193 replies to this topic
X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Kowaah @ Sep 7 2009, 18:54)
So u've got permission from R* to make SOL? I doubt u got any answer from them.

Yes I did, and I do not have to prove anything to you.

I already have in this community.

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

Oh you have? Please R*, come in this board an tell us, X-Seti has permission or not. You LIE!

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

What are you on..

The point of this topic is about the conversion of VC to SA, yet again..

What ever I have done in the past has no bearing on what has been going on today.

There are a lot of people in this community who want this conversion sh*t to stop, because this is not modding.

And shotting me down for saying what I be leave and thats wrong, This my experience in modding since 1991 this problem has only been around since 2007, but it has to stop.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Kowaah @ Sep 7 2009, 19:06)
Oh you have? Please R*, come in this board an tell us, X-Seti has permission or not. You LIE!

Thats big of you to call me a Lier..

Shows you how things have gone to sh*t and how the rules on this board need to be changed.

Notice how I am not being rude to anyone.. in all this biggrin.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:19 PM

Though in a way you started this craze no? I mean, isn't GTA SOL basically the same idea as GTA United or any of the other sh*tloads of TCs. I'm not saying you don't have a point there, Keith, and I certainly do respect all the hard work you put into that project, but in the end what you did (with a lot more work I'll admit that) is still just another bunch of converted files.

My view on this comes from my experience in converting a bit back in the day. Converting sucks balls, it's not fun to do, it's taking credit for other people's hard work.

Scratch making things is a rewarding (and also frustrating at times) practice, because you get to see progress in your skills, and that's fun and motivating.

Making a TC like this only leads to people busting your balls for it, now where's the fun in that?

@Kowaah: You also need to stop being immature. Even if he didn't get permission, why would you care?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:25 PM Edited by X-Seti, 07 September 2009 - 06:27 PM.

QUOTE (teun.steenbekkers @ Sep 7 2009, 19:19)
Though in a way you started this craze no? I mean, isn't GTA SOL basically the same idea as GTA United or any of the other sh*tloads of TCs. I'm not saying you don't have a point there, Keith, and I certainly do respect all the hard work you put into that project, but in the end what you did (with a lot more work I'll admit that) is still just another bunch of converted files.

My view on this comes from my experience in converting a bit back in the day. Converting sucks balls, it's not fun to do, it's taking credit for other people's hard work.

Scratch making things is a rewarding (and also frustrating at times) practice, because you get to see progress in your skills, and that's fun and motivating.

Making a TC like this only leads to people busting your balls for it, now where's the fun in that?

@Kowaah: You also need to stop being immature. Even if he didn't get permission, why would you care?

You forget something, I started this way before GTAU, 2005 my friend and if you remember you also helped me at one point.

And how I started this recycle trend, narh thats bull.

I will say that SOL is the 3rd mod of its kind, however this doesnt even compare to what is going on now..

Nice post btw.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:27 PM Edited by teun.steenbekkers, 07 September 2009 - 06:40 PM.

Thanks. I remember yes, good times and bad times. Mostly fun times though.

And you're right, things went out of control.

People these days, don't ask me why, cannot be arsed to be creative anymore... I'm not saying that I am creative all the time, but the ideas I do wanna work out, I work out myself, and not a game company or other people. (Other people do help me out occasionally of course)

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (teun.steenbekkers @ Sep 7 2009, 18:19)
Though in a way you started this craze no?

no, the honor of starting the map conversion craze goes to PineCreek-Skidz for GTA-World Online with his GTAIII map to VC mod wink.gif

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

Jeez, does it matter who started the "craze" of converting maps? Why do some people find this project such a bad idea? Oh no, someone's actually doing something, that, while done before, is still very successful work... What's with that? NTauthority should not be bashed for making actual progress, in a world where, currently, modding seems to be a cess pit of sh*t. I mean, look in the TC section on GTA Garage, every day there is some sh*tty mod that never, ever gets anywhere. It's damn sickening, and it's even worse when people do make progress, and they are frowned on for it.

Keep it up NT icon14.gif

bammargera
  • bammargera

Just Call Me Rob, Its Easier That Way

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

i have to say if the creators are talented enough to scratch mod but choose to convert its a damn shame but also guess personal choice however all i can say xseti is me cold fusion are working on something rather original and will be going public soon so watch out for it

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:29 PM Edited by supermortalhuman, 07 September 2009 - 11:32 PM.

I do have to say this: Stop bashing map converters.

If you have a problem with converters, why don't others produce a new map for them to work on? I bet if there were actually other maps, those MAPPERS would have something original to work on.

Don't sh*t on them for using their skills -they may not be level designers, but they work on maps - that's what they do.

In other words: Give them an original map, and maybe they will work on that... in the mean time, be glad they are there for when you actually make a map. Yea? Exactly.

This is just as bad as telling someone they can't help with your map because "all they know is TXD". So the f*ck what? That's VALUABLE to a TEAM. If that means I can model a map using 16 or 32 total textures and SOMEONE ELSE is going to take the time to make TXD's unique, so be it! More power to the TC tower, man.

Basically, these conversions wouldn't take place if people like me would get off our asses and model some maps for these map-savvy folks to help us with... GTA United probably never would have happened if those smart folks had a nice original map to work with instead... In my own defense, everyone who draws me a map fails before they finish (no names, cause it's not direct failure anyway)

When I see conversions I go "Oh, maybe if I EVER find someone to help with concept art, MAYBE these guys will want to help" I see this as an ASSET to possible teams, and people DOING something with their time instead of waiting. More power to conversions of FULL MAPS - it's a public service at this point. lol.

Look at my other posts here: Yea, there is mixed stuff, but I bet if NT gets it right, it'll make him really a good choice for a map coordinator on a scratch TC.

helder069
  • helder069

hP321hLdr

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:49 PM

Omg! I Can't wait for this release!! inlove.gif

Very Nice! 5/5

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

Jesus Christ. I can't believe there are so many people bashing NT. He's converting Vice City for another mod he is working on. If he wants to release his converted files along the way, so be it. I mean, is it really going to f*cking kill you if you don't post a bashing reply?

"Re-Cycling old maps should be dis-allowed" "This is not cool, I am sorry but this type of conversion has been done to death and back, and hurts modding, it makes modders on this board look pretty stupid."
Hypocritical much? Granted, you worked harder and longer than anyone doing conversions because you combined LC, VC & SA into one map but at the end of the day it's converting old maps.

NT, keep up the good work! Hopefully, these un-supportive posts haven't detoured you away from releasing your converted map.

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Sep 7 2009, 21:13)
NT, keep up the good work! Hopefully, these un-supportive posts haven't detoured you away from releasing your converted map.

Word.

I'm looking foward for this mod man icon14.gif icon14.gif

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:33 AM

It's not about NTAuthority bashing (at least for me), it's all about a current modding fashion lately.

Now I have to agree with you SMH about that kind of work being efficient to prepare your skills to scratch made TCs. I also converted maps in the past, but it quickly became not enough to me, I wanted to go the step forward. Now, the problem being most people will not jump to the next step, and stick with converting stuff.

People, if GTAForums organizes scratch made map competitions, will you come and participate? Or will you stick to VC and LC maps for ever?

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:45 AM

Yes! I will participate - it needs to be lot by lot though - remember that baseland I made? with all equal lots? That's how a map comp would have to be done - at least a first one, small and simple, 40x40 per person, if you do a team of 2, you must take a second lot, 3, a third lot, etc. They will be judged after they are installed and they are done. We only need a baseland for as many people who sign up before some deadline. Limits must be VERY generous, if any at all, since there will be so much open space not rendering jack anyway, although to be reasonable in some way is a good idea in any case - for those loose limits proposed, I propose a deadline.

The map comp should be composed of a choice of "x, x, or x" type of buildings. That means we could all choose gas station, or all choose hospital - but be limited to x amount of choices, no matter what we pick - this then justifies the strict time limit (as in, no lateness, and it shouldn't be all short like just a single week, not everyone has time)

I know NT will be, without a doubt, valuable to any original map - now aside from a comp, who's down for an original map??

AELAT
  • AELAT

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

MAN IF YOU BUT NEW TEXTURES THATS WILL BE COOL LIKE MIAMI CITY

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (teun.steenbekkers @ Sep 7 2009, 18:19)

Oh then i Fking started it? He bashed NTAuthority about permission from rockstar to do this mod.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:39 PM Edited by X-Seti, 08 September 2009 - 02:58 PM.

QUOTE (ParoXum @ Sep 8 2009, 10:33)
It's not about NTAuthority bashing (at least for me), it's all about a current modding fashion lately.

Now I have to agree with you SMH about that kind of work being efficient to prepare your skills to scratch made TCs. I also converted maps in the past, but it quickly became not enough to me, I wanted to go the step forward. Now, the problem being most people will not jump to the next step, and stick with converting stuff.

People, if GTAForums organizes scratch made map competitions, will you come and participate? Or will you stick to VC and LC maps for ever?

@gamerzworld, Kowaah all you want to do is argue.

I started my project back in 2005, None of these conversion (Re-cycle jobs) started towards the end of 2007, So you can not compare me at all, I do have other projects progressing as well that are original and will be release soon. (GTA Chicago) and an SG-Atlantis mod for another gaming community.

I would want to see some new things being released from this community and I am willing to help those who want to do this.

I was not bashing either, just the fact there is another conversion mod, I am entitled to my views, this is a forum after all.

So I put my views out so others to see, and I doing it in a way where I am not being rude or disrespectful to anyone.

Like I just said before, I will to put myself out there and teach people about doing something new and fun from the ground up, on what ever engine.

A brand new project is 10 times more rewarding for everyone, even those who download the mod, then just having 43 VC<->SA conversion mods all sitting in the showroom.

Mr P, I know you would be someone who would back me up on this.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:06 PM Edited by X-Seti, 08 September 2009 - 04:11 PM.

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Sep 1 2009, 11:16)
This modification is another Vice City conversion for San Andreas. As I need a reusable Vice map for a future project of mine -- and San Vice absolutely does not allow redistribution -- I decided to convert one myself.

Back to my original point;

@NTAuthority

If someone has converted the VC files already, Just use them, save time.

They do not have the right to tell you that you can not, because the files do not belong to them either, unless they create these from scratch.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:13 PM

... wow, what a huge heap of stuff this project has caused. Not many progress updates on OpenVice by the way, need to upgrade my 3ds Max to work further on the paths and haven't had much time to do so.

Off-topic by the way, but for the people interested in my 'other' project, and its operation in the SA map, watch the gameplay video on YT: (yes, many of those things are subject to change)

Johnline
  • Johnline

junglist

• Members

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:37 AM

user posted image

ViceDiaz
  • ViceDiaz

Rockstar USA Leader

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:17 AM

Even though there are alot of VC map conversions.I think this will be the best yet.

aoxsystems
  • aoxsystems

www.xssed.com

• Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

any progress on open vice project?

Fredskin
  • Fredskin

New Yorker Forever

• Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

Sorry, i'm late here...mainly because when i see the topic name, i said to me, "gosh an other VC convertion ..."

But today, i've take the time to read the 5 previous pages, and sorry about that but i participe and i'm totally agree with Mr Parox, GForce, Jost Vice and X-Seti !
Because i don't have any reason to post a Facepalm Image, i totally assume my position about the convertion map ...

Ok, map convertion are usd by lot of people to upgrade their skills, but are this reason enought to always post there progress when you seen , as GForce had prouve here, something like 10 Map Convertion ? I thinks NO !

Just talking about the R* permission, which just X-seti here have, why alxays redoing things taht other people have made before ? why don't take them if tey are buggy, and just made them jus more stable ? Or maybe doing them a bit more original ! Look at M57 Liberty City : ok it's a map convertion too, but he is making one by one all the building to take them HP and give to them his own look ...

Here we have just an other VC convertion to SA, something we have seen somehting like 100 times in this and on other forum !

NOW, and it's the most interesting part of this post because the rest had been said 10 times here...

Why this communauty is going down more day by day ? did all you realize you have bashed people like GForce, Paroxum and other I respect because they have did more work on the SA engine and on th older engine than maybe 60% of all the communauty here !

Gostown Paradise was the most incredible TC we ever seen here ! Myriad Island was the first TC on Vice City engine, those guys have done an incredible work, and if SA is moddable today is in part because of them !
X-seti have do a lot of work here too !
All those modders, should be respected by every one here, same if their project fail, or had been abondonned ! I've work on GP, and because of this i can tell to every that is more interesting to work on those type of work, than those crappy Map convertion we see all over the web ...

So, just try to evolue people, try to be more creative, like Puma, or other people ! Do your stuff by yourself ! not stay on this "stage" as Parox said, where you're just waiting the f*cking day where you will "maybe" pass to the other step !

Now, flame me if you want, but i know what i'm able to, and i'm knowning what people here will maybe not done ...

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

Although I agree with Fredskin, I need to say this "modification" isn't a map conversion as you've stated. This is a KIT what can be used by other people as a base, for other modifications freely. So if the base (NTAuthority's map) is released (I'm talking about this conversion), there's really no need to reconvert every single file from Vice City, because this can be used as a BASE of an other modification. The whole point of this was to STOP people converting VC over and over again, and let other people use this for their creative ideas related to Vice City's feeling, which we all know is incredible.

And he didn't state that this is an original idea. The intention to release something for other modders to use freely was... unlike how some of you do it nowadays.

So my idea is to let NTAuthority finish this project, and lock every other topic, where someone is converting VC to SA... of course with including a directlink to this topic. That's my opinion, and it would basicly stop this madness. turn.gif

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulators fan

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

I wish someone would make VC TC for SA. We have GTAIII,LCS,VCS TCs on SA in WIP, but noone wants to remake famous VC confused.gif

aoxsystems
  • aoxsystems

www.xssed.com

• Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Oct 2 2009, 18:55)
Although I agree with Fredskin, I need to say this "modification" isn't a map conversion as you've stated. This is a KIT what can be used by other people as a base, for other modifications freely. So if the base (NTAuthority's map) is released (I'm talking about this conversion), there's really no need to reconvert every single file from Vice City, because this can be used as a BASE of an other modification. The whole point of this was to STOP people converting VC over and over again, and let other people use this for their creative ideas related to Vice City's feeling, which we all know is incredible.

And he didn't state that this is an original idea. The intention to release something for other modders to use freely was... unlike how some of you do it nowadays.

So my idea is to let NTAuthority finish this project, and lock every other topic, where someone is converting VC to SA... of course with including a directlink to this topic. That's my opinion, and it would basicly stop this madness. turn.gif

completely agree,all up to now conversions vc->sa were half finished buggy products whose creators didnt approve modifying.

creating stable vc as a base is something that all modders should support.

txdeditor
  • txdeditor

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (/.:Nokiaman:.\ @ Oct 2 2009, 20:39)
I wish someone would make VC TC for SA. We have GTAIII,LCS,VCS TCs on SA in WIP, but noone wants to remake famous VC confused.gif

Actually there is, such like VC2SA, San Vice, or you can use United which has III and VC in one..

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:02 AM

Almost all map conversions have bugs and crash the game , Make Stable (simple ) conversion can be ground for mods .
btw anny progress/when release?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users