GTA III HD Version

2,415 replies to this topic
FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

Looks great sofar... everything looks nice except the overload of BLUR which is annoying in my opinion.

Keep up the good work! I hope you'll tone the 'blurryness' alot because 'high quality' isn't necessarily 'blur, bloom' and such confused.gif.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

Yeah I think the same. What's the point in making all the game HD when you can't really see all that quality because of BLUR.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (yojo2 @ Sep 24 2009, 20:22)
Yeah I think the same. What's the point in making all the game HD when you can't really see all that quality because of BLUR.

I think blur is making good think to grafics in GTA3 and this is strange but true
But many people (like me ) cant run ENB so pls post some screen withnout ENB
sigh.gif

BT&T Hell Labs
  • BT&T Hell Labs

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

So far you haven't actually done anything beyond show off the worst ENB settings ever made when applied to onepeices cars. There is no excuse for this, if you need ENB to make your work look good when you are doing a graphics mod, then you must be sh*t at it.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:31 PM

People need to get their stuff and terms straight. 'HD, High Defenition, High Quality, Next Gen' and all those terms are actually meaningless and most people use these terms without actually knowing and defining their terms. Almost everyone use these terms to define the same thing: so called 'improved graphics'.

In the end 'HD' means just extremely large textures, excessive blur, excessive and fake reflections for most people (see ENB done WRONG).

But on the other hand the textures look good and I'm looking forward to see some newly improved pedestrians in III.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:34 PM Edited by yojo2, 24 September 2009 - 08:38 PM.

QUOTE (ludi911 @ Sep 24 2009, 22:24)
I think blur is making good think to grafics in GTA3 and this is strange but true

Uhmm I don't think so. GTA3 overall isn't that bad. Also because of that blur you can see barely anything, and pics are so fuzzy that they look much MUCH worse than original GTA. Seriously, I see no real need to use ENB in GTAIII.

Good thing that ENB is not obligatory...

BTW RockstarWizards, I see you're using my HQ Radar Icons, hope you don't forget to credit me for that... wink.gif

rdbx1234
  • rdbx1234

Cow-tippin Crack Baby

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (vans123 @ Sep 24 2009, 19:09)
well other stuff was great but now...

you screwed it dozingoff.gif
use more realitic and not tiled textures or at least do new UV Maps for the roads
we can clearly see that the roads you used in the second picture are the GTA IV brooklyn birdge roads textures and is couse GTA III repeats the same texture all over the road
you can see the white  little line incomplete and then another time starts the same texture

and...
Yeah idiot...i know what is blurr....i know that you set a motionblur velocity and quantity
i just was making a reference of how bad ENB is fking the pictures...i can see that effect is the one GTA SA ENB has too the thing that screws up the background/landscape with all that sh*tty blind stuff

anyway man...Is great at least you will make a big difference between stock GTA III and this one

Just so you'd know it's not ENB itself that is f*cking up the pictures it's the person settings which is, also calling me an idiot wont help much. lol.gif

Also fullmetal, please explain to me how did "ENB done wrong"? What, is it the fake refs? Or is it the blur that you can disable? dozingoff.gif

But yeah I hope you get it finished even though the topics discussion has went off course. I just finished installing GTA3(which installed super fast) and I'm taking my time to finish LCS first though. tounge.gif

shantam777
  • shantam777

Error 404 - Not Found

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (rdbx1234 @ Sep 24 2009, 21:34)
QUOTE (vans123 @ Sep 24 2009, 19:09)
well other stuff was great but now...

you screwed it dozingoff.gif
use more realitic and not tiled textures or at least do new UV Maps for the roads
we can clearly see that the roads you used in the second picture are the GTA IV brooklyn birdge roads textures and is couse GTA III repeats the same texture all over the road
you can see the white  little line incomplete and then another time starts the same texture

and...
Yeah idiot...i know what is blurr....i know that you set a motionblur velocity and quantity
i just was making a reference of how bad ENB is fking the pictures...i can see that effect is the one GTA SA ENB has too the thing that screws up the background/landscape with all that sh*tty blind stuff

anyway man...Is great at least you will make a big difference between stock GTA III and this one

Just so you'd know it's not ENB itself that is f*cking up the pictures it's the person settings which is, also calling me an idiot wont help much. lol.gif

Also fullmetal, please explain to me how did "ENB done wrong"? What, is it the fake refs? Or is it the blur that you can disable? dozingoff.gif

But yeah I hope you get it finished even though the topics discussion has went off course. I just finished installing GTA3(which installed super fast) and I'm taking my time to finish LCS first though. tounge.gif

Will you stop showing off your knowledge about the graphical elements bored.gif He ain't even listening to you guys.We asked him to post screens without ENB from 1 page and We dont have one till now after we reached the 8th page confused.gif

The FireStarteR
  • The FireStarteR

Keep dreaming, T'Soni.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

if you don't like RW's ENB, put yours (or delete first one).
i think that blur making IV's atmosphere in III. BTW, IV's atmosphere more New York'ish than III's. IMHO.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (The FireStarteR @ Sep 25 2009, 18:23)
i think that blur making IV's atmosphere in III.

Let me just post some random sshot from GTAIV...
user posted image

...where the hell is all that blur?

GTAIV's graphics is just as sharp as GTAIII's.

GMcarsMAN
  • GMcarsMAN

Asahi Opt. Co., Japan

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:52 PM Edited by GMcarsMAN, 25 September 2009 - 04:57 PM.

QUOTE (yojo2 @ Sep 25 2009, 18:31)
QUOTE (The FireStarteR @ Sep 25 2009, 18:23)
i think that blur making IV's atmosphere in III.

Let me just post some random sshot from GTAIV...
user posted image

...where the hell is all that blur?

GTAIV's graphics is just as sharp as GTAIII's.

Just turn the definition off in graphic options and you'll get blur suicidal.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

Vans does have a point. If you wanna make a good mod, it has to look good without ENB too. Good initiative though, guys. I like the whole updating things business, it adds more length to the game I guess.

Fredskin
  • Fredskin

New Yorker Forever

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

Right, without ENB, the mod had to look good too .

And, why showing pics of good texture work, with those sh*tty ENB setting, when to title of the thread is GTA III HD . Here, the title is wrong, because you have just made texture HQ (hight quality) and not HD (hight detailed), and why putting enb in a mod which is supposing to show texture work ? it's totally no sens for me .

So, just put this enb off, and show pics of your real work, not work show behind filter like ENB, or Onepiece's Car, because you didn't do them .

GMcarsMAN
  • GMcarsMAN

Asahi Opt. Co., Japan

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

@ yojo2

Here's the comparsion between GTAIV wit and w/o the blur:

No blur (definition=on)
user posted image

With blur (definition=off)
user posted image

It can be done with one click. Just tap the [P] button on your keyboard and it switches the deninition on or off.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

I really does like the mod, but i hope you can show off more progress.
And blur does not make your mod looks better... dozingoff.gif
It's kinda really dumb, if you make HD textures and make so much f*ckin blur that we can't see it, it's like playing normal GTA 3 after drinking tons of alcohol suicidal.gif
If you have some HD stuff to show off, please don't hide/blur it away with ENBSeries, it's just stupid.
Anyways, good luck with the mod icon14.gif

RockstarWizards
  • RockstarWizards

GTAIII HD Developer Team

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:10 PM Edited by RockstarWizards, 12 October 2009 - 05:50 AM.

QUOTE (GMcarsMAN @ Sep 25 2009, 17:33)
@ yojo2

Here's the comparsion between GTAIV wit and w/o the blur:

No blur (definition=on)
user posted image

With blur (definition=off)
user posted image

It can be done with one click. Just tap the [P] button on your keyboard and it switches the deninition on or off.

You know, what I mean with that blur effect turn.gif

AFX
  • AFX

"My mother's my sister"

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

This mod looks great. I need to install GTA 3 again to play this. There are some nice mods on this forum!

Darecki
  • Darecki

a.k.a LinkinDark

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

This post is mostly for RockstarWizards...

Just look how to get rid of the sharpen textures.. Via Enb Series.
All you have to do is to set Anisotropic filtering ON. It's in [ENGINE] section
I've set it to 4 (Anizo 4x)

Here's a screenshot without anizo:
user posted image
And with anizo:
user posted image
(click on the photos to enlarge)

AFX
  • AFX

"My mother's my sister"

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

Good but what is 'anizo'?

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

whatever it is it looks better WITH it

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

Finally!

Fredskin and teun.steenbekkers...Thanks for understanding my point of view!!At least someone with a brain xD
Please man!

care about our comments....post screenies without the noob ENB effect that makes sh*t the screenies whatsthat.gif
anyway awsome try icon14.gif

RockstarWizards
  • RockstarWizards

GTAIII HD Developer Team

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:48 PM Edited by RockstarWizards, 12 October 2009 - 05:51 AM.

QUOTE (vans123 @ Sep 25 2009, 21:23)
Finally!

Fredskin and teun.steenbekkers...Thanks for understanding my point of view!!At least someone with a brain xD
Please man!

care about our comments....post screenies without the noob ENB effect that makes sh*t the screenies whatsthat.gif
anyway awsome try icon14.gif

My anisotropic filtering is on 8x, but it's not enough.
The blur makes the game-play more realistic...
See this picture... user posted image
GTAIV is sh*t? sly.gif

But I try to do anything confused.gif But I don't turn off this effect.

RockstarWizards
  • RockstarWizards

GTAIII HD Developer Team

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:57 PM Edited by RockstarWizards, 12 October 2009 - 05:55 AM.

The new traffic light:
user posted image

user posted image

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

you only texturized it or you made mesh model too?
anyway...

i have to say that GTA IV is pure sh*t when you cant play it with all settings in the max!
i play it in max settings and with ENB AA and well i love it more than playing TLAD In my 360!!!

but see when you play it in some stuff in low and you have to put graphics mod to make it look better there is when GTA IV becomes a sh*t...R* guys screwed up the buissness with GTA IV graphic settins...i would prefer them as GTA SA..."You can run it well run it!you cant...well you are fked" not those noob graphical settings

now ONTOPIC:
Well the new traffic light looks outstanding...and its me or you reduced alot the blurr(sh*t effect)?
couse now the screenies are more clear and you can see further more biggrin.gif
well now i can start giving good points of view...now that i can see xD

AFX
  • AFX

"My mother's my sister"

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:31 AM

Looks nice! But I'm afraid it will run like sh*t on my PC...

XAF226
  • XAF226

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:34 AM

How the hell is ENB on III even possible? I tried playing it and got 4-7 fps with a sh*tload of graphics bugs.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (XAF226 @ Sep 26 2009, 10:34)
How the hell is ENB on III even possible? I tried playing it and got 4-7 fps with a sh*tload of graphics bugs.

Haha, that need to be a pain in the arse suicidal.gif

=T.A=
  • =T.A=

ManMitDickemPimmel

• Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:49 AM

that looks verry good

AFX
  • AFX

"My mother's my sister"

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (XAF226 @ Sep 26 2009, 12:34)

It depends on the graphics card. Mine is pretty weak even if it has 256 MB of VRAM. I need Pixel Shader 3.0 to enable some features of ENB and my video card has got 2.0. By the time this mod is released I think I'll buy a new PC.

RockstarWizards
  • RockstarWizards

GTAIII HD Developer Team

• Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

New Trees (by Ryan & Pearcy):

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users