Quantcast

» «
Photo

Hmm, Why does my game crash with vehicle mods?

25 replies to this topic
91RS
  • 91RS

Gimme All Your Lovin'

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

Alright, I'm having a very strange issue with my vehicle mods. I used to do conversions a good bit for San Andreas, so I'm 99% sure I'm not doing anything wrong when installing these. I ONLY have vehicle mods and the native trainer installed, nothing else. Now when I modify the vehicles, the game crashes when I drive to certain places in the city. I've determined the problem to be something in the vehicles.img file because when I replace it with an unmodified original, the game plays perfectly (even with the modified data files still in place). I don't understand what the problem is. I'm using Spark 0.6.3. I've tried rebuilding the archive and I've also tried using a new vehicles.img and installing all the files at one time with Spark and that didn't work either. Does anyone have any ideas for this?

wesley123
  • wesley123

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:16 AM

it's normal, i thought it would be fixed with replacing your savegame with a older one, but it doenst help as then it comes at other places.

91RS
  • 91RS

Gimme All Your Lovin'

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:43 AM

That sucks, then if too many vehicles are modded the game will be unplayable!

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (91RS @ Sep 9 2009, 02:43)

One of my forum users has more than 70 vehicles installed..and he has no problems smile.gif

91RS
  • 91RS

Gimme All Your Lovin'

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Fabio206 @ Sep 8 2009, 21:08)

One of my forum users has more than 70 vehicles installed..and he has no problems smile.gif

mad.gif

R.F.
  • R.F.

Who are these guys?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:56 AM Edited by R.F., 11 September 2009 - 02:40 PM.

I`v got 50 cars installed and it runs pritty good, except for the view distance... i always get that flat gray model on the ground and buildings dissapering in the background confused.gif anyone know now to fix this ?

Rich246
  • Rich246

A Custom What?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:25 AM

I have car mods too, and my game runs fine... my only problem is that I keep getting ALL the same car parked and on the streets... every car is whatever I am driving...

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (91RS @ Sep 9 2009, 22:59)
QUOTE (Fabio206 @ Sep 8 2009, 21:08)

mad.gif

I have all cars replaced and i dont have a problem colgate.gif

91RS
  • 91RS

Gimme All Your Lovin'

• Members

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:09 PM Edited by 91RS, 13 September 2009 - 08:18 PM.

Is my computer not bad ass enought to handle it maybe? I've got a Core 2 Duo 2.13ghz, 2gb ram, and a ASUS Radeon EAH4850. The game seems to run fine otherwise, and it always crashes at the same spots in the city. I've only got 20 cars installed right now. Like I said though, it's definately something with the vehicles.img because when I replace it with the original, the crashing goes away. But I'm using Spark, so there isn't a wrong way to install the wft and wtd files!

gtamodking007
  • gtamodking007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

i have 40 viechles replaced but my game crashes when i start the ZERO RC mission!!!!!! rah.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif it just gets so annoying!!!!

i also have

nvidia geforce fx 512mb

3gb ram

amd phenom quad processor

AND MY GAME STILL CRASH!!! suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

91RS
  • 91RS

Gimme All Your Lovin'

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

I've found it does seem to have something to do with the save game and possibly the cars that are saved in parking spots. I started a new game and it didn't crash once through the entire game.

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:56 PM

usually a save game crash gives the error code smpa60. I also was getting major crashes until i started a new game. hasn't crashed yet/

protospleen
  • protospleen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:09 PM

I think the biggest problem comes with the compatibility of your version of GTA4 and the mods you are using.

I know a lot of people are having problems with the latest patch (1.0.0.4), but that the previous version (1.0.4.0) is more stable, and has more support for xliveless, scripthook, etc.

So, it would probably be useful to know if you have mods working, and what your version is. I'm busy re-installing and going back to 1.0.4.0, so I really don't know yet if it will make a big difference, but my game was crashing a lot with 1.0.0.4.

Cheers,

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:15 PM

Wrong. All of the cars that were exported with Zmodeler (so basically every car) have this "bug". Oleg warned us this is a beta export filter and all mods made with it should not be released. We didn't give a sh*t about it, and this is the result. It doesn't depend on how many cars you've modified, 1 car and your game will certainly crash at some places. There are some cars which are not bugged, don't ask me how, cuz we haven't figured it out, but they don't crash the game. Unfortunately there are too many bugged cars. It's like 50 cars are bugged, and 1 out of it is not. I even made a thread about this at GTA IV/PC version...
Need proof? Check out the weapon mods converted with 3ds, they are not bugged, it won't crash your game.

NightmareGK13
  • NightmareGK13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

i'm having the same issue
i haven't used any patches
is that the problem?

i have some skins installed and i tried installing the lamborghini reventon 2.0 game crashes constantly

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:08 PM Edited by Dvt-MedShot, 12 December 2009 - 02:11 PM.

What I did was:
  • Make a list of all your modded cars, and which they eventually replace
  • Then - I know, it takes a while - delete every car one by one, and drive around a bit, to see if the game crashes
What I found out this way, was that my Cadillac Escalade caused the error.

Vehiclemods I use (which don't make the game crash):

Vehicle Real Car
Admiral Ford Crown Vic
Airtug Go Kart - GTA SA
Banshee Dodge Viper
Blista Honda CRX
Bus NY Bus
Cognoscenti Maybach 57
Comet Porsche
Coquette Corvette
DF8 Audi R8
Contender Dodge Ram
Esperanto Beta Esperanto
Faction Mini Cooper S
FBI Buffalo FBI Dodge Charger SRT8
Feltzer Mercedes-Benz SL65 convertible
Firetruk SWAT APC - GTA SA
Huntley Range Rover Sport
Infernus Lamborghini Murciélago
Intruder Dodge Charger SRT8
Landstalker Mercedes-Benz G500
Lokus Lexus
Manana Cadillac Eldorado
Marbella Russian car
Merit Dacia Logan
Moonbeam Volkswagen classic van
Oracle BMW 7 series
Patriot Hummer H1
Peyote Pontiac muscle car
PMP600 Chrysler 300C
Presidente Audi A8L Quattro
Rebla BMW X5
Roman's Cab Beta Roman's cab
Ruiner Audi 80
Sabre Smart
Sabre GT Chevrolet Chevelle SS (Real Sabre GT)
Schafter Beta Schafter
Sentinel BMW M3
Sultan RS Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
SuperGT Aston Martin DB9
Turismo Ferrari (Real Turismo)
Vigero Shelby GT500

deathil93
  • deathil93

WASOOOME!

• Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:14 PM

Well, quite frankly I have installed only 2 car mods, most of the other mods were just texture changes I made cuz I was bored. But all my problems were with script mods that just weren't compatible with my version.
I dunno anything about this so called "bug", but according to what you guys are saying it sounds quite serious.

Cerebral
  • Cerebral

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:15 PM Edited by Cerebral, 13 December 2009 - 06:06 PM.

In reference to the SMPA 60 error, most of the time, it hasnt got anything to do with a modded car directly.

If you keep getting that error, restart the game and you would see the issue gone.

What I am certain of is that it has something to do with the parked (saved) cars, as mentioned by 91RS.

It happened to me when I initially started in Bohan, and then I restarted the game without removing the modded cars. No problem.

However the error has come back to haunt me. I observed that there are 2 reasons the error comes up:
1. You mod cars that were already in one of your parking slots.
2. You make a change to your game such that your parked cars change. Im not certain exactly sure what change I made but it replaced all my parked cars in all 3 islands with different cars, modded and unmodded.

The way I dealt with it is to go to each safehouse and move all the cars out of the parking spot and then save the game. This is convenient because the game always crashes if:
1. After I save, I try to move out of the immediate area
2. I try to load the 'just' saved game.

I have managed to go around the 3 islands to remove my parked cars however the safehouse in Hove beach is problematic as I cannot save there. I get the error once I get there and:
1. I try to get out of the area
2. I try to start a fight with the cops or more fearless peds
3. I try to kill myself by exploding the cars together with myself.

I have been trying to find how to remove the parked cars through one of the files but no information appears to be available. I will restart the game.

NightmareGK13
  • NightmareGK13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:55 PM

so removing parked cars
would fix the crashing issue when replacing a car?

thats a bummer cuz i'd need to go find another infernus and a supergt to save them :\
which are terribly rare

Cerebral
  • Cerebral

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (NightmareGK13 @ Dec 18 2009, 21:55)
so removing parked cars

thats a bummer cuz i'd need to go find another infernus and a supergt to save them :\
which are terribly rare

Well, you can try to identify which parked car may have caused the problem:
1. Did you make any change to the game that caused your parked cars to change? If so, you may need to remove all your parked cars.
2. Did you mod a parked car? If so, you need to remove that mod car only.

NightmareGK13
  • NightmareGK13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:19 PM Edited by NightmareGK13, 23 December 2009 - 01:22 PM.

QUOTE (Cerebral @ Dec 20 2009, 04:29)
QUOTE (NightmareGK13 @ Dec 18 2009, 21:55)
so removing parked cars

which are terribly rare

Well, you can try to identify which parked car may have caused the problem:
1. Did you make any change to the game that caused your parked cars to change? If so, you may need to remove all your parked cars.
2. Did you mod a parked car? If so, you need to remove that mod car only.

ah ok so all i need to do is remove the infernus (which i had replaced with a lamborghini reventon)
and that fixes the issue?
do i need to patch my game to a recent version?
where can i get another infernus btw xD

MrDemeulemeester
  • MrDemeulemeester

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:30 AM

OMG! I am having the exact same problem! I though it was only me! confused.gif

NightmareGK13
  • NightmareGK13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (GTABUSBOY @ Dec 26 2009, 02:30)
OMG! I am having the exact same problem! I though it was only me! confused.gif

did the solution of removing the cars from you're garage work?

dj jazzy death
  • dj jazzy death

Baked. Fresh. Everyday. Doughboii

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:18 AM

if you have a car mod for the calvalcade(replacing it) try and remove it first, cause that might be the problem. It was the only problem i had. I put in the cadillac escalade and it crashed the game. I tried it with the tahoe and yukon (replacing calvalcade) it crashed the game always in the same spot. So i let the yukon replace the perrenial and no crash. I let the tahoe replace the calvalcade fxt and the escalade replace the minivan and no crash yet. So for me the modded cars arent the problem its the calvalcade and i have nearly every car modded.

MrDemeulemeester
  • MrDemeulemeester

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (NightmareGK13 @ Dec 27 2009, 13:53)
QUOTE (GTABUSBOY @ Dec 26 2009, 02:30)
OMG! I am having the exact same problem! I though it was only me!  confused.gif

did the solution of removing the cars from you're garage work?

Yep. It crashed right after I removed the last set of cars and saved the game, but after that it hasn't crashed anymore! And the spot where it used to crash every time at, it doesn't crash anymore there either! So it works! Thanks to the people who suggested this solution!

Bravura123
  • Bravura123

Bravura123

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:51 AM

I`v got 50 cars installed and it runs pritty good, except for the view distance... i always get that flat gray model on the ground and buildings dissapering in the background confused.gifanyone know now to fix this ?

Install limit adjuster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users