Proofed Cars from Jealous Girlfriends

229 replies to this topic
Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Feb 15 2010, 21:22)
[forum rules say it is ok to 'bump' a topic when you have something substantial to add.]

I hear ya, and the fact that we're approaching a guide deadline, I wanted something clarified, which I am not sure if it was or not.
I am assuming that taking Denise home on the mission Burning Desire, accepting coffee has no bearing on whether jealous GFs gets disabled, and I thought for sure OrionSR said it appears that collecting all oysters doesn't disable it either (??)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

During my tests, coffee or no coffee never had any influence on the jealous girlfriends.

I haven't tested Burning Desire for jealous girlfriends because I don't believe it would make a difference. Otherwise the jealous girlfriends would never kick in.

Collecting none, some, or all oysters doesn't appear to have any influence on jealous girlfriends.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Feb 17 2010, 15:53)
I haven't tested Burning Desire for jealous girlfriends because I don't believe it would make a difference. Otherwise the jealous girlfriends would never kick in.

Thanks, just making sure I'm not overlooking something. If there was the chance when you started testing that you hadn't collected all oysters and therefore never had the coffee invite. I know she's not officially a GF until after coffee/goodbye anyway.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:03 AM

Did I miss something? Should Denise invite CJ right after Burning Desire??
I, for sure, collected all oysteres, and she did not invited CJ. Quite sure of that.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Feb 18 2010, 05:03)
Did I miss something? Should Denise invite CJ right after Burning Desire??
I, for sure, collected all oysteres, and she did not invited CJ. Quite sure of that.

Apparently someone did. I certainly do remember coffee but whether CJ was invited or not, I forget.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

This is only my findings, not to dispute anything anyone else has found or proved. Just what I have seen.
I have been playing around with jealous girlfriends since this topic was first posted and I read it, mostly in the Chain Game. I have also played around with them in my own master save.

Test parameters:
1. All oysters collected.
2. More than 1 girlfriend.
3. Only Los Santos unlocked.

OK, I just did tests with Denise and Burning Desire. She does not invite CJ for coffee when he takes her home after he saves her from the fire. However, If its after 1600 you can pick her right back up for a date as soon as the Mission Passed is displayed. She will invite you for coffee after that date.

Some observations:
As OrionSR says, you can kill Katie, Michelle, Barbara, and Helena; any or all of them. I have killed each of them, then reacquired each one. They can be picked back up at the same place you first found them. But, a jealous girlfriend must show up before you kill them or its just a regular date and will disable the jealous girlfriends for the rest of the game. This is one of the ways OrionSR has stated will disable jealous girlfriends. A regular date where no jealous girlfriend shows up. This helps to selectively choose what girl will show up as he has also stated.

At one point Barbara was a gf, but I never talked to her. As I approached her the sign popped up Barbara is now your gf.... She was listed in achievement stats as 15%, but she was not listed in player stats. She never showed up at all during the times I was trying to collect proofed gf vehicles. I went back to her location and she was in the original place with a blue arrow over top of her. I had to talk to her and pick her up again. She then showed up in player stats - Current number of girlfriends / number of girls dated. She was still listed at 15% in achievement stats.

I have also noticed that some or all of the girls will sometimes exit there vehicle to chase you if you bump there ride or if they wreck into someone. I have also followed them and they have parked and exited the vehicle. This is after the proofing was applied by the exchange of words at the dated gf home sphere.

Once the proofing is applied I don't think you can kill any of them. I tried to kill several of them with no luck. After following a few of them and they exit the vehicle I tried to run them over or blow them away and it was futile, they just get up and walk away.

Again, it is not my intention to contradict or disprove anyone's finding. This is only what I have experienced in my dealings with jealous girlfriends.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:35 AM

OrionSR or anyone that has extensively worked with this, for purposes of a guide update does my explanation here seem sound?:

After Burning Desire don't date Denise, actually because of garage space I wouldn't even get the new Girlfriends until opening up LV because of all the cars you can acquire and limited space available. Because Millie's car is also redundant, don't wait til her strand either. Because you're out of Denise's sphere, she won't call you for a date and you won't lose progress on her while you're away.
So, once LV is open, get all the other Girlfriends.
Choose a location, in my example, it will be Denise's home. As you date her and get the other cars, waste the other girlfriends. Because of the probability of two-timing triggering, then the game randomly selecting which girl shows up, you could seriously be reloading non-stop because Barbara keeps showing up. So, by wasting her after you have her Rancher, she no longer shows up but the game will select a different girl. Once you have the 2nd to the last vehicle, don't waste that girl but rather date her next so as to get Denise's Hustler.
Anyone that wants to date the girls of course can re-meet the girls once all the vehicles are acquired.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (DREVIL919 @ Feb 27 2010, 05:52)
OK, I just did tests with Denise and Burning Desire. She does not invite CJ for coffee when he takes her home after he saves her from the fire. However, If its after 1600 you can pick her right back up for a date as soon as the Mission Passed is displayed. She will invite you for coffee after that date.

Good stuff..
I did check it again, she doesn't actually "invite" CJ to coffee but the coffee scene does trigger. Since she doesn't actually become your GF untl AFTER this scene it ovviously doesn't disable two-timing.

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

I'm very late to the party, but by god. This is sheer insanity. I love it. Maybe this will indeed be the reason for me to update my guide after a long while! I don't really understand the requirements for not disabling the dates, though. Do you basically have to not go on any dates - ever - except for Michelle drives dates and gimp suit dates? Or is there something I'm missing?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

Welcome back!

QUOTE (System Error @ Mar 12 2010, 16:23)
Do you basically have to not go on any dates - ever - except for Michelle drives dates and gimp suit dates? Or is there something I'm missing?

You've got the basic idea, but it's a bit more complicated. I guess I'll try another explanation.

There are three ways to avoid disabling the two-timing dates.

1) Seven seconds into the return home phase of the date a jealous girlfriend is spawned and she is not evaded. The options here are to get caught and lose progress with both girls, or to take the dated girl home without getting too far away (IIRC - 200 units) from the jealous girl, which will result in normal progress with the dated girl and no change in the progress of the jealous girl. Exploiting this exception allows for collecting the proofed vehicles or making progress with the girlfriends.

2) Keep the two-timing scripts inactive. Or in other words: Don't let the 7 second timer expire. There are lots of options here. She Drives and Gimp Suit dates end without a return-home phase. Killing a girlfriend or starting a mission during the go-to-destination phase ends the date before the two-timing evaluations occur. It is possible to end a Driving or Drive-By date close enough to the home sphere or "Dating Reset" locations like Ammu-nations or Gyms (see Dating Glitch) that the 7 second timer doesn't expire and the two-timing evaluations do not occur.

3) Do not go on any dates - ever.

Hmm... I haven't tried it, but it might be possible to go on a Dancing Date at the SF Disco and then dash quickly to the Ammu-nation for a dating reset. I suppose the same thing would apply for a Drinking Date at the SF Disco, or maybe even exploit Misty's to SF Gym. Not terribly practical ideas, but as I mentioned - it's complicated and there lots of exceptions if you know what to look for. Which makes it pretty much impossible for me to provide a clear and concise explanation. Sorry.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (System Error @ Mar 13 2010, 00:23)
I'm very late to the party, but by god. This is sheer insanity. I love it. Maybe this will indeed be the reason for me to update my guide after a long while! I don't really understand the requirements for not disabling the dates, though. Do you basically have to not go on any dates - ever - except for Michelle drives dates and gimp suit dates? Or is there something I'm missing?

Well am I glad that you're still around after all. You must've slept that's why you missed the party wink.gif

Hope to see the update soon.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

After a long while, System Error, I thought you was really, dead...

It was a sole reason for me and Krawk why we updated your Faq, considering that
you've left a few years ago.. We've all been correcting ourselves, doing new additions,
just for your incredible bullet-proof Faq.

I hope you just keep going on... If you ever leave the place for a year, we can update
it, to continue your nice career...

icon14.gif System Error icon14.gif

Regards,
Diego Mendez

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

Oh, what a happy couple days it has been around here! wow.gif

These rides are totally cream of the crop, for sure!

Nice to see you back, System Error. wink.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:42 AM

Cool to see this topic is still going. I might go back to work on getting that Rustler on my master save, i know its possible!

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

So that's why I never got caught by another girlfriend... it must be disabled in my game, so I can't get the CP vehicles.

Although earlier in the topic, someone mentioned the cars being proofed during the coffee scene. What if you used the blow up all cars cheat during the scene, then pushed the car to a garage after-wards? Doesn't that cheat usually keep proofings intact?

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

Mincemate, blow up all cars during the coffee scene does nothing.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:06 PM

Okay then. I figured it was worth mentioning.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

Additional Contribution to the topic -

I am redoing a master save file and have now opened up the countryside/access to SF. Now that I am out of Denise's "Sphere" I am no longer concerned about losing progress with her. After Burning Desire not once did I date Denise and not once did she call to make a date so I have lost no progress with her. My fear was that I would have to venture into 4-star territory to get additional GFs because in my past game she would call CJ quite regularly to go on dates and if he failed to show up the progress would go down, or, if CJ was in a car and couldn't take the call the progress would simply go down. Apparently if you don't date her the calls don't start and you can safely wait until the next chapter or beyond. It is my plan (due to garage space) to wait until all LV garages are purchased before getting all the girlfriends and trying my hand at two-timing. You could theoretically wait until the Millie strand if you wanted to but since her car is repetitive I see little reason to do so. If you have the "Things to Do in SA" mod installed I suppose you could wait as supposedly this fixes her glitch and she shows up in her Club car instead of a Feltzer.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:04 AM

Hi all,
I have been playing around with jealous girlfriends in the Chain Game again. I think I found something of interest that I haven't read before. Maybe its already known, but I don't know.
Anyway, during my turns I try to get the all proof girlfriend vehicles. But putting them in garages that already have cars/bikes in them is difficult. Not wanting to move someones vehicle from a garage I tried something else.
OK, I towed all three available vehicles (Romero, Police Rancher and Monster) down to the same spot we use to dunk the Rancher in "Lure".(As per System Error) Down the flood control canal by CJ's house to the ocean at Ocean Docks. Back the girlfriend up until she gets out and drowns. You don't have to go all the way to the edge. Pull out of the water and bingo.. All proofed vehicle. This worked on the Romero and Police Rancher, but not on the Monster. I backed the Monster up until the back wheels were over the edge and nothing. So, I backed up more till the front wheels were off the edge and still nothing. I think those big tires keep it up. I was able to pull back out of the water with the truck still in tow. Go to a garage and save it.
This also worked for the Romero and Police Rancher in the pool at Glen Park. I tried it many times with both vehicles at both spots and had success on all tries. Once even with a flat tire on the tow truck.
Oh, I also have managed to get all three vehicles back to Los Santos in my master save. Using the un drowning point along the highway back from Angel Pine.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:30 AM

So... what do you mean by "Bingo?" My first thought was that it would be easier to park the car if a girlfriend wasn't trying to drive off the hook, but now that I think of it, I suspect the vehicle would be drivable once they get out since the car was never locked, just unjackable.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:24 AM Edited by Krawk, 24 September 2010 - 05:34 AM.

OrionSR - Can Two-Timing be turned back on with an editor or script? Could it be something added to hmvarak's online tool and Paul's editor?

Also worthy of mention, Gimp Dates work on Helena as well, no modification of the game is required, I would therefore assume that this does not kill two-timing because it's a gimp date?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:04 AM Edited by OrionSR, 24 September 2010 - 08:13 AM.

Yes, re-enabling the Two-Timing Dates with a CLEO script, AR-Max code, or savegame editor (if Paul provides an update) is a relatively easy process. I posted some notes on re-enabling the two-timing dates on PS2 in the post linked below.
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1059531776

As noted in the post, the AR-Max codes need a bit of work. They should first check if global $1236 ($1240 on PS2v2) is equal to -1, and if it is, then set it to 0. Otherwise the code will stop the dates from working correctly until it is stopped. For CLEO, something like this untested code should get the job done.

CODE
// re-enables two-timing dates

{$CLEO}
0000:

while true
 wait 1000
 if
   $1236 == -1
 then
   $1236 = 0
 end
end

I tried to start a gimp suit date (PC v1 save converted to run on v2 scripts) with Helena but it didn't work - a random date would start, but it never went straight to the kinky-coffee cut-scene. Perhaps there is a glitch in your save. However, the gimp suit date with any girlfriend with this option enabled should not disable two-timing dates.

Enabling the gimp suit or she drives dates for the other girlfriends isn't too difficult using CLEO. It's a bit more problematic using AR-Max codes because they flags are single bits buried in a 4 byte global, and bytes are the smallest unit written by AR-Max. Paul could handle the bits, he managed it with the ped acquaintances, but a girlfriend editor would be a pretty major upgrade. Someone would probably need to provide some incentive.

Added: hmvartak could also make any of these changes. However, his tool it geared more towards repairing glitches, and this doesn't exactly fit in that category. The scripts appear to be working as intended. We may not be happy that the two-timing dates are disabled, but there is nothing to suggest that anything is broken.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:13 AM Edited by Krawk, 01 October 2010 - 08:17 AM.

Thanks OrionSR - I figured with the testing you had done and your use of CLEO you would have nipped this one issue early on.

What is preferred, Cleo3 or 4?

paultjuh
  • paultjuh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:50 PM Edited by paultjuh, 27 October 2010 - 03:56 PM.

I would like to implement enabling/disabling two-timing dates in my savegame editor as a checkbox.
I wonder how I exactly should implement this.

OrionSR said:
They should first check if global $1236 ($1240 on PS2v2) is equal to -1, and if it is, then set it to 0. Otherwise the code will stop the dates from working correctly until it is stopped.

Does this mean:
- The checkbox must be checked if $1236 = 0
- The checkbox must be enabled if $1236 = 0 or $1236 = -1
- When checking it, $1236 must be set to 0
- When unchecking it, $1236 must be set to -1

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

It depends mostly on how you phrase the checkbox dialog.

[_] Disable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 > -1)
[X] Disable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 = -1)

Or

[_] Enable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 = -1)
[X] Enable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 = 0)

I think the first option makes more sense.

It is possible that $1236 might be greater than 0. This happens when the two-timing date is interrupted by ending the date by entering the home sphere while the jealous girl is still in pursuit - the condition most common for people collecting the proofed vehicles.

So maybe some sort of tri-state option; neutral/on/off
[_] Disable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 > -1, don't change)
[_] Disable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 = 0)

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Oct 27 2010, 22:27)
It depends mostly on how you phrase the checkbox dialog.

[_] Disable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 > -1)

Or

I

You even confused me on this one, both phrases are contradicting themselves here...

In a nutshell, $1236 = -1 Two Timing is Disabled,
$1236=0 (or as you put it, >-1) Two Timing is Enabled?

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:23 AM Edited by Krawk, 29 October 2010 - 03:28 AM.

Here's how I would look at it from an editor standpoint, much like checking to see if CJ is Fireproof or if Taxis have Nitro, etc, OrionSR please tell me if I'm wrong;

[X] Enable Two-Timing Dates

For your checking routine when the editor first loads and examines the save, If $1236 = -1 then this checkbox is not checked, if $1236 >-1 then this box is checked.
If you check this box from its unchecked state, your editor would set it to zero, if you choose to uncheck this check box from a checked state you then set it to -1

paultjuh
  • paultjuh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

Thanks OrionSR. Your post is indeed contradicting, but I understand it.

[_] Disable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 > 0, checkbox disabled, value won't change)
[_] Disable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 = 0)

Or equivalently:

[X] Enable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 > 0, checkbox disabled, value won't change)

Which of the two I'll use is not really important, but I'll go with the second since Krawk is my sponsor.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:48 AM

I keep checking for the contradiction but can't find it. However, it looks like everyone else understands correctly so I guess I won't worry about it.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Oct 29 2010, 20:48)
1) [_] Disable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 > -1, don't change)
2) [X] Disable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 = -1)
3) [_] Disable Two-Timing Dates ($1236 = 0)

I think the confusion is how the post may be worded, we know that disabling Two-Timing can not possibly mean all 3 things.
The way I am Reading it, the post is written that disable two timing has 3 possibilities, you obviously researched and know it only means one thing.
1) Disable Two-Timing $1236>-1 (NOT CORRECT)
2) Disable Two Timing $1236=-1 (YES, CORRECT)
3) Disable Two-Timing $1236=0 (NOT CORRECT)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users