Photo

Temp Banning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic
pcguytech
  • pcguytech

• Members

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

I would like to suggest that if a member gets temp ban 3 times in a row, that member should be ban permanently. Over the years I've been here I see a lot of members take for granted the rules and regulations of this forum. Look people we don't enforce these rules for the hell of it, we enforce them to make this place a better place for everyone and potential guests whom wish to sign up with this forum. I would like to also comment on members who post their verbal warnings on Gen Chat topics, which is nothing to be proud about.
If you got a verbal warning is because you were doing something you shouldn't have. I've gotten one in all the time I've been here and it's made me a better person and I'm not proud of getting one. But since I did it's made me change my ways and try to help this community instead of making a fool of myself.

Thank you
Kind Regards,
-Mike

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

I used to think that's how it worked, but banning a member permanently isn't based on how many temps he's had or Slamman would have been outta here a long time ago. I think it's based more on the intensity of the offence. Still, I think it would be best to leave these decisions to the mods rather than us telling them how it should be done. wink.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Oct 7 2009, 15:50)
I used to think that's how it worked, but banning a member permanently isn't based on how many temps he's had or Slamman would have been outta here a long time ago. I think it's based more on the intensity of the offence. Still, I think it would be best to leave these decisions to the mods rather than us telling them how it should be done. wink.gif

Pretty much.

Everything's on a case-by-case basis. Some people respond well, others don't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users