» «
Photo

[Q] IV Custom vehicle questions / Halo Warthog

4 replies to this topic
AlexVestin
  • AlexVestin

Player Hater Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:09 PM Edited by AlexVestin, 22 December 2010 - 01:56 AM.

Just for learning, I want to have a try at getting a warthog ingame. To be clear, I will be using a ripped model, but I have no intentions of releasing it here. It's only for practice. If it's okay I have a few questions about the things possible to do with a car. I'm sure most of them are possible, but I wan't them confirmed so there's much less wasted time. All help is much appreciated =)

Here's a few good pictures of it to look at, to be able to answer my questions better.
[1st]
[2nd]
[3rd]

Are these listed features possible to achieve:

01. [/] - True warthog suspension? - maybe possible to mimick somehow?

02. [N] - 4 wheels turning? - impossible

03. [/] - Destructible parts that falls off? - model extras?

04. [Y] - Accurate damage deformation like default cars? - possible

05. [Y] - Custom wheel models? - possible

06. [Y] - Custom wheel models with tires that can run flat? - possible

07. [Y] - Using multiple texture files, each having it's own normalmap & specular map?

08. [N] - Passenger able to fire his AR from the passenger seat? - impossible

09. [N] - Having a usable turret at the rear? - impossible

10. [/] - Working headlights on parts that can fall off? - non-working-headlight model extras?

11. [Y] - Custom sounds, or atleast use one of the default car sounds that fit the best? - choosing between defaults

schaefft
  • schaefft

Homie

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

Uhh, the Halo2 Warthog, awesome biggrin.gif

1 well, should work

2 nope, dont think so

3 yeah when the car explodes

4 yeah sure

5 yup

6 sure

7 Im not quite sure about that but it should be possible, I bet bungie used like 2 texture maps for the warthog (+normal and spec) so it shouldnt be too much

8 AR? if you mean assault rifle, I dont think so.

9 nah, dont think so

10 sure, no problem

11 you can chose between all original car sounds I think, custom sounds arent possible yet, would be cool to have the real warthog sound tho

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:35 AM

01. [ ] - True warthog suspension? Not sure. Independent suspension may be impossible to animate as clearly as an independant rear axle.

02. [ ] - 4 wheels turning? Not sure. May be within the handling file, cannot check right now.

03. [ ] - Destructible parts that falls off? No

04. [ ] - Accurate damage deformation like default cars? Yes

05. [ ] - Custom wheel models? Ofcourse

06. [ ] - Custom wheel models with tires that can run flat? Ofcourse

07. [ ] - Using multiple texture files, each having it's own normalmap & specular map? Ofcourse

08. [ ] - Passenger able to fire his AR from the passenger seat? (helicopter passenger animation?) More than likely not.

09. [ ] - Having a usable turret at the rear? (doubt it, not really needed either) More than likely no.

10. [ ] - Working headlights on parts that can fall off? Parts cannot fall off.

11. [ ] - Custom sounds, or atleast use one of the default car sounds that fit the best? Not as of yet, changing sounds to other cars ingame is possible however. That and a modified handling file which gives it one gear like it's Halo counterpart, may provide you with a sound close to the original.

PM me if you ever get it close to complete. I'd be glad to beta test for you.

AlexVestin
  • AlexVestin

Player Hater Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for the answers. They cleared up some of the questions for me. And about question number 8.

"Passenger able to fire his AR from the passenger seat? (helicopter passenger animation?)"

I do mean having people firing their Ak's and m4's out of the car. And the only vehicles that allows you to do that in IV are boats and helicopters. But only the rear passenger in helicopters are sitting down while doing it. Is it not possible at all right now to decide what animation each character will have at the different seat positions in the car?

BigMartin58
  • BigMartin58

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

Hey is this been done at all? I've been looking for a warthog for months for gta 4 and can't find one or convert one. Let me know!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users