Dirt Bike)
227-555-0100/ Spawn an FIB Buffalo (Car)
227-555-0175/ Spawn a Comet (Sports Car)
227-555-0147/ Spawn a Turismo (Sports Car)
227-555-0142/ Spawn a Cognoscenti (Car)
227-555-0168/ Spawn a SuperGT (Sports Car)

Enter the number of the vehicle you want into the phone and it will magically appear.

BTW Welcome to the forums.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:55 AM

Hard to believe Rockstar didn't hide a lot more phone number cheat code in the game. I suppose by now somebody must have done a lot of wardialing to find out, lol.

stinomontana
  • stinomontana

contract chiller

• Members

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:51 AM Edited by stinomontana, 21 October 2009 - 10:29 AM.

they should off made the hearse spawn at the cemetary
or atleast give it a cheatcode

murky1
  • murky1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:28 AM Edited by murky1, 21 October 2009 - 10:37 AM.

Firstly many thanks for the welcome and info guys.

Funny you should mention that it should spawn at the cemetary as this morning before I had to go to work that's exactly where I went in the hearse. I figured if it would spawn that's where it would be. (Also a chance to see if I could find the Francis McReary's headstone. Which I didn't find. I'll have a better look later) Anyway sadly no hearse as you probably already guessed and not one to be seen while cruising to the cemetary. It was night time in game and all it did was pour down with rain and there was some psychic stuff on the radio. All pretty spooky stuff that reminded me of that other Rockstar game, Manhunt (Uncut)... I gotta go play that again on my PSP...

So anyway I thought I'd better take the Romero back to the Hove Beach safehouse. I did that and jumped out then turned around and low and behold there's a Romero just crashed into a taxi right on the corner of where the restaurant by the Hove Beach safehouse is. I didn't grab it as I had to get to work so no time to take it to another safehouse.

It seems to me if you have one, take it for a spin, take it to a safehouse, hop out and keep your eyes peeled. you've got a good chance of scoring one. Either that or I have just been extreamly lucky.

I'm gonna take Kate out on a morbid date tonight.. I wonder what will happen.

Ohhh one other thing.. I jacked the pink Feltzer in the mission where you gotta kidnap Gracie. The dude was off to dump it after I dropped her at the McReary's safehouse. I ran/drove after him. It was really hard to jack as the dude was determined to get away. Anyway as I was jumping in the car and the dude was walking away he says "This is pretty stupid". I hope I haven't done the wrong thing as the Feltzer was supposed to get dumped. Anyone know anything about this? Perhaps I'm paranoid...

Cheers

Gobbledygook
  • Gobbledygook

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by Gobbledygook, 19 October 2013 - 07:30 PM.

I dunno why somebody should seek this "Romero"... but anyway I read by accident, that it's a very rare car... and decided to got it just for fun, after the Fransis's funeral. 
After that, I did so: met that raper, Pathos, on the main street of Algonquin, and drove him to the hospital - all that using Romero's car.
Then I left Romero's at apartment in Algonquin, saved the game, and drove to the first Roman's apartment (just like the starter of this topic). There I left Romero on the parking lot, and immediately ran to Police Car, which is always parked not far from this place on that same street. I checked for the criminals to kill through the police computer, there was one last for me - in the South Bohan, near another apartment. I drove there, killed guy in a short struggle, collected the money from his body, and 10 seconds later my eyes fell on another Romero exactly on the place, where I shot that guy.... pretty much the same situation, as in the first post of that topic.

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

The fact that the Romero is probably the rarest vehicle in GTA IV (along with the Police Stockade), it is ironic because you would expect the need for lots of hearses. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users