» «
Photo

those irritating cranes...

19 replies to this topic
Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:02 PM Edited by Xegethra, 29 September 2009 - 06:08 PM.

ok this might seema bit dumb of me but in the residential area....where the hell is the crane near the church....maps tell me its there but the icon is too big and covers the area too much and i cant see where it really is

iv been there to have a look but all i find is a train station and a building that leads to the roof of the church

if anyone knows can they please tell me where exactly where it is? i just cant find it

*edit*

its ok i found one. its an unmarked crane in the redneck territory. just a few yards down south from the red pay phones

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:11 PM

Look, those maps were made using the PSX version. The PC version (I guess you're using that one) is almost identical, so you can still use them, but you must keep on mind that there are a few differences. You've discovered one of them: most cranes are different between the two versions. That church crane only appears in the PSX version, while the PC version has three cranes (around the gang turfs that don't appear in the PSX version). Another difference you'll later notice is that, apparently, at the Industrial District there are tokens on water. That's because they're on a non-charted district, Mad Island.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

yeah i never played the psx version and all the maps come up with the crane near the church when i searched for them....or when i type in pc i get map mods...

but whatever i found one anywaypretty easy to remember, i came accross it when i was going for the red phones

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

I'm glad to have helped you.
By the way, keep on mind that the Redneck crusher is glitched. Check this topic.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:21 PM Edited by Xegethra, 29 September 2009 - 09:51 PM.

haha yeah i JUST found that out. cus after the post i tried to go use it again after wondering why nothing came out....

>_<

but yeah thanks for helping....

i read someplace that the other cranes dont work unless its for a mission or mission related use....ill still try them and see what crane decides its gonna work

*edit*

hmm i havent found any other cranes yet....just the gang ones that refuse to work and the one at the police station that also refuses to work. im looking but havent found anything, also map searching sucks, i keep getting psx map and map mods....

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:35 AM

There's one straight across the Max Paynt just outside the Z-Village, the other one is at the Yellow Phones for the Scientists

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

Keep on mind that there are three types of cranes. One type crushes the car and gives you a reward (in addition to the glitched crusher, you'll find one east of the Cayman car shop and another one near the yellow Scientist phone). The second type puts the selected car on a trailer (only works if there's a trailer nearby), those are the cranes that are marked on the map. The third type throws to the car to the sea, you'll find one of them at the southwest corner of the Scientist Research Center.
It seems that you've only been able to find cranes of the second type.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:23 PM Edited by Xegethra, 01 October 2009 - 02:03 AM.

yeah. when i used to play thisg ame i just used to play it

but since i did a video of the cranes and rewards in the first area. iv been hard pushed to find a crane i want in the seocnd area becuase well...i havent really used them before unless for mission purposes...hmm

and one of the most annoying things is, everytime i look it up i find a faqs about cranes but NONE of them are saying where the cranes are. all the say is *if you crush this car you get this* yeah i know. i just wanna do a video of it but i cant if i cant find any working crane or im not told where one is....iv been everywhere....every road, ally, plaza, pedestian area, but no crane eithe picks my car up or its that non wokring one...the only one i know where it is and it doesnt work

all the guides i find are psx guides. even when i type in that i want it for the pc version

*edit*

i found it....marked here and it works, rewards and all....theres about 2 of them

http://en.wikigta.or...e...rict_(GTA2)

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Xegethra @ Sep 30 2009, 21:23)
i found it....marked here and it works, rewards and all....theres about 2 of them

Couldve atleast read my post sad.gif

Ghost glendale fan 4 live
  • Ghost glendale fan 4 live

Libby-Ketchup city!

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

Where is the church crane thingy? ... never seen it, and I have owned both the PSX and the PC version.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Oct 3 2009, 13:24)
QUOTE (Xegethra @ Sep 30 2009, 21:23)

Couldve atleast read my post sad.gif

ahh, sorry i didnt notice it there

>_<

i always assumed that crane wasa gang one...evidently not....but yeah. i didnt see your post there sorry

o.o

as for the church one, i didnt know the cranes were placed differently in each version as i have never played the psx one. so it did confuse me why i was met with a building when looking for it. i thought it was to have it there since the train tracks go there

MP5
  • MP5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Sep 30 2009, 13:18)
The second type puts the selected car on a trailer (only works if there's a trailer nearby), those are the cranes that are marked on the map.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly do you need to do in order to instruct the cranes to simply lift a car onto a Transporter trailer? I have been trying it repeatedly with the Downtown cranes in the southeast, but the cranes always end up sending the cars into the crusher even as the Transport (and adjoining Truck Cab) are parked within the cranes' radius.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:32 AM Edited by B-$hep, 20 November 2009 - 11:39 AM.

Those cranes which are at crushers do not put cars on trailers!!

There are special cranes for putting car to the trailer. There is nothing but just simple one crane and nothing else around.

If it's so then this is crane that lifts car to trailer.

Every other crane which has crushers near will destroy your car.

I haven't seen any crane in Downtown that just lifts the car to the trailer.

MP5
  • MP5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (B-$hep @ Nov 20 2009, 11:32)
Those cranes which are at crushers do not put cars on trailers!!

There are special cranes for putting car to the trailer. There is nothing but just simple one crane and nothing else around.

If it's so then this is crane that lifts car to trailer.

Every other crane which has crushers near will destroy your car.

I haven't seen any crane in Downtown that just lifts the car to the trailer.

So those cranes are unmarked?

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

Seems that they just don't exist in Downtown.

If anyone knows if there is really at least one i would like to see it.

Lantyz
  • Lantyz

S Q R L

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:58 PM

Yes, the normal cranes are unmarked on the official map. You can find them here: Residential, Industrial. There are no normal cranes in Downtown, even though you can find trailers here.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:54 PM Edited by chapapote, 25 July 2010 - 05:58 PM.

Only one trailer crane at the Industrial District?
OK, guys, I'm really starting to get angry. I'm still making that Tokens and Frenzies guide. I take a Truck Cab or whatever is called to one of those f*cking frenzy cars on trailers (what's the point of putting them on trailers?), I take it and I look for a crane to unload it. I didn't know it, but the one drawn at Gonad is also missing. I went crazy looking for a trailer crane, Igot one cop head becuase it's very difficult to drive that stupid truck... All that work to end up destroying the frenzy car in the Russian crusher. I wanted to die. suicidal.gif
According to the map Lantyz posted, I see that the only way to unload it is to make all the way to Zaibatsu territory. Excellent. icon13.gif

BBBean
  • BBBean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Sep 30 2009, 13:18)
The third type throws to the car to the sea, you'll find one of them at the southwest corner of the Scientist Research Center.

That crane near the SRS base doesn't work. D: It sounds like it was working all the time but it doesn't do anything.

Gustavob
  • Gustavob

Martian

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Mr Zero @ Aug 1 2010, 07:51)
That crane near the SRS base doesn't work. D: It sounds like it was working all the time but it doesn't do anything.

That crane was made especially for a SRS mission and doesnt work out of it, its disabled. Theres another crane like that at the Industrial District, at the russian area, and is still only for a mission.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Gustavob @ Aug 1 2010, 16:52)
QUOTE (Mr Zero @ Aug 1 2010, 07:51)

That crane was made especially for a SRS mission and doesnt work out of it, its disabled. Theres another crane like that at the Industrial District, at the russian area, and is still only for a mission.

Yeah, and that's because the Russian mission was a copy of the Scientist mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users