» «
Photo

Counter-Strike: Source

36 replies to this topic
ptiko
  • ptiko

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:53 PM Edited by Ptikobj, 11 September 2009 - 10:03 PM.

user posted image

About the game
.....................................................................................................
The next installment of the world number 1 online action game!
Counter-Strike: Source blends Counter-Strike's award-winning teamplay
action with the advanced technology of Source™ technology. Featuring
state of the art graphics, all new sounds, and introducing physics,
Counter-Strike: Source is a must-have for every action gamer.

System Requirements
.....................................................................................................
Minimum: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card,
Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics
card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

BLTZKRG
  • BLTZKRG

Be polite. Be efficient.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

Awesome. Still playing this game up to now.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:14 PM

Lol, I can't imagine how many CS:S topics are done. Anyway, my Steam is "Kimd41" if anyone wants to play with me.

BLTZKRG
  • BLTZKRG

Be polite. Be efficient.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:24 PM

http://img242.images...6466/codpic.jpg
http://img134.images...417/codpic2.jpg

Been trying to replicate Modern Warfare 2 in Counter Strike Source with mods. Just shows the vast selection of mods you can add to CSS to add replayability value.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:28 AM

I play Counter-Strike from the day when he appeared.
Now I play Source cuz I on the normal one there are too many noobs under 13 years old that don't know how to play this game, camping on the map, thinking that if they do that and kill someone they are heroes on the server and the map is finished my be time in stead of one from the Teams from the game; to many people cheating; to many people screaming and swearing.

On Source:
Much more quite, much more safe. If a cheater is coming, in the next 2 seconds is out (BANNED), more realistic than the 1.6, much more RESPECT on the server. Doesn't need a great PC to play this game, runing very great up 250-270fps and other good stuff that I forgot. icon14.gif

rdbx1234
  • rdbx1234

Cow-tippin Crack Baby

• Members

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:52 PM

This is actually what got me addicted to FPS shooting games, so if it wasn't for this I wouldn't have been playing CA.

And I still have this in my HDD, in fact I might just play some right now, well after I'm finished browsing GTAF. tounge.gif

n11lc2
  • n11lc2

Lurker Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

there's a way to see through walls without ever getting vac banned, no it's not a hack. You can't get banned for it unless valve wants to ban all the modding community.

edit - but if valve were to disable all kinds of modding it wouldn't be a problem anymore, although every modder would bitch about it.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (n11lc2 @ Sep 12 2009, 17:28)
there's a way to see through walls without ever getting vac banned, no it's not a hack. You can't get banned for it unless valve wants to ban all the modding community.

It's still f*cking cheating.

OT: I only play dr_ these days because I get my ass handed to me otherwise.

The Guru
  • The Guru

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None
  • Picture of the Year 2010

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

I played this at my friends house. All I really did was surf really, don't really like the game that much anyway.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

The game sucks actually but if you have decent people playing the game (who actually take the weapons they WANT to take and not the M4/AK47/Desert Eagle/AWP loadout and camp around because they're afraid to die) you can have alot of fun.

Otherwise it tends to get boring really fast. Still play it alot (mainly because you can customize almost everything from the game which is AWESOME in my opinion. Increases the replay value alot for me wink.gif .

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (n11lc2 @ Sep 12 2009, 16:28)
there's a way to see through walls without ever getting vac banned, no it's not a hack.

Seeing through walls is hacking, I don't give a flying f*ck what you think.

I used play quite a lot of Source about a year ago. Not that great now, I just end up playing GG for fun.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

good old CS started playin in the eraly beta stages, after getting the orange box for PC i went to download CS source and had a nasty shock that you actually have to pay for it now!

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (n11lc2 @ Sep 12 2009, 17:28)

edit - but if valve were to disable all kinds of modding it wouldn't be a problem anymore, although every modder would bitch about it.

MSN notices don't count. At least that worked in ET, it would flash all walls.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Somekind of muzzle flash mod... HINT HINT...

Another hint... FPSBanana...

That's all I give you guys for this modification 'see through walls' ability.

n11lc2
  • n11lc2

Lurker Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:25 PM Edited by n11lc2, 13 September 2009 - 04:28 PM.

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Sep 13 2009, 15:51)
Somekind of muzzle flash mod... HINT HINT...

Another hint... FPSBanana...

That's all I give you guys for this modification 'see through walls' ability.

you can't get the mod from fpsbanana, and it doesn't have anything to do with muzzle flash, stop giving hints we don't need more people using it.

look i'm not saying it's ok to hack because there's a way around vac, i'm just saying there's still a serious exploit.

edit - it's not a outside program like msn, and it's not a real hack where it modifies the game memory.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (n11lc2 @ Sep 13 2009, 17:25)
you can't get the mod from fpsbanana, and it doesn't have anything to do with muzzle flash, stop giving hints we don't need more people using it.

I think people are free to decide to use it if they want it... they are the pathetic ones using it. I am against it too though;

And you CAN find it on FPSBanana... I've seen it numerous times in the past when searching for some decent, realistic and high quality muzzleflash replacements.

n11lc2
  • n11lc2

Lurker Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Sep 13 2009, 16:58)
QUOTE (n11lc2 @ Sep 13 2009, 17:25)

I think people are free to decide to use it if they want it... they are the pathetic ones using it. I am against it too though;

And you CAN find it on FPSBanana... I've seen it numerous times in the past when searching for some decent, realistic and high quality muzzleflash replacements.

it has nothing to do with sprites or models, you must be talking about another exploit.

if you were to see someone using the cheat im talking about you would think they're actually hacking. Has nothing to do with console commands too.
Ok i'm going to stop giving hints lol.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

I used to play CS:CZ tons back in the day, then CSS came out and played that for a while but I got bored of it around 06. If you play CSS you should give DoDs a try. Its the same except with more strategy and team work, less hackers, no wait times, and most importantly no 12 year olds.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Sep 13 2009, 19:07)
and most importantly no 12 year olds.

How wrong you are.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

Day of Defeat Source is also great... shamefully lacking the British faction, lacking alot of weapons, lacking ironsights on all weapons (come on, seriously how friggin lame is that?)...

Could've been something huge. Maybe something for 'Orange Box 2'???

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Sep 13 2009, 19:59)
Day of Defeat Source is also great... shamefully lacking the British faction, lacking alot of weapons, lacking ironsights on all weapons (come on, seriously how friggin lame is that?)...

Could've been something huge. Maybe something for 'Orange Box 2'???

It's supposed to be CS:S with a WWII theme. You should check out Resistance and Liberation, though. It's great on packed servers.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

I installed two versions of R&L but it was a big letdown for me. Silly and senseless ironsight system (press this button to see down the sights but press another button and you actually see through the sights... oh don't forget to press button X to see through the sights properly).

Not alot of servers when I checked (numerous times) for both versions. Latest version I installed was Alpha 4. Don't know if that one is the most up to date version. Still, it looked awesome though in my opinion it was a big letdown (especially since it lacked servers).

Might check it out again though.

But since we're going offtopic: Don't forget to check out Forgotten Hope 2 for Battlefield 2... the only reason I bought the (in my opinion) overrated Battlefield 2. It's a great modification!

Ontopic:
We should make some GTAF STEAM group or so... would be nice to play with a bunch of GTAF members on some STEAM game biggrin.gif .

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:14 PM Edited by Indi., 13 September 2009 - 07:30 PM.

I'm not too fussed on the game, but I still like it, it's probably because I'm only good at TF2 and L4D tounge.gif . Still a kickass game.

It has beautiful graphics for it's time, and it's still awesome graphics. Although I love TF2 out of all of the Source graphics in my opinion.

Take a look at this, beautiful graphics:

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Sep 14 2009, 03:51)

How wrong you are.

The servers I play on are almost all people from 20-40 year olds.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Sep 13 2009, 21:16)

How wrong you are.

The servers I play on have whiny French 9-year olds and annoying 20 to 30-year olds who use the word "naab" far too often. It's almost as if there are no mature Europeans on during the day.

@fullmetal: I love iron sights system, and the aiming in general makes sense. But it does suck when there are no players on, yeah.

@Indi.: Is there any way to make CS:S look like that? I've got everything cranked up to the very max, and it's no where near that.

ptiko
  • ptiko

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Sep 13 2009, 19:14)
Take a look at this, beautiful graphics:
[youtube]Yc_aG6LwzQ8[youtube]

GET OF MY YOUTUBE ACCOUNT mad.gif
That was done when I was overclocking.

Im begining to love CS.
Anyone recommend a good server?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Sep 13 2009, 20:59)
QUOTE (OnePiece @ Sep 13 2009, 21:16)

How wrong you are.

The servers I play on have whiny French 9-year olds and annoying 20 to 30-year olds who use the word "naab" far too often. It's almost as if there are no mature Europeans on during the day.

@fullmetal: I love iron sights system, and the aiming in general makes sense. But it does suck when there are no players on, yeah.

@Indi.: Is there any way to make CS:S look like that? I've got everything cranked up to the very max, and it's no where near that.

I think it's with resolution to be honest, what monitor you got?

@Bean: Nooooo, I haven't been stalking you. ph34r.gif I only know the Zombie one and some Surf servers.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

I got a guest pass for this off Indi. a while back and played a little bit, it's an ok game but not brilliant, i don't see all the praise for it either. TF2 is by far the best Source game in my opinion, along with L4D, this doesn't really come close to either in my opinion.

Tsar_Smirnoff
  • Tsar_Smirnoff

Daft Suburbanite

• The Connection

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

I have to admit I f*cking suck at this game, so I used to just spectate....I liked Zombiemod though especially the HellsGamers server.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

Did anyone knew about this. smile.gif
I have found now after so much time of playing source.
The photos are realy cool.

user posted image user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users