» «
Photo

The GTAIV Chain Game Lounge

70 replies to this topic
JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:23 PM Edited by JAJ, 06 September 2009 - 11:08 PM.

The GTAIV Chain Game Lounge

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

A BIG thanks to Unlimited for letting me use some of his 'content' from <The GTASA Chain Game Lounge>

The GTAIV Chain Game Lounge topic is for players who have questions or wish to talk about the GTAIV Chain Game.
Players could post something funny that happend during a turn, a new mission strategy, problems they had/glitchs, ideas for a future mod'ed save file, etc.

-Please keep the general topic related to the GTAIV Chain Game.
-Please use the this topic for your question or comments about the GTAIV Chain Game.

Here's some helpful links:
<Frequently Asked Questions, by CharmingCharlie>
<GTA4.net Liberty City map collection>
<GTA4.net Liberty City mission guide>
<GTA4.net Liberty City Assassinations guide>
<GTA4.net Liberty City characters>
<GTA4.net Liberty City friends and girlfriends>
<GTA4.net Liberty City random characters>
<GTA4.net Pigeon location map>
<GTA4.net Liberty City Stevie's Car Thefts>
<Storyline Choices by en.wikiGTA.org>

If you have any questions about the Chain Game, you could make a post, or PM one of the Chain Game officers.

The GTAIV Chain Game Officers:
aFinn
girishb
JAJ

sharan_basava
  • sharan_basava

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:11 AM

yes im using xliveless but it fails to load
other savegames load normaly

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

But then how did you manage to do 'First Date'? If it loaded then, it should load now too. You must be doing something wrong. Did you place the savefile in the new location specified by Xliveless?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

What the hell are you guys talking about?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Sep 8 2009, 14:19)
What the hell are you guys talking about?

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=424647

Read, understand and play. tounge.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Yes, but how does the second post relate to the opening one?

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Sep 8 2009, 05:56)
Yes, but how does the second post relate to the opening one?

The discussion was directed here from <this topic>. This is the topic for GTAIV chain game discussion.
Do you have any other questions or comments - perferably about the GTAIV chain game?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

Oh, this is just a general topic for all CG related discussion. This is so, so that we can keep all discussion/issues related posts away from the main CG topic.

sharan_basava is having an issues loading the CG save and I asked him to post in here rather than the pinned CG topic.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

I'm hoping to join you guys soon. I'd like to finish the game on single player first though.

I need to figure out how the save file sharing stuff works before I can play. tounge.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:43 PM

Ah I will give this a bit of a bump wink.gif at girish's request I did a bit of a news posting on GTAnet about the chain game to try and drum up some interst. You can read the news post here :-

http://www.gta4.net/...ame-now-running

RYO_91
  • RYO_91

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

JAJ is that your dog? he is cute

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

Erm, this topic is indeed for chatting/talking, but not general, random chat; only Chain Game related chat. tounge.gif

RYO_91
  • RYO_91

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

i know its just that i love dogs, no more off topic sorry

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Sep 14 2009, 13:43)
Ah I will give this a bit of a bump  wink.gif at girish's request I did a bit of a news posting on GTAnet about the chain game to try and drum up some interst.  You can read the news post here :-

Thanks to CharmingCharlie for the wonderful write-up! It's very much appreciated!

@RYO_91, The one in the sig is my girlfriend's dog Daisy & she is very old now - about 19/20, we don't know for sure.
The one in the avatar was mine but she died about a 15 months ago. It was a very sad time for me.

Here's my new dog, he's almost 2 yrs old:
user posted image

RYO_91
  • RYO_91

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (JAJ @ Sep 14 2009, 22:59)
QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Sep 14 2009, 13:43)
Ah I will give this a bit of a bump  wink.gif at girish's request I did a bit of a news posting on GTAnet about the chain game to try and drum up some interst.  You can read the news post here :-

Thanks to CharmingCharlie for the wonderful write-up! It's very much appreciated!

@RYO_91, The one in the sig is my girlfriend's dog Daisy & she is very old now - about 19/20, we don't know for sure.
The one in the avatar was mine but she died about a 15 months ago. It was a very sad time for me.

Here's my new dog, he's almost 2 yrs old:
user posted image

they are very similar ,are they family?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:32 AM

Alright, I figured out how to download the saves for IV for PC, but I cannot find where the saves are located? I have used the search feature in Windows, and I have searched the entire IV section of the forum, but no help there. I have Vista Home Premium laptop and do not use compatibility mode, if that helps. I have 2 saves right now, the Auto save and a save in the first slot. Also, is it a known problem for the mouse to be slow responsive? I have that problem. I play on a laptop with the following specs, if it helps: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core (2.10GHZ), 3GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia Geforce 8200M w/1407MB VRAM. I can play the game fine, except for the slow mouse response problem, and texture slow at loading sometimes, is this a known problem?

Thanks JAJ for pointing me to the IV Chain Game Lounge from the SA topic.

Also, why does the Safari browser work for downloading the saves, but IE 7 and 8 will not download the saves?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:59 AM

Since you're Vista, you can locate the saves this way:
Start > Games > Right-click on Grand Theft Auto IV > Saved Games.
This will take you directly to the savegames folder.

But in order to load saves from the Chain Game or any other downloaded save, you'll need Xliveless. This will change the savegames folder location to: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
You'll have to copy the saves to this location.

As for the mouse issue, try increasing the sensitivity from the Control options. Note that, Niko does not move/turn as swiftly as the protagonists from the previous GTAs. So, maybe that's why you find it a little odd.

And regarding the GTA4SnP site, it seems that the website is not optimized to work on IE. I'll contact Gangsta Killa about this and see if it can be corrected.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 15 2009, 03:59)
And regarding the GTA4SnP site, it seems that the website is not optimized to work on IE. I'll contact Gangsta Killa about this and see if it can be corrected.

Gangsta Killa continues to work on getting his site to work with IE8.
QUOTE (Gangsta Killa @ Sep 17 2009, 15:35)
For those of you who use IE, and IE seems to open it in the browse, right click the link and choose save target as, make sure its set to all files and remove the .txt extension.

Samutz has added the GTA IV saves to his site http://www.gtasnp.com/ I've tested it & it works fine.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:37 PM

I had meant to post this but I forgot. Check out the screenshot taken during the mission 'Dust Off'.

user posted image

I had no idea about the AI hanging onto choppers too. I thought it happened only with cars. It was awesome though until the poor guy lost grip and fell. sad.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:54 AM Edited by girishb, 29 September 2009 - 02:56 PM.

QUOTE (JAJ @ Sep 29 2009, 04:00)
Completion %: 65.55%

Did the rest of Stevie's Car Thefts

Completing Stevie's car thefts should give us a 2% increase. Are you sure that is the right completion percentage?

Just asking because I haven't checked it myself and if we didn't get the percentage, then there might be something wrong.

Edit: Ok, scratch this. You hadn't exported the 'Patriot' yet. I finished it off.

syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:30 AM

Last night I was playing Dust off and I remember that always there's a dude that hides around the corner always, as soon as I climb the helicopter, he comes and hangs on for a while. Happened every time I did that mission.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (syrdax @ Sep 29 2009, 13:00)
Last night I was playing Dust off and I remember that always there's a dude that hides around the corner always, as soon as I climb the helicopter, he comes and hangs on for a while. Happened every time I did that mission.

Really? I can't remember the first few times I did the mission. Is it possible that you can kill the guy before getting in the helicopter?

syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:16 AM

Yes, you can. Thing is, I always sniped the 2 front guys, then when you shot the first shot to the guys back there, you can see one of them making a run around the corner. Once you take down the group, when I head to the chopper, I usually got on it but you can hear one of them saying he will kill you and all of that, but he doesn't get out of hidding until you start the chopper. I usually let him climb because he doesn't seem to have guns.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

Ok, as Girish has pointed out, I need Xliveless to load the Chain Game saves for IV, but the problem is, I am unable to install xliveless, since Norton Internet Security 2009 keeps blocking it-it comes up that it contains viruses, and thus it Quaratines it. McAfee Internet Security does the same thing-as I have tried downloading it on my desktop(Which is the one that has McAfee on it) and it comes up the same as Norton does on my laptop. It does no good to install it on my desktop anyway, as it will not run IV-the video card is only an ATI Radeon X1250, and the game needs at least a 1300. My laptop is the one that runs IV. So thus I am unable to load any downloaded saves. So, there may be a problem with xlivess?, otherwise two well known and respectable Anti-virus/firewall programs would not be blocking/qauratine the download.? Any solutions/fixes for this?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:17 AM

Both Norton and McAfee are well known but not at all respectable. They're quite crap, tbh. If you've not paid for these AVs, then get rid of them. Avira AntiVir is free and better than both Norton and McAfee combined together.

There is nothing wrong with Xliveless. Both Norton and McAfee are giving you false alarms. You have 2 options:
1. Either get rid of them and use a different anti-virus.
or
2. Close your anti-virus every time you wish to use Xliveless.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for the tips Girish, that's good to know, since both of my Ant-Virus subscriptions expire at the end of this month. It is mostly my laptop I have to worry about that on, as that is the only PC I have that will run GTA IV.

I was using McAfee, because it is free with my from Cox Communications(my internet provider). Norton came free with my Vista laptop. I will look into that Anti-virus program you talked about in the above post after my subscription to Norton expires.

Until then, I will try turning my anti-virus off while using Xliveless with GTA IV...

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:10 AM

Or check your AV settings and add an exception for Xliveless.

If you're looking for a free AV, Avira is your best bet. If you wish to purchase an AV, get the Kaspersky Internet Security Suite.

FireItUp
  • FireItUp

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Have you guys thought about round 2 yet? are we going to be using someone's save file? Imo, I think we should find a save file (if there is one) where all the pigeons are collected and do the rest ourselves.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (FireItUp @ Oct 20 2009, 00:10)
Have you guys thought about round 2 yet? are we going to be using someone's save file? Imo, I think we should find a save file (if there is one) where all the pigeons are collected and do the rest ourselves.

We need more players, tbh. When we started the first round, we had no idea how many members would be interested, so we decided to use zmoonchild's save with unique jumps and pigeons completed since they're the activities that take the most time. As you can see, the pace of the current round isn't that great. The SA Chain game gets over faster than this. I'd like to wait for a few rounds to see if we can attract more players before moving on to a scratch save with 0% progress.

FireItUp
  • FireItUp

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:55 PM Edited by FireItUp, 20 October 2009 - 05:58 PM.

QUOTE (girishb @ Oct 20 2009, 14:19)
QUOTE (FireItUp @ Oct 20 2009, 00:10)

We need more players, tbh. When we started the first round, we had no idea how many members would be interested, so we decided to use zmoonchild's save with unique jumps and pigeons completed since they're the activities that take the most time. As you can see, the pace of the current round isn't that great. The SA Chain game gets over faster than this. I'd like to wait for a few rounds to see if we can attract more players before moving on to a scratch save with 0% progress.

Sounds good. Think I'll install SA and join you guys in that chain game also.

We would probably see more players if we didn't need Xliveless to load saves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users