Grand Theft Auto: Paradise City

103 replies to this topic
AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

I know it has not been updated in about a year.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Jun 4 2010, 16:54)
I know it has not been updated in about a year.

Shame that. Because it is such a good idea.

I'm glad it was brought back up, it deserves the credit!

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

An alternate title could be "Grand Theft Auto: Vice Andreas". Because "San city" wouldn't sound as good.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

This deserves a bump, have not read it in a while but thought i would again and it is clearly very good and unique. I love the fact that the name is a reference to Guns N Roses and the map is great. To the OP, Will it ever be updated again?

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

Wow haven't seen this topic In ages lol.gif What a great topic inlove.gif

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

from what game is the screen-shot

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

I think Its Midnight Club wink.gif

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Nov 25 2010, 20:30)

dont think so.
in midnight club you would never see the police on foot

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Nov 25 2010, 22:59)
QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Nov 25 2010, 20:30)

dont think so.
in midnight club you would never see the police on foot

Yes it is actually Midnight Club LA as Wenis told me and you do see them on foot in the arrest scene.

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:41 AM Edited by Wenis IV, 26 November 2010 - 07:53 AM.

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Sep 23 2010, 19:06)
This deserves a bump, have not read it in a while but thought i would again and it is clearly very good and unique. I love the fact that the name is a reference to Guns N Roses and the map is great. To the OP, Will it ever be updated again?

I know Ive completely forgotten about this topic pretty much lol. I just got really busy after I started it and then forgot about it I guess. I dont know if Ill update it, I'm not sure what I could add to it other than a story but im not sure if it is worth adding one since it would probably be lame, but who knows maybe I will. Actually I might sort of re-do the box art for this and then that might get me inspired to revive the topic (I know its over a year late, what a crappy OP I am sad.gif )

The funny thing though, is that I re-read some of the missions I had planned. And one of them was to go aboard a cruise ship via an air vehicle or something and kill someone. Then a few weeks later TBoGT came out and you pretty much did a mission like that lol.. except it was a yacht and you stole a heli, then killed people lol. R* stole my idea, i demand compensation....

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Wenis IV @ Nov 26 2010, 07:41)
QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Sep 23 2010, 19:06)

I know Ive completely forgotten about this topic pretty much lol. I just got really busy after I started it and then forgot about it I guess. I dont know if Ill update it, I'm not sure what I could add to it other than a story but im not sure if it is worth adding one since it would probably be lame, but who knows maybe I will. Actually I might sort of re-do the box art for this and then that might get me inspired to revive the topic (I know its over a year late, what a crappy OP I am sad.gif )

The funny thing though, is that I re-read some of the missions I had planned. And one of them was to go aboard a cruise ship via an air vehicle or something and kill someone. Then a few weeks later TBoGT came out and you pretty much did a mission like that lol.. except it was a yacht and you stole a heli, then killed people lol. R* stole my idea, i demand compensation....

lol it's a great concept mate also i am in need of a boxart so if you have time to make one that will be appreciated.

Good work though.

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Asoyfy37 @ Oct 10 2009, 22:03)
The word "Paradise" in their name will be a fine idea. Is there a word for paradise in Spanish, maby a word that isnt close to the English word for paradise?

Paradise is Spanish is Paraiso.

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:13 AM

I like the idea of a racist redneck gang because I personally hate racists, so I would most likely attack them almost every time I see them.

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Allen14n @ Nov 27 2010, 05:13)
I like the idea of a racist redneck gang because I personally hate racists, so I would most likely attack them almost every time I see them.

Thanks, yeah the racist redneck game I think is cool because if done with GTA humor it would just be funny to be around them and hear the crap they say lol. And like you said fun to kill.

And AnthMUFC, I could make you a box art, but would you want it a real GTA style box art (those take a long time to make lol), or one sort of like the new one I just made? (and on that note if anyone hasnt checked out the first post then go ahead again because I updated some of the graphics and added a larger map as well as comparison in size to San andreas' map)

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

To be honest mate i preferred your old graphics but i also like your new ones as well so maybe you could include a bit of both, old and new.

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

MERRY CHRISTMAS MUTHAPHUCKAAA!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

Damn, I've seen this while looking at all the dead topics to see what I missed in the time I wasn't a member at the forums and never really looked at this, but now that I have I got to say it looks good, and is this the first concept thread, ever?

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (Wenis IV @ Nov 27 2010, 07:50)
QUOTE (Allen14n @ Nov 27 2010, 05:13)

Thanks, yeah the racist redneck game I think is cool because if done with GTA humor it would just be funny to be around them and hear the crap they say lol. And like you said fun to kill.

Humor is always a great aspect of the Grand Theft Auto series, and it should continue that way. For a guy who only finds clever jokes funny, Grand Theft Auto won my sense of humor. Diversity is always good, too.

If this was a real game, I would go ahead and purchase it.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Dressed To Kill

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (san andreas state @ Nov 27 2010, 20:01)
Damn, I've seen this while looking at all the dead topics to see what I missed in the time I wasn't a member at the forums and never really looked at this, but now that I have I got to say it looks good, and is this the first concept thread, ever?

I think Lincoln State was probably the first big concept thread. That was early '09.

I remember seeing this though and the graphics were pretty new to GTA 'next' as it was then tounge.gif It would be cool if you revived this, Wenis, especially if you had mission ideas so good Rockstar nicked off with them!

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:36 AM

wouldn't Criterion and EA sue for using Burnout Paradise's name?

cannow
  • cannow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:13 AM

That sounds amazing, I would truly love for this to be the next GTA.

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Nov 28 2010, 08:36)
wouldn't Criterion and EA sue for using Burnout Paradise's name?

No, because the word Paradise isn't trademarked

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

I think that this topic is really NIIIIIIICE! I didn't read any of that big text, I just liked all those big pictures. Good layout.

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

Thanks. I just added some more images for each section. But I'm at the max images per post for the main post, so I'll just edit the second post I made in this thread (which is about 5 posts into it unfortunately). Maybe I can get a mod to delete some of the other posts just so there isn't a gap between them (not that I mind the other posts, I just didn't know there was an image limit otherwise I would have reserved some posts right after creating the thread).

michaelw352
  • michaelw352

Michaelw352

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

did you guys give up or something? You need to add some more pictures and progress.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (michaelw352 @ Mar 12 2011, 16:16)
did you guys give up or something? You need to add some more pictures and progress.

Wenis isn't that active tbh and I think he Is finished with this concept icon14.gif

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

your map is wrong . you said the west is more run down yet the ghetto is in the east and the hotel district is in the west.

good work but I find this a bit of a rip off from burnout paradise (same theme tune and city name)

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

I like this concept a lot! The graphics are very well done and the whole theme of it revolving around extreme sports and daredevil stunts is kind of a throwback to the innocence of earlier GTAs, instead of the new era being all about gritty criminal politics and drama. The story could do with some improvements, though. Other than that, well done icon14.gif

LEXTY
  • LEXTY

"♫ Barefoot girls, Dancing in the moonlight"

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

Great song ontro

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:26 AM

I know this is old or whatever but this is really a good concept. Good job. I really like the screenshot. How'd you take that one?

GTATommyVercetti
  • GTATommyVercetti

Hey! .................Do I know you??!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

Make some WALLPAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Feels like fu**ing VICE CITY!
But no palm trees sad.gif

Great Concept I really like the whole thing.

10/10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users