GTA IV/Windows 7 Save Folder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic
Deathwish99
  • Deathwish99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and installed GTA IV to it but there is no "savegame" folder at all and I've tried to find it and can not. Some how my games are saving but I cant find the folder itself. I've tried showing all folders (including hidden), and when I go to User/Documents/RockstarGames/GTA IV there is no savegame folder, nothing that looks to be like any save game folder at all. Some how my game is saving and I would just like to know where it is going too.

Extortionate
  • Extortionate

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

That's because the saves are in /user/AppData/Local/Rockstar Games. XLive is the the Microsoft folder in the some place.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

The location of the save game files for all operating systems can be found in the faq :-

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058955437

You may need to go into folder opens and select show hidden files/folders.

vipah2
  • vipah2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hi ,
Just a moment ago i was all over the internet trying to find that magical location of the user files or " Savegame folder" on windows 7 where it seems like the game is reading its files from nowhere .... back in windows xp i had no problems at all the folder was very obvious in the documents folder

ANYHO ..... there was no place on the internet that had this information so i decided to make my own research and try some stuff ....

and AT LAST i found the location .... its .... its ....... biggrin.gif

in the same folder as the game itself suicidal.gif lol ... inside the folder "data" there you will find your "gta_sa.set" for the settings and the other files like "GTASAsf1.b" and "GTASAsf2.b" for the save game slots ....

Thanks ... hope i helped

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Well, besides the fact that the topic is 3 years old tounge.gif , the saves are actually stored in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames. If you're using XLiveless or such, you'll find them in Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames. icon14.gif

vipah2
  • vipah2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

it dsnt matter how old the topic is as long as ppl still come across here (just as i did) hoping to find a solution ...

and for ppl like me who thought this topic is about San Andreas tounge.gif there your solution

sorry didnt see the "IV" there

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users