Photo

What ever happend to Carjackers?

30 replies to this topic
DRz Calderon
  • DRz Calderon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:19 PM

You know, like in GTA 3 and Vice City, those criminal looking individuals who will carjack your car if you stay stationary near them. I mean, I can understand they can be quite annoying but it brings a more life into the city and shows that you aren't the only criminal in the game.

I Wonder why they removed them

stinomontana
  • stinomontana

contract chiller

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:23 PM

im actually happy that they are gone

the reason why they dint add them to gta4 is because, and you already said the aswer,
they are anoying tounge.gif

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

Car jackers weren't removed. I already had my car stolen twice, that I remember - might have been more because I already lost some nice cars while they were parked.

Once I was standing near the safehouse in Bohan hearing that preacher. Suddenly a guy came in running, broke the window of my car and off he went. I immediately shoot the guy, of course lol, so he wasn't a lucky criminal.

On another occasion I was stopped in a red light (yes, stopped in a red light biggrin.gif ) and a guy started running towards me, opened the door, punched Niko and took the car. I didn't have any weapons with me at that time, so I had to stole another car and chase the guy. I was able to crash on him really hard and he died. confused.gif

So car jackers are still around, but they're rarer.

dre120v
  • dre120v

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Sep 22 2009, 13:38)
Car jackers weren't removed. I already had my car stolen twice, that I remember - might have been more because I already lost some nice cars while they were parked.

Once I was standing near the safehouse in Bohan hearing that preacher. Suddenly a guy came in running, broke the window of my car and off he went. I immediately shoot the guy, of course lol, so he wasn't a lucky criminal.

On another occasion I was stopped in a red light (yes, stopped in a red light biggrin.gif ) and a guy started running towards me, opened the door, punched Niko and took the car. I didn't have any weapons with me at that time, so I had to stole another car and chase the guy. I was able to crash on him really hard and he died. confused.gif

lol.gif

The Lost Brotherhood
  • The Lost Brotherhood

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

If you steal a unique car from a mission e.g the Pink Feltzer then don't save at your safehouse after parking it there straight away the next time you go to that safehouse the car will be taken away by two fat Northwood gangsters, happened twice to me, Once with the Pink Feltzer and once with the Hearse from the McCreary funeral, however i shot the guys taking the Feltzer. I wasn't so lucky with the Hearse.

TimMosely01
  • TimMosely01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

Ya i know i want the highjackers back cause its no point to the game if there is crime activitey going on in the city?

" Sorry for the bad Spelling"

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

yeah the lack of crime other than that being committed by Niko kinda bugged me. I mean you saw people get arrested once in awhile... but it was nothing like the GTA3 days when you would see carjackings going on and crazy gang wars in the streets. That might be one thing I miss the most actually... the gang wars... like in III if you went to the border of two gang turfs a lot of the times you'd see them in a huge gun fight... but that never happens in IV. When gang members of different gangs encounter each other they seem to act like they are in fact in the same gang, they stand around talking with each other... you'll see it a lot in Alderney City where there's both Korean Mob and Spanish Lords and in Acter where there's both the Lost and MOB.

Andrew.
  • Andrew.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

I have seen ped on ped crime, i was sitting by the road side in a limo while i was on the phone, i looked up and say a radom ped run up to a biker knock him off his bike, get on it and ride away, the jack ped just got up and walked off, i was like WTF thats funny

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

I have occasionally seen carjackers pull drivers out of cars and steal them. I usually try and shoot them and get the car back! And, I notice a lot of hobos driving smart cars. Highly suspicious.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:21 PM

I loved carjackers in the old games. I'd load a Banshee with a bomb, wait until a guy would get ready to steal it and then arm it. Boom!

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:09 AM

^I know! I always did that in Portland, so funny.

floppay
  • floppay

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:04 AM

Umm, cops randomly are seen chasing and arresting people. That is a non-annoying and better representation of there being more than one criminal in LC.

But like everything that was improved, people want it to be cruddy again for nostalgia. cryani.gif

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

I was just circling about in a heli last night and went near a firestation. Saw one of the fire engines start to drive away so i kept diving down and tipping it, eventually it crashed and wouldn't go so i jumped out, turned out to be just the 1 guy, and not a fireman tounge.gif
Lack of gang fighting is quite annoying. In III i use to just tail a gang car and watch it go into another gang area, next thing it would be a crazy driver and all hell breaking loose smile.gif

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:28 AM

I wondered that too. But I also still get uncomfortable when I see a ped with a red shirt, so...

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

I always see people getting arrested, thrown in the back of squad cars, people fist fighting, and although not as easy to spot as "look that guy is wearing blue shorts he's gonna steal a car", there are car jackers. There's also a few spots with cars being pulled over. Gang shootouts don't just happen while you zoom by in your Comet. I.E. - Between Hove Beach and Firefly projects you'll often see the Russians and the Black dudes getting into it.

Alot of times you can provoke gang wars devil.gif by firing your gun off at their borders and eventually both sides will start shooting at each other. You can sit back with some popcorn and wait for the cops to get there and join in too. This game doesn't put out big bright markers everywhere you gotta experiment to get results alot of sh*t isn't obvious like gta games in the past.

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

Yeah talking about gangs and obvious, i don't have a friggin clue if there is a gang or not.. lol At first i actually thought they had got rid of the gangs (suppose i really should start playing offline.. not tounge.gif )

Cool i'll have to check out Hove beach. Been just leaving Niko at random places and watching things that happen but nothing much seems to, just the odd person getting hit by a car (looks like its mainly peds faults lol)

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

Fist fighting near the Jamaicans is always fun, they'll jump in and help you beat the sh*t of anyone lol.gif . I think near the Steinway Brewery the Irish will do the same. I guess that's because of your association with Packie and Jacob.

Insano-Man
  • Insano-Man

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:20 PM

Well, I do know that Roman enjoys stealing cars from me after bar nights.
He always gives them back, though, so I'm not sure if that counts.

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Insano-Man @ Sep 23 2009, 14:20)

Yeah, when you take Roman home, if you park too close to another car and he can't get out, he punches Niko and sits in the driver's seat briefly. The first time it happened, I thought WTF, and then realised what was happening when it occurred again. biggrin.gif

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Sep 23 2009, 05:08)

I agree! I've had my car stolen too.

GTA_getaway_driver
  • GTA_getaway_driver

They see me Rollin'

• Members

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

I too have also had this happen on several occasions.

I was doing an assasin misson with the Infernus Bernie gives you and I just fin ished the mission. I turn to the Infernus and a see a guy wearing a grey Dickies jumpsuit get in it. He starts driving away and I open fire with my AK-47, of course attacting police attention. I run out to the road as I hear the beutiful sound of a horn. But the Infernus had the dead guy in it but his head wasn't on the wheel. Upon later investegation I found out that a bullet that went through the back window of the infernus passed through the vehicle and hit another driver going by in the head. I laughed for awhile, took my Infernus and escaped the fuz.

Another time was when I was at a red light in Bohan in previously aquired Sultan RS. I see motion on the side converging on me, a guy wearing a blue coat, white undershirt and blue jeans opens the door, sucker punches Niko and drags him out, then gets in the car and punches the gas. At that moment I took out my SMG and started shooting. I killed 2 civilians running and a cab driver but missed the guy who jacked me.

Another time was when I was driving an Armored NOoSE truck. I see a cop going torwards the truck after I got in it and he put a suspect in the back, then gets in the passesngers side and I'm thinking "Let's ride." but then Niko is sucker punched out and the cop starts driving. I jack a guy driving what I think was an Intruder and start chasing. I catch up and do a drive by and kill the cop giving me a 3-star. I get my truck back and with the bad guy still in back I wreak havoc.

Theres my stories....So far, theres bound to be more though.

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (GTA_getaway_driver @ Sep 27 2009, 09:53)
I killed 2 civilians running and a cab driver but missed the guy who jacked me.

lol.gif lol.gif

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

All the random crime is still in the game, its just realistic now, as in its RARE that YOU witness it. How often do you walk down the street of your hometown and see huge gun shoot outs or see people car jacking, i bet it aint bloody often.

So theres your answer.

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

• Members

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Saintdestroyer @ Sep 27 2009, 15:06)
All the random crime is still in the game, its just realistic now, as in its RARE that YOU witness it. How often do you walk down the street of your hometown and see huge gun shoot outs or see people car jacking, i bet it aint bloody often.

So theres your answer.

That is a good point. The only similar thing I tend to see in my town is the same sort of litter dropping that goes on in Liberty City! biggrin.gif

ElBarto3131
  • ElBarto3131

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (Saintdestroyer @ Sep 27 2009, 11:06)

So theres your answer.

exactly, gangs don't walk around with AK's like in III, and they don't randomly have shoot out's every 5 minutes. At first I thought gangs were taken out, but they're just well hidden in the crowd. I like it better, but I do sometimes miss watching the shoot out's in III.

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Insano-Man @ Sep 23 2009, 11:20)

Yar, you can see a video of it in my sig. (Goony Toons)

Lollercoaster
  • Lollercoaster

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Sep 24 2009, 18:05)
QUOTE (Insano-Man @ Sep 23 2009, 14:20)

Yeah, when you take Roman home, if you park too close to another car and he can't get out, he punches Niko and sits in the driver's seat briefly. The first time it happened, I thought WTF, and then realised what was happening when it occurred again. biggrin.gif

Yea, I love it when that happens.

It also happens with cops. Once I saw a copcar park to near a wall. The driver wanted to get out, so he punched the guy next to him and said "Oh it's on" or something like that. Then he stepped out of the car and started shooting at his co-worker that lied there on the ground. I kid you not, I was laughing my ass off lol

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Wednesday, Sep 23 2009, 04:09)
^I know! I always did that in Portland, so funny.

^My first post! My last post, too.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

For some reason I always get carjacked in Bohan...

WestsideMotherFucker
  • WestsideMotherFucker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

The shootouts between the gangs in San Andreas where awesome, cop car would drive past and do nothing about it, its funny

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users