2,531 replies to this topic
Mion
  • Mion

Duke #MarchMadness

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's literally preference, it's not a big enough deal you need to write an essay js.

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

Think different. Question everything.

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Most things in life are a matter of preference, yet people like to expose their vision of them and exactly why they prefer one over the other.

Others' justified opinions already helped me decide my own, so I try to be helpful to others as well. You're not obligated to read my "essay", though.

Arrow
  • Arrow

Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 2 weeks ago

It seems like Google Assistant is slowly being rolled to all devices now. That's a good improvement over Google Now. Can't wait for the Global Version of the update. It's being done though a Google Play Services update.

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

My sister's Nvidia Shield K1 already got it and yesterday she already had some fun playing arround with it. According to Google, most devices with Android 6 or 7, at least 1,5Gb of RAM and an HD screen at compatible with it, those who haven't received it yet should be just a matter of waiting.

Arrow
  • Arrow

Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

My sister's Nvidia Shield K1 already got it and yesterday she already had some fun playing arround with it. According to Google, most devices with Android 6 or 7, at least 1,5Gb of RAM and an HD screen at compatible with it, those who haven't received it yet should be just a matter of waiting.

Did it come with the recently mentioned "software upgrade 5.1"? I read about it a while back.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Must be a regional release thing, as I've got the Nvidia Shield K1, recently updated to 5.1 (Android 7.0), and I've not got Google Assistant yet.  I'm guessing it's going to be like Google's version of Siri or Cortana... basically an annoying thing that you just want to tell it to f*ck off?

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Almost smashed my phone today...on purpose. Earlier today I was messaging a friend and I noticed that it's unbelievably difficult to type in any language other than English. That is hugely annoying but then TIDAL started to act all f*cky, or my phone, or Cyanogen, or something, and I nearly punched through the screen but I held back and gave it two hard slaps. Apparently you can do that thanks to Gorilla Glass. I hurt my hand a bit. Touch screen phones are definitely way more annoying than older phones. I've never felt the urge to smash a phone quite like this before.

Anyway. I should probably start meditating again.

Arrow
  • Arrow

Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

Must be a regional release thing, as I've got the Nvidia Shield K1, recently updated to 5.1 (Android 7.0), and I've not got Google Assistant yet.  I'm guessing it's going to be like Google's version of Siri or Cortana... basically an annoying thing that you just want to tell it to f*ck off?

Yes, it's regional. US release before the rest of the world as usual. It's done through a Google Play Services update. I'd say it's better than Cortana(which lacks a ton of features & not interactive).

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago

For months a microphone issue has been haunting me, and after I tried a ton of things I think it's time to seek for help.

Problem: on phone calls, people use to complain about very poor audio quality from my side, being choppy and distorted. This is not a persistent problem as it's usually working fine and then the problem happens.

What I've already tried:
  • Testing the mic on a recording. It's working perfectly, no hardware issues or obstructions.
  • Uninstalled apps I had installed by about when the problem began happening.
  • Booted into safe mode.
  • Tried to use an headphone unit.
  • Turned on and off the Bluetooth (some said it could be a glitch cause).
  • Deleted the cache partition - this worked the first time and it was fine for a month or so, but I've tried to do this again with no luck now.
Basically, I've tried every single solution I've seen online, except doing a factory reset. It's a bit of an ache to do it and I don't really want to unless it's really the only option left, as on most forums I've read people with similar issues always pointed it didn't solved. Finally, should I send it to warranty? Since the mic is working fine I'm not sure if it's hardware caused.

Phone: Samsung J3, Android 5.1

Arrow
  • Arrow

Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted A week ago Edited by Arrow, A week ago.

AFAIK, Software/OS never has anything to do with physical issues like audio, unless it's a sh*tty ROM and buggy AF. If your device is under warranty, it might be a good idea to get it checked at the nearest customer outlet. Hopefully they'll rectify the issue for you.
  • Zombified Andy likes this

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 days ago

The issue seems to no longer happen, so I guess it was just the cache causing errors once more. Thanks a lot for your help anthough I don't entirely agree with you, as my search concluded this problem isn't that rare to happen and it's usually a software bug like in my case.

I used a VPN server to trick Google Playstore and finally try out Cortana. I'm actually amazed by it, I never appreciated it's PC counterpart but the mobile version is really good and intuitive (a lot better than Now/Assistant imo). I'll stick with it for a while, I'm quite enjoying it and such a shame Microsoft doesn't make it avaliable worldwide.

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Android, 3 days ago.

"O-MG, the Developer Preview of Android O is here!"

"Android O Features and APIs"

bring it on fam

I'm still betting on Oreo for the name.

Or maybe they'll change ann of the menu colors to Orange and name it that.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users