Photo

BoGT Information Centre

323 replies to this topic
TGMOS
  • TGMOS

GTA IV Vehicle Expert

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

The other helicopter is the one seen on the cover art but not seen in any trailers. The vehicle the sky lift is carrying in that pic is the APC.

I'm glad they released that so there's at least small proof that it's available outside of the subway car theft mission, with the possibility of actually flying it.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

I'm gonna change the subject again. I was gonna make a topic for this but I didn't think it was worthwhile at this early stage. Anyway I noticed that this section has become to be flooded with repeat topics filled with the same questions that have been asked a million times and I think I speak for almost everybody when I say that it's really annoying and very counter productive.

So my suggestion is that a FAQ topic be made like the one that's in the TLAD section. I think that this would be very benificial to everybody but as I said it may be too early for such a topic to be created as there aren't that many questions that can be answered with a definite until the game comes out and it would also contain a lot of the stuff that's in this topic which would make it a bit redundant.

An alternative is that a more extensive FAQ Section be included in this topic including any questions that people notice a constantly being asked. as that would cut out the need for two topics that are quite similar. I wanna get some feedback on this from You Enjoii (as it was you that made the TLAD topic) and also anybody else that has something to say feel free.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, I'm planning on adding an FAQ section to the topic as soon as the game is released rather than making a new topic. I haven't added it yet because, as you said, it's probably a bit too early yet.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Sep 22 2009, 16:33)
Yeah, I'm planning on adding an FAQ section to the topic as soon as the game is released rather than making a new topic. I haven't added it yet because, as you said, it's probably a bit too early yet.

I think it's still worth expanding the current section with such stupid yet regularly asked questions like "Will this come to PS3?" And "Are there really parachutes and Tanks etc in this?" that way we can just repeatedly link people to the FAQ section when the repeatedly ask the same silly questions rather than posting the same answers over and over again.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

Oh, I thought that you were talking about questions relating to details in the game (that we wouldn't be able to answer until release). I'll start working on expanding the current FAQ section with more questions, if you have any suggestions that aren't there please let me know.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:03 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 22 September 2009 - 05:19 PM.

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Sep 22 2009, 16:58)
Oh, I thought that you were talking about questions relating to details in the game (that we wouldn't be able to answer until release). I'll start working on expanding the current FAQ section with more questions, if you have any suggestions that aren't there please let me know.

Thanks man I'll check back when you update the list and make any suggestions that I have. I think you'll know all the one's that have been asked a bit too frequently though so I can't see you needing my help on this one. Great topic by the way if I havent already said so icon14.gif

EDIT: Here's two for the time being

1. Do I need a copy of GTA IV to play The Ballad of Gay Tony?

2. If I have The Ballad of Gay Tony will I be able to use the new vehicles, weapons and features such as parachuting etc with Niko? (you could answer this from what we know about the new stuff from TLAD not tranferring over)

And this isn't a FAQ persay but I think you should add into the General Info section that the helicopters can now fly higher than they previously could.

skateordie985
  • skateordie985

New account: LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:00 AM

I've heard this question WAY too much:

"Do we play as a homo?"

suicidal.gif Too many close minded people out there...

Dont know if that's really an appropriate question for your FAQ... lol.gif

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

There's a lot of new / confirmed info on the new TBoGT site:

http://www.rockstarg...tony/#/features

MP5
  • MP5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

I'm having a hard time finding a single source of inspiration for the third unnamed helicopter. The closest ones that I have are two different helicopters with some but not all of the features of the game's helicopter:

user posted image
The Bell 430 (similar exhausts, similar vertical stabilizers and wings on the tail and similar side landing gear housing)...

user posted image
...and the AgustaWestland AW109 (similar long tail tip, similarly long engine housing, similar underside profile towards the tail, and similar overall body profile).

Each of them has a missing bit from the game's rendition, so it's possible R* North decided to merge features of both helicopters into one. Any thoughts, and are there any better ones?

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

Super Drop Diamond... glimpsed at beginning of the new "Meet" trailer.. a convertible, not a sedan.. as I said before..

skateordie985
  • skateordie985

New account: LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (ChrisAndy @ Sep 24 2009, 22:44)
Super Drop Diamond... glimpsed at beginning of the new "Meet" trailer.. a convertible, not a sedan.. as I said before..

so a convertible cant be a sedan?

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (skateordie985 @ Sep 24 2009, 23:25)

so a convertible cant be a sedan?

All it has been mentioned as being is a convertible. No one has specified the Super Diamond Drop is a sedan. R* should be adding a car list to the website sooon but in the meanwhile..

MP5
  • MP5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:20 AM Edited by MP5, 25 September 2009 - 09:34 AM.

Hate to break it to you, but the Stallion, Feltzer and Banshee in GTA4 can come with or without a top. With these examples on the table, and with the Super Drop Diamond seen with both the roof on and off...

Lern2logic.

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (MP5 @ Sep 25 2009, 09:20)

Hate to break it to you, but the Stallion, Feltzer and Banshee in GTA4 can come with or without a top. With these examples on the table, and with the Super Drop Diamond seen with both the roof on and off...

Lern2logic.

The O.P. edited his post. The original car was a picture of a sedan, not a two-door. Previews have shown the Super Drop Diamond as being a Bentley-like convertible. The sedan is a Rolls Royce look a like and a separate car. Some are guessing it's the return of the Stafford from San Andreas (kind of like the return of the Bullet):

http://www.g-unleash...le_stafford.jpg

MP5
  • MP5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:40 PM Edited by MP5, 25 September 2009 - 01:11 PM.

QUOTE (ChrisAndy @ Sep 25 2009, 10:00)
The O.P. edited his post. The original car was a picture of a sedan, not a two-door. Previews have shown the Super Drop Diamond as being a Bentley-like convertible. The sedan is a Rolls Royce look a like and a separate car. Some are guessing it's the return of the Stafford from San Andreas (kind of like the return of the Bullet):

Ah, yes. You have seen this, this and this, right? The first two implies a two door car (the same as in the Meet Yusuf Amir video and the last news video), and the third may be the four-door variant you're talking about, judging by the different back door design and front windscreen housing. But all the pictured cars have roofs on them, even if we think those are two separate models.

Exhibit A:
user posted image
See also (1:43-1:46) and (0:06-0:07)

Exhibit B:
user posted image

Also, sauces on teh last argument plz.

Azazel
  • Azazel

Rhododendron.

• None

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

Here's the Tampa from the Yusuf Amir video, in case you wanted to swap out the current image, which doesn't show much of the car.

user posted image

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:22 PM

Thanks, I'll update that now. I'm also going to add the new screenshots & weapon (.44 pistol) and update the weapons names now that they're revealed.

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:22 PM Edited by florisinfernus, 25 September 2009 - 06:38 PM.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I'm confused.. mercie_blink.gif cry.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

What confuse you?

First shot is old and good Sabre GT
The rest of the shots show new and good Tampa.

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:19 PM Edited by florisinfernus, 25 September 2009 - 10:23 PM.

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sep 25 2009, 19:34)
What confuse you?

The 'Tampa' in Yusef Amir's trailer looks very different from the one in the Brady guide and I think it looks different from the one in the weazel news trailer. It looks like a combination of the 'old Tampa' and the Sabre GT. That is what is confusing me..

Edit: Maybe it IS the same car and the only reason it looks different is because of the angle.. My bad.

TGMOS
  • TGMOS

GTA IV Vehicle Expert

• Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:02 AM

Don't be confused. The top pic is a Sabre GT, the others are of the Tampa, and they are all alike.

pcguytech
  • pcguytech

• Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:22 AM

So Lazlow is coming back with a new talk show in BOGT? That's awesome he is hilarious biggrin.gif
Rockstar News
If it's old news my bad,Is the first time I heard of this.

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (florisinfernus @ Sep 25 2009, 22:19)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Sep 25 2009, 19:34)
What confuse you?

The 'Tampa' in Yusef Amir's trailer looks very different from the one in the Brady guide and I think it looks different from the one in the weazel news trailer. It looks like a combination of the 'old Tampa' and the Sabre GT. That is what is confusing me..

Edit: Maybe it IS the same car and the only reason it looks different is because of the angle.. My bad.

Yeh man it probably is just the angle that makes it look confusing. The first one is a Sabre turbo, while the other 3 are tampa's.

The way to tell them apart is to look at the exhausts on the hood of the car - the tampa has two twin exhausts, while the sabre has none.

And yeh, I was kind of confused too when i first saw the small pic of tampa in traffic. To me it looked just like the sabre, until i looked at the fine details. Ever since San Andreas, Rockstar has had a tendency to make alot of car models with only small variations that only the car fanatics could pick up.

To me, all the bikes from TLAD just seemed variations of the freeway and NRG, but thats just me. I just wish Rockstar would bring back more variety of vehicles, like monster truck, hotring racer, derby cars and hovercrafts. the APC tank and sports cars are awesome, but i wish they put a few more different types.

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (MP5 @ Sep 25 2009, 12:40)
QUOTE (ChrisAndy @ Sep 25 2009, 10:00)

Ah, yes. You have seen this, this and this, right? The first two implies a two door car (the same as in the Meet Yusuf Amir video and the last news video), and the third may be the four-door variant you're talking about, judging by the different back door design and front windscreen housing. But all the pictured cars have roofs on them, even if we think those are two separate models.

Exhibit A:
user posted image
See also (1:43-1:46) and (0:06-0:07)

Exhibit B:
user posted image

Also, sauces on teh last argument plz.

Right... so there's no longer any issues... two separate cars...

TGMOS
  • TGMOS

GTA IV Vehicle Expert

• Members

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

It's probably just the same car with variants, not separate vehicles altogether. Just like there were convertible and hardtop variants of the Peyote, Manana, Feltzer, and others. The change in rim style may also be a variant as well.

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (TGMOS @ Sep 27 2009, 19:08)
It's probably just the same car with variants, not separate vehicles altogether. Just like there were convertible and hardtop variants of the Peyote, Manana, Feltzer, and others. The change in rim style may also be a variant as well.

The Peyote, Manana, and Feltzer don't come in both coupe and sedan versions...

Azazel
  • Azazel

Rhododendron.

• None

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:41 AM Edited by Azazel, 28 September 2009 - 08:44 AM.

QUOTE (ChrisAndy @ Sep 28 2009, 10:30)
The Peyote, Manana, and Feltzer don't come in both coupe and sedan versions...

Where is the coupe version of the Super Drop Diamond? I see a sedan and a convertible. As for the names, I doubt the sedan version will be called the Super Drop Diamond, too, as the 'Drop' part refers to the soft top. Neither do I believe that they will name the car something completely different, like Staffordshire, as the cars are still very much alike. My guess is that they will merely call the sedan, 'Diamond' or 'Super Diamond', but that sounds queer.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:21 PM

http://i38.tinypic.com/296lq41.jpg

Is That Tony flying that chopper??

scarp1996
  • scarp1996

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sep 28 2009, 23:21)

Good eye man cookie.gif

dabaannz
  • dabaannz

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sep 28 2009, 23:21)

Could be... adjusting the levels in photoshop only reveals so much... the guy driving is wearing a suit, has short hair that looks blonde on top, and also has a kind of shadow on his chin that could be a goate... no GT glasses though.

Interesting design/logo/lettering along the side of the chopper... can't read it but definitely not a police chopper logo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users