» «
Photo

[IV|TUT]Editing or creating TV channels

9 replies to this topic
gr8man
  • gr8man

GTA IV Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:42 PM Edited by gr8man, 21 November 2009 - 08:25 PM.

Hello people. Yesterday I found out how to edit the TV channels or even create your own TV channel. And because I知 not an egoist I知 going to tell you how.

The files of the channels are in .bik format. In fact this is a simple compressed video and this is the video which is shown on the TV in the game. The .bik format is developed by RAD Studios and there is a tool which can export and import the video content from the file.

What you値l need?

1. RAD Video Tools you can download it for free from http://www.radgametools.com/
2. Video file which is in 512x384 resolution if it is in higher resolution it will cause a lag ingame
3. A lot of time, because the compressing is slow as HELL

What to do?

First, if you want you can encode one of the GTA痴 channels (GTA IV Root folder ->Movies) just for example. You can do this by selecting the .bik file in the RAD Video Tools explorer and then by clicking on the 鼎onvert a file button.
user posted image
In the next window you can adjust some settings but I prefer to use the default parameters. Be patient, the extracting is slow, but the converting into .bik is slower.
user posted image

The real thing!!!

Now it is time to convert our video into .bik file. You can do this by selecting the video file in the RAD Video Tools explorer and then by clicking on the 釘ink it button.
user posted image
Now you should type 650000 in 鼎ompress to a data rate (bytes), this indicates the quality of the video. The higher this number is, the higher the quality will be and the slower the converting process will be, and vice versa. As I said before the converting is slow as HELL.
user posted image
When the process is finished you can watch the .bik file or directly replace it with one of the GTA痴 original TV channels. The channels folder is 溺ovies, which is located in the GTA IV痴 root folder. When you replace the custom channel with 展eazel or 鼎NT you can see the result ingame.

winterdamit
  • winterdamit

A WTF MOMENT

• Members

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

im glad ur not "egois" thank u. smile.gif

BalkanGangsta
  • BalkanGangsta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:00 AM

sry for my bad english
hi can i make a new tv channel without to edit 展eazel or 鼎NT

gr8man
  • gr8man

GTA IV Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

Nobody said you must edit "weazel" or "CNT",you should read the tutorial again.

The tutorial is edited with screens and more explanations.

appelflap64
  • appelflap64

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

i got one question.
i followed the tutorail and i maked a new channel and it works fine
my question is how do you make the channel to play at a random spot
the origenal channels plays the movies on a random time and mine channel starts on the begining of the movie
is there a way that my channel plays the movie on a random spot too?

thx

BEASTXxWOLF
  • BEASTXxWOLF

AlcatrazIV

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

Does it matter about the size?

ripple
  • ripple

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

I am curious as well. How do you get the video to play in random spots instead of always from the beginning? Is there a certain parameter setting I must use when converting to bik format?

Moshi
  • Moshi

!!! Trance !!!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

How slow is the converting?
  • lpgunit likes this

ielitexx
  • ielitexx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

when i try to open my video the notice error opening the file shows up. do you have any idea why ?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

How slow is the converting?

Depends on your PC, of course.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users