GTA IV

10 replies to this topic
Haywood Giablomi
  • Haywood Giablomi

Menace to Sobriety

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

is the first GTA game I have owned.

Even with all the issues I believe it the best game I have ever played.

Going through the game a second time shooting for 100% right now.

Question is, am I missing out on a lot by not having played the others?

I would buy them but wouldn't play them for some time as I will probably restart IV again once I finish. That and I play a lot of Unreal Tournament so gaming time would be limited.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

If you're a hardcore GTA fan, then you would certainly want to play the other/previous games. If you can learn to live with the graphics of the III era games without trying to compare them to IV, then there's no reason why you shouldn't get them. You'll love all 3 games - III, VC and SA. Get the trilogy pack. icon14.gif

Extortionate
  • Extortionate

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:28 PM

The other GTA games have some nice game-play elements that are missing in GTA IV, San Andreas specifically.

I agree with girishb though.

Murcchachosa
  • Murcchachosa

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 18 2009, 20:16)
If you're a hardcore GTA fan, then you would certainly want to play the other/previous games. If you can learn to live with the graphics of the III era games without trying to compare them to IV, then there's no reason why you shouldn't get them. You'll love all 3 games - III, VC and SA. Get the trilogy pack. icon14.gif

This guy has spoken.
All old GA games are great.
Maybe GTA3 and VC doesnt have great graphics but the gameplay is very nice.
GTA SA is the greatest GTA game with the biggest storyline
and nice gameplay.
If you dont compare them to IV, you will not get disapointed.
Despites the old games are several years old, they dont bore.
So definitley join these games.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:20 PM

It's true, and in many ways, SA is mad more fun than IV too. In fact, I still play MTA SA WAY more than I play IV at all, MP or not.

Haywood Giablomi
  • Haywood Giablomi

Menace to Sobriety

• Members

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 18 2009, 12:16)
Get the trilogy pack. icon14.gif

I was looking online for prices and found that buy.com is selling IV for 19.99 with free shipping. That is a pretty dramatic price drop in the last month or so.

Anyway, I'll probably pick up the trilogy in a bit.

Thanks!

The Virus
  • The Virus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:03 AM

San Andreas is by far the best of the GTA3 era games IMO. The others are good too, but unless you played them back in the day you probably wouldn't appreciate them as much.

Reliana
  • Reliana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

What about Gta 1 where it was 2D. San Andreas is bigger and it brings me more memories. I think GTA SA wins this. Niko lives in a filled town as CJ lives in a quited suburb.

GTA_Godfather
  • GTA_Godfather

PC Advocate

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

I'd definitely play the others. They are just plain better where it counts: story, soundtrack, and fun-factor.

GTA IV has good (not great) graphics (being designed around the handicapped consoles first, not the PC) and the environment is full of details. However, R* concentrated too much on realism and details, but left out the things that made the GTA franchise great. IMO, VC was the best, followed by III, then San Andreas.

I hope the Housers bring GTA back to what it use to be. I have ZERO confidence future GTAs being designed around the PC first, but there is a lot they can improve. I think the Housers need to turn over the reigns to a younger duo, so they can put the fun back. Maybe they are too old and mature for it, because it really shows in GTA IV.

Lodis
  • Lodis

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

The problem with starting out playing GTA IV first is the great graphics and physics. As much as I love the others, I find them difficult to enjoy as much after having played GTA IV.

I think you are better of playing the older ones first before GTA IV spoils you and turns you into a graphics whore.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

Rockstar WILL get GTA to its core (SA style) if they listen to their fans, which they already are starting , TBOGT is a great example because it has fun elements from SA like parachuting , and possibly customizing cars (which i beleive will be open for some cars not all) , minigames etc. Anyway you understand what im trying to say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users