» «
Photo

GTA SA Starter Save

34 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:58 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 13 January 2010 - 02:57 AM.

Ok heres a game save for those on the PS3 playing GTA SA

Its a starter save before the first mission has started, details can be found on the mod itself.
It is incomplete at this time this is just a preview, you can check out the rare vehicles in the garage. Also check out the LS impound lot for some rare helicopters
No cheats were used, no deaths or busts either

Its almost complete, i just need one more everything proofed vehicle and Michelles streety racer outfit to really set it apart, other than that its just the collectables to get and i have done all the completion stuff

Basically all missions are there for you to do without side missions, ultimate starter template

Progress

Vigilante done
Ambulance missions done
Firefighter done
Pimping done
Taxi done
Burglary done
All Oysters
Sf courier done
LS courier done
LV courier done
BMX, NRG and Chiliad Challenge done
Stadium events done
Horseshoes collected
Snapshots collected
Tags sprayed

Non Progress

No cheats, deaths, busts or any kind of mod used ( strange for a mod site)
Michelle 100%, Katie 40%, Barbara 45% ( basically street racer outfit)
Hitman all guns
Full respect
Full stamina
Full muscle
Full biking skill
Full cycling skill
Full gambling skill

Garrages

All vehicles arent avaiable in LS
Johnson House: Patriot and Hotknife
Mulholland: Seasparrow, Bullet, Tourismo ( on roof) and Sandking ( in garrage)
Beach house: Euros, Pheonix and Hustler
El corona: Fully proofed Police Ranger, Romero and Monster truck ( the GFs cars)
Impound Lot LS: Police Maverik, News Chopper and Raindance

Completed version will have

Max money
69/70 Unique Jumps
Possibly KOSA but its doubtful

GTA VC

This is a save for those who have a PS3 so you can easily DL it. Its a save where I havent touched the first mission and i have done as much as possible and acquired some rare vehicles along the way

All hidden packages collected
All rampages passed
All unique stunt jumps but the impossible one on G Spotlight done
All RC races completed
Vigilante missions completed
Paramedic missions completed
Firefighter missions completed
Pizza boy missions completed
Taxi missions completed
All property bought
Cone Crazy completed
All 3 stadium events completed
44% complete without starting any missions

Non Progress

Lots of ammo for the M60 ( the powerful machine gun)
Max ammo for the Spaz shotgun
Hunter/Ryhno/Patriot in Hyman condo garrage
Black Sanchez and bloodring racer in Hyman condo garrage
FBI Washington in a garage near the North Point Mall
Kens White Admiral stored in a garage ( different from Diaz's Admiral)

Possible goals for 1.2

Max money using Cone Crazy exploit

Note: If you are to come across a mission that will swap the spaz shotgun or other weapon where i have accumlated a lot of ammo for, store it at the gold club or Airport security zone first and then retrieve them once it is over

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:48 AM

fantastic mate, but this is the wrong section lol.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:04 AM

oh my bad i had no idea where to put this mod, where do game saves go?

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:21 AM

Well i've let the staff know so they'll decide for you tounge.gif where ever they move it to, just post save's in their smile.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

ok, so which section in the mod showroom am i supposed to post saves? When i made the mod in GTA Garrage it said i should post it in a show room and it linked me here, it didnt seem to fall under any of the categories so i thought i should be safe with other.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:45 PM

Moved to San Andreas Gameplay..

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:56 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 12 October 2009 - 07:01 PM.

oh i already have a topic here though. im not sure i really understand, when i was at GTAgarrage.com it linked me to the mod showroom, it told me to post a topic in the modshowroom and link my mod there ( well its really a save). If it doesnt beling there at all just delete this topic then i already have one just like it here

Ok scratch that dont delete this topic lol the other one got locked, sorry fo rmakin gmultiple topics i wa sjust confused by the link in GTA garrage

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

Nice one Jack, well done. icon14.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:30 AM

Thanks rubregg. After i complete this im going to play Vice City and maybe to a similar save ( will be much easier without 4 stars). Im doing it for myself and for fun, however im wondering, should i upload this save for PS3 users as well? I know it has probably been done for PC but im wondering if i should do it for PS3 owners

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:13 AM

I know nothing about PS3 saves (don't have one) and I'm not that familiar with all the VC trickery. I'm sure a forum search will help you though. If there's no PS3 starter saves, or if you can add something unique to yours (like the proofed girlfriend cars in SA) then sure, go for it.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:29 AM

Ok, il add a topic in the VC forums and see if anyone is interested. I saw one starter save but its for PC. Thanks to Orion i just got michelles street racer outfit now before first mission, it feels weird running around in a completly different outfit, all my master save runs are in white shorts and tank top

PS3 is really simple really, get a flash drive and simply stick it into your PC, then DL from there. Then stick it to your PS3 and copy it to the virtual memory card, much cheaper than getting an AR ( that is, if you have a PS3)

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:43 AM

If you're doing a starter save for VC, then feel free to compare with my notes (PC): http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5945

Beware that someone reported a higher % (> 44%) on a starter save, without being able to explain why.
If you get more then I'm curious as to what I missed.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:48 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 14 October 2009 - 10:06 AM.

Alright thanks man, il see what i can find out. il still be working on the GTA SA save though, although the % is lower than VC theres just so much stuff for me to do. I cant reall ythink of anything special for VC atm as i havent played it in a loooong time but after i play around i might catch on to something. The point isnt to make it stand apart like the SA save though, im simply doing it for fun and while im at it give something to other PS3 owners of the game who cant DL all these other PC stuff ( it sucks being a PS3 owner and seeing all these awesome saves and mods only for PC)

Edit: After checking your notes doesnt seem like much i can improve on so il do what you did, il make a few saves. First will be a starter save with 44%, then il make more saves from there adding rare cars from story missions. Il try have the first starter save before missions have the starting white admiral and maybe other rare cars if i can find them. Il go for bullet proof cars and rare cars and make a 100% file and upload that, that is if anyone is interested on the VC boards

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:12 AM

Ok updated the save now. I havent uploaded it as some of my cars have been eaten again so i want to get them again before i do it, also Michelle randomly dropped some progress so im going to have to get that up. Version 2 will be available in about a week!

The final complete version may take a year, i may never be bothered getting all jumps, KOSA and max money.

Edits have been made on the first post and are in yellow

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

The jumps (apart from 1) is easily done.
So is max'ing money by gambling (which will take you to 200.000 CR points as well)

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:33 AM

Thats true but i have my finals exams soon and i want to play GTA VC soon as well.

Anyway Version 2.1 is up, il upload 2.2 which will have all the rest of the cars that went missing somehow

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:49 AM

im going ahead with the VC save, i stored Kens White Admiral early so that should make it a bit different as its kinda rare, but im a bit curious phreak. How did you do the 2 unique jumps at the pier, can you get a bike there?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:47 AM

I was using Phreak notes just recently to complete those jumps, but I'm having problems finding the link right now. I'll update if I find them. Anyway, I used a jumpy cabbie to complete the pier jumps. The first one isn't all that difficult, but landing the 2nd jump and keeping the taxi in order to jump out again without drowning took a long time to complete.

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:28 AM

Too bad this isn't for the Greatest Hits version.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:49 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 09 November 2009 - 04:54 AM.

im considering getting the FBI Washington now for the Vice City master save. i think i have found a method to get it from the west island to the east island while the barriers are up, has anyone tried this?

Update: Yes its possible, was kinda hard though but worth it. Its much different than GTA SA getting rarer cars, so far i have Kents White Admiral, a Black Sanchez which i might try put on the East Island as well and now the FBI Washington on the East Island. I may as well get the Patriot by Firefighter before i upload it

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

Yeah I used a jumping taxi.
Other methods I've heard of involves using a Packer to get a PCJ onto the pier or sinking a bunch of firetrucks and using those as a floating bridge to drive the PCJ across.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

how do i get a packer there though?

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

I think you can drive the packer far enough away inside the film studio to make another spawn, then drive 1 packer over the other to freedom.
Be advised that Packers disappear very easily, I still remember how frustrating it was to keep one in place at the hospital (for G-Spotlight #2) while jacking a cab in the street.

The jumping taxi is much easier (provided you have completed taxi mission). As far as I recall, the Cabbie jumps better, but for the jump around the barrier at the pier the Taxi is to be prefered (less risk of going too far and into the water). But the Cabbie might be better for the actual jumps.

If you just want to get onto the pier on foot (so that you can use the boat), then you can just push 1 or 2 (depending on how they fall) regular cars into the water and step on them and then jump onto the pier behind the barrier.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Nov 9 2009, 19:32)
I think you can drive the packer far enough away inside the film studio to make another spawn, then drive 1 packer over the other to freedom.

Put one Packer at the closed gate, but dont let it touch the gate itself. Leave the door open. Run around the film studio (through the place where Patriot spawns should be far enough, if I remmember) to spawn second Packer.
Driving Packer over Packer may be difficult at first, but it is somewhat usefull GTA skill colgate.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:37 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 10 November 2009 - 03:02 AM.

Bad luck freak, i have good as luck with packers. I managed to get the FBI washington to the East Island by leaving a packer by the bridge to Prawn Island. I ran back to the West Island, past the loading screen all the way to the Hyman condo to get the FBi car and when i went back to the packer it was still there.

<s>Anyway so if i can get the Packer out, how do i get the PCJ over the gate? Do i aim for the invisible spot on the gate or somehow go around? Il try figure it out myself first though actually</s>

Managed to get the packer out, somehow got the PCJ through the invisible gap in the gate. did the 2 jumps but bailed on the second one, and the bike went into the water....
Thanks for all the help, i would have been stuck on these two jumps for a long time

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

Sorry for all the VC questions but that board is dead, and since im adding this save file to the mod in this topic it is kind of related.

I know there is a trick with the Hunter, where you can get its health up by completing each level. can its health go above 100% doing this? And if so, can you store it in a garage, save and reload and still have its health at this level?

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

Yes the health of the Hunter can go way above normal and no it can't be saved (the garage will reset it to normal health).

I had one that I had taken to level 400, it took ~ 100 SAM missile hits and a couple of minutes of sustained minigun fire to blow it (and I think I tossed a few crates of molotovs at it too).

I think it's similar in VC (but not in VCS)

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

Ok thanks for the info. Last question, this one is about unique jumps. I got the 2 in the dock, and one near the searchlight using a packer and a sanchez. Im guessing the first jump in G Spotlight is impossible this early, but there is one more on top of the downtown hospital. Is it possible to somehow get a taxi up there? just say yes or no if it is possible i wanna work this one out myself for now

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:15 AM

Yes, the 1st G-spotlight jump is the only one that can't be completed a the beginning.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

ok done all downtown ones and the starfish lsland using a packer and jumpin taxi for the hospital one

I think im pretty sweet for the rest of the file, got a seasparrow in the Hyman condo as well as a hunter, tank and patriot, and a FBI washington and the White Admiral in the first island. I only wish i knew about the rampage exploit early i would have maxed out more guns. I only realised ammo doubled near the end, so i got max Spaz shotgun and M60 ammo

However theres just one thing im curious about, the RC Bandit Race. I did the other 2 RC races, but i can t find the van anywhere on the beach for some reason. Should i drive the van from the mall to the exact spot and start it that way?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users