Shadow-Mapper Beta 0.1b
Download from my website
Download this and put it in the Shadow Mapper folder and start "StartMenu.bat" (Thanks OinkOink!):
If Shadow-Mapper doesn't load past 0% then make sure your settings.ini is uptodate with those values:
offset1 = 0xA94204
name1 = 1.0 US
offset2 = 0xB607C4
name2 = 1.0.1 US
offset3 = 0xB56BC4
name3 = 1.0.2 US
offset4 = 0xB75C9C
name4 = 1.0.3 US
offset5 = 0xB7AEF4
name5 = 1.0.4 US
offset6 = 0xB5B65C
name6 = 126.96.36.199 RUS
offset7 = 0xB569F4
name7 = 188.8.131.52 RUS
offset8 = 0xB76CB4
name8 = 184.108.40.206 RUS
offset9 = 0xB7AEFC
name9 = 220.127.116.11 RUS
offset10 = 0xB8813C
name10 = 18.104.22.168 JAP
offset11 = 0xB8C38C
name11 = 22.214.171.124 JAP
offset12 = 0xBE1370
name12 = 126.96.36.199 All
offset13 = 0xBE6540
name13 = 188.8.131.52 All
offset14 = 0xBE7540
name14 = 184.108.40.206
This release is a beta release, you shouldn't use it to do real modding yet.
Except a lot of releases this week
With Shadow-Mapper you can edit the map of GTA: IV.
This program is a public beta, so it may not function as expected.
Please ensure you make backups of all files you edit before you save.
- You need to have Java installed
- You need Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6, you can download this from:
- Version 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4, 220.127.116.11 of GTAIV.exe
- Download Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6
- Copy the local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar to the "Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\security" folder (default)
- Go to your GTA IV folder and make sure "read only" is ticked off
- You can now start Shadow-Mapper.exe
- The select install screen will show up
- Click "Add Install" to add the IV installation you want to mod
- Now browse to your IV folder you want to mod and select the GTAIV.exe
- Give it a name
- Select it and click "Select"
- You can now edit the map
For an extended tutorial about how to use this program go to the tutorial on my webpage
- ZModeler models don't show up
- Selecting water doesn't work properly sometimes
- Selecting cars doesn't work properly sometimes
- No collisions
- Resizing the window doesn't work so don't do it
- Some DXT5 rendering issues
- Alpha issues
- Rotation has been disabled
Version 0.1b (05-01-2010)
-Added two previewable types to the Resource Manager
-Added error message when JCE is not installed
-Rendering should work a little better
Version 0.1a (31-21-2009)
-Initial beta release
A very special thanks to (in alphabetical order):
Aru, Cool Fire, DeXx, Gforce, JostVice, listener, oinkoink, Paroxum, REspawn, smokey8808, supermortalhuman, Tim (and everyone I forgot)
who have been invaluable in the research of game code/file formats
which made this program possible.
This program is provided "as-is" without any implied warranty or support.
Use of modified files during online play may result in being banned.
Use at your own risk!
Concept by Paroxum
Some ingame screens
More screens can be found here
Latest news can always be found on my website www.Shadow-Link.nl
Edited by Shadow-Link, 26 January 2011 - 02:06 PM.