Official MMA Topic.

280 replies to this topic
ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think Woodley, if given the opportunity, could take Hendricks. Woodley looks like a beast right now.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I respectfully disagree :p

I honestly don't even think Woodley's that great of a fighter. He lost to Shields two fights ago, and got KTFO by Nate Marquardt two fights before that. He looked decent against Condit, but we barely got to see anything (like his lack of endurance). Put him in a five rounder against Condit, Hendricks or Lawler and I think Woodley would be in all kinds of trouble once he gasses out, or maybe even before that if he were fighting Hendricks or Lawler. They've got the power to put Woodley to sleep early while Condit would most likely have to wait for Woodley to get tired.

• TheBeard likes this

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Idk, Maybe I'm just on the Hype. It wouldn't be the first time. :p

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I just think Woodley vs. Condit in a three rounder is a bad matchup for Condit because he has zero takedown defense and not enough power to KO a fresh Woodley, so he'd pretty much have to beat Woodley the same way he beat Rory MacDonald by waiting until they get into deep waters and beating him with his stamina and pressure.

I honestly think Woodley would be no match for Condit in a five rounder. As soon as Woodley slows down a bit it'd be all over for him IMO.

TheBeard
  • TheBeard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by TheBeard, 4 weeks ago.

Agree with you w3. I think woodley gets the next shot though because of lack of options. Woodley reminds me of the wrestling version of Melvin gulliard. If you can get him tired he's done for. Ilak I give woodley a punchers chance. His speed would probably work against Hendricks but I don't think he could keep up after 2 rounds.

Condit has a torn acl and Hendricks has a torn bicep.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by W3BB13, 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, terrible news for Condit.

I don't see Woodley getting the next title shot. I think Rory will get the shot while Woodley will be matched up with Lombard, at least that's how I feel it should be. Woodley definitely doesn't deserve a title shot more than Rory Mac, even though Rory's only won a single fight since he lost to Lawler. I don't even really consider Woodley's "win" over Condit much of a win. Either way, Hendricks is injured and won't be able to fight again for a while anyways, so it's hard to say what will happen.

Also, I think Hendricks would wreck Woodley from the get go. Other than speed I don't see any advantage for Woodley.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

shovhendo.gif

TheBeard
  • TheBeard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I thought Dan was done for. I hope when I'm 43 I can hit that hard.

Lombard vs woodley could be a good fight. I was disappointed Lombard didn't try to finish shields.

I was on the Rory McDonald hype train until the ellenberger(sp) fight. Didn't get to see him vs Maia.
He might get the title shot so the ufc can push a Canadian star in gsp's absence.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

So Shields cut from UFC. What are your guys feelings on this?

TheBeard
  • TheBeard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I never liked him. Watched him fight mayhem miller in his last strike force fight. Miller picked him apart while standing. He just couldn't stop a takedown. If your a lay n pray guy you have to win to stay around.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Yeah, I'm okay with Shields being cut mainly because he bores the f*ck out of me.

That said, I think he's definitely skilled enough to be in the UFC unlike a lot of other members on the roster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users