Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (paultjuh @ Jan 26 2011, 16:32)
I have implemented it in my Savegame Editor. smile.gif

Paul has indeed smile.gif

So, if someone screws up and accidentally disables two-timing or decides they want to do two-timing on a late save only to find out they ruined it, now load Paul's editor and click a little checkbox, voila.

laezy
  • laezy

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hi guys, glad to see so much new discoveries, more reason for me to fire up and start the game for the fourth time. One thing which still lingers in my mind, is Michelle's She likes to drive dates. As many of you must have noticed when you go on a She likes to drive date with Michelle the car suffers no damage even after Michelle hits so many things during the course of the ride. So my doubts are:

a) Is the car proofed during Michelle's She likes to drive date?
b) If so is what is the kind of proofing and is there any way we can obtain it?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

I tried to find the exact code that prevents damage to the car while Michelle is driving during the She Drives date, but was quickly reminded how convoluted those damn girlfriend scripts are. From what I remember from a previous investigation, the car is not protected by the immunity codes that can be saved in a garage. If I remember correctly, there's a loop that checks for damage and clears any that occurs on the spot.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

What if she were to like, crash into a tank?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

I don't know. I can't get tanks to spawn during a She Drives date.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Right so I started a new game for a starter save before Green Sabre, and I realised i couldnt date denise before getting other GFs as that would disable two time dates. So I neglected her, I dont have any backup saves and after finally bothering to get Katie as a GF I went to date Denise and get Katies Romero and she dumped me. So I reloaded, the heart is still on the map. Am I screwed? Could I collect all 50 Oysters and will that pump up the progress?

Reason I want Denise is that it will make getting the GFs proofed vehicles early so much easier in LS than overseas, I only have to do it once overseas to get Denises.

Or is reloading an earlier save (Just did Doberman) the only option here?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:41 PM Edited by OrionSR, 29 September 2012 - 03:10 PM.

The oysters won't help with Denise or Millie, and it's not possible to re-meet these two girls. Without a method to edit memory or the save I'm afraid your only option is to load a previous save.

It is possible to date Denise early on without disabling the two-timing dates. You just need to end the date before the 7 second jealously delay timer runs out. The easiest way to do this is probably to take her to eat at the pizza place in Palomino Creek. When CJ exits the restaurant dash next door into the ammu-nation. This will end the date prematurely, but you will still get any progress from the date, gifts, or kisses.

Alternatively, if you've got gangs near Denise's house, the gym, or the Willowfield ammu-nation, then you could let Denise do her special Drive-By date. The date will be successful when her ammo runs out, and if you are close enough to one of these locations you can finish the date before the 7 second delay is over and keep the two-timing dates active. This works for driving dates as well once you've made enough progress.

BTW, when you end a date prematurely you can date the girlfriend again during the same day.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hmm so could I simply mix GAN2 with a gang and will she do her drive by date in that zone?

Also could I simply trigger the two time date every time and just go to the clucking bell, then make sure Katie rams my car as I go into the red marker? Only problem is you gotta reload but its 50/50 chance and her house isnt too far away.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Oh, well, sure. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of preserving Denise until SF was no longer restricted, but I should have figured you'd have some of the other girlfriends active.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

Its still helpful for those who want to play normally and not go overseas early I guess. Also I don't know if I can be bothered triggering the two time date every time and reloading, so will Denises special drive-by date work if I mix GAN2 (simply let the attack run out as it is usually attacked)? That way when she is out of ammo I am as close as I want to her place.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

Yes. It should work, although I haven't tested this directly.

Our lord Steve Jobs
  • Our lord Steve Jobs

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

"Disable" Two Timing? How?

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Sep 29 2012, 10:41)
It is possible to date Denise early on without disabling the two-timing dates. You just need to end the date before the 7 second jealously delay timer runs out. The easiest way to do this is probably to take her to eat at the pizza place in Palomino Creek. When CJ exits the restaurant dash next door into the ammu-nation. This will end the date prematurely, but you will still get any progress from the date, gifts, or kisses.

Alternatively, if you've got gangs near Denise's house, the gym, or the Willowfield ammu-nation, then you could let Denise do her special Drive-By date. The date will be successful when her ammo runs out, and if you are close enough to one of these locations you can finish the date before the 7 second delay is over and keep the two-timing dates active. This works for driving dates as well once you've made enough progress.

BTW, when you end a date prematurely you can date the girlfriend again during the same day.

I was successful with the pizza date in Palomino Creek but on a driving date, when the progress meter maxxed out, I was in front of the gym. She says "drive me home" - I bailed out of the car and into the gym, the progress meter increased inside the gym but when I saved it, the two-timing was disabled (according to Paul's editor). I did observe the date sphere was still present when I exited the gym so I can't figure what went wrong. Does this trick work with any interior? 24-seven store? go back into the pizza shop without her? Police station?

What you refer to as "out of bullets" is the phenomenon of the gun flashes but emits no sound? Or are you saying she's happy and is ready to go home?

As a general rule then, when done correctly should all driving dates keep two timing enabled as long as you bail out at 100 percent progress and enter a building within the 7 seconds?
Or - as long as the date likes pizza, on the food date use the Palomino Creek trick? I experimented and met Barbara, I had a Seasparrow and flew to Palomino Creek for the Pizza date and it worked.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

I would like to know if there is any tool/trainer or something where I can check if I have two-timing dates disabled? Thanks.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Both of the tools linked below will allow you to check the status of the two-timing dates.

GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.x by Paul Breeuwsma: http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

This tool has a handy checkbox on the General tab to enable or disable the jealous girlfriends. IIRC, if the option is gray then the two-timing dates are enabled but the jealousy date was interrupted by entering the home sphere. So this value is a bit out of whack, but as it should be if you are collecting their vehicles.

GTA:SA Save Game Editor v1.0 by Ryosuke: http://gtasamod.web....sase/index.html

You can check the values of any global variable on the Script tab of the Japanese editor. This editor has some strange effects (always turns on the cheat flag, unexpected clothing changes, and who knows what else) so I don't trust it for editing my saves, but it is an extremely good viewer of save file data.

$1236 = 0; two-timing dates enabled
$1236 = -1; two-timing dates disabled
$1236 > 0; two-timing dates enabled but script was interupted

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:13 PM Edited by 0909090, 23 October 2012 - 03:59 PM.

Thanks Orion, I'll try it wink.gif
If I use one of these editors to modify my save to enable two-timing dates are there any glitches which I should be aware of? Because I would do this only if I lost some of my earlier saves (with two-timing enables- I save often on different slots, so if I accidentaly disable two timing I can go back to my last save).

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 15:43)
I was successful with the pizza date in Palomino Creek but on a driving date, when the progress meter maxxed out, I was in front of the gym. She says "drive me home" - I bailed out of the car and into the gym, the progress meter increased inside the gym but when I saved it, the two-timing was disabled (according to Paul's editor). I did observe the date sphere was still present when I exited the gym so I can't figure what went wrong. Does this trick work with any interior? 24-seven store? go back into the pizza shop without her? Police station?

What you refer to as "out of bullets" is the phenomenon of the gun flashes but emits no sound? Or are you saying she's happy and is ready to go home?

As a general rule then, when done correctly should all driving dates keep two timing enabled as long as you bail out at 100 percent progress and enter a building within the 7 seconds?
Or - as long as the date likes pizza, on the food date use the Palomino Creek trick? I experimented and met Barbara, I had a Seasparrow and flew to Palomino Creek for the Pizza date and it worked.

Orion since you are the king of kings in this thing - any comments of use on my post?

Regarding the grayed out status in the editor, could this not have been fixed yesterday? : ^

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

@0909090. As of yesterday's release of version 3.1.3 (which fixed some rare glitches with the traffic fix) there are no known glitches associated with Paul's Savegame Editor. As a mentioned before, I don't trust the Japanese editor for editing saves; I use it as a viewer only. BTW, the two-timing variables can also be controlled with a hex editor or cleo, but that requires a difference skill set.

Regarding the grayed out status in the editor, I'm not sure this needs to be fixed. It seems to be working as intended. The programming challenge is how to deal with a check box option that can set -1 or 0, but the current value is greater than 0 and the player may want to leave it that way. At one point I was disappointed when I couldn't disable the two-timing dates with the savegame editor for a test I was running because the option was disabled. I guess I'd prefer to be able to uncheck the option and have the text un-grayed and then be able to check or uncheck it normally. I have a vague memory of something different happening when the two-timing flag is greater than 0, but now I don't remember what it was.

Denise only gets so many bullets (45 maybe, not much). When she runs out during a drive-by date she is happy and ready to go home. Also, she will shoot but can't hurt anything. The flash with no sound sounds right; it's been a long time since I've made my observations.

QUOTE (see link below)
Failing to reach the destination usually results in a loss of 1% progress, but this is easily counteracted by a gift. This is useful for skipping the dancing dates which take a long time to complete and are often far away. However, the race tournaments result in a 5% loss of progress if the destination/goal was not reached.

Gyms are not the only location that can be used to exploit this glitch. I've been experimenting with other methods because the gyms are not always easy to access. The closest exploit to each girlfriend is listed below, followed by a list of locations that can be used to complete the date without preventing more dates on the same day.

Denise - LS Gym
Michelle - Valet
Helena - Trucking
Barbara - Ammu-nation
Katie - Valet
Millie - LV Gym

Locations for exploiting the dating glitch:

Story Missions
LS, SF, and LV Gyms
BMX, Chiliad, and NRG-500 Challenges
Roboi's Food Mart, Hippy Shopper, and Burger Shot Courier assets
LS, SF, LV, and Airport Race Tournaments
8-Track, Blood Bowl, Dirt Track, and Kickstart Stadium Events
Trucking and Valet Assets
Beefy Baron (inside of Zero's shop)
Ammu-nations with Shooting Range (not Willowfield)
Low-Rider Meet
Triathlons

This trick was originally reported by zmoonchild in the topic linked below.
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1059569808

I don't know why your driving date didn't work with Denise. It sounds like you did everything right. I thought I tested this trick, but it's been a long time. If you continue to have problems I'll try to look into it further.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

I have tried multiple times with the glitch for Denise - where she runs out of ammo or is happy after a driving date, in either case, she asks to be brought home. I time it so that I am in front of the gym when the date is completed. When I enter the gym, the progress increases 6 percent (flowers before actual date) but when I save the two-timing is disabled.. I also tried it with the Willowfield ammunation but had an interesting result - the progress did not increase and she was outside waiting for me when I exited. After seeing your link I understand why, no shooting range. The pizza restaurant/ammunation trick in Palomino creek did work as promised though.

Back to your original idea though of having a successful date but not disabling two timing - does the above zoom exploit supposedly work on all of them so long as you're within the 7-seconds? I could take Katie Barbara or Michelle to Palomino Creek pizza stack but if there's a shorter way such as driving dates and ending at the abovementioned places??

Side note: Regardless of progress, the locked items remain locked. You can be at 100 percent and not have the suit or unlocked vehicle. The first successful date that ends in coffee though does unlock those items. I guess this is not a big deal though as the purpose of it is to keep the girlfriends while attaining their proofed vehicles.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Well, I can confirm your observations that quickly entering the gym after a Drive-by or Driving date with Denise does not prevent the two-timing dates from being disabled. I'm not sure why, but I guess it doesn't matter since there's nothing we can do about it. Just to be sure that proper timing wasn't the issue I widened the gym's door entrance with a 32 meter radius so all I had to do was get CJ out of the car in the general area of the gym. It didn't help. CJ could be safely inside the gym and the warning message I had rigged to display would still pop up that two-timing dates were disabled.

I had slightly better but inconsistent results when entering Denise's home sphere. Sometimes I could decline coffee (didn't try accepting) after a driving date and get out of the cut-scene with the two-timing dates preserved, but usually they got disabled. I didn't have any luck with drive-by dates and the home sphere but I didn't try that many times. I think the drive-by+driving dates are confusing things further.

I don't see how a Palomino date would be of any benefit to anyone other than Denise since she is the only one that likes fastfood joints. I can't think of any Bars, Diners, or Restaurants that are close enough to an ammu-nation or other location that will cancel the date.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, Oct 26 2012, 13:04)
I don't see how a Palomino date would be of any benefit to anyone other than Denise since she is the only one that likes fastfood joints. I can't think of any Bars, Diners, or Restaurants that are close enough to an ammu-nation or other location that will cancel the date.

Thanks for looking into the issue and confirming what I had observed.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Michelle likes bar-dates but you're saying she does not for fast food? We know Denise likes bars so I figured they'd be the same. If she does like fast food, obviously you could get in a fast chopper such as a Seasparrow, fly her to Palomino Creek like Denise then go into ammunation afterwards.

I know you could just use the she drives dates to keep two-timing active, but does accepting coffee afterwards disable it?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

$377($GIRLFRIEND,6i) bit 1 // likes Fast Food (Denise)
$377($GIRLFRIEND,6i) bit 2 // likes Diners (Barbara, Katie)
$377($GIRLFRIEND,6i) bit 3 // likes Bar Food (Denise, Michelle, Millie)
$377($GIRLFRIEND,6i) bit 4 // unused
$377($GIRLFRIEND,6i) bit 5 // likes Restaurants (Helena, Millie)

This information is from the Girlfriend Globals/Bitmasks topic. It contains all the details for the settings of the girlfriends. So if you need to know which areas the girls will like driving in, or forget which girlfriends give +1 for kisses, you should be able to find the information you need.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

I found a "glitch" in my save, where I'm trying to collect as many special vehicles as I can, I just finished Burning Desire, then I got some EP/FP vehicles from Gray Imports(but thats not relevant), so I saved game and Denise first time called that she wants date. So I reloaded game in hope that I can quickly start mission and not get that call, but after I reloaded as I was leaving Johnson's house, progress with Denise increased mercie_blink.gif . Now it's 13%, and she appears in stats too. The problem is that these editors are not really working for me, well that japanise editor works, but it shows that $1236 = 0,000000x77 or something, I'll look onto it now, then I'll edit it. I don't know if I have jealous girlfriends disabled. If someone is wiling to take a little time to test my save, I would be glad. Here is my save http://gtasnp.com/download/34060.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:42 PM Edited by OrionSR, 31 October 2012 - 05:45 PM.

The Jealousy Dates are enabled on that Doberman save. I think what you are reading is $1236 = 0x00000000, which is the hexadecimal (Hex) format. Click the Integer (Int) radio button if you prefer to see the more familiar decimal format. Hex is a pretty useful format for programmers; it's a lot easier to understand how the computer is using some types of numbers. "0x" is used to denote that the number is in hex format. Use the floating point format (Float) for numbers that contain a decimal portion.

Floating Point example: $1524 is the start of an array that records the coordinates for the property locations.

$1524 = -990500700 (Int) is gibberish to me.
$1524 = 0xC4F628A4 (Hex) I know from experience that this looks like a negative floating point number
$1524 = -1969.270020 (Float) a number I can enter into a teleporter or mapping tool.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Thanks Orion for clearing that thing up. I just don't understand that sudden increase in Denise progress, but I think that those girlfriends are a bit glitchy- I had similiar situation quite few times before.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot about the glitch part of your comment. And yeah, the girlfriend scripts are really screwy. I think what happened was: Her progress stat was at 0, so she wasn't on the stats page. Her progress global variable was at 15%, I think from the beginning, possibly from Burning Desire. When the call was missed, probably because you were in a vehicle, you lost 2% progress on the global. The scripts calculated there was a change in global progress and updated the stats, which reported an increase from 0 to 13%.

Assuming you already have Java installed, did you try the Jarfix tool suggested on the homepage for the Savegame Editor v3.1.3?
http://www.paulinternet.nl/?page=sa

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:25 PM Edited by 0909090, 31 October 2012 - 06:27 PM.

I'm thinking of doing that oyster glitch, so progress with Girlfriends will jump to 40%, but I don't know if it is wise to acquire girlfriends now, I'll be doing bunch of stuff in SF and LV, so I don't want to lose progress, I'll probably start collecting these vehicles after LV is unlocked. And about that editor I got this error user posted image
Here is link, if it is not readable : http://imgur.com/0a2mJ

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I have an outside question. Are there any BP/FP/EP/DP Elegants in mission Management Issues. I saw there are some points that Pursuers Elegants are BP/FP/EP/DP while they are pursuing and don't get out from cars. But once they get out from cars, Elegants become normal. Is this true?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Sucha let's keep on topic this is topic about jealous girlfriends....well maybe I went a little off topic with my posts too confused.gif From what I know they are unobtainable. Only "rare" thing on them are rare license plate, but its useless, since garages will change it anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users