Photo

Doing Missions

24 replies to this topic
Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

I don't know if people would think this is a worthy topic, but I was just wondering about it because I sometimes play certain missions on the oddest of hours and day considering the missions context and it got me to thinking when each mission would actually take place if it were real time in a real city. Here's a rundown of a few at the top of my head.

*There might be SPOILERS here*

Undertaker:
Obviously funerals usually take place during the late morning early afternoon and I think they can happen on any day but weekends might work best.

It's Your Call/Three's a Crowd/Jamaican Heat
This is when Roman is working his day job, so they would have to take place during work hours on weekdays.

First Date
Might work best on weekday evenings or weekends night or day; there might be a hint that Michelle works for a living.

Taking in the Trash
This one is a bit tricky if you add the Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony crossovers. Garbage day is on Tuesdays and Fridays so this is probably the best days to do it during work hours. If that's so then Diamonds in the Rough from both Johnny and Luis' perspective would have to take place either Monday or Thursday evenings before Johnny stores them in the trash around Algonquin.

Weekend at Florian's
Might work best on Saturday or Sunday at any time.

Easy as Can Be
Could be Saturday or Sunday morning. Brucie has a girl over who he could have met the night before and that sort of parting would happen on either Friday or Saturday night. Plus Brucie is exercising and not working at his shop.

Luck of the Irish
On any night it would seem everybody's just chilling' after a hard day.

Blow Your Cover
Night as well, maybe on Friday seeing how Elizebeta is throwing a Party and it would make sense for a drug deal to happen when the Sun's fully down.

Final Interview
Works best on any weekday and 12 is the default time.

U.L. Paper Missions
Weekdays during work hours, it is a front.

Gerry Prison Missions
During what visitor hours would be on any day. I'll Take Her would maybe happen on a weekday or weekend midday.

Holland Nights
Do it any time except night time. smile.gif

Obviously these are up for interpretation and maybe I'm looking in too deep but I thought it would be interesting to note because for me personally it feels better having an idea of what would happen before and after the mission making it flow better in my head.

If you guys have any feel free to post them up.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

Museum Piece
I figured the diamond deal might work best during the night time, as the museum is closed during that time.

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

I'm the same way! I'm always annoyed when something happens at a retarded time. My first encounter with that rapper guy in Star Junction was at, like, 3:00am so I reloaded a slightly earlier save to redo it.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (foohy @ Sep 9 2009, 19:05)
I'm the same way! I'm always annoyed when something happens at a retarded time. My first encounter with that rapper guy in Star Junction was at, like, 3:00am so I reloaded a slightly earlier save to redo it.

Lol... I feel you friend but 3am isn't that bad for Pathos cuz it's Star Junction in a spoof of "the city that never sleeps" so I wouldn't think it was that big of a stretch. Although it does work better during the day.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (shinsta312 @ Sep 9 2009, 21:03)
Museum Piece
I figured the diamond deal might work best during the night time, as the museum is closed during that time.

Too bad for you, the museum is getting renovated. tounge.gif

Dreql
  • Dreql

Assassin

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

To me i thought Jamaican Heat wouldve worked well at night....

scarp1996
  • scarp1996

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:21 PM

The Three Leaf Clover

Mid-day like in Heat biggrin.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:02 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 10 September 2009 - 04:04 AM.

Uncle Vlad

I reckon this mission works best at night, but it doesn't really matter what day. Reason being it feels more sinister.

The Master, and the Moltov

Definitely at night. Preferably on a Friday, or Saturday.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sep 10 2009, 04:02)
Uncle Vlad

I reckon this mission works best at night, but it doesn't really matter what day. Reason being it feels more sinister.

If you wanna go by the credits from TLAD then maybe sundown is the best time, plus it would seem fitting seeing how Roman is away from the phone seeming like the end of a day shift and Vlad is just sitting down for a drink at Comrads. But night would work too.

livejoker
  • livejoker

I'm Herbert Moooooooon!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:02 PM

Escuala Of The Street (Is this the mission where you follow that drug-dealer)?
I do it at day time.

Most missions are done at night, seeing a gun-fight during day, for me, is weird. notify.gif
So during the day, I go take a nice ride in a private place (out of view for peds), go to the gunshop and for the fun of realism; burgershot in Algonquin! cool.gif

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:44 AM

Hmm, I never thought of it that way. Interesting.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:32 AM

Good topic cookie.gif

Many missions I have replayed over again at different times of day and night. Certainly gives a different vibe.

SafetyCatch
  • SafetyCatch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

I like playing the game realistically, so this helps a lot. Thanks.

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

I must admit, if I am doing any chase missions, I try for dawn's early light, or early afternoon, just so that I can see more clearly any bastard taxis pulling out in front of Niko (particularly when he is on a motorbike). cool.gif

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (SafetyCatch @ Sep 11 2009, 10:56)
I like playing the game realistically, so this helps a lot. Thanks.

Yeah man, let's go for them all if we can. We can even include TLAD and TBOGT for those who will play them.

The Cousins Bellic
Game starts at dawn and I think the day is random but usually mid-week like Tuesdady or Wednesday I don't know if it starts any other day.

It's Your Call
I think its best you do it the same day Niko arrives, by the time Roman leaves the apartment he starts work and because you have nothing else to do at the moment you can just go straight to his depot and it'll already be like 8am so that's fitting. If it happens to be on a weekend it could just be that he's working overtime perhaps.

VercettiTheNiter
  • VercettiTheNiter

The FunkyCodeMonkey

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:19 PM

Catch The Wave

I don't know why but I love playing this mission in the late morning/early afternoon timeslot.

Anyways nice topic icon14.gif tounge.gif

scarp1996
  • scarp1996

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Versityle @ Sep 11 2009, 17:58)

The Cousins Bellic
Game starts at dawn and I think the day is random but usually mid-week like Tuesdady or Wednesday I don't know if it starts any other day.

For me its midnight

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:11 AM

Three's A Crowd
Somehow I see this best suited in the late afternoon on any weekday. It feels like Roman's been working throughout the day and Malorie and Michelle are coming back from somewhere which probably would suggest that whatever they were doing took up a chunk of the afternoon.

Bleed Out
This is a tricky one. This mission is only triggered when you're on your way to see Michelle for "First Date" so you'd have to consider when the best time to do "First Date" would be. I said either weekday evenings or anytime during the weekends between morning and night. Based on the credits of The Lost and Damned it seems to take place in the late afternoon so I'd go for that preferably on a weekday.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (shinsta312 @ Sep 9 2009, 15:03)
Museum Piece

museum is closed the whole arc of the story wink.gif

I think, just a random factoid, I think someone said it was closed down for work - I guess that explains all the covers on things. It was the heli tour guy, Vicki wink.gif

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:22 PM

Hating the Haters
Bernie's going for a jog, so this is best suited during the late morning early afternoon maybe on a weekend but could work any day I suppose.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Sep 11 2009, 22:43)
Museum Piece

I think, just a random factoid, I think someone said it was closed down for work - I guess that explains all the covers on things. It was the heli tour guy, Vicki wink.gif

Still, I think the diamond deal works best at night.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (shinsta312 @ Sep 14 2009, 18:33)
QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Sep 11 2009, 22:43)
Museum Piece

Still, I think the diamond deal works best at night.

Either night or early morning, like a non busy day like Sunday. Because when Niko meets Ray at the Restaurant it seems like it's closed so it either be closed for the day or just about to open. In TLAD Johnny gets a phone call from Ray about the mission so that doesn't seem to really make a difference, but we'll have to wait to see Luis' side of it.

RedEnd
  • RedEnd

PC Gaming FTW

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:54 AM

Uncle Vlad

What about weather?
Uncle Vlad was in that foggy weather for me last time i did that. Fits perfectly while Niko tells his backstory..
The master and the molotov always seems to be in a foggy setting (when you meet dimitri) but for me it ended in the night (done it a few times)

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (RedEnd @ Sep 15 2009, 10:54)
Uncle Vlad

What about weather?
Uncle Vlad was in that foggy weather for me last time i did that. Fits perfectly while Niko tells his backstory..
The master and the molotov always seems to be in a foggy setting (when you meet dimitri) but for me it ended in the night (done it a few times)

That's a good point RedEnd I think that does enhance the mood of vibe of each mission. My only argument is that just like real life the weather isn't in our hands, but setting a program or event on a certain time and day is usually controlled by us. From the top of my head I think any mission would work in any weather, but that's just my opinion.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:45 AM

Did Call and Collect on a Friday afternoon. It seemed like Niko and Francis could be lost in the crowds and speak normally. Also cool to see the Statue of Happyness in the background.

After finishing the mission, and taking Francis's call, I met him at the station that evening for the first part of Final Interview. Made sense because they are bringing in a guy for drinking. That and the view from his office is pretty cool while he drinks. What's nice is that you get an automated message telling you the lawyers office will be open after the weekend.

Deconstruction for Beginers I like to do on a Monday morning.

NIce topic cookie.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users