70 replies to this topic
JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

I'm glad to hear that too 123robot! Welcome back to the chain games! I hope you can join us.

Okay, up for discussion:
Change the wait between turns to 4 hours?

Change "do only 1 mission" to "do no more than 2 missions unless doing one of those missions triggers another mission" - see first page for exceptions.

I'm agreeable to the above suggestions.

Continue using the starter save by Zmoonchild? See the first page for a description of what all has been done. Personally, I like the starter save.

Does anyone want to do the checklist? I can't up date it every few days like it should be.
If more than one wants to do it, I think I can come up with some possibilities to keep everyone happy & interested.

How can we get more players when Rockstar made it so difficult (perceptively) to share the saves?

Other suggestions?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

I do not agree with the thing about doing more named missions in a turn, it just ain't right. I do agree though with Zmoon's save and with the 4 hour reset time. Also, I'd like to take care of the Checklist, but I'll have to modify it (add more than just "activities with Jacob" so that we know WHICH activities are done and which not).

One more this JAJ, I do believe that it'd be better to request a move for this topic. Mission Help just ain't visited at all. Maybe the general GTA IV chat? A pin would also be nice.

magneto
  • magneto

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

I also don't agree about doing more then one named mission in a turn.
About the Zmoon's save,I don't mind.if we are able to finish round that really starts from zero and take it to 100%.
do you mind to start looking for 200 pigeons or pass the high score on QUB3D? I think it's more challenging to take it from zero to 100%,but just if we all of the players will take a part of doing those side missions .I know it's pretty annoying so I will understand if you choose to use Zmoon's save and since we are just few players it can takes a lot of time (again) to complete a round.
I also agree with the 4 hour reset time.

I think we should pin this topic in mission help and to pin the lounge also,like in gta sa mission help forum.

and like I wrote before,I think that we should be able to take a turn after 2 completed turns instead of 3. because we are just a few players..

what do you say guys?

by the way,JAJ,Do you gonna participate round 3?

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:02 AM Edited by PrometheusX, 14 July 2012 - 07:20 AM.

I fully agree with with changing the limit to 2 missions. It's because of the activity, what led me to this suggestion. If the activity was close to SA CG, of course no one would've thought/discussed this.

4 Hour wait? Surely. icon14.gif

JAJ, I'll take care of the checklist, although there should be someone else in case I'm inactive or such.

Also I agree with moving the Chain Game to the General IV section, that with a pin to the topic will definitely result in more activity.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (magneto @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 04:18)
I think we should pin this topic in mission help and to pin the lounge also,like in gta sa mission help forum.

There isn't much activity here and 3/4th of people here play GTA 4 on PS3 and Xbox 360. It was stated in this Round: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060446604 (Read from that post and go down)
This Chain Game isn't the same as GTA SA's. There has been too much of hard work, attention and people who are willing to play the game in GTA SA's Chain Game. Most of the users here who have joined in 2005-2007 have taken part in SA Chain Game but here, nobody is interested to do so. It doesn't means that Chain Game is not interesting.

Talking about interesting, @JAJ: Do you think you can make a special GTA 4 Save File (Like in Chain Game of GTA 3 and GTA SA)? This could bring members interest in the Chan Game and would like to know what the save file features. I do accept Zoom's starter save but more the new stuffs, more the enjoyment.

I have fixed my CD scratches but I can't be sure how much I can help you in this round. I may still play and do side missions but don't expect me to do many chores at once.

Anyways, Congratulations for completing Round 2. Hope I can participate in the next round. smile.gif

123robot
  • 123robot

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Thanks everyone for welcoming me into the game! smile.gif I've always thought that a GTA IV chain game would be rather interesting with the new features.

Anyway, my opinions of those ideas, JAJ, are as follows:
4 hours sounds good.
I'm not too fond of the 2 mission per turn idea, but if it helps boost activity, then it should be included.
Starter save is great. It already has the annoying stuff like the pigeons and stunt jumps completed.
The checklist doesn't look complicated to use, and I'm pretty active, so I could do it, but there seems to already be other people interested.
The save sharing system doesn't look anymore difficult then what is used for the GTA SA chain game. Has it changed?

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for all the feedback! icon14.gif Good stuff!

Here's a link to the next round (and its' new location):
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061488316

I am going to request that this topic be mover there also.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

miromiro the checklist isn't fully updated. Check my notes on my turns, there are some missions/activities done.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Alright guys, I've finally updated the checklist... a little more than the ticking. I've been working lately hardly on a brand new layout for the checklist, and I hope you guys like it. This was the reason why I mainly wasn't able to update it regularly. It ain't even completely finished yet, but unfortunately I'm unable to work on it anymore. Anyway, I hope you like it, and by this post I'm also tell you goodbye for the next 10 days. I'm going tonight on a trip to Germany and will be completely offline until August 9th. Again, no checklists updates since then. tounge.gif

See you all then!

magneto
  • magneto

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

lol my bad...

I'm going to take a turn finally smile.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Okay guys, I've finally given the last touch to the design of the checklist of the Chain Game. It's everything there, now we only need a little more activity. confused.gif
I suppose we'll have it though when the summer season ends.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users