What was missed in San Andreas?

72 replies to this topic
tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (d.nivatkar @ Oct 2 2009, 07:52)
This thread is gonna be closed if this becomes a GTA IV in SA topic ... read the first post

i did and i put i want to be in SA, got a problem with that?

dxk
  • dxk

The Boss...

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

Now, now...play nice, girls.

@topic: I wish we had better fight moves.

LoboTheWolf
  • LoboTheWolf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:19 AM Edited by lil weasel, 20 August 2012 - 07:08 AM.

EDIT: << Merged reply from unrelated topic to existing topic of correct subject >>

QUOTE (Southpaw311 @ Friday, Aug 22 2008, 15:12)
Only one thing that would have made the countryside much for interesting: Wildlife. How crazy would it that be to drive in the country and a deer comes out crossing the road? Use the rifle to hunt other animals. That would have been awesome.

I would have loved to have animals in Gta Sa it would be cool if a mod came out with that. Animals. It would be awesome to have wildlife. Countrysides are dull without wildlife. Red Dead Redemption was spot on with this.

Avskygod0
  • Avskygod0

Snitch

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

Make it more outlandish like Saint's row 3

CrazyRaisin
  • CrazyRaisin

Consoles suck, yeah I be hatin, problem?

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

They had what they had when making this.. so I think it's perfect

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (CrazyRaisin @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 21:58)
They had what they had when making this.. so I think it's perfect

But there are some things that should make the game more awesome. moto_whistle.gif

Csabi98
  • Csabi98

Knight

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Taxi feature. Well yeah, it may be in GTA IV too but I never played it cause my PC is crap.. I don't even know how could they not come up with theese awesome idea in VC already!?!?!

Realistic traffic. I mean, cars wouldn't just pop out in front of you.

Personal car for CJ. Its not the same as the garage feature. You would get a car from the start, like Sweet's Greenwood and it would've always respawned near your house(not in the garage).

Jobs. Vigilante didn't seem so exciting so what about real jobs. S.W.A.T. where you enter gang houses to stop criminal activity. Police would not only follow with a car but would chase on feet too and would have to chance to ticket the man instead of killing him. Bodyguard. Illegal jobs. Hitman, Dealer, Pimp, Robber.

I would've spent a lot more time on GTA SA if theese would've been in it, although some features listed by others and myself can be easily dealt with CLEO mods or any other mods. I mean, you want realistic gangsters and mafias, not only three types of guys in the same color? Get some skin, vehicle, gun mods, you can get really cool ones if you search.

OG.Steccky
  • OG.Steccky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Nice thread, I like everybodys' opinion. colgate.gif smile.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Sep 29 2009, 03:32)
Yeah a Alcatraz-ish type prison island would've been great. Sweet could've been sent there, and you have to break him out.

What the heck are you doing in the SA forum?! thought you weren't a fan of SA.

I would've liked to see the Vagos/Ballas take over eachothers territories.

And in my opinion They should've added the Da-Nang, rifa, triad, etc.... territories.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Saturday, Oct 3 2009, 03:01)
Car wash.  Mentioned in previews, non-functional in game.  But they did leave in the effect of cars getting dirty, meant to be washed.  Oops.

That always annoyed me a little. You'd find a really nice car and then for whatever reason there's dirt and grime all over it and no way to "clean" it without going to a Pay 'n Spray. Lord knows why they took the carwash out but left dirty cars in dozingoff.gif It's like they forgot to remove it!

And wow, this shows how tired I am. I just replied to a 3 year old post and didn't even notice until now.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:28 PM Edited by lil weasel, 26 August 2012 - 03:53 PM.

[EDIT Obviously you didn't either, both posts are three years old!] LW
If a post offends you, is in the wrong location, or violates a Forum Rule donít respond to it. Just use the Report Post Feature to explain why you believe action is needed. If the screen flashes and returns you to the Forum it means the Posting has already been reported. Again, Donít Respond to it.

Obviously you didn't read the first post.

And do you kiss your mama with that mouth? be a good boy and go suck on a lollipop.

Back on topic: another thing that i would've been awesome to see in SA, would be a(n) Grenade Launcher.

RobertNick
  • RobertNick

Triad

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

A job feature, like News Reporter or Cop.

winme05
  • winme05

Ignore username. It's ATOS Productions.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

I would want to make the dual-wield optional, and a large accuraccy drop, if you're wielding two guns, full size break-open shotgun, mini and full-sized UZI, ability to unfold and use SMG stock and stuff like that. And maybe alternative storyline where you can convince Ryder to leave Ballas. And ability to tke over San fierro gang hoods for Mountain Cloud Boys.

Celestail
  • Celestail

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

alcatraz... has anyone checked the map at Toreno's cabin also in lil probe inn, there is a extra island on it north of SF (Alcatraz) possibly beta map confused.gif

I would of liked a 1st person mode that could be toggled or by changing cam view.

Didowe
  • Didowe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

Considering all the extremely powerful things you can obtain (A JETPACK!), I think submarines would have been really cool. Especially if there is an active ocean floor with sunken ship ruins all over the map. That's where the oysters should have been hidden in.

Hot Coffee....yea, it made modding much harder but...nevermind.
I remembered reading somewhere that vehicles you drove would be 'taken' into the LS police station when they disappear and you can break into that building to take back your sexy modded car back. We need that feature D=.

RagingDroidX
  • RagingDroidX

Lets burn this mothaf*cka down

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Wild animals that would attack You, In similar places like the ghost cars!

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I would have liked to have seen the M249, M60 and 120+ weapons mentioned a magazine preview.

Terminator-UK
  • Terminator-UK

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'd have liked a Safehouse in Bayside. It's such a nice quiet town to get away from it all because there's not much else in Bayside other than the Boat School.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

He he he just saw something that it would be usefull if they had used it, inside doherty garage there is a calendar if they had use it to show what day you are in it would be awesome.
PS. (I don't remeber i there is any other place with a calendar)

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Wild animals.

How cool would it have been to be fighting off different animals in the country side? I would have loved to see some scorpions and some bears out there.

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Just 1 fact, the Alcatraz island missed since the beta version removed sad.gif

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

I don't think anything should have been altered with the game. GTA: SA was and still is my favourite game. It was perfect in the eyes of many gamers and it is a game which changed the GTA series.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

An automatic sniper rifle should've been in the game.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

There was sort of a plot hole with the grenades, being that CJ never removed the "pin" prior to tossing the bomb.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 14:05)
There was sort of a plot hole with the grenades, being that CJ never removed the "pin" prior to tossing the bomb.

And, we don't see the spoon fly when he tosses them. Also, we don't see CJ dropping or loading clips and magazines in the pistols and rifles, Nor pulling the pins and loading the rockets into the missile launchers, nor belts into the mini-gun. lighting the rags on the Molotov cocktails. He doesn't break windows or use a 'slim-jim' to enter a lock door and doesn't hot wire or turn the keys when he steals vehicles. He's not sodden when he leaves the water or moves in the rain.
The 100$ bribe money never gets paid when he grabs a badge (star), or hospital fee in the PC version.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 09:28)

And, we don't see the spoon fly when he tosses them. Also, we don't see CJ dropping or loading clips and magazines in the pistols and rifles, Nor pulling the pins and loading the rockets into the missile launchers, nor belts into the mini-gun. lighting the rags on the Molotov cocktails. He doesn't break windows or use a 'slim-jim' to enter a lock door and doesn't hot wire or turn the keys when he steals vehicles. He's not sodden when he leaves the water or moves in the rain.
The 100$ bribe money never gets paid when he grabs a badge (star), or hospital fee in the PC version.

All the aspects you list have been mentioned (somewhere on the forum) previously. Mine, however, wasn't. Anyway, the game missed out on a biker gang.

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 16:41)
[QUOTE=lil weasel,Friday, Jun 14 2013, 09:28]
And, we don't see the spoon fly when he tosses them.

Spoons? what spoons?

also I think being able to do some sort of special attack move (like Saints row 3, but to fit CJs role) like if some ones fighting you and you have a bat, press (BUTTON/KEY) to run behind them and choke them with it or something.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Jioyt @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 19:45)
Spoons? what spoons?

The 'spoon' is the lever on the side of the grenade.
When it is released (pin pulled) will fly off (spring loaded) to allow the striker to initiate spark so the fuse will start to burn and (hopefully) ignite the charge inside the body (in four seconds).

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

Can I say storyline? Maybe if they did the 3 protagonist thing in SA, it would have been a lot more fun. Claude in San Fierro, Tommy in Venturas, CJ in Los Santos.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (TonyMontanaCDL @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 21:22)
Can I say storyline? Maybe if they did the 3 protagonist thing in SA, it would have been a lot more fun. Claude in San Fierro, Tommy in Venturas, CJ in Los Santos.

Although, that does sound like a good idea, I think the game would be too short.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users