Photo

Grand Theft Auto: Paradise City

103 replies to this topic
tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:35 AM

err are the gangs actually called, The Mexican gang, The Black gang and The rednecks? lol

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:49 AM

Thanks anthmufc, the screenshot is actually of Midnight Club Los Angeles, since it runs off the same engine as GTA IV (I think), it looks similiar to GTA IV. Then I just made the actual HUD myself and pasted it over the screenshot.

And tarnell, nah they aren't lol, I just put those in as placeholders for now... if you can think of some good names for them then I'll use it

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

Mate like i said best idda but needs more work just check out my sanjuraz topic. Also how did you make the map its great.

Asoyfy37
  • Asoyfy37

If you saw This Man, it is no dream.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Wenis IV @ Oct 7 2009, 11:49)
Thanks anthmufc, the screenshot is actually of Midnight Club Los Angeles, since it runs off the same engine as GTA IV (I think), it looks similiar to GTA IV. Then I just made the actual HUD myself and pasted it over the screenshot.

And tarnell, nah they aren't lol, I just put those in as placeholders for now... if you can think of some good names for them then I'll use it

The black gang can be called "ParadizyDemonz" and the Rednecks can be called "ParaDeathHoodz". The Mexican gang's name wont be in English, I have no idea how should it be called.

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

cookie.gif for the Guns N Roses reference. haha.

Looks good

manga-ka
  • manga-ka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:47 AM

It has a SAAB 9000. It gets a thumbs-up from me!

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:21 AM

Mate nearly everthing so for in this topic is good, the GNR referance, the story, the hud, the map and the songs but it does need more work in time.

PS: Do you use photoshop?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:53 AM Edited by K^2, 08 October 2009 - 06:57 AM.

Great idea. I do worry about EA taking issue with the name, though.

A few notes on the aircraft. The unlabeled single-engine airplane is a Piper Warrior II. I don't know if you left it unlabeled because you didn't know the name, or why.

For the news chopper, you have Bell Long Ranger, which is what GTA IV's Maverick is. If they include that, I'd like to see it in police and private variations as well.

You suggest plane races, but no racing planes? How about Extra 300? I also like Su-26, but I'm a bit biased there. Both of these craft have been used in Red Bull races.

P.S. An aircraft carrier somewhere off-shore can serve as an extra landing strip, without overcrowding map with airports. A salt lake in the desert can serve a similar function.

Anthony33
  • Anthony33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:47 PM

Wow, this is just truly amazing. Can't imagine how much work it took ya' to do all of this. cookie.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

Brilliant wenis. This topic is brill, the work you have put into it has been incredible. For that reason here's a cookie. cookie.gif in fact have two lol! cookie.gif

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:45 AM

Just skimmed through this, I'll take a closer look another time, but I have to give you top marks on the time and effort that's clearly gone into this. Any game is going to be enhanced if Paradise city is one of the songs on the stations (I can just see the tv ads now), and as for the name, it's good as a "home made" installment like yours, but as noted before, it's the burnout series, and isn't there bad blood with R* and EA? (I don't follow behind the scenes news, but I think I picked up on it from the forums). At first glance, it's very Vice City-esque (not really a bad thing), and the music is a decent mix (even if I hate some of it, but I know it's all about the theme, not me), there is already more songs there that I like than on IV.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

The mexican gang could be called "Los diablos santos" or "The Godly Devils". (Babelfish online translation used for spanish.)

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:47 PM Edited by K^2, 10 October 2009 - 10:01 PM.

My Spanish is rather flimsy, but I'm pretty sure "The Holly Devils" would be a better translation.

Edit: Another thought. Looked at the map. All of the runways are aligned N/S or E/W. That's boring. You should mix it up a bit. And if you have two runways in different directions, they don't necessarily have to run perpendicular to each other.

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

no, I think it's "The Saint Devils"
there are many words in spanish that are almost the same in portuguese (Brazil's language)

Asoyfy37
  • Asoyfy37

If you saw This Man, it is no dream.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:03 PM

The word "Paradise" in their name will be a fine idea. Is there a word for paradise in Spanish, maby a word that isnt close to the English word for paradise?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

there are many words in spanish that are almost the same in portuguese (Brazil's language)

Yeah, I know that "Los Santos" would be "The Saints". But would you have a different word for "Holly", or would you still use "Santos"? I thought it was the later, and that would make for a better translation. Is there a separate word for "Holly" in Portuguese?

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Oct 10 2009, 19:04)

Yeah, I know that "Los Santos" would be "The Saints". But would you have a different word for "Holly", or would you still use "Santos"? I thought it was the later, and that would make for a better translation. Is there a separate word for "Holly" in Portuguese?

"Holly" in portuguese is "Sagrado", of course there are variations, of genre (Sagrada) and number (Sagrados, Sagradas)

pretty confusing for english speakers at the beginning panic.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

Ah... That's right. It's the same in Spanish. Gaudi's Church in Barcelona is called, "Temple de la Sagrada Familia" - "Church of the Holy Family". Completely forgot about that one.

So yeah, you're right. "Saint Devils" would be a much better translation then.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

Hell, I wouldn't know. I used the old altavista babelfish.

Dompa
  • Dompa

Programmer / Scripter

• Members

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

looks amazing, good luck on project...

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:12 AM

Thanks to everyones replies, sorry I've been sort of inactive from this thread lately I had a long week last week. But everythings good now and i'll get back to working on this. Right now I'm making the storyline, or at least just getting ideas of how it will be (sorta like creating the "skeleton" of the story, that way I can get a clear idea of how it will be so it will be easy to add in missions from there).

And AnthMUFC, I don't use photoshop I actually use Paint.NET ( http://getpaint.net/ ). Its completely free (even though photoshop can be "free" too lol), but it is a lot more user friendly than photoshop to me.

WhittyC
  • WhittyC

sXe

• Members

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

Dude, really sweet, love the map and story.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

Nice idea, cool pictures. Don't know about the protagonist though, he looks a little too... metrosexual? Can't really see someone like that as a gta protagonist, maybe someone a bit more masculine looking.

hugorohden
  • hugorohden

That girl's a genius! I think she's serious!

• Members

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

This is just perfect!

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

Man what happend this was such a good topic i really wish you would add more.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

This is amazing, really cool ideas!

The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

Looks pretty cool.... but where the hell do you expect to get an XM8? A military prototype that hasn't been in development since 2005, and has no civilian models available?

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (The_Mario_Man @ Jun 4 2010, 16:38)
Looks pretty cool.... but where the hell do you expect to get an XM8? A military prototype that hasn't been in development since 2005, and has no civilian models available?

Mabey theres another Mike Toreno like guy who is..i guess crooked and will give it to you, when you help him take down agents!

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

I remember when WenisIV first created this topic and everyone was praising it. Too bad it hasn't been updated.

drscot
  • drscot

Step Into My World

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

i love the riches to rags, as oppose to rags to riches. could i suggest LA, desert beach, salton sea and the surrounding area as a location? it has the vice city beaches and the san andreas deserts, so in theory, it would be perfect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users