Photo

Three Leaf Clover Error

40 replies to this topic
MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:12 AM

This nothing big or anything but when you do the mission, Three Leaf Clover in GTA: IV, take a look at Luis Fernando Lopez's shoes. It's black, instead of white. Again, nothing big but I thought it was cool to point out. Glad Rockstar changed the shoes to white for the outfit in GTA: The Ballad Of Gay Tony though.

user posted image

lostMC
  • lostMC

Mona!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:21 AM

you can kill him too.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE (lostMC @ Sep 20 2009, 04:21)
you can kill him too.

kill him for wearing the wrong shoes lol

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:30 AM

Nothing compared to how much Johnny's outfit changed between IV and TLAD.

Since Luis is a player character we know he respawns at the hospital when he's wasted.

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:08 AM

ide stab him instead of shooting him its more slower of a death wink.gif wheres mah cookie lol cookie.gif mmm

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (InsaneKane87 @ Sep 20 2009, 00:08)
ide stab him instead of shooting him its more slower of a death wink.gif wheres mah cookie lol cookie.gif mmm

Hes got very very low health. I shot him in the foot and he died suicidal.gif

Nice find MC. I would never have noticed it at all.

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (mr. libs @ Sep 19 2009, 21:22)
QUOTE (lostMC @ Sep 20 2009, 04:21)
you can kill him too.

kill him for wearing the wrong shoes lol

"How dare you make a continuity error!" -bang- tounge.gif

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Humans are such easy prey.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Unknown

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:39 AM

Well we know he can change outfits, so he must have changed his shoes!

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:06 AM

Thanks. Yeah even if you walk on him, he dies easily like the others lying down on the ground.

GTA_getaway_driver
  • GTA_getaway_driver

They see me Rollin'

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:42 AM

He chose the wrong day to wear those new black shoes.

i like coffee enemas
  • i like coffee enemas

The Cap'n! Shooting From The Hip Since '08

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:43 AM

I actually noticed this myself yesterday. I also made another interesting discovery. You don't actually have to shoot the hostages to kill them. Just simply walk on them and they die instantly! tounge.gif

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:03 AM

dont kill him, if you want him in tbogt lol.gif

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (leelee862 @ Sep 20 2009, 10:43)
You don't actually have to shoot the hostages to kill them. Just simply walk on them and they die instantly! tounge.gif

That sounds immensely fun. I'll have to give that a whirl some time. colgate.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Sep 20 2009, 04:30)

Since Luis is a player character we know he respawns at the hospital when he's wasted.

The only real difference with Johnny was that he wore a vest over his leather jacket in IV... The rest was just skin detail which we've already seen to epic [proportions with Luis. I noticed the change in the shoes the minute I seen the first full body shots of Luis in TBOGT... I don't think it's even really noteworthy let alone topic worthy.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

Just make sure when you get upto Luis' perspective of Three Leaf Clover that he's wearing black shoes thus not screwing up any continuity. lol.gif

LostSoul 301281
  • LostSoul 301281

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:58 AM

Yeah, that bugged me a bit about TLaD.
Johnny's outfit in in the main story was better IMO.
It looked more layered, like Nikos' outfit.
Stone washed jeans, tan boots, leather jacket and a waistcoat over the top with The Lost patch on the back, in colour.
The actual TLaD outfit was almost plain.
Black boots, blue jeans and black leather jacket with a black and white Lost patch.

I don't understand why Rockstar would change it so drastically.

i like coffee enemas
  • i like coffee enemas

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (LostSoul 301281 @ Sep 20 2009, 10:58)

Stone washed jeans, tan boots, leather jacket and a waistcoat over the top with The Lost patch on the back, in colour.
Black boots, blue jeans and black leather jacket with a black and white Lost patch.

I agree. I know Rockstar were going more for a realistic look than a 'cool' look for Johnny for TLAD but his overall look was miles better in IV.

MitchJ90
  • MitchJ90

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

His outfit in TLaD was way better. He didn't look particley cool in IV.

Terminator-UK
  • Terminator-UK

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

Thats gonna be a pretty pointless mission when playing BOGT.

I dunno if there'll be an alternate storyline,
and you actually help the guy foil the robbery

i like coffee enemas
  • i like coffee enemas

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:56 PM Edited by leelee862, 20 September 2009 - 04:04 PM.

QUOTE (Terminator-UK @ Sep 20 2009, 15:48)
Thats gonna be a pretty pointless mission when playing BOGT.

I dunno if there'll be an alternate storyline,
and you actually help the guy foil the robbery

I doubt it'd be anything like that. I reckon Luis is there as a completely innocent bystander, when Niko and the McReary's bust into the bank. I reckon Eugene Reaper's little speech will have quite a bearing on the story, or at least, the first part of the story. We clearly saw Luis fighting the N.O.O.S.E in Chinatown in the first trailer. Whether this is purely coincidental or not remains to be seen. If it does turn out to be a mission then maybe the theory that Luis takes the rest of the money may turn out to be true.

I think that the Niko & McReary robbery itself will be nothing more than the opening sequence or a cutscene. I'd definitely like to start off with this mission. We had to wait a while for some real action in Niko's story, we had to sit through 10 minutes of dialogue before we got any action in TLAD, this mission would throw us right into the action. It'd be the perfect way to start off BOGT. From what we've seen so far it looks to be a pretty fast paced, action packed story so this theory does seem feasible.

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (leelee862 @ Sep 20 2009, 04:23)

I agree. I know Rockstar were going more for a realistic look than a 'cool' look for Johnny for TLAD but his overall look was miles better in IV.

It seems we're getting a little off topic.

i like coffee enemas
  • i like coffee enemas

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (blahblah1212 @ Sep 20 2009, 17:00)
QUOTE (leelee862 @ Sep 20 2009, 04:23)

It seems we're getting a little off topic.

Keep on reading. It seems we've gone back on topic. We can hardly have an in-depth conversation about somebodies shoes now though, can we? The conversation was bound to go off topic a little.

EnchantedX360
  • EnchantedX360

You're welcome

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:01 PM

R* continue to change minor aspects within the game and that's basically because although the stories for all protagonists were written before GTA IV (vanilla) was completed, R*'s vision of how Johnny and Luis changed when it came time to finalize the overall look and feel of the two.

I too like others in this thread was mostly annoyed by the large change in Johnny, in GTA IV his neck to face tattoo stands out big time yet in TL&D it was not so evident but you could spot it when you panned the camera rather closely. Then his clothes and imo they look far more 'biker' like in TL&D (copying Sons of Anarchy). He came across as a possible racist prick in GTA IV vanilla along with how Playboy X was referring to The Lost also just set that vibe but we found in TL&D the guy was far from racist.

Concerning Luis the changes (physically) do not look so drastically different, sure the shoes, but that's rather minor when looking back on Johnny.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

I think I'm the only one that thinks Johnny looks better in TLAD. He looked like a homosexual from the neck down in GTA IV IMO.

DeLMrcs
  • DeLMrcs

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sep 20 2009, 15:11)
I think I'm the only one that thinks Johnny looks better in TLAD. He looked like a homosexual from the neck down in GTA IV IMO.

Make that two, I always thought Johnny looked horrible in GTA IV, its like he couldn't make up his mind about what to wear and just went "what the hell" and put on that outfit.

His outfit in TLAD is simple, but BA. The only thing I liked about his original outfit was his tattoo on the neck but that was it.

Leon_S
  • Leon_S

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (DeLMrcs @ Sep 20 2009, 20:18)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sep 20 2009, 15:11)

Make that two, I always thought Johnny looked horrible in GTA IV, its like he couldn't make up his mind about what to wear and just went "what the hell" and put on that outfit.

His outfit in TLAD is simple, but BA. The only thing I liked about his original outfit was his tattoo on the neck but that was it.

Make that Three, I liked his outfit a lot more in TLAD, it does look a lot more like what a real biker would wear, plus 'The Lost' patch on the back does look like they copied the jackets from from that show "Sons of Anarchy" and those look pretty damn cool. cool.gif Oh and did anyone notice that the vest Johnny wears in GTA 4 with the colored 'Lost' logo on the back is the same vest that Johnny gave Billy at the beginning of TLAD when they pick him up from rehab or whatever?

johnwelshmorris5
  • johnwelshmorris5

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

Niko had gloves to!

Lollercoaster
  • Lollercoaster

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (johnwelshmorris5 @ Sep 20 2009, 21:11)
Niko had gloves to!

Yea, I heard the gloves are hidden inside the Spunk Factory in the subway tunnels.

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Humans are such easy prey.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Unknown

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

I still remember back when they had that artist image of Niko standing with a gun in his hand looking upward. And over time they edited it constantly. And it eventually became what you finally see Niko wearing in the normal game. One of the outfits was his blue/striped jacket you can get, that looks like the assassin from that movie he was based on... if anyone even remembers what I'm talking about.

I guess they just liked Luis's outfit and it fit well, so they didn't change it much.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Scottendo @ Sep 20 2009, 21:30)
I still remember back when they had that artist image of Niko standing with a gun in his hand looking upward. And over time they edited it constantly. And it eventually became what you finally see Niko wearing in the normal game. One of the outfits was his blue/striped jacket you can get, that looks like the assassin from that movie he was based on... if anyone even remembers what I'm talking about.

I guess they just liked Luis's outfit and it fit well, so they didn't change it much.

Luis's Generic clothes seem to have become the uniform of his gang in TBOGT as the guy he is seen talking to in the trailer in Northwood it wearing nearly the exact same outfit. In the original game there are certain peds that wear the same jacket (including one of the taxi driver models). These peds seem to be located mainly around Northwood and South Bohan (where Willy Valerio is originally from) so there is a possibility that these peds will become gang members in the game. I think the letterman jacket will work quite well as the gangs "Colors" because it's quite original... like the T-Birds jackets from grease but not as gay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users