- Creation of 6 peds, along with a 3 group and 12 group
- A skin changer for the player
- Creation of 4 vehicles
- Vehicle that follow other vehicles
- Weapon selector
- Custom animation keys (animation list included)
- Timeline file
- Weather and time controls
- Configuration file (IVStudios.cfg) to preassign peds and vehicles
- Switchable IV Text Helper, to indicate various program states
- Ability to save/reload ped and vehicle positions and game states
- Clips captured WILL show results of using the mod, except perhaps text. (FRAPS who?)
- Lots more that I can't think of right now
GTA IV, at LEAST patch 1.01, though I'd recommend at least 1.03, just so you can reassign your player keys. A gamepad is almost necessary for this mod. I'm using 1.04. You will also need XLiveless or similar asi loader.
EDIT: Confirmed, this works with Alexander's latest ASI loader; keep ScriptHook.dll named as such.
Decompress all files to your GTA4 gameplay folder (typically Drive\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV. The IVStudios folders and all files inside MUST go into the root folder as well. You'll know if it's installed right when your create your first ped and it doesn't die (the IVStudios.cfg file contains the ped health variables). The main files in the GTA IV root should be ScriptHook.dll and IVStudios.asi, along with whatever asi loader you happen to use.
See the IVREAD_ME.txt file for more info on getting started. IVGAMEKEYS.txt has all the key controls.
UPDATES SINCE PRE-RELEASE:
- Full I/O save and restore on all peds and cars
- Teleport to waypoint
- Drive to waypoint, with vehicle follow enabled
- 3 ped group and 12 ped group added
- All created peds have weapon options at the end of creation
- Ped variations; use page up/down back and forth to see variations. Variations save with file save/restore, and can be used as preassigned peds in IVStudios.cfg (edit with Notepad)
- Various little fixes/additions
- 3 ped conversations not working at the moment.
- game crashes on certain functions if you load a save after the initial game load. Rename the save you want to use as SGTA411 for auto-load.
- certain game parts not opened up early in the game; only 4 wanted stars available, missions will play (though you shouldn't do this). Recommend you get a 100% save or use a save with the storyline finished to get full effects of the mod.
- 'S' key animation still disabled; working on ped speech routine
As it is though, it's perfectly usable, so go make some awesome movies!
Thanks to aru for his C++ hook, and the usual suspects for all their help.
D O W N L O A D
(Load Save 2 from folder 1 to recreate the image above)