» «
Photo

Need For Speed: San Fierro

14 replies to this topic
Glenstorm
  • Glenstorm

Strive to be different

• Members

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:55 PM Edited by Glenstorm, 18 October 2009 - 06:53 AM.

Need For Speed: San Fierro v0.5

Introduction

Need For Speed: San Fierro is a mod that makes San Fierro come alive with race cars during the night. This mod is not planned to be one script, rather, a collection of scripts with the same theme. This mod make use of the tunable cars present in San Andreas, that normally seems to have no function except for cruising around.

Details

This mod creates tuned cars racing with each other in San Fierro during the night. Currently there is only one race which cycles through the night, but more races are planned in the final version of THIS script (will be released within a couple of weeks, when I get free time again).

The current race starts near the top of the winding walkway in Calton Heights and ends near Jizzy's club.

How-to

There are two versions of this script, one which show markers on the radar for the cars and another with no markers. Markers allow easy finding of the cars, but however, if you do not want them to appear on the radar, you can change that with the no-marker version.

Choose which script is to your liking and put the respective script in the CLEO folder

Extras

I recommend using Spy3D's car mods as that brings in cars from NFS:MW to San Andreas. It is not required for the script, but it would make good eye candy. My street cars are replaced with Spy3D's ones, so those are the cars shown in the pictures.

Coming Up

This is not the end of this mod, more varied scripts are in the making, including one that spawns race cars in the traffic (not racing) during the day; and one which introduces a variety of different street races to San Andreas (with tuned vehicles). To be honest, I do not know when the whole mod will be complete, but I will be adding more and more stuff to it over time.

Author & Copyright

This is the first mod completely done by me and I have put a lot of time and effort in learning scripting to do this; so please respect my effort and do not modify this script. You can post it anywhere you want, provided you credit me and host the ZIP file without modifying inner contents.

If you are interested in modifying this script in anyway, please ask me for permission by sending me a PM in GTAForums.com. Cheers!

Glenstorm

Rider916
  • Rider916

Ridin Loww

• Members

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:16 PM

whoa sounds good, would be good to cruise around wit ais instead of urself

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

Awesome, i'd liek to play this with a few other modifications ^_^

matanyehoshua1
  • matanyehoshua1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:44 PM

Sounds Good! icon14.gif I hope there is a big verity of vehicles keep it up!!!

Glenstorm
  • Glenstorm

Strive to be different

• Members

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

Unfortunately, the number of vehicles is limited by the number of Tunable Cars (in Wheel Arch Angels). So there is only a total of about 6 racing cars (+ the lowriders but I'm not sure if it is realistic to add them in San Fierro races).

Thanks for the positive response! Hope the download will be approved soon colgate.gif

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:29 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 16 October 2009 - 04:32 PM.

Seems pretty nice, haven't been able to try it out however. It looks a bit like an idea I had one day of a racing-based total conversion of SA including random AI-only races, which I might still complete sometime.
Which method are you using for race AI, by the way? Some methods seem to cause issues with cars rapidly changing angle after completing one section, does your script have this problem?

Glenstorm
  • Glenstorm

Strive to be different

• Members

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:44 AM

First considered the drive_to command, but it was too tedious to change them between checkpoints, especially if I'm to modify the track.

Then considered SCM Paths, but using it made the cars which missed the point to come back (which is not realistic) or to circle around the point aimlessly.

The only way left was AS_Pack, although having the same problem with SCM Paths, I was able to adjust the speed between checkpoints, and the issue was resolved to a great extent.

Some day, I'll recode everything to simple commands and make it more smoother, but I'm working on more tracks at the moment.

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

Can someone tell me, where is that damn blip to start race? It's not even on down part of windy street, and upper part too!!!

I got pissed while searching it..

Glenstorm
  • Glenstorm

Strive to be different

• Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:43 AM Edited by Glenstorm, 18 October 2009 - 04:26 AM.

THIS script only spawns tuned cars which race against each other (CJ cannot race)

I figured since all races in SA requires CJ, I should add some without him, just for realism.

If you can't find the cars, use the With-Marker version (included in the download) to find them at NIGHT (20:00 - 5:00) in San Fierro.

The kind of races you are talking about is still to be made, so check back in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Glenstorm

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:56 AM

you could add a cool horn start like in midnight club or something.. you flash your lights twice to start a race, here you could drive along side them and honk then have to drive to the starting line to race?

Glenstorm
  • Glenstorm

Strive to be different

• Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:19 AM Edited by Glenstorm, 18 October 2009 - 04:46 AM.

Good idea...
Added to the to-do list biggrin.gif

Added two more races to the AI night race script. Now the script will cycle through these races randomly instead of repeating the same race through the night.

Jur1zz
  • Jur1zz

Playa

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

user posted image

GimmeAcHance
  • GimmeAcHance

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

Could you make some "drift maps" at the docks like in Pro Street (Tokyo WTF) and others? ;D

Glenstorm
  • Glenstorm

Strive to be different

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:56 AM

Sorry I haven't been very active lately. I had a couple of exams and competitions to take care of and I'm planning to continue work on the script by this Saturday or Sunday.

And no, I do not know how to make maps or adjust Handling in SA. I merely know how to code. If you like drift maps, google for Sakina Mod or something like that, I hear its pretty good.

cracer21
  • cracer21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:09 AM

Does anyone know where i can find Spy3d's NFS:MW car mods? I've been searching for a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users