man somebody help i can't seem to fly the dodo

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:43 PM

1.Hold the nose down when taking off

2.Release when sparks are coming out of the front tire

3.The plane will want to fly straight up, but don't let it, each time it dips upwards push it down again and keep it level. You will slowly gain height.

4.the end

cod fh rules
  • cod fh rules

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

check out the cheats and tricks forum for better, more detailed explanations.
you do know it wasnt meant to be flown, thats why its so hard.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:51 PM

I've had better luck flying it with the 'flying car' cheat activated, seems to add to the flying time.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Might I also suggest that you first save a Dodo in the garage in Staunton Island? You can take off from the Callahan Bridge (the one between Portland and Staunton), which means two things are in your favor:

1. Getting from your safehouse to the takeoff point is much faster (assuming you're like me and don't want all those hospital visits adding up on your Statistics screen, so you'd rather reload your game than drive from the hospital in Shoreside to the airport).

2. Learning to fly is a bit SAFER. If you do happen to take a nose dive, you're more likely to hit land than water. And of course, this might help you learn faster too, as a crash won't necessarily mean you lost the plane as well as your life and now have to wait for a load screen to continue practicing.

As a trivial bonus, you don't have to switch vehicles (from a car to a plane) back and forth in the midst of your practicing. This might help you retain everything you learn.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Must disagree with the above on one issue: after spending months of frustration (longest flight: 17 seconds) assuming the Dodo just wasn't meant to fly on my iPad, and assuming that taking off over land was the safest way to learn, because though you may lose the plane, you generally survive crashes on land, I discovered that it's actually safer to take off over water. I know there's that moment of terror once you've gotten into the air when the plane seems to dive toward the water, and your natural reaction is to bring the nose up, but that's what kills the flight! You've got to be nervy enough to let the plane head for the water and trust that it will self-correct at some low altitude. If you're over land, you'll likely run into a building or billboard before reaching that low altitude, over water there's no problem, and when your Dodo's recovered from that dive, you can get back to keeping the nose down and gently steering. Another thing: watch out for the airspace above unique jumps, fly into that and you'll go into slow motion and not get out until you've crashed. (kinda interesting though, you can still steer the plane, and if you've got a high wanted level, it's fun to see the two police choppers chasing you.)

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (boygilroy @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 15:13)
Must disagree with the above on one issue: after spending months of frustration (longest flight: 17 seconds) assuming the Dodo just wasn't meant to fly on my iPad, and assuming that taking off over land was the safest way to learn, because though you may lose the plane, you generally survive crashes on land, I discovered that it's actually safer to take off over water. I know there's that moment of terror once you've gotten into the air when the plane seems to dive toward the water, and your natural reaction is to bring the nose up, but that's what kills the flight! You've got to be nervy enough to let the plane head for the water and trust that it will self-correct at some low altitude. If you're over land, you'll likely run into a building or billboard before reaching that low altitude, over water there's no problem, and when your Dodo's recovered from that dive, you can get back to keeping the nose down and gently steering. Another thing: watch out for the airspace above unique jumps, fly into that and you'll go into slow motion and not get out until you've crashed. (kinda interesting though, you can still steer the plane, and if you've got a high wanted level, it's fun to see the two police choppers chasing you.)

To each his own, I suppose. All I know is my first successful flight was taking off from the Callahan Bridge toward Staunton Island. There really isn't much you have to dodge if you take off straight. I was just getting frustrated with all the crashing into water, waiting on load screens, driving back to the airport over and over again.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

I take off from Callahan Bridge all the time, before I whack Salvatore I make a point of saving a Dodo at Import/Export so I can make the jump to Staunton without doing the trick over the tunnel entrance. Before the bridge is repaired, it's a short runway, but enough to just coast across the gap, but sometimes I decide to fly the rest of the way to Shoreside, and then it's about 50/50 whether I'll crash into the "See You In Miami" billboard.

Habbrow94
  • Habbrow94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

Why fly the dodo when you can fly the tank? Put on the cheat code for flying cars, then turn the cannon at a 180 degree angle. Drive and shoot, simple as that. When you take turns do it very slowly and you will be fine. smile.gif

Habbrow94
  • Habbrow94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (boygilroy @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 14:37)
I take off from Callahan Bridge all the time, before I whack Salvatore I make a point of saving a Dodo at Import/Export so I can make the jump to Staunton without doing the trick over the tunnel entrance. Before the bridge is repaired, it's a short runway, but enough to just coast across the gap, but sometimes I decide to fly the rest of the way to Shoreside, and then it's about 50/50 whether I'll crash into the "See You In Miami" billboard.

How do you get the dodo before you whack the Don?, shorside vale isnt unlocked yet.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Well, there are ways, noted elsewhere, you can get across the water and get things done before you even start with Luigi. I like the park-the-banshee-over-the-tunnel-entrance-and-get-out-just-as-it's-falling-off trick. Besides gathering hidden packages, doing unique jumps, and doing vigilante missions, I make a point of flying a Dodo to Portland Harbor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users