Photo

Official MMA Topic.

429 replies to this topic
BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by BlackAce23, 6 days ago.

I can't stand guys like that in MMA. It's like if your ass can't ever make the weight limit then move up one.

Some may say its cheating when someguys cut LOADS of weight but the only person that they are cheating are themselves by draining & depleting themselves to a point where they are on the brink of death, its not healthy. Rumble used to do this sh*t all the time but wised up and stuck to a more natural weight class which some of the curremt fighters need to do.

The only occasion where you would be at a huge disadvantage is if its a LHW vs a Large HW although there are those rare breed of guys like Fedor(small heavyweight) who are capable of beating large guys.

ILAK
  • ILAK

I'M A DADDY

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

JDS beat Stipe. Some are saying Stipe won but I had it 48-47 for JDS. Stipe the first two JDS 3,4 and 5. 5 was close though.

Nate Diaz got embarassed which was awesome. Especially since he came in 5 pounds overweight. The guy lives 45 minutes south of me But I cant stand the Diaz Bros. 

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Yeah JDS won but it should've been scored as 49-48, it was alot closer and overall it was a great fight.

That fight between Dos Anjos and Diaz was brutual to watch. Every kick sounded like a batter hitting a fast pitch, hes tough as nails for not giving up.

Man I can't wait for that Jones vs Cormier fight. Cormier is gonna definitely give Jones problems with his grappling but Jones is more versatile & battle tested then DC. I feel that either can win both this fan and im a Jones fan.

NickDiaz209
  • NickDiaz209

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

JDS beat Stipe. Some are saying Stipe won but I had it 48-47 for JDS. Stipe the first two JDS 3,4 and 5. 5 was close though.

Nate Diaz got embarassed which was awesome. Especially since he came in 5 pounds overweight. The guy lives 45 minutes south of me But I cant stand the Diaz Bros.

He lives about two blocks away from me. What area you from? I will always root for the Diaz bros. Worst performance ever by Nate though. I really think his heart is not in it anymore
  • ILAK likes this

ILAK
  • ILAK

I'M A DADDY

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by ILAK, A day ago.

He lives about two blocks away from me. What area you from? I will always root for the Diaz bros. Worst performance ever by Nate though. I really think his heart is not in it anymore

I am up in the Marysville/Yuba City area. So a little more than 45 minutes I guess. More like an hour or so.

I have wanted to root for the Diaz bros for ever but I just cant root for their fighting styles. Their trash talk in the cage just annoys me so much. After the fights they are pretty classy though. Even after this last fight Right when the bell rang at the end Diaz was being a little bit classless but after he cooled down for a minute he was congradulating RDA a lot. Nick did it in the St. Pierre fight also even raising St. Pierre's hand.

Its just their way of getting in the heads of their opponents.

And It seems like they dont think before they act a lot. Nick saying the stuff about Taxes and everythign after that one fight was pretty bad.

But watchign Nate in the TUF house made me like him a little bit. HE was probobly my favorite fighter on that season.

You ever go to any of the events around here? I go to all the UFC events around here when they come here. I went to UFC on Fox 9 a year ago in Sac, UFC fight night in San Jose back in July (The Matt Brown vs Robbie Lawler card), and UFC 177 in August.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 hours ago

Is anyone going to watch the UFC Fight Machida vs Dollaway card this weekend? Any predictions?

ILAK
  • ILAK

I'M A DADDY

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 hours ago

Machida over Dolloway

Barao over Gagnon

Carlos Junior over Cummins

Magomedov over Silverio (guess)

Rhodes over Silva

Sarafian over Dos Santos

Elkins over Dias

The rest I have no clue.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 8 hours ago

This card is pretty one sided to even want to watch but i might tune in, ILAK whats your whole take on this Lawsuit situation betweens the fighters & the company?

ILAK
  • ILAK

I'M A DADDY

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 5 hours ago

I have no opinion on it really. I watch the UFC for the fights and try t o stay away with all the political bullsh*t.

For what its worth Dana White does seem like a piece of sh*t and for how much he makes it seems like the fighters dont get enough.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 hours ago

I have no opinion on it really. I watch the UFC for the fights and try t o stay away with all the political bullsh*t.

For what its worth Dana White does seem like a piece of sh*t and for how much he makes it seems like the fighters dont get enough.

Yeah i also try to stay away from the politics but since i got bleacher report(app)& watch the mma show on fox sports, this sh*t pretty much gets shoved down my throat daily.

Dana is a greedy SOB though who's stingy with the payouts but in the end these guys choose to work for him so it is what it is even though i don't agree with how things are. Only a very few fighters make the top dollar while most don't but they do make money in other ways.

I guess when it comes down to DW, its all about how marketable & charismatic you are that determines who will make the big money, hopefully someday these guys will do something about it and get a more fairer payout then what they receive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users