Q&A on BOGT

21 replies to this topic
Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:48 AM

user posted image

"Would I need an Xbox LIVE subscription to activate [Episodes from Liberty City] or anything to do with LIVE?" - scorebreaker

If you buy Episodes From Liberty City on disc for Xbox 360 at retail, you don’t need Xbox LIVE at all, other than to play multiplayer (which is a lot of fun and highly recommended). Of course, if you’re looking to download either of the episodes, you’ll need Xbox LIVE.

"Does anyone know how big the size of the file[for The Ballad of Gay Tony] will be?" - lorraine

It will be a similar size to The Lost And Damned, which was 2 GB.

"Do we need to have The Lost and Damned in order to play The Ballad Of Gay Tony?" - 29391

No. While it’s great to have knowledge of Episode 1’s story to get the most out of the revelations in Episode 2, it’s not essential. You can download and play The Ballad of Gay Tony on its own.

"If I buy the new standalone disc, can I play original GTA IV missions from the new disc (play as Niko Bellic)?" - Pardla

No, the Episodes From Liberty City are completely separate standalone games. To play through Niko’s story, you’d have to play the original release of Grand Theft Auto IV.

"Will all of the content that was added with the Ballad of Gay Tony and the Lost and the Damned be added so it can be used in the original, or will I have to continue to play each of the add-ons to use the new stuff?" - crow114

New features that appear in the Episodes do not cross over into the original Grand Theft Auto IV. The feature sets were designed with the story and gameplay arcs of each specific game in mind.

“PS3 PLEASE, dont forget that Grand Theft Auto originated on the Playstation system (PS1)” - anthonycr

We appreciate the enthusiasm of PlayStation 3 owners and believe us, we understand where you're coming from.  That's why we are working hard on a lineup of PlayStation 3 releases for 2010 that we know you will be very excited to play - including Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, and the PlayStation 3 exclusive AGENT, which is a brand-new title from Rockstar North, the creators of the Grand Theft Auto series.  Plus there's more yet to be announced...  Thanks again for your patience and please stay with us!

"Will there be tanks?" - JayDil

Mayybe... We’d like to leave some surprises for the previews of ‘The Ballad Of Gay Tony’ a little later this month. And you can always keep checking back to the blog and the official site for more revelations on the features of Episode 2 as we get closer to launch – and there will be many. Did that answer your question? Not really, but you can’t have everything, eh?

http://www.rockstarg...lad_of_gay_tony

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:43 AM

“PS3 PLEASE, dont forget that Grand Theft Auto originated on the Playstation system (PS1)” - anthonycr

That's funny I was always under the impression it originated on the PC tounge.gif my old memory must be getting the better of me. I see Rockstar got their Q&A up then and as per usual it answered pretty much "sod and all".

Well it may have been a useless Q&A but at least we got a new screen shot/Artwork whatever you want to call it. Oh and I naturally couldn't leave Rockstars site without putting a lil message on there for them tounge.gif

ChrisJP
  • ChrisJP

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Sep 5 2009, 02:43)

That's funny I was always under the impression it originated on the PC tounge.gif my old memory must be getting the better of me.

It did. Was out for about 8 months on the PC before a PS1 port was made.

Person who asked that question is an idiot who probably never played it when it came out. dozingoff.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:19 AM

Yeah I know it started on the PC, was just making a joke about how idiotic some people are. As a side note and just slightly off topic I hope Enjoii will forgive me :-

DO NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO Future89 and his comments, he is 100% WRONG about the "Episodes of Liberty City" disc working on the PC. I hope most of our PC members will have the good sense to realise the guy is spouting crap but just in case you have been warned.

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

I saw that. I honestly couldn't believe someone can be so stupid and deluded to think that. Oh well. I bet he complains to Rockstar about it afterwards ("Why won't this work on Vista, like you promised!?").

Carnage1120
  • Carnage1120

Misanthropic Wiseguy

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

I wish more questions would be asked.
I want to know if all 22 TLAD vehicles will make a return
All weapons in TLAD make a return
And if the Annihilator will keep the incendiary rounds

Insom
  • Insom

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:54 PM

Would have liked to have seen some better questions. We knew most of the answers already.

joe1606
  • joe1606

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

Great screenshot by the way . We notice that the colors are a bit different that GtaIV .

Tsar_Smirnoff
  • Tsar_Smirnoff

Daft Suburbanite

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

Damn! Look how high the rate of fire is coming from that chopper! Yacht off of south shore of Alderney looks like.

blowdro420
  • blowdro420

The F*ckin Metal

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Carnage1120 @ Sep 5 2009, 11:23)
I wish more questions would be asked.
I want to know if all 22 TLAD vehicles will make a return
All weapons in TLAD make a return
And if the Annihilator will keep the incendiary rounds

i don't know about anybody else, but i'll probably never fly the annihilator after seeing the buzzard.

EnchantedX360
  • EnchantedX360

You're welcome

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:27 PM Edited by EnchantedX360, 05 September 2009 - 05:29 PM.

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Sep 5 2009, 03:19)
Yeah I know it started on the PC, was just making a joke about how idiotic some people are.  As a side note and just slightly off topic I hope Enjoii will forgive me :-

DO NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO Future89 and his comments, he is 100% WRONG about the "Episodes of Liberty City" disc working on the PC.  I hope most of our PC members will have the good sense to realise the guy is spouting crap but just in case you have been warned.

I agree, he obviously needs the memo telling him there's no 360 emulator for Vista 64 bit ROFL!

One of my posts asks if there will be the ability to replay missions; Three Leaf Clover, Shifting Weight and whatever to come from TBoGT.

owl95
  • owl95

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

http://www.rockstarg...lad_of_gay_tony

Gotta love the PS3 question.

Edit: Really sorry about this. Enjoi already posted a thread on this. Go check his.

(Dammit, gotta stop posting news)

hugorohden
  • hugorohden

That girl's a genius! I think she's serious!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:31 PM

Fairly unnecessary to start a new thread for that...

I assume you are a PS3 user? Then you got some stuff coming up, and i envy you for that! smile.gif

owl95
  • owl95

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:34 PM Edited by owl95, 05 September 2009 - 05:38 PM.

I really know it's useless. Gotta check twice. confused.gif

No, I'm not a PS3 user. I just loved the PS3 question because GTA fans (most of them) on the PS3 forget they are getting an exclusive, and are hating Microsoft for paying millions to get TLaD and TBoGT exclusively for the 360.

Edit: BTW, can a mod lock or delete this thread?

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:40 PM

No I think its a valid thread to make. This is a subject that is plaguing the minds of many PS3 and PC users.

You gotta love Rockstar for their "we're not gonna answer your question, but in the meantime check out our other games! happy.gif "

Its understandable but at the same time kind of frustrating. Plus they said there are more announcements to come, as they said; it may not mean TBOGT coming to PS3, but atleast it keeps us thinking. The person who really needs to be asked about this is Dan Houser. It would have been cool if a GTAF member could contact him for us somehow.

owl95
  • owl95

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

The person who really needs to be asked about this is Dan Houser. It would have been cool if a GTAF member could contact him for us somehow.

That's going to be a bit hard. As far as I know, the Houser bros rarely do interviews or show anything to anyone.

hugorohden
  • hugorohden

That girl's a genius! I think she's serious!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (owl95 @ Sep 5 2009, 17:44)
The person who really needs to be asked about this is Dan Houser. It would have been cool if a GTAF member could contact him for us somehow.

That's going to be a bit hard. As far as I know, the Houser bros rarely do interviews or show anything to anyone.

That is one thing about them, that makes em' special!
I like the Houser's !

Insom
  • Insom

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:54 PM

The PS3 answer was basically: "No, you're not getting it. Here are the games you ARE getting".

EnchantedX360
  • EnchantedX360

You're welcome

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

69668 says:
Thanks for basically saying yes to the DLC, and confirming Agent for next year. I can't wait for more from you guys, and hopefully another "Stories" PSP game

I hope for his sake he doesn't go emo if/when it doesn't come.

spektrall
  • spektrall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:00 AM

It sucks that you PS3 guys can't have the DLCs as well, but do you think they'd have the same funding otherwise? I'd rather these games be 360 exclusives than have a lesser version of those games that can be played cross platform. PSP owners will get a much improved and expanded edition of Chinatown Wars over the DS version, and you guys get plenty of exclusives I'm jealous about as well like Uncharted, Infamous and Heavy Rain. Those games are also/will be better games than they would have been if they were had to be cross-platform.

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Insom @ Sep 5 2009, 17:54)
The PS3 answer was basically: "No, you're not getting it. Here are the games you ARE getting".

What did you expect them to say? ''Haha lolz, we were just messing around your getting it anywayz cuz we want your moneyz''...

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:33 AM

Ah I just love the fact they didn't say a single damn thing about the PC, still to be expected from Rockstar these days from Rockstar if it's got a keyboard they just stand there scratching their head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users