» «
Photo

[REL | CLEO] Rapier's CLEO Mods Collection

21 replies to this topic
Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:53 PM Edited by Rapier, 19 September 2009 - 01:58 AM.

RAPIER'S CLEO MODS COLLECTION by Rapier

INTRODUCTION
Here I present all my mods in CLEO 3. No doubt a great compilation for those who like modifications.

SCREENSHOT
user posted image

FEATURES
All mods can run at once without problem and works on both versions of GTASA, 1.0 (U.S.) and 1.01 (EURO).
MODS (in alphabetical order):
  • BLACK PHOENIX MOD SE
  • CLEO TRAINER +40 SE
  • POWERFUL MODE MOD SE New!
  • PURE ENERGY MOD SE
  • SAVE ANYWHERE MOD SE
  • SLIDESHOW MOD SE
  • TANK CAR CLEO MOD SE
  • TAXI MOD SE
  • TAXI MOD BLACK EDITION SE
DOWNLOAD
Click HERE to download Rapier's CLEO Mods Collection. [RCMC.ZIP (2.206KB)]

NOTE
  1. To run all the mods correctly, you must have installed the CLEO Library + GXT Hook plugin. To download the latest version of CLEO Library or GXT Hook plugin go to page http://cleo.sannybuilder.com/.
Comments are welcome. Have fun! colgate.gif

CLEO, CLEO Library are Copyright 2005-2008 by Seemann.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:53 AM

Why exe files? I don't like this. The user don't know what the exe installs.
You should add file lists of each exe in the readme, that we can read what the exe will do.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:44 AM

That is a nice collection of CLEO mods, although I agree with ZAZ that .exe installers are overkill for a CLEO mod, first of all, the user has no idea what gets installed, so he won't be able to do a manual uninstall himself. Furthermore many users, like myself, have hesitance against running exe-files from unknown sources.
I would advise you to at least also provide an archive with the cs and fxt files for manual install.

Having said that, I want to thank you for releasing these mods. Good work icon14.gif

MephiticCorpse
  • MephiticCorpse

Stinky Dead Thing

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

I vote ditto on the .EXE thing.
I've used this taxi mod forever.. I really dig it, but any time I would re-install I'd wait till I modded most everything else, since I had no idea what the installer was doing.

Recently I found a trick, when it asks for the game directory make up a folder named after the mod or any name. It warns you that you need CLEO installed then it goes ahead and extracts the files to the new folder. Since it makes paths in the folder, you know right where everything should go.(usually just CLEO folder)

Now it's just down to trusting Rapier enough to run his exe's.
wink.gif
I do, and I can't wait to try out PMM.

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (ZAZ @ Sep 18 2009, 02:53)
The user don't know what the exe installs.

Each "exe" install a mod.

Another thing, do self-installer is more convenient and faster for the installation and uninstallation, not to mention that your work is much more professional!
I see no problem in making self-installers. I always distribute my mods in this way.

Anyway, thanks for your opinions. smile.gif

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Rapier @ Sep 18 2009, 12:13)
QUOTE (ZAZ @ Sep 18 2009, 02:53)
The user don't know what the exe installs.

Each "exe" install a mod.

Of course a mod but a mod can include a cleo script, a IMG file, a gta.dat and an ide file.
Is it to hard to write a file list? (you know about directory printer tools?)
Or just say here: " the exe files installs only cleo script files"

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

All mods will install only scripts files (.CS / .S).

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Rapier @ Sep 18 2009, 16:12)

and fxt and txd

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:37 PM

I agree with dropping the EXEs. Most people turn away because there COULD be viruses.

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (MephiticCorpse @ Sep 18 2009, 10:59)
I vote ditto on the .EXE thing.
I've used this taxi mod forever.. I really dig it, but any time I would re-install I'd wait till I modded most everything else, since I had no idea what the installer was doing. 

Recently I found a trick, when it asks for the game directory make up a folder named after the mod or any name.  It warns you that you need CLEO installed then it goes ahead and extracts the files to the new folder.  Since it makes paths in the folder, you know right where everything should go.(usually just CLEO folder)

Now it's just down to trusting Rapier enough to run his exe's.

yeah but the installer could also install any other stuff ( not in this case because you can trust Rapier 100%) into your windows file or spyware which won't be shown up in the new folder you created.....

I also prefer to create a folder called files and install conversions (San Vice, GTA United, GTA LC2SA, GTA VC2SA, [not quite sure whether did this for S-ACID to] Mister X mod; X-files and great theft car) and then copy those files into a new, un modded GTA folder and so I got a complete archive of conversions and gtas tounge2.gif

@ Rapier:

awesome mods!!! I was realy stunned afterinstaling Black Phoenix and Taxi mod

GTA_SA_FREE
  • GTA_SA_FREE

Jackass :p

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (james227uk @ Sep 18 2009, 21:37)
I agree with dropping the EXEs. Most people turn away because there COULD be viruses.

For .exe files, just download 7zip and extract them...It worked with MTA...

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (ZAZ @ Sep 18 2009, 16:00)
QUOTE (Rapier @ Sep 18 2009, 16:12)

and fxt and txd

Yes, too.

MephiticCorpse
  • MephiticCorpse

Stinky Dead Thing

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (MephiticCorpse @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59)
...and I can't wait to try out PMM.

I like the functions of this mod, but I feel like I'm developing epilepsy from the flashing screen every time I run fast, jump, or fly.
I can work through that, and even figured how to edit that out myself.

The only other problems I have with this mod are:
a) when I'm falling, it'd be cool to be able to go back to flying instead of magically appearing on the ground. That took me a few tries before i figured what was happening there.
b) There's no list of controls anywhere, so how do I slow down in the air so I don't splat on impact? I can speed up alright by repeatedly pressing jump, but I'd like to be able to slow down too.

Despite the criticisms, I really like this mod. I think it's the most usable superpowers mod I've yet tried, and I've tried a few.

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (MephiticCorpse @ Sep 21 2009, 04:35)
...I'm developing epilepsy from the flashing screen every time I run fast, jump, or fly.

You have to stop playing... tounge.gif

a) Yes, is a good idea, but I do not think in modify this mod.
b) Read the PMM's READTHIS.TXT. Start>Programs>Rapier's Mods>Powerful Mode Mod SE>READTHIS.TXT.

Thanks for trying PMM SE! smile.gif

MephiticCorpse
  • MephiticCorpse

Stinky Dead Thing

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Rapier @ Sep 22 2009, 02:15)
QUOTE (MephiticCorpse @ Sep 21 2009, 04:35)
...I'm developing epilepsy from the flashing screen every time I run fast, jump, or fly.

You have to stop playing... tounge.gif

a) Yes, is a good idea, but I do not think in modify this mod.
b) Read the PMM's READTHIS.TXT. Start>Programs>Rapier's Mods>Powerful Mode Mod SE>READTHIS.TXT.

Thanks for trying PMM SE! smile.gif

See, now I like the exe format even less. I had no idea these mods were muddying up my start menu. Readme's and the like should be in the zip folder, not taking up space in the start menu. Makes one wonder what else is installed.

I think the exe format does not make your mod look more professional, it only makes it look more ominous. As glitchy(no offense) as this mod is, the appearance of professionalism isn't enough to make it great.

The Commands.txt notes that the spawning feature can cause crashing. I hate to say it, but there's alot more than that to cause crashing here. I can't put my finger on what in this mod does that, but I removed all other cleos to see if it was a conflict and it still crashed randomly while flying or using various powers.

I'm not saying it's all bad though, I still like it more than other flying or power mods. I just won't be using it until I've done some major overhauling, since you don't want to.

Now, how do I view or edit these .s extension scripts?

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:15 AM Edited by Rapier, 24 September 2009 - 02:17 AM.

QUOTE (MephiticCorpse @ Sep 23 2009, 19:44)
See, now I like the exe format even less. I had no idea these mods were muddying up my start menu. Readme's and the like should be in the zip folder, not taking up space in the start menu. Makes one wonder what else is installed.
When you install a program, where the icons will be located? On the Start menu> Programs, or you do not know that?

I think the exe format does not make your mod look more professional, it only makes it look more ominous.  As glitchy(no offense) as this mod is, the appearance of professionalism isn't enough to make it great.
What glitchy you talking about? And what do you know about professionalism?

The Commands.txt notes that the spawning feature can cause crashing. I hate to say it, but there's alot more than that to cause crashing here.  I can't put my finger on what in this mod does that, but I removed all other cleos to see if it was a conflict and it still crashed randomly while flying or using various powers.
I'm sorry, but the problem is on your PC. On my PC, PMM works perfectly.

I'm not saying it's all bad though, I still like it more than other flying or power mods. I just won't be using it until I've done some major overhauling, since you don't want to.

Now, how do I view or edit these .s extension scripts?
You do not know view or open a ".S" file, and you're telling me that still wants to do a "overhaul" in my mod? Please do not talk nonsense. I'm already over 4 years developing scripts, I have more knowledge than you, then, do not want to teach me how I should make or distribute my mods. If you do not like my mods (in particular PMM) then uninstall it and delete the setup of your computer.

sneaky2.gif

MephiticCorpse
  • MephiticCorpse

Stinky Dead Thing

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:49 AM Edited by MephiticCorpse, 24 September 2009 - 11:03 AM.

I really don't want to play the "quote and respond snidely" game here. I meant no offense, nor did I intend to start any kind of argument. I just wanted to point out that the mod may be flawed, and that I like it enough to spend time finding the problem(be it in my comp or in the mod) so that I can fully enjoy it.
Sure, there could be a problem with my computer, but that's highly unlikely. It would be more likely in the install of the game, but I've tried it on clean 1.0 and heavily modded 1.0 with the same result. I've tried various updates and backdates if the Cleo components, also with the same results.
However, I do not get crashes at all when I'm not using your mod. As previously stated: I enjoy the mod in general and don't want to uninstall it, I just want to make it not crash or induce seizures. I also thought of a function that might add to the enjoyment of the mod, though I didn't mean to overstep any boundaries.
I misspoke(miss-typed) using the word "overhaul". As an admitted amateur I have no desire to "overhaul" it, nor to downplay your accomplishments as a scripter. You yourself said you didn't want to work on it anymore. (you also mention crashes in the documentation for the mod)

I have found that the flashing issues and returning to flight can be done in the "Core" script very easily, though the crashes I experienced came with original cleo and are no different with the copy I edited. So I know I didn't cause it that way.

I don't know how to view or edit .s files. I've read tutorials and don't recall externals for externals being covered, though maybe I missed something.
I would like to understand these adjoining scripts and how they work. Even if the mod didn't crash I might ask about them, since I'd not seen them since I started scripting. I can't seem to find the answer to this in google searches or searches of these forums, since searching for .s is about as nonspecific as you can get and yields too many unrelated and unwelcome results. Perhaps I should have asked in a different thread elsewhere, but there was no need for the condescending tone of your response. I was looking for help, not a fight. I know my phrasing can seem a bit abrasive at times, but there's no need to get cocky when you're already being asked for help.

If it's fear or unease about someone stealing your mod, I can assure you that until you pulled out your "I've been scripting since...." card and defined professionalism in modding instead of helping, I had nothing but respect for you. All due respect aside, I would not dare claim what isn't mine or release edits to something without credit AND permission.

Finally (Again, I mean no offense) but I do know that a "Professional Program" includes choices or information of where to install all features; options of the start menu, desktop, or quicklaunch bar for shortcuts; and that the documentation always comes before installation. It would also be a professional program and not an unlicensed file-only addition to a commercial program.

Criticism is only positive or negative based on what you do with it.

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:15 AM

OK, I also do not want to fight with you. It's that I thought your comments were a bit offensive. If your intention is to improve the mod, then I can help you without problem.

If the PMM is crashing your GTASA, try to install the patch 1.01 from Rockstars's web site.
I wrote this mod based on version 1.01. If you have the version 1.0, then this may be the cause of your problem.
To open the .S files, simply rename the file to .CS, and open it normally. E.g.: if you have a file called MephiticCorpse.S then rename to MephiticCorpse.CS. Thus, you can view the contents of the files with the extension .S.

Right?

MephiticCorpse
  • MephiticCorpse

Stinky Dead Thing

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:05 AM Edited by MephiticCorpse, 29 September 2009 - 12:47 PM.

QUOTE (Rapier @ Sep 25 2009, 02:15)
To open the .S files, simply rename the file to .CS, and open it normally. E.g.: if you have a file called MephiticCorpse.S then rename to MephiticCorpse.CS. Thus, you can view the contents of the files with the extension .S.

blush.gif
I had a feeling I should do that and thought "it can't be that simple."
Thank you.

I'll also try the 1.01 patch. I'd always seen mods say they need 1.0 so that's what I got, but I'm sure those really just meant anything prior to 2.0.

I'll post back here and let you know if it worked.

Thank you again.

MephiticCorpse
  • MephiticCorpse

Stinky Dead Thing

• Members

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

1.01 patch didn't do it, so I restored 1.00. I did notice some disappearing textures right before crashes when I was flying, I modified SALimiter and suddenly it worked with my modded game. Odd it never happened in jets or helis.
The clean install turned out to have a very old vorbisfile, which explains why it would crash much more often.
So it turns out it was my comp after all
I owe you an apology and much thanks, the mod is great.

My edited version works also, so no more flashing and I can also resume flight. I took the fire off his head too, just for my use biggrin.gif

At least I got a little more info about cleos from a pro that I didn't have before sly.gif

Rapier
  • Rapier

Retired scripter

• Members

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:24 AM

Glad it worked! I would like you to send me the source code for me to take a look. Is possible?

MephiticCorpse
  • MephiticCorpse

Stinky Dead Thing

• Members

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (Rapier @ Sep 30 2009, 00:24)
Glad it worked! I would like you to send me the source code for me to take a look. Is possible?

Absolutely! Sent via PM, I know seeing someone edit your own code can be like seeing a your child come home with a bad haircut, but I only "took a little off the top" wink.gif

Hope you like it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users