Photo

GTA IV Mapping - The State Of Things

4 replies to this topic
supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:42 AM

Here we can discuss custom maps and tools to make objects, collisions, etc.

If you are making tools, researching formats, etc - please discuss the findings here.

The main reason I am making this topic is because it's hard to get an idea of the current state of map mod ability. So I figure, it will be useful to have this topic to be able to see what developers are coming up with, what are their plans, and for them to get feedback if they wonder about what people would find the best workflow etc.

Shadow-Link
  • Shadow-Link

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

Currently working on a map editor and some collision stuff tounge.gif that's all I am working on now.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:33 AM Edited by supermortalhuman, 06 October 2009 - 10:25 PM.

So you're all alone in this? I mean, globally, you're the only person who posted. You have my support.

So much for that twerp who said "SA is dead, IV is the new one!" when the only thing that sees any real action is SA, and even that is lackluster.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Oct 6 2009, 03:33)
So you're all alone in this? I mean, globally, you're the only person who posted. You have my support.

So much for that twerp who said "SA is dead, IV is the new one!" when the only thing that sees any real action is SA, and even that is lackluster.

That Twerp has his own topic in the tools forum and has been posting progress pics and doesn't feel the need for posting in an obviously pointless topic when a quick look through the tools forum would give you a much better answer.

you really need to take a damn good look around the internet, if you did you would realise that there are a lot more gta websites out there than this one and there have been more car mods released in the last 2 months for GTA-IV than there have been for SA in over a year, admittedly they're mostly conversions but it does show that there is a lot more interest in modding IV than there is for modding SA atm, it just so happens that they're not allowed to post on this website.

stop taking such a blinkered view of the gta modding scene, gtaforums is not the be all and end all of gta modding.

and i have to agree, Prince-Link is doing an amazing job with his IV tools.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:44 AM

does look really good, doesn't it. what topic of where tools? More discussions, it's gloomy. IV lives or dies, someone just posted a topic about 10 months and can't even import sounds or something to that effect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users