Photo

HOT SAVES FOR THE ps2

54 replies to this topic
skills
  • skills

Local Dirt Bag

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:17 PM Edited by skills, A day ago.

1. Hmmm, orionSR i didn't know the bikes can take parts. well I never tried, i figured the game would crash. so i would only mod the colors of the NRG 500 and freeway.

2. Does it matter which bike you can use?

3. For those who don't know, I'm not talking about PC mods so please don't tell about any pc mods or put links to pc mods in this topic. I'm talking about ps2 mods using the ar max cheat device, I figure it's best to clear that up now.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:23 AM

1) As far as I know, it's never been tested on PS2. Best of luck.

2) Nope. Even the bicycles (and aircraft) can take mod wheels.

3) Good idea.

ric-013
  • ric-013

glitch hunter

• Members

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:45 PM Edited by ric-013, 10 November 2009 - 02:22 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Nov 10 2009, 01:23)
1) As far as I know, it's never been tested on PS2. Best of luck.

2) Nope. Even the bicycles (and aircraft) can take mod wheels.

it works on ps2 aswell ... iv tested this way back !!!

btw OrionSR ... would you consider helping in this project ??? you have done so much into porting save mods for ps2, it would be sad not to be used !! also if i remember right, you can copy whole save blocks into the save pretty easily..im thinking about mods like :

- sunken pirate ship
- boat save garage
- enlarged garages
etc...

they would be a great addition to this save !! in fact, what i originaly wanted to do with this project is this : use your fully modded savefile + copy my gang territory's settings + copy skills " in garages " modded car . then i would have use this file as a starting point for further modding.

hum... maybe i should go buy another ps2 and get my tools back, seems i miss modding more than i expected, lol .

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:42 AM Edited by OrionSR, 11 November 2009 - 07:51 AM.

Sure, I'll help, but I don't have access to my PS2 anymore so there's only so much I can do. Someone else will need to do all the testing. Editing the save file isn't too difficult once you learn your way around. Perhaps I can teach you the process.

Pirate Ship - If the object block from my modded saves are used then you'll get more than just the Pirate Ship. There are a bunch of boat ramps and a handful of other object added to the save. However, I think it is possible to add just the Pirate Ship to a save and then trim the slack to keep the save file the same size. Oh, and then change the Number of Object accordingly and fix the checksum. Not too tough, and should work.

Damn, I thought I posted garage modification codes but apparently I just tweaked a few things like door locks and reusing the mission garages as extra PnSs. I couldn't find anything on totally rewriting the garage information. However, it should be possible. I would definitely include a long list of codes.

Reusing and Activating Garages
Starting Addresses for Garage Zones and Garage Cars

This is the PC (CLEO) version of rewriting the Redsands West Garage to be the Dock Garage at Toreno's Ranch. Lines that start with // are comment lines; those bytes don't need to be changed, but are included for completeness.

CODE
// Toreno's Dock Garage - was Redsands West - 'blob6'
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DF80  size 4 value -641.6948 virtual_protect 0     //  0 X Coordinate for Lower Left Front
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DF84  size 4 value 852.9714 virtual_protect 0      //  1 Y Coordinate for Lower Left Front
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DF88  size 4 value -1.6 virtual_protect 0          //  2 Z Coordinate for Floor
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DF8C  size 4 value 0.68754554 virtual_protect 0    //  3 Quaternion Rx      //Quaternions
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DF90  size 4 value 0.7261413 virtual_protect 0     //  4 Quaternion Ry      //needed because
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DF94  size 4 value -0.723772 virtual_protect 0     //  5 Quaternion Rz      //dock garage
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DF98  size 4 value 0.6900392 virtual_protect 0     //  6 Quaternion Rw      //was rotated
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DF9C  size 4 value 6.3 virtual_protect 0           //  7 Z Coordinate for Ceiling
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFA0  size 4 value 18.19872 virtual_protect 0      //  8 Width (dimension parallel to door)
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFA4  size 4 value 36.33216 virtual_protect 0      //  9 Depth (dimension perpendicular to door)
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFA8  size 4 value -667.991 virtual_protect 0      //  10 Minimum X Coordinate
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFAC  size 4 value -629.1824 virtual_protect 0     //  11 Maximum X Coordinate
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFB0  size 4 value 852.9714 virtual_protect 0      //  12 Minimum Y Coordinate
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFB4  size 4 value 891.2569 virtual_protect 0      //  13 Maximum Y Coordinate
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFB8  size 4 value 0.0 virtual_protect 0           //  14 Door is Open = 1.0
//0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFBC  size 4 value 0.0 virtual_protect 0         //  15 Timer
//0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFC0  size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0           //  16 unknown          
//0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFC4  size 4 value 0x626F6C62 virtual_protect 0  //  17 "blob" head of Garage Name        
//0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFC8  size 4 value 0x00000036 virtual_protect 0  //  18 "6"+nul tail of Garage Name
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFCC  size 1 value 30 virtual_protect 0            //  19 Garage Type   //Redsands garage
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFCD  size 1 value 0 virtual_protect 0             //  20 Open Flag    
0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFCE  size 1 value 0x68 virtual_protect 0          //  21 Door Flags    
//0A8C: write_memory 0x96DFCF  size 1 value 30 virtual_protect 0          //  22 Original Type

So, to adapt the addresses for PS2v1 start with the Garage Zone address (0x0080AE90), add the index of the Redsands West Garage (37) multiplied by the record size (216), and increment the fields based on the appropriate field size. A similar process can be used to lift the roof or to make other tweaks. But then again, it might be easier to copy the information from my modded save, paste it over the Redsands data, and update the checksum.

BTW, how are you getting the modded vehicles into the garages? Do you write all the data to memory, or put a car in the garage and fiddle with it? I seem to remember reading about codes to make these modifications, but I don't think I tried it on PS2. However, I did take what I learned from the PS2 cheats to modifying our Chain Game saves. The old process involved warping CJ all over the map, activating and opening garages, spawning vehicles in the garage, and closing the door before warping off to another garage. It took forever. Now we just dump all the data straight into memory.
  • King Andreas likes this

ric-013
  • ric-013

glitch hunter

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR)
Sure, I'll help, but I don't have access to my PS2 anymore so there's only so much I can do. Someone else will need to do all the testing.

thanks alot dude...for testings, until i get a ps2 back i cant do any...i think skills and purple x would gladly do so.

QUOTE (OrionSR)
Editing the save file isn't too difficult once you learn your way around. Perhaps I can teach you the process.

cool .. thanks for sharing and teaching, i never modded a savefile itself..i was always using cheat-device codes and used a dissasembler to peek at savedump ( full 32mb memory hack )

however since you already know how and i dont ... i was hoping you could do it for us.

QUOTE (OrionSR)
Pirate Ship - If the object block from my modded saves are used then you'll get more than just the Pirate Ship. There are a bunch of boat ramps and a handful of other object added to the save. However, I think it is possible to add just the Pirate Ship to a save and then trim the slack to keep the save file the same size. Oh, and then change the Number of Object accordingly and fix the checksum. Not too tough, and should work.

This is the PC (CLEO) version of rewriting the Redsands West Garage to be the Dock Garage at Toreno's Ranch...
...But then again, it might be easier to copy the information from my modded save, paste it over the Redsands data, and update the checksum.

exacly what i had in mind !!!

QUOTE (OrionSR)

BTW, how are you getting the modded vehicles into the garages? Do you write all the data to memory, or put a car in the garage and fiddle with it? I seem to remember reading about codes to make these modifications, but I don't think I tried it on PS2.

i think there is no easy way to do this ... since every parts thats not meant for the car you want to aplly it to, needs to be tested for possible game crash . anyways here's how i was doing this :

CODE
from SKILLER database...

-=Johnson House=-
D080D8E4 00100000
2080D8E4 ????/????
2080D8E8 ????/????
2080D8Ec ????/????
2080D8F0 ????/????
0080D909 000000BB
1080D90A 0000NNPP

???? = Mods (FFFF = OFF)
NN = Nitro activator (00 = OFF)
PP = Custom paint (FF = OFF)
BB = Bombs Arming (00 = OFF)

adress / raw codes :
http://www.codemaste...ersmodshopA.htm

digits for car parts :
http://www.codemaste...llerModShop.htm

crash testing is the most time taking part ... sadly i found no info's around on what parts would fit on each vehicles.

skills on his side is using another way to do it, but its the same... :

mod unmodable cars using a cheat-device:
http://www.gtaforums...topic=178311

mainly its about saving mod parts on (a) car model ... then mod the car in garage for (b) model...the (b) car keeps the (a) modded parts.

mercie_blink.gif

skills
  • skills

Local Dirt Bag

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:42 PM Edited by skills, 15 November 2011 - 10:13 PM.

yo, about the codes from skiller mod garage car codes
1. I put together 7 test codes about a month ago, tested 4, 3 worked.

2. its da same as what i can normally do using my way.

3. being that some transfender cars can't take the same wheel arch angel parts, different codes will have to be put together for the different cars.

4. example: the flash x flow roof transfer well to some transfenders
cars. but will be an ugly glitch on other transfender cars.

5. it would be a waste of time putting those codes together.

6. being that i know what cars can take what parts, there's no
need to put together codes fron skiller car data base

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

Well, the situation has changed. I no longer have internet access at home, so I doubt I'm going to be much help with anything. I'll try to get my laptop set up with a few modding tool so I can occasionally patch a save file or something, but that's about all I can do.

ric-013
  • ric-013

glitch hunter

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:53 PM Edited by ric-013, 14 November 2009 - 01:59 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Nov 13 2009, 18:54)
Well, the situation has changed. I no longer have internet access at home, so I doubt I'm going to be much help with anything. I'll try to get my laptop set up with a few modding tool so I can occasionally patch a save file or something, but that's about all I can do.

well, skills still not done with the file, so i guess you have time ahead of you .

on my side, ill download my disassembler again so i can still create codes...that said, do you still have your ntsc v1 and v2 savedumps for your modded ps2 savefile??? cuz mine's are gone in my latest CPU crash and since i dont own a ps2 anymore, so i cant create new one's . if you still have them can you upload them for me ???

once i have both disassembler and savedumps, ill be able to port the mods into cheat-device codes. ill start this way cuz i already know my way around this method ... ill study save editing aswell, when given time.

confused.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

Um... I'm not sure if I still have the savedumps. I just lost my secondary hard drive and haven't quite assessed what's missing. If I find a copy I'll send it your way. Otherwise, the method I used to make save dumps was to run the game on a PS2 Emulator - PCSX2. You should be able to repeat the process. Just trim the first 4 bytes of the saves it makes and the addresses should align correctly.

ric-013
  • ric-013

glitch hunter

• Members

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

well,seems i wont do anymore modding after all ... most tools i was using are not compatible with my newly installed win7.

purple x
  • purple x

gta N.Y.C.

• Members

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:03 PM Edited by purple x, 01 February 2013 - 05:35 PM.

yo ric-013, skills. I tested the ntsc v1 saves, no crashing problem

purple x
  • purple x

gta N.Y.C.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:47 PM Edited by purple x, 04 January 2013 - 07:56 PM.

yo. where are the links for da original san andreas saves. I got some homies that need v1 saves. what happen you removed da links. This is not a double post sneaky2.gif

skills
  • skills

Local Dirt Bag

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:41 PM Edited by skills, 11 April 2013 - 05:57 PM.

original san andreas ps2 ntsc v1 modified saves

http://www.mediafire...35cbde7375ca78c

special edition,greatest hits,trilogy modified saves ntsc v2

http://www.mediafire...6f8cf40558950b4

ar max master settings, if you have the ntsc v1 you will like this
http://www.mediafire.../?0ac3xufr09aec

ok, let me break a few things down, I did not have enough space in the link for a full description so here some more info: the v1 and v2 saves with the andromada plane in the description has orionSR car spawn codes on them and one of his warp codes: enter these LS locations to warp, Dillimore PD, mulholland 24-7 store, SF burglary houses unlock. The gang territory saves has the andromada plane at LS air port to and a few of car spawn codes.

The v1 file _8012_ and v2 file _12270_ has no add ons so if you want to do your own gang war or car spawn style use these saves.

1. no need to quote this reply, that will just repeat the links bored.gif
2. some grove st. members will have the minigun: gang wars saves
3. credit: orionSR and Ric-013 for the car spawn, warp, gang territory and weapons codes.
4. you will need ar max to use these saves, always uncrush the saves to your memory card.
5. if you have saves on your memory already delete them,trying to save over them will cause the ar max CD to crash as the saves are being over written. Or use a memory card that do not have san andreas saves on them
6. all of the saves have the hot ring racer,sandkind,go kart, cop cars and other car types modified. NRG 500 with modified colors. these are ps2 saves, think about that.
7. ar max version 3.36 was used to up load these saves, I'm not sure if the lower ar max versions will transfer these saves to your memory card
  • King Andreas likes this

Ladiesman69
  • Ladiesman69

GTA For Ever

• Members

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

Anyone Have A V2 (special edition)Save For Codebreaker V 9.3?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

Do a search for PS2 Save Builder and use it to convert the AR-Max formatted files to the Codebreaker format.

Ladiesman69
  • Ladiesman69

GTA For Ever

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:34 AM

Shame There's No "Thanks" Button.

skills
  • skills

Local Dirt Bag

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:40 PM Edited by skills, 13 April 2013 - 01:07 PM.

here's some info on the ps2 save builder. Look in the ps2 faqs section for the examples on converting and porting game saves.

http://www.codemaste...oad.php?view.50

purple x
  • purple x

gta N.Y.C.

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:01 PM Edited by purple x, 09 September 2010 - 09:07 PM.

Help sad.gif
I copied your saves to my memory card, I know i was subpost to uncrush them.
Now i made this mistake about a year ago on another memory card and corrupt
data was created and ar max won't delete it.

Now is there a proper way to delete the compressed saves so i can try again
the right way. So if anybody knows, help me out.

skills
  • skills

Local Dirt Bag

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:08 PM Edited by skills, 3 weeks ago.

Delete compressed saves

1. load up your ar max, go to the memory manager section. click in
to your memory, high light (not select) all of the saves on your memory card so the game icons show in the small box window.

2. Now delete the crushed (compressed) saves. high light all of the saves again.
click out of the memory section. Now reset the game, open the disk tray so the ar max CD don't launch.

3. click in to the ps2 brower, click in to the memory card.You will see a icon that says: ar max crushed saves 65kb
(or a different size). Delete this, you're done.

But wait :dontgetit: 
if the size says: ??kb, it will turn to corrupt data when you try to delete it. If this happens load up your ar max and format your memory card,this will delete everything. For your other memory card just format it to delete the corrupt data. Also, do not save pictures because ar max will change it into corrupt data.

• purple x and King Andreas like this

purple x
  • purple x

gta N.Y.C.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:51 PM Edited by purple x, 04 January 2013 - 07:55 PM.

post removed

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

The "Ped Riot" cheat is EVIL, if your game doesn't crash now it would (If saved) a most inconvient time later.

skills
  • skills

Local Dirt Bag

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:36 PM Edited by skills, 19 June 2012 - 04:02 PM.

yeah ,never save that cheat . Now about the saves, i found the problem u were talking about I used this code on file 3 bikers gang implant it seems the ped riot code can't used when that gang code is saved or used. I did not know that. so i deleted all of the v1 saves and replaced them. problem solved.

Ladiesman69
  • Ladiesman69

GTA For Ever

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (skills @ Friday, May 28 2010, 12:41)
original san andreas ps2 ntsc v1 modified saves

http://www.mediafire...35cbde7375ca78c

special edition,greatest hits,trilogy modified saves ntsc v2

http://www.mediafire...6f8cf40558950b4

ar max settings, a ton of codes for da gta games
http://www.mediafire...d71ee60c1ce7296

ar max master settings, if you have da ntsc v1 you will like this
http://www.mediafire.../?0ac3xufr09aec

ok, let me break a few things down, I did not have enough space in the link for a full description so here some more info: the v1 and v2 saves with the andromada plane in the description has orionSR car spawn codes on them and one of his warp codes: enter these LS locations to warp, Dillimore PD, mulholland 24-7 store, unity station 24-7 store. SF burglary houses unlock. The gang territory saves has the andromada plane at LS air port to and a few of car spawn codes.

The v1 file _12838_ and v2 file _12426_ has no add ons so if you want to do your own gang war or car spawn style use these saves.

1. no need to quote this reply, that will just repeat the links bored.gif
2. some grove st. members will have the minigun: gang wars saves
3. credit: orionSR and Ric-013 for the car spawn, warp, gang territory and weapons codes.
4. you will need ar max to use these saves, always uncrush the saves to your memory card.
5. if you have saves on your memory already delete them,trying to save over them will cause the ar max CD to crash as the saves are being over written. Or use a memory card that do not have san andreas saves on them
6. all of the saves have the hot ring racer,sandkind,go kart, cop cars and other car types modified. NRG 500 with modified colors. these are ps2 saves, think about that.
7. ar max version 3.36 was used to up load these saves, I'm not sure if the lower ar max versions will transfer these saves to your memory card

Hey skills,any chance on getting the ps2 ntsc v1 modified save for codebreaker v 7 +?my pc is offline(I'm on my sisters pc).

skills
  • skills

Local Dirt Bag

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:55 AM Edited by skills, 05 May 2013 - 10:35 PM.

Original san andreas code breaker ntsc v1 saves converted
file with no add ons: SanAndreas9.cbs
file with add ons: SanAndreas1.cbs
gang wars in all cities: SanAandreaas8.cbs
credit save tester: Ladiesman69

http://www.mediafire.../?c3v368ebbrr2c

special edition, greatest hits, trilogy code breakers saves ntsc v2
file with no add ons: SanAndreas7.cbs
file with add ons: SanAndreas2.cbs
file with gang turf in all cities: SanAndreas3.cbs

http://www.mediafire.../?xqoyl8c2e8v88

original san andreas pal v1 saves: untested
save files with add ons: gta san andrea_eu_c
gang wars saves:gta san andrea_ eu_a

http://www.mediafire.../?kbauf180zw3ii

pal v2 platinum saves: untested
file has no add ons: gta_san_andreas_eu_e.max
file has add ons: gta_san_andreas_eu_b.max
gang wars in all cities: gta_san_andreas_eu_d.max

http://www.mediafire.../?76e2pju9874co

no need to quote this reply, that will just repeat the links

purple x
  • purple x

gta N.Y.C.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:42 PM Edited by purple x, 2 weeks ago.

Yo dude I was checking out the some of the NRG 500 bikes in the safe house garages and the colors are sick :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users