Photo

[IV|REL|ASI]IV Studios BETA

28 replies to this topic
ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:32 AM Edited by ceedj, 15 December 2009 - 07:50 AM.

What it is: A machinima filming tool. Based on code from San An Studios 4, that features:

- Creation of 6 peds, along with a 3 group and 12 group
- A skin changer for the player
- Creation of 4 vehicles
- Vehicle that follow other vehicles
- Weapon selector
- Custom animation keys (animation list included)
- Timeline file
- Weather and time controls
- Configuration file (IVStudios.cfg) to preassign peds and vehicles
- Switchable IV Text Helper, to indicate various program states
- Ability to save/reload ped and vehicle positions and game states
- Clips captured WILL show results of using the mod, except perhaps text. (FRAPS who?)
- Lots more that I can't think of right now

REQUIREMENTS:

GTA IV, at LEAST patch 1.01, though I'd recommend at least 1.03, just so you can reassign your player keys. A gamepad is almost necessary for this mod. I'm using 1.04. You will also need XLiveless or similar asi loader.

EDIT: Confirmed, this works with Alexander's latest ASI loader; keep ScriptHook.dll named as such. There ARE issues with the Steam version; I'm trying to figure out how to adjust for this due to the different base addresses between the two versions of the game. The mod is now working with Vista AND the Steam version of the game.

INSTALLATION:

Decompress all files to your GTA4 gameplay folder (typically Drive\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV. The IVStudios folders and all files inside MUST go into the root folder as well. You'll know if it's installed right when your create your first ped and it doesn't die (the IVStudios.cfg file contains the ped health variables). The main files in the GTA IV root should be ScriptHook.dll and IVStudios.asi, along with whatever asi loader you happen to use.

See the IVREAD_ME.txt file for more info on getting started. IVGAMEKEYS.txt has all the key controls.

UPDATES SINCE PRE-RELEASE:
- Full I/O save and restore on all peds and cars
- Teleport to waypoint
- Drive to waypoint, with vehicle follow enabled
- 3 ped group and 12 ped group added
- All created peds have weapon options at the end of creation
- Ped variations; use page up/down back and forth to see variations. Variations save with file save/restore, and can be used as preassigned peds in IVStudios.cfg (edit with Notepad)
- Various little fixes/additions

KNOWN BUGS
- 3 ped conversations not working at the moment.
- game crashes on certain functions if you load a save after the initial game load. Rename the save you want to use as SGTA411 for auto-load.
- certain game parts not opened up early in the game; only 4 wanted stars available, missions will play (though you shouldn't do this). Recommend you get a 100% save or use a save with the storyline finished to get full effects of the mod.
- 'S' key animation still disabled; working on ped speech routine

As it is though, it's perfectly usable, so go make some awesome movies!

Thanks to aru for his C++ hook, and the usual suspects for all their help. smile.gif

D O W N L O A D

user posted image

(Load Save 2 from folder 1 to recreate the image above)

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:07 AM

it's great to see you've finally got a working studios for IV. smile.gif

does this mean we're going to be seeing some new "Peds" Episodes soon ? i do hope so.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:29 PM Edited by ceedj, 18 September 2009 - 07:52 PM.

Thanks Gforce, much appreciated!

No, I don't have any plans for PEDS in IV, though I do have a few stand alone ideas. I did the mod because of the success of San An Studios, and a lot of my machinima buddies have been asking for it. That, and it feels pretty good to have created a mod that spans IV (pun intended) games, and is. as far as I know (still!) the only mod of it's kind.

Hope everyone who uses it finds it worthwhile. smile.gif

EDIT: If you downloaded this before this edit, please redownload the archive; had some issues with Vista users that should be solved now. Thanks!

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:03 AM Edited by ceedj, 22 September 2009 - 05:44 AM.

Archive updated; Vista issues SHOULD be solved, but I don't really have it to test with, so let me know. ONLY the asi file needs to be replaced in this update;

- Random cops and cop helis now disabled when Peds and Cars turned off (toggle INSERT + D).
- Player car can now be set to Car1; Car1 must NOT be created. Set with the player in any random car by hitting HOME + C. This will NOT save to the save file, but will be added in the next update.
- Wanted levels are now fixed. W + 1-6, 0 will set the appropriate wanted level. W + DELETE disables the wanted levels entirely; perfect for causing mayhem when you don't want the cops to show up and ruin your shot. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Now confirmed working on Vista AND the Stream version of the game. Have fun! lol.gif

spank__
  • spank__

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:24 AM

I am getting into GTA IV machinima myself with a few friends, what does this mod offer over using say player selector and something like simple trainer?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:30 AM Edited by ceedj, 22 September 2009 - 06:40 AM.

Creation of a LOT of extra actors, use of just about all animations in the game, 4 cars, save/restore of all created actors and cars, pretty much anything you'd want to be able to do. Download it and look at the IVGamekeys.txt and decide if it's something you'd want to use. Note that this is for SINGLE PLAYER use only.

Have fun! smile.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, look at the first post, and the pic. Nothing against the other mods, but do they do THAT? wink.gif

spank__
  • spank__

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:28 AM

Awesome, can it be used for multiplayer if using the multiplayer-check-fix because if I were to host my own server and get my buddy to join.

spank__
  • spank__

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:44 AM

Additionally, can your mod be used to spawn peds at a specific spot then tell them to move to a specific spot then shoot at a player or a different ped.

How do you define when the ped will do the animation/task etc?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:54 AM Edited by ceedj, 23 September 2009 - 11:39 PM.

1) I know you're new, but to save you some grief, don't double post so close to each other. A few days is fine, otherwise, use the edit button.

2) I have no idea; it was developed using single player, and I'm fairly sure that MP is mostly disabled for the hook it's built with.

3) Yes to all. Everything is done with keypresses; example: to have ped one run to a spot then start shooting the player, create and arm the ped, create the dummy ped, press LEFT SHIFT + C to go to the dummy, then press LEFT SHIFT + F4 to shoot the player.

EDIT: Oooo, neato, got some speech added. Gonna rest for a bit, then do some documentation. Should have a new update to the mod late tonight or tomorrow. smile.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:25 AM Edited by ceedj, 15 December 2009 - 07:50 AM.

Ok, new version up, redownload here:

http://www.pawfectme...StudiosBETA.zip

You should replace IVStudiosBETA1.asi, IVStudios.cfg and ADD the two Speech files: IVspeech.txt and IVSpeechParams.txt.

ADDITIONS/FIXES:

- Added speech! Thanks to sjaak327 for his help in figuring this out. There is a new file that is loaded with the mod, IVspeech.txt. Basically, use a PED MODIFIER + S to have your created ped play a speech line from this file. Like the timeline file, each line is played in succession, so hitting it once plays the first one, again plays the second one, and so on. You can use this with multiple peds, so PED1 + S plays the first one, PED2 + S plays the second one, and so on. Either way works, and at the very least will give you some lip sync abilities to dub in your own voice work in post-production. All the found (working) speech at the moment can is listed in IVSpeechParams.txt. Please be aware, as noted in the doc, that certain speech ONLY works with certain actors. You can edit IVspeech.txt while in game; save it then press S + R to reload it and start it over.
- Fixed timeline, so it now opens properly within the mod (doh!)
- Actor and vehicle names show up in bottom left corner when browsing.

Have fun! smile.gif

Labiloute
  • Labiloute

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

Awesome work like always ceedj

arthurc
  • arthurc

They call me " The Janitor "

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:45 PM

hi can you make a mod for animations only ?

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:12 AM

very nice But I still think that San An Studios was your BEST work ever!

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

All files reuploaded, please change any external links you have from pawfectfilms to pawfectmedia. All directories should be the same. Maybe. wink.gif

rinuextreme
  • rinuextreme

Commander. RinuextremeŽ Productions.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:56 PM Edited by Waddy, 23 February 2010 - 02:18 PM.

Could you please recompile this script into the latest ScriptHook4.0.0?
I really needed that :s

But well, apart from that...

Very nice. But we can only spawn 4 vehicles?

Well, I'm sorry, but I'll have to use Simple Native Trainer for this one tounge.gif

Also, do we control camera angles or we have to use Video Editor?

One last thing:

We can tell to peds to do certain moves in a certain time or we tell them to do something and they do it immediately? I mean, it would be great if we could kinda pause the entire game except us so we could place all the objects/cars we would need to use and create all the peds and give them missions and then press "Play" and a countdown clock would start. When the clock reaches the 0, every single ped would do what we told them to do.

For example:

Lets say I want to make a 10 second clip.

At the first second, the Ped A will WALK (not run) from the point A to B, next to the Ped B.
At the third second and an half, after the Ped A reaches the point B, he would use the animation of "clean the shoe".
At the sixth second, the Ped A would say the speech "Lets get him", near the Ped B.
At the sixth second and an half, both Ped A and Ped B would start shooting at Ped C/Player.
At the eigth second, a Ped D would drive a car from the point A to point B (the Player would run into the front of the car in order to be ranover).
And the scene would end at the tenth second.

Is it possible/doable?
That would be amazing.

I'm a film director/producer myself and I really needed to know.
Also, if possible, I'd like to ask ceedj to send me a PM with his MSN adress smile.gif

I gotta get one soon xD

Well, thank you for your time.

Bye biggrin.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

Could you please recompile this script into the latest ScriptHook4.0.0?
I really needed that :s

Not for some time, sorry. This is not a priority now, and would involve a significant amount of code re-writing.

Very nice. But we can only spawn 4 vehicles?

Well, I'm sorry, but I'll have to use Simple Native Trainer for this one tounge.gif

Good for you. It's not a matter of how many vehicles, but how many vehicles you can CONTROL. Four is my limit; there aren't enough keys to handle more than that.

Also, do we control camera angles or we have to use Video Editor?

Must use video editor. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

One last thing:

We can tell to peds to do certain moves in a certain time or we tell them to do something and they do it immediately? I mean, it would be great if we could kinda pause the entire game except us so we could place all the objects/cars we would need to use and create all the peds and give them missions and then press "Play" and a countdown clock would start. When the clock reaches the 0, every single ped would do what we told them to do.

I'm a film director/producer myself and I really needed to know.

You can sort of do this with the Timeline; all the actions you list in it are sequential. I know of no possible way to freeze the rest of the game while placing vehicle/actors. This is a MOD, not a complete code rewrite. Nice idea, but I'd file it under mostly impossible.

Also, if possible, I'd like to ask ceedj to send me a PM with his MSN adress smile.gif

I don't use MSN, or any other IM service, sorry.

Please visit my site (and I'm sorry for advertising but it's for a good cause):

That's just tacky, please don't do that again.

Elvis.
  • Elvis.

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

So cool icon14.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

Amazing work as always loving it smile.gif

staale2
  • staale2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:52 AM

Dousen't work for me sad.gif I'm getting the same message, "Gta 4 has stopped working" every time the game starts.

I have also intalled it correctly. Damn mad.gif i need this to work.

rinuextreme
  • rinuextreme

Commander. RinuextremeŽ Productions.

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (staale2 @ Feb 28 2010, 10:52)
Dousen't work for me sad.gif I'm getting the same message, "Gta 4 has stopped working" every time the game starts.

Dousen't work for me  sad.gif I'm getting the same message, "Gta 4 has stopped working" every time the game starts.

You need to run the game as Administrator if you are using Windows Vista or Windows Seven.

@ceedj:
Could you please update this mod to the latest Scripthook? I need it in order to use Simple Trainer as well :s

Please have that in mind and try to do it, pleasee!

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

does it work for latest patch?

jacek2144
  • jacek2144

Forum Rules Abuser No.1

• Members

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

hey did it work on gta iv episodes from liberty city ?

opps sorry this post is old some months

Adam-HUN
  • Adam-HUN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

Does he work with a 1.0.7 version? (GTA IV 1.0.7 Patch)

This like that than the:
GTA Vice City -> GTA Vice Studios
GTA San Andreas -> GTA San An Studios
GTA IV -> ???

The answer thank you!

f0zz
  • f0zz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:50 AM

Hi

Will this work with 1.1.2.0?

cheers
f0zz

Rossnotrike
  • Rossnotrike

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

Sorry if i'm posting a dead topic but i really need this.

I have (downloaded) the patch 1.0.2.0 of GTA IV
I do the installation step by step and my GTA IV runs normally, but when i start the game, no one welcome text appears, so i can't spawn peds, vehicles and do nothing with this tool, what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks for the answers, I really appreciate that... smile.gif

herons2s2
  • herons2s2

Trailers Maker

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

This Mod dont run WINDOWS 7 sad.gif

Wolfman19951
  • Wolfman19951

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

I've a problem
Copy and paste the files and when I go to gta does not work, nothing comes
any solution?
please, help me. i need create a video

my S.O W7.

Killalevi
  • Killalevi

--<ExtraordinarilyAGamer>--

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

I really need this machinima thing but, The problem is ASILoaders and stuff Make my game Get SMPA60s I deleted all of my ASI that i had with certain mods and now my GTA IV is working again,

And i don't use XLiveless That also crashed my game So, Can you point me in the right direction To a Mod Close to this that dosen't use ASI or Xliveless or just something or certain mods that can be of use, I have simple native trainer but that dosen't help much.

Sheiz
  • Sheiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by Sheiz, 24 November 2013 - 05:15 PM.

Hi everyone !

I know this topic is a little old but i've been looking for a game to make movies for years. I found this mod after searching and searching, so I downloaded GTA 4.. ( Not Good I know )

The game works, no problem, but I would like to get this mods to make movies.

The problem is that you all seem to know how to install it but I have no idea how to put a mod like this one. I've never done it before.

I watched lots of tutorials to set a mod on GTA, but nothing none look like this one.

I downloaded Asi.loader, put the sound thing in the GTA directory.. Then I put the Studio mod in it et and launch it as administrator. Game didn't work anymore.

Could someone help me here ?

Ps : Sorry for the Bad English but i'm French.

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users