93 replies to this topic
NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

user posted image

Citizen. A project that has been in planning for more than 4 months, and now is not even fully completed... but is coming along pretty smoothly. A modification that might very well be the most advanced single player modification for San Andreas. A modification that crosses the boundaries of the legacy SCM and even the SCO runtime, using a coding method only seen before in GTA4 modifications. That is what Citizen is all about.

Adding new gameplay stuff, concepts never seen before in a GTA game, new collectibles, missions and other minor tweaks to bring a lot of fun to the good old SA. For example, saving your game happens every 5 seconds... to a online server that keeps track of all stuff happening in Citizen. When you start Citizen, the game will automatically check for updated mod files and install them. Even better, Citizen won't alter your normal San Andreas game - when you exit Citizen, SA will be back to normal.

Because typing all features out in a couple of sentences does not work very well, there is going to be a list of features just below this line... and there are even more that are not in the list!

- Completion percentage
- Improved gamepad support
- Rampages rampage_ani.gif
- New mission starting method
- Random side missions like Vehicle Theft
- The best taxi mod for SA
- New missions
- New vehicles
- and a lot more smile.gif

Obviously, you might wonder what the 'episodes' name stands for... indeed, Citizen will be released in episodes, each containing new missions, side missions and other tweaks; and you don't even have to worry about installing them -- it happens automatically! By the way, don't worry... I have permission for all the work by other modders I've used. wink.gif

Some (outdated, in fact) gameplay videos:

The obligatory heap of screenshots:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I'll release the mod when I have some more missions/sidemissions/rampages created... there are just 5 missions in-game now. tounge.gif

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:37 PM

Congratulations on your release, and many kudo's for the concept. cookie.gif cookie.gif
This is indeed pioneering new territory, opening new possibilities in mission coding.
I'm sure to try this one out.

Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:45 PM

Dude, it's awesome! I like the return to the past with the pager system. wink.gif

You have "all my permission" to release my modified Windshield GUI and Town\Zone texts cleo mods.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

this looks epic. im downloading this once i fix my graphics card!!!

=T.A=
  • =T.A=

ManMitDickemPimmel

• Members

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

I love the hud an the weapons logo position

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

This is great man, all your mods are, actually. biggrin.gif

But I have a doubt: Will the players with dial-up conections have problems with this?

cuvip
  • cuvip

Jefra Bland, miss teen kentuckey US 2009

• Members

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

absolutely awesome, can't wait for this, love the car, hud, everything !!!! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

its awsome but i think OP HD cars dont fit there (now some cars are HD and some NO) confused.gif
and second i think you must hange animation for shoting from car (Now he dont have hand on stering wheel)

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

Rest in peace, Nate Dogg.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

Sounds and looks like an awesome script mod. I'll surely give it a try after you release it. By the way, are you using a graphic patch? Your game looks great or it's just because of your graphics card? Anyways, good luck with your mod, I can't wait for the release. wink.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

This looks Awesome! Really opening doors to very cool new stuff.

Very good work mate icon14.gif

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

That is just pure awesomeness. Definitely gonna download this. When you're gonna release it?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for all the nice replies. smile.gif

By the way, are you using a graphic patch? Your game looks great or it's just because of your graphics card?

It's all included in Citizen... Project Reality blended with a few texture modifications. smile.gif

its awsome but i think OP HD cars dont fit there (now some cars are HD and some NO) 

They fit in better than some other third-party cars... and I don't quickly notice the difference.

and second i think you must hange animation for shoting from car (Now he dont have hand on stering wheel)

And that hampers the gameplay... how? III/VC had animations where a hand floated above the wheel, and this is not GTA4. smile.gif

Another thing I've been working on is seamless two-player missions... I've figured out how to load the CControllerState for the second player, and I'm planning on making a lot of missions also co-op capable... that was lacking a bit in the normal SA.

Whenever you find a 2-player mission (which is more than just rampages), you will hopefully be able (though not in the first release) to either log in with a Citizen account (which will download YOUR statistics and such to the second player character) or play as guest (which will be like the original two-player mode, and the only thing in the first release).

Any ideas for co-op missions or other 2-player stuff?

P.S.: No, the two-player support will be fully built in, you don't need SAAC... just one (or two, since you won't be able to use mouselook) XInput-capable controllers (which includes using the XInput emulator) and two players, obviously.

cuvip
  • cuvip

Jefra Bland, miss teen kentuckey US 2009

• Members

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

the 2nd player is controlled with controller or online with the other ?

Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

Ah sorry guy. Where's the improved graphic? I cannot see anything new from those pictures except OnePiece's cars.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:16 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 01 October 2009 - 05:20 PM.

QUOTE (cuvip @ Oct 1 2009, 18:09)
the 2nd player is controlled with controller or online with the other ?

Like the PS2 version - local splitscreen using a gamepad. Creating correctly synced network multiplayer with AI is almost impossible to do. sad.gif By the way, two-player mode support is progressing nicely, and I think 3-4 specific two-player supporting missions will be released shortly after the base Citizen release as a update. Freeroam and 'normal' missions will obviously always be available... co-op 'Protect the VIP' is really fun biggrin.gif

Ah sorry guy. Where's the improved graphic? I cannot see anything new from those pictures except OnePiece's cars.

The GTA IV marker icon (by me), changed road textures (3rd party), new fonts (also by me), improved particles (3rd party again) and my high-quality traced GTA4 style radar are invisible or so? tounge.gif By the way, what do you mean/who are you referring to with 'Ah sorry guy'?

Off-topic: I've found out my regular gamepad I use for testing is totally inferior to a Sixaxis gamepad when it comes to precision in SA/PC... or that may be caused by XInputEmu deadzone settings tounge.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:07 PM

2Player sounds really good. Looking forward to it.

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:15 AM Edited by [SM]CJZera, 02 October 2009 - 01:18 AM.

Co-Op sounds great, I just got an idea shower, and since you asked for ideas...

-----------------WARNING: MANY SOMEWHAT-FRESH IDEAS---------------------------

- How about driving a boat full of drugs or whatever could fit in with the story with the other player firing from it? Or maybe have the boat sail with an NPC at the wheel on a pre-determined path full of enemies/enemy ships while both players struggle to defend it?
- Also some kind of Bomb 'da Base thing would rock, with both players having diferent weapons sets, and eventually needing each other.
- Or you know what? How about a vigilante-like extermination mission? Both players go some place, kill criminals then pursue an escaping vehicle while a couple bikers ala Lure chase the players so they cant fullfill the task with ease?
- Also, I'm thinking of a Free-Roam involving both players choosing diferent weapon sets and then chosing some kind of "game mode" like"zombies" aka punching peds, nothing too elaborated, or "Survival" with few peds on street but having strong weapons like AKs, M4's etc or even maybe a "Two-Man Army" having both players battle against helicopters with men in turret mode like Reuniting the Families and soldiers/swat coming from everywhere, trying to make the best time posible
EDIT: Also, you should try to see if you can make a "fake" rocket launcher via scripts that way it's posible to use an RPG in 2 player

-----------------End of danger zone, no hazmat aparel needed-------------------------

Those were all the ideas in my head right now, I hope you may find something usefull there, my brain ran dry tho

dark_mushrambo
  • dark_mushrambo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

Im very sorry for offtopic.but in first video,whats the first song called? :S

Pegorino.
  • Pegorino.

ModMaker

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

My friend, its really cool.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:48 PM

Uploaded two new gameplay videos... showing rampages and my new T4X4 mission.

Rim
  • Rim

sup

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

Awesome idea, NTAuthority. I love it inlove.gif

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

cool but why tommy ? and he dont hange clothes from 10 years :c olgate:

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

Rest in peace, Nate Dogg.

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (ludi911 @ Oct 4 2009, 18:25)
cool but why tommy ? and he dont hange clothes from 10 years :c olgate:

10 years? I think that Tommy model has nothing to do with VC storyline... By the way, I love the new videos. You are full of great ideas. Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see more.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hi again. smile.gif I have decided to rework a lot of the Citizen modification... for example, you won't be able to choose your own gang - instead, a GTA2-style respect system will be added, but obviously changed to fit into III-style gameplay. Other things I've decided to change with that is for instance the implementation of gang wars - you'll be able to call any gang that does not hate you to initiate a random gang war to another gang's zone.

Also, the main gameplay of GTA games which consists of a linear sequence of scares missions will be overthrown a lot, relying more on random tasks which boost gang respect, intermixed with missions... you know the GTA1 random pager messages? It'll be like those mixed with GTA4's mission starting phone calls, but obviously based on differing parameters. Perhaps I can even make it possible to have multiple missions proceeding at the same time... though mission progress will in that case only be saved up to 'major checkpoints' like Bully's points where dying makes you respawn there, or GTA:CW's trip skip points.

I'm really planning to make Citizen a lot less like a 'classic' GTA game, but instead doing things that you wouldn't see in any R* game... probably smile.gif This could be used to create a unpredictable mission order. For example, in GTA games you often see a series of missions building up to one final thing... but they're all fixed in the same storyline position. I could for example randomly decide which of these series to start, which helps a lot with non-linearity. This may take a lot of work to get to work properly - but it'll be worth it. smile.gif

Also, I could use a bit of help with Citizen... it's not like I can do everything by myself, and having a team support the mod could help a lot. The positions I'm looking for are:

- Writer
Task description: thinks of in-depth features, storyline sections, mission text and occurances
Requirements: good ideas

- Texture/model editor
Task description: create/edit map sections, peds and other such things
Requirements: able to create good textures, possibly map them, perhaps rigging converted ped models... modeling would be a plus

- Coder
Task description: the 1337 guys, they build teh Citizen c0d3z
Requirements: knowledge of C# and GTA coding (including 'when to use certain SA opcodes' and such), time

- Tester
Task description: they do the least known task, but get to play new Citizen updates first. I could do this myself, but that'd only find bugs in my own gameplay style
Requirements: time, reporting any bugs you find

Interested? Please post a reply. smile.gif BTW, I don't want just testers... I know what you think. biggrin.gif

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

The only from list i could be writer, because i can't rig players/ped models with zmodeler2.

Just tell what style of storyline, and i'll try to get something good in my mind.

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:56 PM Edited by H3NR1QU3, 20 October 2009 - 03:57 PM.

Skip this post.

ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:37 AM Edited by ioN, 05 November 2009 - 06:25 AM.

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Oct 20 2009, 09:53)
Hi again. smile.gif I have decided to rework a lot of the Citizen modification... for example, you won't be able to choose your own gang - instead, a GTA2-style respect system will be added, but obviously changed to fit into III-style gameplay. Other things I've decided to change with that is for instance the implementation of gang wars - you'll be able to call any gang that does not hate you to initiate a random gang war to another gang's zone.

Also, the main gameplay of GTA games which consists of a linear sequence of scares missions will be overthrown a lot, relying more on random tasks which boost gang respect, intermixed with missions... you know the GTA1 random pager messages? It'll be like those mixed with GTA4's mission starting phone calls, but obviously based on differing parameters. Perhaps I can even make it possible to have multiple missions proceeding at the same time... though mission progress will in that case only be saved up to 'major checkpoints' like Bully's points where dying makes you respawn there, or GTA:CW's trip skip points.

I'm really planning to make Citizen a lot less like a 'classic' GTA game, but instead doing things that you wouldn't see in any R* game... probably smile.gif This could be used to create a unpredictable mission order. For example, in GTA games you often see a series of missions building up to one final thing... but they're all fixed in the same storyline position. I could for example randomly decide which of these series to start, which helps a lot with non-linearity. This may take a lot of work to get to work properly - but it'll be worth it. smile.gif

Also, I could use a bit of help with Citizen... it's not like I can do everything by myself, and having a team support the mod could help a lot. The positions I'm looking for are:

- Writer
Task description: thinks of in-depth features, storyline sections, mission text and occurances
Requirements: good ideas

- Texture/model editor
Task description: create/edit map sections, peds and other such things
Requirements: able to create good textures, possibly map them, perhaps rigging converted ped models... modeling would be a plus

- Coder
Task description: the 1337 guys, they build teh Citizen c0d3z
Requirements: knowledge of C# and GTA coding (including 'when to use certain SA opcodes' and such), time

- Tester
Task description: they do the least known task, but get to play new Citizen updates first. I could do this myself, but that'd only find bugs in my own gameplay style
Requirements: time, reporting any bugs you find

Interested? Please post a reply. smile.gif BTW, I don't want just testers... I know what you think. biggrin.gif

Bump for good justice.

I could possibly be a tester. Got a lot of time and my play style is sporadic. Sometimes I just like to drive around blowing sh*t up. Other times drive around with gang members shooting people or just running around shooting people and stuff.

Also I can model a little bit. Learning more and more every few days. I can't texture just yet(Maybe a ball or a crate but nothing like a gun just yet). But once I find a good tutorial I'll be down for that. Oh BTW I'm talking about weapons. I can't make my own peds but I can modify existing ones and re-export them back into the game.

If you want me to show you some stuff it may take about 2 or 3 days but I'll get something.

Also I can make some good maps. But MEd is f*cking up for me and taking like 10, maybe 15 seconds for it to load once I select something. It also freezes every now and again. So that's a no go.

EDIT: I can't export my models. I'm working on an uzi but when I try and export it says "Diffuse: Undefined" or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:10 PM Edited by bammargera, 14 December 2009 - 08:13 PM.

Love the weapon icon layout HUD etc, any chance of releasing it as a seperate cleo?

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Dec 14 2009, 20:10)
Love the weapon icon layout HUD etc, any chance of releasing it as a seperate cleo?

I think it's already released somewhere else, but I don't know where.

Cool mod btw, first time I see it!

cookie.gif cookie.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users