Photo

Aussie Xbox 360 Mag

55 replies to this topic
spektrall
  • spektrall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

We got a copy delivered at work today...has this leaked to the net yet? I don't have a scanner, just a digital camera, and yes I know we can't post scans here. There's not much point anyway, I think all the screenshots are the same as the ones that leaked yesterday. Too tired to type up the whole article, but here's what they had to say about the new weapons:

Gay Tony has a plethora of new weapons - here are some of our favourites.

STICKY BOMBS
For some premeditated destruction try sticking these to moving vehicles.

AA-12 This is the weapon we used to blast helicopters out of the sky.

P-90
This will remind long time gamers of the infamous RCP from Goldeneye.

M249
Put it this way - a single bullet strafe will cause vehicles to explode.

They only got to demo two missions, the train one and one that sounds a lot like the one my friend played way back when. It's a lot of typing, so I'll only post the in depth playthroughs of those missions if someone asks.

The new gun [P-90] fires an unprecedented amount of bullets, most of which are lodged into the flesh of the aforementioned goons as we head towards our target. Firing point blank at one of the corpses we noticed that the sheer force of the fire actually sends cadavers skidding across the floor. The power is absolutely mindblowing.

They didn't get to play with the tank, but say that "this turret is not for show."

They conclude

This is the Grand Theft Auto you asked for - the all-singing, all-dancing, all-exploding GTA that takes the solid foundations of LIberty City and reinvents it as a playground for the new toys Rockstar has given us.

If someone's posted this already then just delete this, I don't a lot of time for internet tonight so I haven't done a thorough check.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:52 AM Edited by Enjoii, 04 September 2009 - 09:57 AM.

Sounds brilliant. The P90 sounds like it packs some real firepower, and I'm very glad to see the Satchel Charges return.

Also, sounds very interesting that they used the AA12 to take out a chopper. Great to finally see the M249 too.

Gay Tony has a plethora of new weapons

I hope they aren't exaggerating too much.

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:10 AM Edited by Leo Colt, 04 September 2009 - 10:13 AM.

The M249? Sweet freaking YES!!

I assume that the turret remark means that it won't just be a water cannon? Any other interesting info on the other stuff?

Insom
  • Insom

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

This is the Grand Theft Auto you asked for - the all-singing, all-dancing, all-exploding GTA that takes the solid foundations of LIberty City and reinvents it as a playground for the new toys Rockstar has given us.

The reception of the game seems to be pretty good so far. This will probably be the definitive game out of the three.

spektrall
  • spektrall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Sep 4 2009, 09:52)
Also, sounds very interesting that they used the AA12 to take out a chopper. Great to finally see the M249 too.

Yeah, they said it took three or four direct hits to bring one down.

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Insom @ Sep 4 2009, 05:13)

The reception of the game seems to be pretty good so far. This will probably be the definitive game out of the three.

Dude, it's all just one game. I think of it more as the complete GTA IV being the definitive GTA experience up to this point, both gameplay wise and storywise.

SyntaxTR
  • SyntaxTR

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:42 AM

nice, does it say anything about the storyline? does it mention anything about the gomez brothers or wily valerio?

oh, and does it say if bahama mamas is the only new club? it's not clear if bahama mamas = maisonette 9.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (SyntaxTR @ Sep 4 2009, 11:42)
oh, and does it say if bahama mamas is the only new club? it's not clear if bahama mamas = maisonette 9.

They're different clubs, and they both seem to be open. We can see inside Bahama Mamas in the trailer, and we can see rooms with posters for Maisonette 9 in the trailer too.

spektrall
  • spektrall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:55 AM

nice, does it say anything about the storyline? does it mention anything about the gomez brothers or wily valerio?

None of the above, I'm afraid. They were pretty light on the storyline, because they were too busy gaying out over the weapons. The most detailed they got was this:

Our Gay Tony demo starts on a chopper. You are LL and you're straddling the open door of the helicopter, waiting to start your mission: a raid on the corporate offices of Liberty City's ice hockey team the Rampage. [lol] You'll have to fight through a platoon of goons, armed to the teeth, before eventually busting into the offices. But first you're going to have to sneak into the building quietly - which won't be easy. The only safe way in is via the roof, and access is strictly prohibited. Ultimately there's only one option open to you. You're going to have to parachute your way in.

The mission ends with you sending your target through the top floor window of the skyscraper, and then rather than fight the hordes of security, you simply jump out after him with your parachute.

blowdro420
  • blowdro420

The F*ckin Metal

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (spektrall @ Sep 4 2009, 10:55)

None of the above, I'm afraid. They were pretty light on the storyline, because they were too busy gaying out over the weapons. The most detailed they got was this:

Our Gay Tony demo starts on a chopper. You are LL and you're straddling the open door of the helicopter, waiting to start your mission: a raid on the corporate offices of Liberty City's ice hockey team the Rampage. [lol] You'll have to fight through a platoon of goons, armed to the teeth, before eventually busting into the offices. But first you're going to have to sneak into the building quietly - which won't be easy. The only safe way in is via the roof, and access is strictly prohibited. Ultimately there's only one option open to you. You're going to have to parachute your way in.

The mission ends with you sending your target through the top floor window of the skyscraper, and then rather than fight the hordes of security, you simply jump out after him with your parachute.

i wonder if by "go after him" they mean you just let the bastard fall to his death, then float away.

spektrall
  • spektrall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Oh, crap, some f*cker's hacked into my photobucket account and uploaded some pictures that could get me into some trouble. I tried to take them down but they changed the password!

Mod Note :- Don't link directly to scans of copyrighted material - cc

Can someone try to hack in and take them down? It would be a big help, thank you.

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

spektrall I am sorry your account got hacked wink.gif

Anyways man this game feels like its going to be loads of fun!!!

blowdro420
  • blowdro420

The F*ckin Metal

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:02 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 04 September 2009 - 01:58 PM.

QUOTE (spektrall @ Sep 4 2009, 12:50)
Oh, crap, some f*cker's hacked into my photobucket account and uploaded some pictures that could get me into some trouble. I tried to take them down but they changed the password!

Mod Note :- Don't link directly to scans of copyrighted material - cc

Can someone try to hack in and take them down? It would be a big help, thank you.

how would they hack in and put the pictures up on your account? unless both of you have the magazine with the pictures.
you won't get into trouble.
the only thing you'll get into trouble on here is posting a link to the scans.
i wonder what the name of that helo is with the rockets and the machine guns.
i can't tell what it says.

spektrall
  • spektrall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:04 PM Edited by spektrall, 04 September 2009 - 01:07 PM.

...what link?

ETA: It's called "The Buzzard"

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

Oh dear. The hackers mumbled something to suggest the parachute being able to be used at any time, and the APC acting pretty much like the Rhino. They also posted a hard to make out image of the new helicopter's (that fires missles) name, but I couldn't tell what it was other than that it starts with an "R."

blowdro420
  • blowdro420

The F*ckin Metal

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (spektrall @ Sep 4 2009, 13:04)
...what link?

ETA: It's called "The Buzzard"

buzzard. ahh i can see it now.
the link to your pictures on photobucket, duh.

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

According to the hacked picture from what i can read...

"Tanks for the memories. The tank is back and causing more destruction than ever in keeping with Gay Tonys committment to making this the biggest GTA yet. Rockstar has thrown in an old ....."

It goes on to mention shooting down a helicopter from the sky in the second paragraph.

This pretty much confirms that this is the Rhino.

spektrall
  • spektrall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

Well nothing happens when I click on it. Doesn't look very linkish to me.

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

I'd never have been able to have guessed that. confused.gif

At least everyone can stop calling it the Sparrow now.

blowdro420
  • blowdro420

The F*ckin Metal

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:12 PM

haha good point. it's just the url. nice loophole.

funny how one of the pictures says

"what is this?"
"i don't know how this got here."

SyntaxTR
  • SyntaxTR

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

what is the 2nd mission about? smile.gif does it say the name of the helicopter?

blowdro420
  • blowdro420

The F*ckin Metal

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

im guessing the yacht mission.
and its called the "buzzard" according to spektrall.

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

Where are those pics? Can someone PM me and show me a link please?

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

Does anybody have a link?

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

i just saw the photo of that magz on indonesian fansite forum biggrin.gif

Niko Bellend
  • Niko Bellend

Dubstep Raver

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

anyone got a link?

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Niko Bellend @ Sep 4 2009, 14:56)
anyone got a link?

an indonesian video game forum has uploaded the photos of it. already send it via pm biggrin.gif

smeagol
  • smeagol

Razmataz

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Sep 4 2009, 15:06)
anyone got a link?

an indonesian video game forum has uploaded the photos of it. already send it via pm biggrin.gif

Cant you just post the link in the forums? please?

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

anyone got a link?

Just post the link and not the pictures.

Niko Bellend
  • Niko Bellend

Dubstep Raver

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:17 PM

anyone got a link?

Cheers.

It also has a sub-title saying rags to riches. I can't read the smaller print, but do you think this time round we'l be better off?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users