Photo

why i can't save game?

2 replies to this topic
sandisk125
  • sandisk125

Xtreme Modderę

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

why when i trying to save game, and choose a slot, they say "Save failed! there was an error while saving the current game. please check your savegame directory and try again."
someone please help me confused.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:11 AM Edited by radioman, 04 October 2009 - 10:15 AM.

First off, is this the PS2, PC, or the X-Box version? Second, Do you have enough free disk space on you hard drive (C drive)-if on PC/enough space on the memory card-if on PS2 or X-Box? If on PC, are you on Vista OR XP? If on Vista, there are three possible places where saves are stored-They are in the User Files Folder in Documents if not using compatibilty mode, they are in the Public/Grand theft auto SA User files folder-if using 98 compatibilty mode, or sometimes they get placed in the install directory-by default is C:/program files/rockstar games/gta San Andreas

Also, try defragmenting your C drive-if on PC. Also, have you used any cheats in game? Hope this helps.

Edit: didn't see this was San Andreas and not Vice City-post edited.-lol, I need to pay more attention to what forum i'm posting in...

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

This error generally occurs if you have a period (.) in your Windows user account name. Creating a new user account without a period (.) in it should solve your problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users