Photo

Saved missions

3 replies to this topic
TechNut
  • TechNut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:47 PM

I have GTA San Andreas. Is there a way to copy the saved missions over to my new computer? I could get software that copies everything but the thing is my new PC is Windows XP and my old one Vista ha ha kinda funny I know but Vista is the secound edition of Windows ME.

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:51 PM

My Documents => GTA San Andreas User Files => GTASASF*.b

* being the saved slot. Just copy all of them, or even better, your whole SA User Files map (it also contains, for example, your preffered options, and the photo's you took with a camera).

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:17 PM Edited by radioman, 15 September 2009 - 06:21 PM.

Just use a Flash Drive. Copy the saves to the Flash Drive, and then use that to put the saves on your new PC-that's how I do it. If you don't have one, you can get them dirt cheap now a days-Wal-Mart has 8GB Flash Drives for $15. You can transfer anything with Flash Drives-Music, Documents, game saves, Pictures, etc. Hope this helps.

Actually, Windows Vista is an update from Windows XP, not ME. ME is a upgrade from 98. Hope this helps.

The only file from the User Files folder that won't work on your new PC is the .set file, as it stores the settings for your PC, which has your Video Card settings, Processor settings, game settings, etc. So, since new PC's have different Video Cards and Processors, you have to let the game recreate the .set file itself.

TechNut
  • TechNut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Sep 15 2009, 18:17)
Actually, Windows Vista is an update from Windows XP, not ME. ME is a upgrade from 98.  Hope this helps.

I was being sarcastic I know Vista is an upgrade to XP. But personally I hate vista and I think XP is the upgrade. And I never liked Windows ME either. Thanks for the help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users