Photo

PS2 Issue

7 replies to this topic
blingman
  • blingman

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

IM having trouble with gta vice city on ps2. On the mission "the Party" in the cinamatic on the yacht when your are introduced to everyone, the people dont show up right away, it takes it a few seconds then they fade in and appear. The camera will pan showing the love fist member talking to the 2 girls, but at first they wont be there. My copy of vice city has no scratches on it, and the ps2 has only been used maybe 2 times since I bought it last year. What could be my problem here? I tried speeding up the disc speed, and smoothing out the textures, but no avail.

blingman
  • blingman

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

please goys i need some help

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:20 PM Edited by Spuds725, 06 October 2009 - 08:23 PM.

I honestly don't know what to tell you-- not really alot you can do with the console versions-- I didn't even know you could do what you already did...

Did you maybe try returning all the PS2 settings to their defaults-- I've never done anthing to either of the PS2's I've owned, nor my PS3 and never had issues you have described...

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:10 PM

He went into the system options and tried turning up the disc speed and smooth the textures, that only helps for the ps1 games. I had similar problem along time ago when restoring a old fat ps2. I have a solution but i need to know if yours is a slim or a fat.

blingman
  • blingman

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:15 PM

It is a limited edition Silver Slim PS2

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:27 PM

Ok, this is a laser lens issue. You have likely been experiencing slow load times as well. The slim ps2 is a little more notorious for finger prints or debris getting on the lens since the lens is exposed when the lid is open. The fat ps2 not so much, but it does happen. What you need to do is get some 99.9% Rubbing Alcohol (not wintergreen alcohol as the dye in it will damage the lens) . Take a Q-tip and dip one end of it in the alcohol, let it drip and rub the laser lens thoroughly. Now use the dry end of the Q-tip to dry the lens. Blow on the lens to get any cotton debris that may have came off the Q-tip. I have had this issue with a few old PS2's I have fixed and refurbished. Good Luck

blingman
  • blingman

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Oct 6 2009, 23:27)
Ok, this is a laser lens issue. You have likely been experiencing slow load times as well. The slim ps2 is a little more notorious for finger prints or debris getting on the lens since the lens is exposed when the lid is open. The fat ps2 not so much, but it does happen. What you need to do is get some 99.9% Rubbing Alcohol (not wintergreen alcohol as the dye in it will damage the lens) . Take a Q-tip and dip one end of it in the alcohol, let it drip and rub the laser lens thoroughly. Now use the dry end of the Q-tip to dry the lens. Blow on the lens to get any cotton debris that may have came off the Q-tip. I have had this issue with a few old PS2's I have fixed and refurbished. Good Luck

Just followed your instructions. Just fired up Vice City and its running great now. I replayed that mission and there is no more character pop in. Thanks you SO much Lazloisdavrock!!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:15 PM Edited by Spuds725, 07 October 2009 - 12:40 PM.

Thanks for the info lazlo and the follow up blingman...

Will add this to the pinned bug list thread in the troubleshooting section...

Moved this to troubleshooting section as well.

//edit//

Done-- added to a related problem under #8 http://www.gtaforums...&t=188753&st=0#

Thanks again for the info...

Spuds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users