Photo

[WIP] Citizen: Episodes

93 replies to this topic
coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Dec 14 2009, 17:27)
QUOTE (bammargera @ Dec 14 2009, 20:10)
Love the weapon icon layout HUD etc, any chance of releasing it as a seperate cleo?

I think it's already released somewhere else, but I don't know where.

Cool mod btw, first time I see it!

cookie.gif cookie.gif

Its Wesser's Windshield cleo mod. Also part of my Biohazard mod... originally made for Thirst for Blood by Demarest.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:34 AM

Oh C#, how I can't wait to learn it... smile.gif Seeya in about 7 years and I might be ready to code xD

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

A few new screenshots:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

... I'm progressing slowly, but Citizen is coming. smile.gif

cuvip
  • cuvip

Jefra Bland, miss teen kentuckey US 2009

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

wow, look at the pic 3, did u just retexture the road? lol.gif lol.gif that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (cuvip @ Jan 26 2010, 15:09)
wow, look at the pic 3, did u just retexture the road? lol.gif lol.gif that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

If you watch all the videos, you'd realise that the roads were retextured from first public infos..

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

Rest in peace, Nate Dogg.

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

Damn, this update is awesome, just like the others.

I actually think that having a different styled game than R* is a good idea. That thing would make it way different than any other mods, so it'd be unique.

Also, I like the style of features you add: You grab some things from other games, but you also have own ideas what are great as well. So overall, this mod is going to be perfect.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:58 AM Edited by NTAuthority, 04 March 2010 - 02:54 PM.

The Citizen web site has gotten a completely new look, and a post about how badly I fail at implementing the new update. The site now also has a forum, for which the account list will also be used for in-game authentication. Also, whoever registers before April 1th (just an arbitrary date, not a joke, and do NOT relate this as being a possible release date) gets the full non-beta demo a couple of days before the public release. wink.gif

user posted image
user posted image

Also, I think it's time to announce the size of the items that will consist the assets that will feature in the first episode. Citizen: Episode 1 will contain 26 missions, of which 4 are side missions, which are not required for the episode's story line. Episode 2, once released, will blend in directly with the mission structure of Episode 1. A couple of the missions in Episode 1 will take place in Liberty City, using a tweaked version of the SALC map... there will also be some LC side missions. Eventually, you will be able to take flights between any of the airports in major cities in SA (LS, SF, LV) and Liberty/Francis International.

Between Episode 1 and 2, I'm planning on two semi-major updates. One being the 'C4' (Citizen: Community, Challenges and Competition) update, the other adding some side-story missions outside of the episode sequence.

A week before Episode 1 is released, I'll release a limited demo containing 25% of the completely finished game. This demo will automatically change into the full game a week later.

gtasearcher
  • gtasearcher

No sh*t.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

Well, it's hard to explain the awesomeness of all of this. Perhaps 'IT F*CKING KICKS ASS' would fit?

Biches
  • Biches

Crackhead

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

I like the mod but...WHY TOMMY??? I mean u r doing gang wars etc etc... and he doesn't fit it at all suicidal.gif
Or at least make him have some new clothes.

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

Actually, a replacement of Tommy (protagonist or whatever) is already needed. Needs already rigged one, that's for sure.

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Oct 20 2009, 14:53)
[Lots of text goes here]
- Writer
Task description: thinks of in-depth features, storyline sections, mission text and occurances
Requirements: good ideas
[More stuff]
- Tester
Task description: they do the least known task, but get to play new Citizen updates first. I could do this myself, but that'd only find bugs in my own gameplay style
Requirements: time, reporting any bugs you find

Are you still looking for any of those? I would gladly take any of them, I might not be the best writer ever, but I sometimes come up with quite good stuff that other people might overlook/not realise... Hm reminds me I should get back into writing stories one of this days, I miss the good ol' inspiration waves I get when writing...
And also let me toss in an idea, how about some stalking mission of sorts? Could be done with simple checks with wether or not is a) player agressive b)in radius of say 100 meters and c) no collission between them... Maybe trying to do some ctw missions could end up good too... just tossing random stuff

And if you need a tester, I could very well be that one too, since I usually like to do weird stuff to see if I can achieve my goals in diferent easier/funnier ways... A bit rusty on Third person games right now, but I'll tell you I can be quite innovative in stuff to do... especially if there are any remote control/engine start car bombs... And after my tidal wave of back to classes begins, I might have just enough time to test stuff... and I'm thinking I'll have even before lol

Oh and, even if you dont choose me for anything, good luck, this thing looks like it'll be awesome

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

Announcing the Citizen Semi-Public Preview Program, a secret government program to help perfect Citizen and spread propaganda throughout the people. Sign up before April 12th and be one of the first people to play Citizen development builds!

And, three new shots. smile.gif (yes, I know they're positioned wrongly)

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Seems much fun, hope kuruma isn't same as before. (Doubt it's changed, anyways.)

Skype counts for signing too, or you already signed me?

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:41 PM

this is indeed a masterpiece. I'm really looking foreward to play this mercie_blink.gif
Here, take them! What I've seen till now is amazing cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:24 AM Edited by NTAuthority, 08 April 2010 - 12:57 PM.

I really don't like having to announce this, but Citizen has been put on hold for an unspecified amount of time. Even though the vision of having it completed is still there, my motivation and inspiration is just fading away every day. Why?

Firstly, lack of interest in Citizen. The project is just too huge to complete all by myself, and there appears to be a huge lack of people applying for tasks as shown in the lack of replies to an earlier post. This may be due to the lack of people knowing real programming languages, it may also be due to other things. gtasearcher, who has supported me for a while, offered to write some cutscene code for me, which would be run using SCRunner. However, he said to me many times 'I'm starting on it, really!' and then 'hm, why doesn't my FPS cleo script work?!?'. nub.

Even more important than people helping with development is people who actually like Citizen and show interest in playing it. As the experiment of the 'Semi-Public Preview Program' showed, only 5 people are actually interested. Wow! 5 f-ing people! Great! What could I ever do to induce more interest, except lowering me to the level of the nubs who write 'CLEO scripts', whatever those may actually be, except for useless 'new features' like 'omg, CJ (note the discrimination against other player characters) can piss/drive races with any car/fly a rocket drone'... or the tons of 'omg, new hideout, it may mess up your save game but that's not my fault!' modifications.

In total, there are 2 complete mission modifications released on the SA map. One of them was released years ago and was great, completely in R* style, but only without side missions (Great Theft Car). More recently, the 'Tenpenny Stories' modification was released, with a huge amount of interest, and what for? A modification with more bugs than a bug house at a zoo, not showing reasons for mission failure, not even using SET_PLAYER_CONTROL, which caused me to fail a mission (without reason, duh) during a cutscene (jippee!). And even worse is their attitude against removal of a specific audio editing tool from their GTAGarage upload ('but it's GPL-licensed?' - duh, the tool is, the GUI you shipped wasn't). Excellent.

One other thing that pushed the imaginary value to the limit even more was james227uk's 'Modern Warfare 2 CLEO mods' pack. It was only posted for, what, less than a week, and in that time already got 4-5 pages of replies. That's another thing that shows the general interest of modification users. What, a next-generation modification that's better than those people'll ever do is too cool for you?

Occasionally, I post some of my comments on other people's tool topics. What follows, is usually the author of the tool getting way too personal on my comment (xmen, most recently, he even abused it by making moderators lock the topic after his reply. many other respected community members are also part of similar actions, like PatrickW) or just saying 'no, you can't release a tool which works with my tool since that might "take over" my tool!'.

I still have another major modification project left for GTA, but I expect to have a ton of bad replies from people as were posted in my OpenVice topic (since it's 'another conversion', basically) and other nubs (like the people who ask about Citizen 'how did you get the Aztecas gang territory on your map? can you release that CLEO separately?' -- IT'S NOT A CLEO YOU MORONS, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE USING YOUR SCUM TOOLS). I guess nobody'll care about the fact that it will contain some things that weren't even done for the GTA IV engine, and some features from there all you nubs out there will call 'impossible'. pwned again.

Anyway, back to Citizen. I originally planned a ton of semi-multiplayer features for it, but later dropped them because of the lack of interest -- if there's nobody to sell your in-game car too, why would I bother implementing it? -- but later announced the possibility of them coming back, that is, if the interest had increased back then. Many of you didn't even notice the pre-alpha build of Citizen back in August of '09, or that it had missions, and I still have the statistics somewhere to prove it. Heck, the save data showed most people still hadn't done anything after starting the game (but it did work, as shown by other things there).

You might call this 'a pointless rant' -- if you think so, fine. However, unless the motivation gets back in some way (either by a good SA mission modification being released, or people getting new interest) Citizen can be declared dead. I would have ended this post with a screenshot of Tommy dying in Citizen, but I just don't feel like firing up CLauncher to make one.

Good luck to y'all, and see you at the release of the 'V' modification.

PS: and if you say the interest has moved to IV, think again. if there really was interest in IV we'd already have mission modifications after > 1 year, or someone who'd written an usable native script compiler.
PPS: and this post was originally envisioned even longer, I might think of posting the 'lost segments' at a later time. smile.gif

edit: un-bolded gtasearcher's name, it made him feel bad it seems

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Apr 8 2010, 10:24)
It sucks to enhance possiblities of SA modding.

Edited and Shortened.

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

Rest in peace, Nate Dogg.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, ehm SA is not the best game for major modifications. Too bad there aren't enough people around there who would be interested in your mod. I hope things are going to change in a positive way for you.

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

"Its sad, so sad
Its a sad, sad situation"
Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif ( good job Elton icon14.gif )

@topic:

I'm really sad about this decission cryani.gif

I always was interrested in new storie mods for the standart map of GTA 'cause there so much places which are so suitable for missions but they weren't used.
... so much possibilities - but they weren't used.
... so much models and functions - but they weren't used.

Unfortunately.

I played GTC and it was one of the best mods I've ever seen 'cause Johnix tried to do, what R* might forgot or refused.

I was really looking foreward to play this mod, cause its one more on the list of major modifications that use the standart map of GTA instead of replacing it with others although GTA SA ain't finished! It's not finished cause the games map has so much potential.

I would join you and help you but not before I'm more familiar with C#.

Unfortuantely you don't have any use of a mapper lol.gif .

So, and I'm not the only one who would've loved playing your mod.

Cheers,
The_Siggi

ps: Inform me instantely if you decide working on this again

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

Well. I've been working to replace the old CitizenLauncher system with a better, more dynamic system lately, and it appears nearly finished. I've also implemented a new updater system for Citizen, which I hope will be usable pretty soon. smile.gif

Anyway, I don't have much to post, neither is there much to possibly reply to, but I do have a 'riddle' for anyone who's still interested smile.gif

Soon, a game turns five, and it's actually still alive, mods will come and go, but Citizen will steal the show.

I'd guess you could guess what it means... it'll be nice. Come on, guess! What, you're not guessing? Guess harder! You can't? Just guess! What did you write there? Nothing, you say? Let me look at it... 'citizen sucks make it cleo'? Why, you little! Where's my rifle? What, I can't kill you? Sure I can, I'm an Agency operative! I'm not? Hey, where did you go? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE HE WENT?

This post has been redacted based on advice given by our legal department, which is outsourced to Rosenberg, Rosenberg & Rosenberg Attorney Services. that schmuck of a lawyer

MadcapSmoky22
  • MadcapSmoky22

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

Hehehe

Please don't let this mod die...it seems extremely cool&epic and you are, I'M SURE OF IT, The most advanced scripter on these forums, and I'm not an assliker I'm saying the truth.
What can I do to help you with this mod? I can't script great really, but I did some alot scripts (in cleo) for myself but there were buggy, and most of these were just conversions from other's people scripts (not from zero, I ALWAYS checked other scripts to get the idea how to make something work right)

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:20 AM

Dude, I dont know why you hate scripters and CLEO so much, yeah its not like an actual programmer.. but that dosnt mean it sucks.

But I love your project really, and I know how you feel about it been big and working alone. icon14.gif

$ Niki $
  • $ Niki $

Group:Sound&Art Prod. Group:Modelers Group:AF Motion GFX

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

Awesome mod, but what happened , any updates

cuvip
  • cuvip

Jefra Bland, miss teen kentuckey US 2009

• Members

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:32 AM

well, i was really sad when heard this news, cause the project is going smoothly sad.gif . But i hope you'll get back to coding this modification again turn.gif . We'll be waiting for you biggrin.gif

Darecki
  • Darecki

a.k.a LinkinDark

• Members

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

Wow, it's going to be an epic mod!
I'm looking forward to it wink.gif

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

http://citizen.dotba...preview-coming/

Well, first of all, I have to apologize for not posting any new items here and not even working on Citizen. As the last post (which is 1 month and 1 day ago) said, something would happen when ‘a game turns five’. Well, surprise – June 7th is the 5th birthday of the North American release of San Andreas for the PC. I had planned to release a nice, solid preview version on that day, but various things happened that caused that not to happen as I planned.

[...]

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:54 AM

I'm guessin' that Windshield GUI is a modification of Wesser's one ?

I like how you added the Speedo into it; loooks very nice !

Can't wait till its release !! tounge.gif

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

Well I'm glad you didn't cancel Citizen since I'm running out of modifictions I can try ( bet I'm not the only one) .

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:40 PM Edited by frank.s, 29 May 2010 - 01:48 PM.

I can't belive i haven't seen this mod before.
NTAuthority you are incredible man, if only this mod scene was full of guys like you. You are like some sort of leet fish in a noob pond.
I understand your reasoning for nearly totally halting Citizens and i too get frustrated with what the mod scene has become nowadays. bored.gif
Also i fukken lol'd at the april fools thing on the site.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

After a long time, I've released the first (second, actually -- counting an odd beta build) preview for Citizen as promised. It might be buggy, it might not even run properly, but hey, it's a preview! smile.gif You can install it using the installer on the download link below. Note that it was only tested and will likely only work with gta_sa.exe of 14,383,616 bytes, or the non-cracked similar version to it.

Download

The installer will download and install possible required dependencies, and will get the Citizen updater, which will then download the full Citizen game files (~50 MB currently). To play, you'll need to register an account on the Citizen forums, but I can't see that being such an huge issue.

The most important parts of this release have been tested and proven to be working, but other parts might not work as they have only received limited testing. If this happens, do not hesitate to contact me on the forums, on GTAForums.com or wherever you may have found this pre-preview.

Now, for a list of third-party asset work used in this modification:

- some of OnePiece's wonderful HQ GTA vehicles
- a modified version of Wesser's Windshield GUI and Zone Text modifications
- ceedj's Tommy Vercetti conversion
- 'Jeff's altered Doherty map files (used for a side-mission smile.gif )
- and a lot of things by other people which aren't used in the current version. wink.gif
Have fun with this pre-preview, and stay tuned for future updates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users