[Q] IV Custom vehicle questions / Halo Warthog
Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:09 PM Edited by AlexVestin, 22 December 2010 - 01:56 AM.
Here's a few good pictures of it to look at, to be able to answer my questions better.
Are these listed features possible to achieve:
01. [/] - True warthog suspension? - maybe possible to mimick somehow?
02. [N] - 4 wheels turning? - impossible
03. [/] - Destructible parts that falls off? - model extras?
04. [Y] - Accurate damage deformation like default cars? - possible
05. [Y] - Custom wheel models? - possible
06. [Y] - Custom wheel models with tires that can run flat? - possible
07. [Y] - Using multiple texture files, each having it's own normalmap & specular map?
08. [N] - Passenger able to fire his AR from the passenger seat? - impossible
09. [N] - Having a usable turret at the rear? - impossible
10. [/] - Working headlights on parts that can fall off? - non-working-headlight model extras?
11. [Y] - Custom sounds, or atleast use one of the default car sounds that fit the best? - choosing between defaults
Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:10 PM
1 well, should work
2 nope, dont think so
3 yeah when the car explodes
4 yeah sure
7 Im not quite sure about that but it should be possible, I bet bungie used like 2 texture maps for the warthog (+normal and spec) so it shouldnt be too much
8 AR? if you mean assault rifle, I dont think so.
9 nah, dont think so
10 sure, no problem
11 you can chose between all original car sounds I think, custom sounds arent possible yet, would be cool to have the real warthog sound tho
Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:35 AM
02. [ ] - 4 wheels turning? Not sure. May be within the handling file, cannot check right now.
03. [ ] - Destructible parts that falls off? No
04. [ ] - Accurate damage deformation like default cars? Yes
05. [ ] - Custom wheel models? Ofcourse
06. [ ] - Custom wheel models with tires that can run flat? Ofcourse
07. [ ] - Using multiple texture files, each having it's own normalmap & specular map? Ofcourse
08. [ ] - Passenger able to fire his AR from the passenger seat? (helicopter passenger animation?) More than likely not.
09. [ ] - Having a usable turret at the rear? (doubt it, not really needed either) More than likely no.
10. [ ] - Working headlights on parts that can fall off? Parts cannot fall off.
11. [ ] - Custom sounds, or atleast use one of the default car sounds that fit the best? Not as of yet, changing sounds to other cars ingame is possible however. That and a modified handling file which gives it one gear like it's Halo counterpart, may provide you with a sound close to the original.
PM me if you ever get it close to complete. I'd be glad to beta test for you.
Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:26 AM
"Passenger able to fire his AR from the passenger seat? (helicopter passenger animation?)"
I do mean having people firing their Ak's and m4's out of the car. And the only vehicles that allows you to do that in IV are boats and helicopters. But only the rear passenger in helicopters are sitting down while doing it. Is it not possible at all right now to decide what animation each character will have at the different seat positions in the car?
Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:52 AM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users