Official MMA Topic.

290 replies to this topic
ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

I think Woodley, if given the opportunity, could take Hendricks. Woodley looks like a beast right now.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

I respectfully disagree :p

I honestly don't even think Woodley's that great of a fighter. He lost to Shields two fights ago, and got KTFO by Nate Marquardt two fights before that. He looked decent against Condit, but we barely got to see anything (like his lack of endurance). Put him in a five rounder against Condit, Hendricks or Lawler and I think Woodley would be in all kinds of trouble once he gasses out, or maybe even before that if he were fighting Hendricks or Lawler. They've got the power to put Woodley to sleep early while Condit would most likely have to wait for Woodley to get tired.

• TheBeard likes this

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

Idk, Maybe I'm just on the Hype. It wouldn't be the first time. :p

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

I just think Woodley vs. Condit in a three rounder is a bad matchup for Condit because he has zero takedown defense and not enough power to KO a fresh Woodley, so he'd pretty much have to beat Woodley the same way he beat Rory MacDonald by waiting until they get into deep waters and beating him with his stamina and pressure.

I honestly think Woodley would be no match for Condit in a five rounder. As soon as Woodley slows down a bit it'd be all over for him IMO.

TheBeard
  • TheBeard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by TheBeard, 20 March 2014 - 03:08 PM.

Agree with you w3. I think woodley gets the next shot though because of lack of options. Woodley reminds me of the wrestling version of Melvin gulliard. If you can get him tired he's done for. Ilak I give woodley a punchers chance. His speed would probably work against Hendricks but I don't think he could keep up after 2 rounds.

Condit has a torn acl and Hendricks has a torn bicep.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by W3BB13, 20 March 2014 - 11:37 PM.

Yeah, terrible news for Condit.

I don't see Woodley getting the next title shot. I think Rory will get the shot while Woodley will be matched up with Lombard, at least that's how I feel it should be. Woodley definitely doesn't deserve a title shot more than Rory Mac, even though Rory's only won a single fight since he lost to Lawler. I don't even really consider Woodley's "win" over Condit much of a win. Either way, Hendricks is injured and won't be able to fight again for a while anyways, so it's hard to say what will happen.

Also, I think Hendricks would wreck Woodley from the get go. Other than speed I don't see any advantage for Woodley.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

shovhendo.gif

TheBeard
  • TheBeard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

I thought Dan was done for. I hope when I'm 43 I can hit that hard.

Lombard vs woodley could be a good fight. I was disappointed Lombard didn't try to finish shields.

I was on the Rory McDonald hype train until the ellenberger(sp) fight. Didn't get to see him vs Maia.
He might get the title shot so the ufc can push a Canadian star in gsp's absence.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

So Shields cut from UFC. What are your guys feelings on this?

TheBeard
  • TheBeard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

I never liked him. Watched him fight mayhem miller in his last strike force fight. Miller picked him apart while standing. He just couldn't stop a takedown. If your a lay n pray guy you have to win to stay around.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Yeah, I'm okay with Shields being cut mainly because he bores the f*ck out of me.

That said, I think he's definitely skilled enough to be in the UFC unlike a lot of other members on the roster.

Dan Cooper
  • Dan Cooper

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

859326298.gif?w=650

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

She f*cked her up. I'm not a fan of Rousey but she is f*cking good.

Dillashaw vs Barao II in Sacramento in August! Im goin to another one!

TheBeard
  • TheBeard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

She f*cked her up. I'm not a fan of Rousey but she is f*cking good.

Dillashaw vs Barao II in Sacramento in August! Im goin to another one!

Should be a good fight. I think barao underestimated dillashaw the first time.

If machida would fight all his fights the way he fought in the 4th and 5th round he would be much more fun to watch.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Barao May have underestimated Dillashaw, But you don't get an ass kicking like that just because you underestimate someone. Dillashaw Dominated from Start to finish and looked great. Plus it will be much more difficult winning in Dillashaws hometown. The Fans will be behind TJ 100%. It will be tough for Barao in hostile Territory.

Machida looked a lot better in rounds 4&5. But I still gave round 5 to Weidman.

49-46 Weidman.

TheBeard
  • TheBeard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah I think dillashaw will win again but this time will be more competive.

Also scored machida weidman 49-46. I just think machida should let his hands go more than he usually does.

Did you watch the TUF finally? BJ looked completely out of it before the fight even started. I thought Edgar would win but I wanted to see BJ at least challenge him.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yea I Watched the 2 TUF Championships and then the Penn Edgar Fight.

You could tell BJ wasnt all there yesterday. He even admitted after the fight that he shouldnt have fought that night. He knows his Career is over. I dont think he wants it to be but he knows he is way past his Prime.

TheBeard
  • TheBeard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Corey Anderson reminded me of Rampage in the 205lb fight.
I'm looking forward to the cerrone vs miller fight on the 16th. I'm a fan of the cowboy.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 hours ago

I went to "UFC on Fox 12" last Saturday in San Jose. Pretty Awesome.

Met Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann and the rest of the UFC on Fox crew. Even got a pic with Stann.

mtl2ew.jpg

TheBeard
  • TheBeard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 hours ago

That's awesome man. I like Stann. I remember watching him win the LHW belt in WEC. It was a good night of fights. Surprised brown and lawler went to a decision. I thought Thompson would have been a little more aggressive against green.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted An hour ago

yea. I was a bit surprised as well. It was a good night of fights though.

Ill tell you what its tough rooting for Bobby Green when your in Thomsons Hometown. I was having to keep it a bit quiet when they read the decision.

The only fight I was disappointed with was the Cruikshank-Masvidal fight.  I was hoping for a Cruikshank Head kick KO.

But Bermudez won, and Rumble won. And I really didn't care too much about the main event was just hoping for a good fight sine I like both Lawler and Brown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users