» «
Photo

Proofed Cars from Jealous Girlfriends

229 replies to this topic
HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:02 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 28 December 2009 - 09:09 AM.

I get what you are saying. Sure, those wiould be great to have in your impound garage early for when you are in need of them, but I still haven't gotten around to it.

We will just have to wait and see on the GFs stats currently they are between 15%-8% and believe me, I do want them to come up.

I have 4 almosts on the Police Rancher in the last day. sad.gif

And many more that wouldn't come close. confused.gif

Perhaps, tomorrow will run better after some sleep.

Edit: Damn those road blocks! angry.gif

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

How is it possible to trigger a jealous girlfriend in a locked city when I immediately fail the date for having wanted levels? I'm on PS2 v1.0.

I must've missed out the information somewhere on this thread but, is there a certain percentage of achievement with a gf to be able to trigger a Two-timing date?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:28 AM

You need to immediately start moving once the girl is in/on the vehicle. Hold the accelerator/brake while CJ is frozen and you should have enough time to get out of the home sphere before the end-date scene kicks in.

And yeah, the whole thing is a bit confusing. Keep at it, you'll eventually get all the pieces of the puzzle worked out.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

As far as I can tell the gf won't even finish getting in the vehicle when the scene would immediately end in a failed date. There's even an overlap of the suggested activity message on the scene where the gf has just dumped you.

Could be a version thing.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:08 PM

I'm fairly certain both HolyGrenadeFrenzy and Jack Reacher are playing PS2 v1. It should work. You might need to find a way to get her in the car faster. Park with the passenger door near her house door, but not so close that you block the exit so she spawns someplace else. Sometimes it helps to bash off the passenger door, but this shouldn't be necessary unless you are trying to get the She Drives dates working with Michelle when she's over 30% progress.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:28 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 28 December 2009 - 05:42 PM.

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Dec 28 2009, 08:27)
As far as I can tell the gf won't even finish getting in the vehicle when the scene would immediately end in a failed date. There's even an overlap of the suggested activity message on the scene where the gf has just dumped you.

OrionSR is correct about us. v1 PS2. monocle.gif

If you have roadbock near you then forget it.....the "lady" will bail immidiately.

Press reverse on the gas before she gets in and while she is gabbing about the date you have just enough time to get out of the marker. She will of course want to go home right away but that is the beginning of the seven second interval that brings the jealous GF into the picture.

The timing is really tight, to be honest.

When the jealous GF does show then you have to time getting back into the marker just about perfect to have the date end and then the jealous gf be close enough to get the proof on the her vehicle and then you still have to hook up the tow truck and get out of there.

Not an easy vehicle to obtain.

Tip: Visit the Pay N Spray closest to the GF before you go to the marker, as well. The chicks are still picky about the condition of your ride.

Those oysters must do something right, if I can get them into the car at all.

Yes, we must be insane. A four star terrible date/jealous girlfriend date to attempt to acquire a proof ride. Talk about running up the walls. You definately hone some skills to new margins with this entire process. icon14.gif

-------------

If the trouble is with getting the girl to stay in the ride and not bail then consider your vehicle position in the marker. I find that this actually makes a difference and getting out of the marker position should be something you fiddle with as well as your initial entrance into the marker.

This is quite tricky, man.

Having all the oysters didn't even give me the raise I expected, either.

If you have any successful dates with the GFs with the exceptions that are noted by Orion then all bets are off and it shuts down your ablity to get the dates which is a drag.

My first GF Jealous date was probrably into twelve or fifteen attempts. blush.gif

------------

EDIT: Near MegaBotch Report.

Last night was really close for me, I was so tired that I decided to quit for the night right after starting a reload. I hit the button to shut off the PS2 while in the load screen and the fear hits me.........I turn the game back on and check to see if I just dumped my entire bank of saves.......Everything was still there.....Man, not cool, that was way too close. moto_whistle.gif

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:37 PM Edited by pomor, 28 December 2009 - 06:50 PM.

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Dec 28 2009, 14:27)

Try to turn ON the frame limiter. (Assuming that PS2 do have such)
I have found almost impossible to get out of the marker with girlfriend still in the car if the thing was turned off.

QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 28 2009, 18:28)
Yes, we must be insane. A four star terrible date/jelaous girlfriend date to acquire a proof ride.

Yes, the same thought has come to me more then once colgate.gif
I cursed my newest obsession, then dug into another try moto_whistle.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:37 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 29 December 2009 - 01:52 AM.

Well, I am out of DVDs to burn!

So, the vid is going to be a miss for now but I will keep a pevious save for redoing this capture.

Which Capture?

Barbara's Police Rancher BP/EP/FP/DP as matter of fact....more difficult this time but it got done and then I am killed. Do I appear back at home? NO, I appear at Katie's place with no armor surrounded by police.

Knock down drag out run for my life. I get out and go for using the undrowning method for getting home and it is still a hard pressed run...finally dying close to LS and popping out there at General Hospital.

But there was something else that happened along the way.

A small concern has crept up as the rating with Barbara has vanished right along with recieving a "bonus" gain with her, while undrowned and attempting to evade the police, near the undrown point south of Back O Beyond just near the gulf between LS and the country side area near our favorite NRA Lawyer GF.

But, I couldn't not save after all that work.... sad.gif

After going to her place and seeing,"Your girlfriend is not home right now. Come back later.", I am hopeful yet am still perplexed to as why she is removed altogether from my stats. dontgetit.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy schedules a fresh DVD run.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:32 PM

Ok, tips and advices well noted. Thanks guys. As of recently I'm still unsuccessful in triggering the jealous gf. I have 100% with Denise, 11% with Michelle and 13% with Katie and I'm still in LS.

Oh yea, now I remember that I did manage to get Michelle to board my car even under a 4 four star wanted level during an earlier attempt but I was unable to trigger the jealous gf thing until I was decimated. It's Katie who'll always fail to get in my car every time.

Next for me is to master the undrowning technique, which actually made me wonder, how did anyone figure out this existed? I bet this is another of Orion_SR's legendary discovery smile.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:34 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 31 December 2009 - 04:24 AM.

For my well respected friend, GTA_Loco

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Dec 14 2009, 01:07)
Two-Timing dates will be permanently disabled when CJ goes on a date that is not a Gimp Suit or She Drives date and leaves or fails to reach the destination (Food or Dancing), or completes or fails the goal (Driving, Drive-By):
  • if only one girlfriend is active
  • if a jealous girlfriend does not appear
  • if the jealous girlfriend is evaded
I'm still getting questions on this in PM so I guess I'll try again.

The short list are the activities that don't disable the Two-Timing dates. I've tested 3 types of dates that avoid disabling the jealous girlfriends by ending the date before the 7 second timer expires during the "return home" phase of the date.

1) Gimp Suit dates (usually with Millie): The date goes straight to a coffee scene; there is no "return home" phase.
2) She Drives dates (usually with Michelle): Michelle returns home when she is satisfied.
3) Dates that fail instantly due to a high wanted level. (The idea here was to unlock the fast food joints early on an In the beginning save.)

Oh, wait... I forgot one.

4) Killing a girlfriend during the "go to the destination" phase doesn't disable the two-timing dates. I found this useful for limiting which girl might show up with a proofed car. The oysters allow Katie, Barbara, Helena, and Michelle to be re-met.

I suspect there are other methods to finish a date within the 7 second time limit during the "return home" phase of the dates. Some untested ideas are: Finish a Driving Date right next to the girl's home and drive quickly into the sphere as soon as the Fun Meter is full. Similarly, it should be possible to finish a Drive By date (usually with Denise) and enter her home sphere before the Two-Timing evaluation can kick in. In addition to quickly taking the girls home, it might be possible to end the date by exploiting one of multiple dating exploits; such as entering a gym or starting some missions. Either way, the date needs to end in less than 7 seconds.

The other two methods to avoid disabling two-timing during a date involve actually triggering a jealous girlfriend and then either get caught by the jealous girl, or take the girl dated back to her home sphere without evading the jealous girl.

If you have had a date other than these listed then you have your jealous girlfriend shut down, man.

Those other processes shut the jealous gf down for some reason.

Could any of these be your issue?

I mean, it really sounds likely that you have shut down the jealous girlfriend ablity.

OrionSR described this before and I was at odds with what it meant, myself.

BUT, if you do anything other than these with date they your ablity shuts down.

Do you have a save previous to dating, man?

Sorry for the bleak news, man. confused.gif

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 29 2009, 16:34)
If you have had a date other than these listed then you have your jealous girlfriend shut down, man.

Those other processes shut the jealous gf down for some reason.

Could any of these be your issue?

I only had Eating, Driving, Dancing and Drive by as gf activities which I think are the only ones available and never had any other kind of date.

As for disabling the event, does it happen only with the dated gf with whom the conditions occured or will it apply to the rest as well?

I've had several dates already with Denise mostly Dancing and Driving, but I've always successfully completed any of these by allowing Denise to perform a drive by instead, so I really never get to proceed with the original activity.

Could this bypass somehow has a disabling effect on the jealous gf?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

Um... yeah. Those dates with Denise disabled the jealous girlfriends. And once disabled then no other two-timing dates will occur. Although there are a handful of exceptions, basically, every date must be a jealousy date or they get disabled for the rest of the game. Check out this post for my most recent attempt at describing the few conditions that don't disable the two-timing dates (this was quoted in the above post by HolyGrenadeFrenzy).

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Nov 3 2009, 00:50)
No, only the Gimp Suit and She Drives dates skip the Two-Timing evaluation.

At the start of the post though you say that non-gimp dates permanently disable two-timing, permanent is a pretty big word, am I misreading something?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

Permanent - that's the current theory. Please feel free to prove me wrong. I've tried, but nothing I've attempted has re-enabled the two-timing dates once they've been disabled. However, there are other methods to avoid disabling the two-timing dates besides the Gimp Suit date. <Notes>

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:49 AM

It makes sense that it is permenant though. Some people have beaten the game 100% many times and never seen a jelous date thing. Why? Because simply dating Denise at the start of the game once before seeing another GF ( which is most likely going to be the case for most people) apparently shuts it down

This challange is insane and slightly addictive. I remember i just needed one more car, Barbaras car. I kept having to fly over to SF, go over to Katie and hope i get the car i want, a 1/4 chance i think. Then sometimes the girls wouldnt be home at the right time either. Then there would be freak plane crashes, really bad timings with Hydras shooting me as im landing, the Doherty garage would always take its friggen time to open as well lol. Anyway here my tip, once you do get them stored check on them all the time and use backup saves. I have had them go missing all the time and its a pain getting them back

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:51 AM

Ok, so I finally managed to trigger the jealous girlfriend after going back to an old post Burning Desire mission saved file and had to restart the whole girlfriend thing from that point since all of my old saved files have "corrupted" girlfriend activities already. HGF and Orion_SR were right. I've already disabled the jealous gf in my old game.

I'm in the Badlands on my new game and had Katie, Michelle and Helena already, all at 15%, while Denise is at 8% (after my very first date with her ended in failure for allowing Katie to intercept us, since I snatched Katie's proofed Romero on this occasion.)

Just some small comments on these theories then:

Two-Timing dates will be permanently disabled when CJ goes on a date that is not a Gimp Suit or She Drives date and leaves or fails to reach the destination (Food or Dancing), or completes or fails the goal (Driving, Drive-By):[LIST]
• if only one girlfriend is active
• if a jealous girlfriend does not appear
• if the jealous girlfriend is evaded

Basically, once the jealous girl has been triggered there are 3 options: 1) Evade the jealous girl; 2) Get caught two-timing; or 3) Take the date back home without getting caught or evading the jealous girl. In my tests, only the first option would disable the two-timing dates.

PS2 v1.0 users, correct me if I'm wrong and to Orion_SR, if I understood you correctly, but first time evasion (including wasting the other gf before she can approach you) doesn't seem to instantly disable the jealous gf. In my tests, there was always a second chance that you can trigger it again even if you've successfully completed your date with the dated gf, as long as the percentage you attained didn't go higher than the other one at the end of the affair. This means without hot coffee given that this would dramatically increase your percentage on one gf over the other.

What I haven't tried yet is if by increasing your percentage of progress on one overtaken gf over another one would somehow re-activate the jealous gf.

I have 50 oysters at this point by the way.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Jan 2 2010, 00:51)
I'm in the Badlands on my new game and  had Katie, Michelle and Helena already, all at 15%, while Denise is at 8% (after my very first date with her ended in failure for allowing Katie to intercept us, since I snatched Katie's proofed Romero on this occasion.)

Failure? If you snatched the Romero they you would have followed the "lead the jealous girl" back to the home sphere strategy, which, IIRC, results in a normal date increase or decrease for the dated girlfriend, and no change in the jealous girl's progress.

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Jan 2 2010, 00:51)
PS2 v1.0 users, correct me if I'm wrong and to Orion_SR, if I understood you correctly, but  first time evasion (including wasting the other gf before she can approach you) doesn't seem to instantly disable the jealous gf. In my tests, there was always a second chance that you can  trigger it again even if you've successfully completed your date with the dated gf, as long as the percentage you attained didn't go higher than the other one at the end of the affair. This means without hot coffee given that this would dramatically increase your percentage on one gf over the other.

Okay, I'm a bit confused here. Can you give me a specific example I can test?

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:02 AM Edited by GTA_Loco, 05 January 2010 - 11:36 AM.

Failure? If you snatched the Romero they you would have followed the "lead the jealous girl" back to the home sphere strategy, which, IIRC, results in a normal date increase or decrease for the dated girlfriend, and no change in the jealous girl's progress.

My mistake. What I thought was a failure was actually a successful one, that increased my progress with Denise from 0% to 8%. However, when I allowed Katie to intercept us as I drove into the red marker, it didn't affect my progress with Denise negatively. The progress was equivalent to about 5% or typically a no hot coffee date.

...but  first time evasion (including wasting the other gf before she can approach you) doesn't seem to instantly disable the jealous gf. In my tests, there was always a second chance that you can  trigger it again even if you've successfully completed your date with the dated gf, as long as the percentage you attained didn't go higher than the other one at the end of the affair.

Okay, I'm a bit confused here. Can you give me a specific example I can test?

Sorry again but I think I was kind of slow in getting all the informations about this. You've already basically explained it HERE about how to keep the jealous gf active.

But the percentage thing does seem to affect it as evidenced by this limited tests I did and I just want to share this for what it's worth.

* 1st date with Denise (after acquiring her from Burning Desire), we ate at Pizza snack, Katie showed up along the way home and I allowed her to intercept us at Denise's place. I snatched her Romero at this point. Progress with Denise climbed from 0%-8%.

* 2nd date, another food date, and Katie showed up again and allowed her to intercept us back home. Progress with Denise from 8%-13%. A couple more tests on this involved evading Katie, one blowing her up before she can approach us, and another is by simply avoiding her. Both methods also resulted in her showing up on the 3rd date.

* 3rd date, another food date. To my amusement, Katie still showed up again, and allowed the same incident on the 1st & 2nd dates to happen. Progress with Denise climbed from 13%-18%.

* 4th date, another food date. Katie never showed up even after repeated replay.

All throughout, my progress with Katie was at 15%.

I was just thinking still at this point if there might be a way that the Two-Timing affair can be re-activated again if it was disabled.

UPDATE

I made some tests again on Denise just to play around on Orion_SR's theory on how to keep the jealous gf active for an indefinite time.

Tests were done with Denise starting from a progress of 8% after a successful first date. The first date was with a confrontation with Katie as we drove into the home sphere.

On the second date I opted to fail it by boring Denise so we just parked near her house. Katie appeared and I applied again the lead the jealous gf to the home sphere method. My progress bar appeared green after the dialogue(though the bar was barely showing), but strangely, in my stat, Denise disappeared and only Katie's was there. After saving the game, I made more tests on whether Denise can still be dated again at this point.

I was expecting that she'll dump me when I took her out on the third date, but instead, she greeted me sweetly as if I still have a progress in my relationship with her. So again, I bored her, Katie appeared and then led her to the red marker. The same thing happened afterwards just like on the second date; the progress bar appeared with a very small green showing but Denise was again not registered in my stat.

From the fourth until the seventh date, exactly the same things would happen after the date. I thought maybe this could be one way of keeping at least one jealous gf event active for as long as you want.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

Although it has yet to be discovered let's think about this whole permanently disabled statement again ... Rockstar would not put so much effort, so much programming, resources, dialog, etc into something and then have the player never see it just because they successfully dated a girl early in the game (Denise), so obviously lies the mystery on how to reenable the variable that OrionSR discovered, there has got to be some event that turns it back on, thus no longer making the term permanent apply. Has anyone ever had Rockstar or former Rockstar people comment on things like this or .. ?

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:13 AM

You maybe right in your theory however very reliable Orion_SR's tests were. Although he is one person who can read excellently on the scripts of a game, he may have missed or still missing the finer details in the opcodes that provide the trick in re-enabling the jealous gf when it's supposed to have been disabled.

But the answer may also lie on the fact that the jealous gf affair is similar to some story missions, a scripted event that offer a one-time bonus stuff like the proofed car that's the subject in question here. As such, the conditions providing the opportunity in acquiring the bonus stuffs are similarly on a limited time and chance too, something that can't be re-enabled if missed.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:23 AM

How many labor hours were spent on this simple subroutine (jealous gfs?) OrionSR knows what he's doing but there's just got to be another way, he's racked his brain and just hasn't found it yet, hell, if ever, who knows.

They certainly didn't create this as a bonus to get the special vehicles, none of the special vehicles in the whole game were ever intended to be captured, they were put in place to make certain that if you failed a mission it was because you did something wrong, imagine completing a mession then a cutscene happening while the police blast by chasing a carload of criminals, one of their stray bullets hit the car in front of you and you fail the mission because someone dies in the explosion (the occupants or even you). The PCJ600 in the mission OG Loc because you snipe Freddy because you don't want to chase him so they prevent this from happening, how many of his comments would you miss. All I can think of is a single mission they missed something, I think they forgot to proof the boats in Pier 69 because I never even jump into the water, I use a heat seek rpg and blow up the boats and then just snipe Ryder's ass when he goes to the island because there's no boat, most other missions though they apply the right proofings to assist the mission.
So back to the GF vehicle proofings, there's obviously reasons for this - Ever park near a gas pump while someone is chasing you, they almost always seem to hit the pumps. We've all seen how many plane crashes or enemy gang members blasting at you as you drive by? Would change the girlfriend chase quite a bit if they were vulnerable to the hazards of the world.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:06 AM

I think its because its not really your fault if a jealous GF shows up, if she somehow damaged her car while chasing you and died she would be wiped from your stats, which would suck as you were just trying to get away from her, so they proof their vehicles.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:39 AM

The way I see this particular kind of affairs in a GTA game, is that they're still intentional events where you're given a chance to acquire something special out of the ordinary, albeit "hidden", "secret" or however it can be described.

True, most of those proofed vehicles were not meant to be captured but that doesn't necessarily mean that they were absolutely meant to be unobtainable. Whatever were the reasons for bestowing those proofings on the vehicles, the fact that there were lots of ways that existed to acquire them, meant that Rockstar clearly intended them to be given away, ( thus a bonus )even at the expense of your mission. It's an option thing that the game offered in a lot of ways.

Clearly Rockstar intended to provide a cool way of maximizing fun for car-loving/car collector players by creating the proofed cars. But obviously, they didn't want to offer them just as freebies so you have to work your way hard in getting most of them that must involve creative and clever ways to succeed.

So if the intention of the developer was not to give away those armored vehicles, they would have either deleted those special properties every time with absolutely no way to keep them, or maybe they would have just devised other ways to prevent you from shortcutting or tricking your ways to complete a mission without the involvement of proofed vehicles.

As for the gf proofed vehicles, the only reason I can see here for their existence or the factors that enable or disable the opportunity to acquire them is no different from those in the story missions.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Jan 10 2010, 02:39)
The way I see this particular kind of affairs in a GTA game, is that they're still intentional events where you're given a chance to acquire something special out of the ordinary, albeit "hidden", "secret" or however it can be described.

True, most of those proofed vehicles were not meant to be captured but that doesn't necessarily mean that they were absolutely meant to be unobtainable. Whatever were the reasons for bestowing those proofings on the vehicles, the fact that there were lots of ways that existed to acquire them, meant that Rockstar clearly intended them to be given away, ( thus a bonus )even at the expense of your mission. It's an option thing that the game offered in a lot of ways.

Clearly Rockstar intended to provide a cool way of maximizing fun for car-loving/car collector players by creating the proofed cars. But obviously, they didn't want to offer them just as freebies so you have to work your way hard in getting most of them that must involve creative and clever ways to succeed.

So if the intention of the developer was not to give away those armored vehicles, they would have either deleted those special properties every time with absolutely no way to keep them, or maybe they would have just devised other ways to prevent you from shortcutting or tricking your ways to complete a mission without the involvement of proofed vehicles.

As for the gf proofed vehicles, the only reason I can see here for their existence or the factors that enable or disable the opportunity to acquire them is no different from those in the story missions.

I 100% agree with you!

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

The only good news is that entering the sphere at the girlfriend home to end the chase (and collect the car) does not set $1236 to -1, so it still might be possible to collect more than 1 car. I have been unable to find an in-game method to reset $1236.

This was supposed to be a pm message for Orion but his inbox is full already.

Anyways, I just want to share an update on this jealous gf. I found some time to make an extensive tests on this, but only with Denise, and I can confirm that there's a way how to reset $1236 back to normal on the PS2 v1.0. By just driving both of the gfs on the red marker every time, the Two-timing can always be triggered. Orion_SR basically mentioned this already in this topic and MC_320's, but I got to understood that there was no confirmation on how to reset it to this day. So I thought I'd share with you this result.

So basically, I think this would prove that the jealous gf won't be shut down even if you leave or fail to reach the destination (Food or Dancing), or complete or fail the goal (Driving, Drive-By)

Now this can even be a continuous event long after progress with Denise had reached 100%., meaning it's not a percentage-disabled event like I've suggested in my previous post. I tested about 30 dates with Denise starting from an 8% progress, and until I've reached 100% and some succeeding dates thereafter, the jealous gfs are still appearing about 95% of the time.

The dates with Denise involved a combination of several options including with hot coffee, no hot coffee, evasion by killing the jealous gf, bypassing the original activity with a drive-by.

Well hope this might be of some useful info somehow.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:30 PM Edited by pomor, 16 January 2010 - 08:36 PM.

@GTA_Loco: Yes, sure, the same on PC, I long ago got 100% with Denise, Helena and Michelle without disabling this thing. I never reported it because, as I understood, it was covered by orginal Orion's post.
You can compete or fail the date, then jelaous girlfriend will show up or not. If yes, indeed, she showed up, you can bring both girlfriends to the destination, hot coffee or not, jealousy date is still enabled. If she had not showed up, you must reload, least the jelousy dates will be disabled for good. Reloads can get stale sometimes.

I didnt tested wasting the other girlfriend, though.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Jan 16 2010, 03:17)
I can confirm that there's a way how to reset $1236 back to normal on the PS2 v1.0. By just driving both of the gfs on the red marker every time, the Two-timing can always be triggered.

I might need to rephrase the Two-Timing theory again. The current wording seems to lead to quite a bit of confusion.

As a clarification, once the variable $1236 has been set to -1 the two-timing dates are disabled, and there appears to be no way to reset this variable.

The two-timing scripts are triggered 7 seconds into the "drive her home" stage of the date. Once triggered, the scripts will be disabled if: CJ only has one active girlfriend, a jealous girlfriend randomly does not appear, or CJ gets far enough away (> 180.0) to evade the jealous girlfriend (displays the message, "You've managed to lose the jealous girlfriend. Well done.").

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:14 AM

Bumping this topic due to its importance and asking a question -
On the mission Burning Desire, when you take Denise home is it ok to accept her coffee invitation or does this kill the variable and disable Jealous Girlfriends?
People unfamiliar with this should know that if you've collected all the oysters that all girlfriends offer coffee on the first date. OrionSR did note that collecting all oysters does not disable this jealouse dating.

I also read somewhere that if you've collected all oysters that Denise and Millie won't be lost as girlfriends no matter what? Truth or myth?
Furthermore all oysters collected bypasses the physical characteristics required to acquire the other girls as girlfriends (?)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:22 AM Edited by lil weasel, 16 February 2010 - 01:24 AM.

Jealous girlfriend has happened to me only once (during my 29 replay of the game).
I had flown into San Fiero to get Katie as a GF very early in the game.
CJ was taking Denise on a Drive-By date and was accosted by Katie in her Hearse. No bridges were open.

[forum rules say it is ok to 'bump' a topic when you have something substantial to add.]

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Feb 16 2010, 01:14)
1.On the mission Burning Desire, when you take Denise home is it ok to accept her coffee invitation or does this kill the variable and disable Jealous Girlfriends?

2.I also read somewhere that if you've collected all oysters that Denise and Millie won't be lost as girlfriends no matter what? Truth or myth?

1. PS2 v1.0,as long as the jealous gf has been triggered and you led her to the home sphere, with or without hot coffee, it won't disable the jealous gf.

2. PS2 v1.0, myth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users